PDA

View Full Version : Manu (needs translation please)

TMTTRIO
01-06-2005, 05:35 PM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=668809&origen=premium

Navidad y Año Nuevo a pura competencia
Emanuel Ginóbili
Especial para LA NACION

En esta época muchos se preguntan cómo es pasar las fiestas en plena competencia de la NBA. Lo mejor que puedo hacer para que me entiendan es contar lo que me pasó hace dos años: el 31 de diciembre nos tocaba jugar con Washington, el partido terminó tarde y se hizo la medianoche cuando estábamos en el ómnibus, saliendo rumbo a San Antonio. Cada uno desde su asiento saludó al de adelante, después se dio vuelta y saludó al de atrás: "Feliz Año Nuevo", "feliz Año Nuevo", y se acabó.

Algo así me pasaba ya cuando estaba en Italia. Extraño las fiestas, pero más que nada para encontrarme con mi familia y mis amigos. En la Argentina nos reuníamos en la casa de algún tío. Era espectacular. Nos juntábamos 20 o 30 y encima en verano, cuando uno puede estar en lugares abiertos o tirarse a la pileta.

La verdad es que con el tiempo, cuando uno está tan lejos, va perdiendo el significado de las fechas. Hoy, para mí, el 1º de enero y el 4 de marzo son lo mismo. Tal vez porque además no soy tan religioso.

Me tocó pasar esta Navidad en San Antonio. Jugamos el 23 y el 26 como locales, así que me reuní con algunos compañeros del equipo, más que nada los que estamos solos. Pasé el Año Nuevo en Los Angeles, después de un partido con los Clippers. Jugamos a las 19, terminamos a las 22, entre la ducha y la atención a la prensa, llegamos al hotel a las 22.30. Los que estábamos con nuestras mujeres fuimos a comer. Festejamos..., bueno, "festejamos" es una forma de decir, porque en realidad... a los que les gusta, brindaron con champagne, y enseguida a la cama, porque al día siguiente viajamos a Sacramento. Pudimos levantarnos un poco más tarde, pero enseguida a entrenarnos otra vez.

Hablando de cosas más deportivas, hay que decir que el equipo ya está bien consolidado. Los dos nuevos se adaptaron: Beno Udrih está jugando muy bien y Brent Barry está levantando de a poco, encontrando sus tiros; con él tenemos una paciencia infinita, porque sabemos la calidad de jugador que tiene y si queremos llegar a buen destino vamos a necesitarlo mucho.

De Phoenix y Seattle, que tienen los mejores récords, puedo decir que muestran estilos muy parecidos. Abiertos y con mucho tiro exterior. A uno le ganamos y contra el otro perdimos dos veces. ¿Qué diferencias hubo? Sólo que Seattle metió muchísimo desde fuera, con Ray Allen, Radmanovic y Rashard Lewis y no tuvimos una buena noche, mientras que frente a Phoenix logramos cubrir bien a los tiradores.

Lo de la lesión no fue para preocuparse. Tuve una caída fea en un partido ante Phoenix, que me dolió un poco, nomás, y seguí jugando. Después, cuando me enfrié, empezó a endurecerse todo. Al otro día tenía la parte alta de la espalda y el cuello como una piedra. Con relajantes, masajes y antiinflamatorios me sentí bien. Me perdí sólo el partido con Portland y pude volver contra Los Angeles, el 31. Decidí jugar, porque, si no, es difícil mantener el estado físico. Los entrenamientos son tácticos y de tiro, nada más. Si no volvía, podía llegar a pasarme cinco días sin trabajo físico y eso, en plena competencia, me mata.

Para los que vieron la nota en la página de Internet en la NBA sobre mi "estilo loco de juego", les cuento que cuando llegué no pensé que eso iba a llamar tanto la atención. Pero a mí me toca vivirlo todos los días con mi entrenador, que siempre me dice que lo trastorno. Sé que soy muy acelerado, pero es la forma en la que jugué siempre. Antes creía que en esta competencia podía haber cientos que jugaran de esa forma, pero, por lo visto, no es así, porque siguen marcándomelo como algo llamativo.

Sobre el All-Star realmente no tengo tantas expectativas. No porque no quiera jugar; sería increíble hacerlo. Pero por votos es imposible llegar, si están arriba Tracy McGrady y Kobe Bryant. Steve Nash también está jugando bárbaro. La única forma sería que me eligieran los entrenadores, pero no estoy tan convencido de que me toque estar ahí este año.

Solid D
01-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Googlation - Warning English Language butchering ahead

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=668809&origen=premium

Thursday 6 of January of 2005
The news | Sport |Note
Christmas and New Year to pure competition
Emanuel Ginóbili
Special for the NATION

At this time many are wondered how is in the heat of to pass the celebrations competition of the NBA. the best thing than I can do so that they understand to me is to count what it happened to me two years ago: the 31 of December was called on to us to play with Washington, the party finished late and the midnight became when we were in the omnibus, leaving course to San Antonio. Each one from its seat saluted to the one of ahead, later return occurred and saluted to the one of back: "Happy New Year", "Happy New Year", and finished.

Something therefore happened to me already when it was in Italy. Stranger the celebrations, but more than nothing to find with my family and my friends me. In Argentina we met in the house of some uncle. He was spectacular. We joined 20 or 30 and in summer above, when one can be in open places or be thrown to the sink.

The truth is that with time, when one is so far, it is losing the meaning of the dates. Today, for me, 1º of January and the 4 of March are the same. Perhaps because in addition I am not so religious.

It was called on to me to spend this Christmas in San Antonio. We played the 23 and the 26 like the premises, so I met with some companions of the equipment, more than nothing those than we are single. I spent the New Year in Los Angeles, after a party with the Clippers. We played 19, we finished to 22, between the shower and the attention to the press, we arrived at the hotel to 22.30. Those that we were with our women we went to eat. Festejamos..., good, "festejamos" is a form to say, because in fact... to which they like, offered champagne, and immediately to the bed, because on the following day we traveled to Sacrament. We could rise a little later, but immediately to train to us again.

Speaking of sport things, it is necessary to say that the equipment already well is consolidated. Both new they adapted: Beno Udrih is playing very well and Brent Barry is raising little by little, finding its shots; with him we have an infinite patience, because we know the quality of player whom it has and if we want to arrive at good destiny we are going to need it much.

Of Phoenix and Seattle, that have the best records, I can say that they show very similar styles. Opened and with much outer shot. To one we won to him and against the other we lost twice. What differences were? Which Seattle put very many from outside, with Ray Allen, Radmanovic and Rashard Lewis and we did not only have a good night, whereas as opposed to Phoenix we managed to cover the gunners well.

The one of the injury was not for worrying. I had an ugly fall in a party before Phoenix, that hurt a little to me, just, and continued playing. Later, when I cooled off, everything began to become hardened. To the other day it had the high part of the back and the neck like a stone. With relajantes, antiinflammatory massages and I felt well. I lost only the party with Portland and could return against Los Angeles, the 31. I decided to play, because, if no, it is difficult to maintain the state physical. The training are tactical and of shot, nothing else. If it did not return, it could get to spend five days to me without physical work and that, in the heat of competition, kills to me.

For that they saw the note in the page of Internet in the NBA on my "crazy style of game", them story that when I arrived I did not think that that was going to call so much the attention. But to me it is called on to me to every day live it with my trainer, who always says that to it upheaval to me. I know that very I am accelerated, but is the form in which I always played. Before it thought that in this competition it could have hundreds that played of that form, but, by the sight, it is not thus, because they continue marking it to me like something showy.

On the All-Star really I do not have so many expectations. Not because it does not want to play; he would be incredible to do it. But by votes it is impossible to arrive, if they are above Tracy McGrady and Kobe Bryant. Steve Nash also is playing Barbarian. The only form would be that the trainers chose to me, but so I am not convinced that it is called on to me to be this year there.

www.manuginobili.com

TMTTRIO
01-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks

Solid D
01-06-2005, 05:59 PM
You can at least get an idea of what Manu is trying to say but some of the translations are pretty hilarious.

"Steve Nash also is playing Barbarian" :lol

Manu20
01-06-2005, 06:02 PM
It should say "Steve Nash is playing tremendous"

boutons
01-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Steve Nash is playing tremendous-ly,

but a good translator would translate barbarian (probably a Spanish idiom for powerful, fearful/fearless, warlike) into something like "a monster season", "a killer season"

BigVee
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=Solid D]You can at least get an idea of what Manu is trying to say but some of the translations are pretty hilarious.

Like the fact that when he cooled down everything began to become hardened?

Notorious H.O.P.
01-06-2005, 09:27 PM
This is the Notorious H.O.P. translation. It has a little more of a conversational tone than the Google translation. Not that this is anything wrong with that.

At this time, many ask themselves what it is like to spend the holidays in the middle of NBA competition. The best thing I can do so they can understand me is to tell what happened to me two years ago. On the 31st of December we had to play against Washington, the game ended late and it turned midnight when we were on the bus heading out to San Antonio. Every one from their seat greeted the person in front of them and then turned around and greeted the one behind them. “Happy New Year”, “Happy New Year” and it was over.

Something similar would happen to me when I was in Italy. I miss the parties, but more than anything to find myself with my family and my friends. In Argentina we’d get together at one of my uncles house. It was spectacular. In the summer, twenty or thirty of us would get together when one could be in open spaces or dive into the swimming pool.

The truth is that with time, when one is so far away, you begin to lose the significance of dates. Now, for me, the first of January and the 4th of March are the same. Perhaps because I am not so religious.

I spent this Christmas in San Antonio. We were the home team on the 23rd and 26th, so I got together with some teammates, more than anything, those that were alone. I spent the New Year in Los Angeles after a game versus the Clippers. We played at 7pm, finished at 10pm and between the shower and meeting with the press, we got to the hotel at 10:30pm. Those of us that were with our women went out to eat. We celebrated…well “celebrating” is a way to say it because in reality…those that wanted to, toasted with champagne and went straight to bed because the next day we were traveling to Sacramento. (*Bonus translation note - Good save? Maybe. Manu seems to have caught himself before anyone could assume that the players may have partied it up the night before a loss to Sacramento*) We could wake up a little later but went straight to practice again.

Speaking of things more sports related, it has to be said that the team is already well consolidated. The two new guys have adapted. Beno Udrih is playing well and Brent Barry is picking up slowly, finding his shot and with him, we have infinite patience because we know the quality of player he is and if we want to get to someplace good, we’ll need him very much.

About Phoenix and Seattle, who have the best records, I can say that they demonstrate similar styles. Open and with lots of outside shots. We beat one of them and we lost two versus the other. What difference was there? Only that Seattle dropped in a lot from outside, with Ray Allen, Radmanovic and Rashard Lewis and we didn’t have a good night, whereas with Phoenix, we were able to cover their shooters well.

The injury was nothing to worry about. I had a bad fall in a game before Phoenix, which only hurt a little and I kept playing. Later, when I got cold, everything began to stiffen. By the next day, I had the high part of my back and my next like a rock. With muscle relaxers, massages and anti-inflamatories, I felt better. I only sat out one game versus Portland and I was able to return versus Los Angeles the 31st. I decided to play because if you don’t, it’s difficult to maintain your physical conditioning. The coaches are tacticians and nothing more. If I didn’t come back, I could pass up to five days without playing and that, in this type of competition, would kill me. (*Bonus translation note – “With Brent finally having a good game playing in my place, I had to rush back before Pop pulled a ‘Hedo’ on me.”)

For those who saw the note on the NBA’s Internet page about my “crazy style of play”, I’ll tell you that when I arrived I didn’t think this was going to draw so much attention. But for me I have to live it out every day with my coach who always tells me that I drive him crazy. I know I play very fast but that is the way I’ve always played. Before I thought that in this competition there could be hundreds that played this way but, being here, it’s not that way, because they continue describing me like some kind of showman.

Regarding the All-Star game, I don’t have many expectations. Not because I don’t want to play; it would be incredible to do it. But through the votes, it is impossible to go if Tracy McGrady and Kobe Bryant are above you. Steve Nash is also playing tremendously. The only way would be if the coaches chose me but I’m not convinced that I would be there this year.

SequSpur
01-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Translation:

This is the Spurs forum

xcoriate
01-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Its about Manu, you know the spurs starting 2 guard.