PDA

View Full Version : Rofl

JPB
02-17-2008, 08:54 AM
For all the people who are, like me, working today. This could help you make time pass.

Arizona Republic -
According to a report in the Arizona Republic, Amare Stoudemire has fired his manager, saying he should be much more marketable in light of three All-Star selections and All-NBA status.

"I felt like, from a marketing standpoint, I wasn't reaching my full potential," Stoudemire said. "It's a great opportunity for me to move forward. With my personality and aura and swagger, I've got a great chance to be marketed. It was definitely hard because I had established a friendship with these guys but a lot of companies like me and adore me."

According to the report, this was Stoudemire's fourth representation team in his six year career.

:lmao

anakha
02-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Sure, Amare. Whatever you say, Amare.

exstatic
02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
I wonder if his manager did pushups?

Here's a clue, Amare: winners can sell anything, if they choose.

ancestron
02-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Amare's an ass. He's a lot more likeable when he doesnt speak.

Extra Stout
02-17-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't think a manager can fix stupid.

AZLouis
02-17-2008, 02:16 PM
damn, the guy's not exactly humble is he...?

Tattooed Black Jesus on himself

Wears the jersey number 1

I don't think it took the firing of some guy to put the icing on the cake.

K-State Spur
02-17-2008, 02:19 PM
i'll be the one to say it:

doesn't amare realize that ratings championships are a team effort?

WalterBenitez
02-17-2008, 02:20 PM
damn, the guy's not exactly humble is he...?

He sounds stupid for me, but ask an authorized opinion in any case
:wakeup

T Park
02-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Shows what stoudamire is all about.

cornbread
02-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Did he has refer to his "aura"? What an ass.

hsxvvd
02-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Perhaps the great minds here at ST can help with some products that Amare could be the face of?

Leetonidas
02-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Perhaps the great minds here at ST can help with some products that Amare could be the face of?
Amare should be the head spokesman for a genital warts cream or something.

Allanon
02-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Nah, Amare's just pissed because he feels he's better than DHo and DHo's getting all the love right now.

All the love for Superman last night probably mad Amare mad and got Amare's manager fired.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/basketball/nba/specials/all_star/2008/02/16/allstar.events.ap/tx_0217_howard_getty.jpg

nkdlunch
02-17-2008, 04:25 PM
He'd be great pick for marketing for Special Olympics

T Park
02-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Hes great marketing for condoms.

SpursFanFirst
02-17-2008, 04:41 PM
:vomit:

txstr1986
02-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Check out Amare's jersey... D'Antoni must've told him to play for the name on the front, not the back and he was like "oh, ok".
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/39/fullj.7cea7fe9d9915ee6135e1b86cb6f7a12/7cea7fe9d9915ee6135e1b86cb6f7a12-getty-79624295bb055_all_star_practice.jpg

spursrocksocks
02-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Check out Amare's jersey... D'Antoni must've told him to play for the name on the front, not the back and he was like "oh, ok".

lol what a douche rocket

raspsa
02-17-2008, 04:49 PM
He's changed managers 4 times in the last 6 years. IIRC correctly, at least one of his previous managers quit because Amare was very difficult to deal with. That tells me a lot. How many manager's would willingly give up the chance of representing a player of his caliber? The guys is probaby one of the most self-centered players in the NBA and is a worthy successor to Sprewell.

remingtonbo2001
02-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Hooked on Phonics.

endrity
02-17-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't know what he'll do once Steve hangs them up and he doesn't get freebies anymore.

bonesinaz
02-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Even the most die hard Suns fans here know that Amare's IQ is about the same as his shoe size.

hater
02-17-2008, 05:08 PM

Stay in school campaign

Ronaldo McDonald
02-17-2008, 05:11 PM
dumber than a rock

m33p0
02-17-2008, 07:13 PM
*shakes head, snickers and looks for another thread topic*

ancestron
02-18-2008, 03:24 PM
I liked Amare better when he was number 32.

1Parker1
02-18-2008, 03:32 PM
If he spent as much time worrying about how he's going to improve his defense as he does about his image and marketing himself, he'd be about 100 x more marketable. :lol

hsxvvd
02-18-2008, 03:35 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/39/fullj.7cea7fe9d9915ee6135e1b86cb6f7a12/7cea7fe9d9915ee6135e1b86cb6f7a12-getty-79624295bb055_all_star_practice.jpg

:lol He can't even dress himself.

Do you think anybody said anything to him? You can imagine Duncan just taking a look and have a good ol laugh at him.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 04:11 PM

Thank you. I was looking for that picture. Had a "who he play for" graphic in mind.

Findog
02-18-2008, 04:13 PM
One thing that brings Mavs and Spurs fans together: Making fun of Duhmare.

101A
02-18-2008, 04:24 PM
But Marion was the chemistry problem.

Got it.

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Amare's a beast. People call him "dumb" on this board because they got nothing else to say.

Why is he "dumb"? Seriously?

manubili
02-18-2008, 04:38 PM
howard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>amare

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Beasts can be quite dumb.

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Beasts can be quite dumb.

Yeah, but who ever said this one was dumb?

He's seems very articulate. An ego-maniac? Yes. But not "dumb". Kobe's an ego-maniac but he's not dumb.

Whats with all of the "I.Q." nonsense?

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 04:43 PM
How do you know these people aren't dumb?

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 04:46 PM
How do you know these people aren't dumb?

I give most people the benefit of the doubt. Especially after you see an interview or two and can pretty much tell which NBA players are capable of having normal conversations and which one's are lost without their ebonics.

Amare is a very good speaker. Again, he's an ego-maniac, but how in the world can anyone call him "dumb"?

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Allen Iverson seems pretty dumb. Shawn Marion seems pretty dumb. Kwame Brown seems very dumb.

But Amare Stoudemire? How? Why?

When did this consesus occur amongst the posters here that Amare was "dumb"?

ancestron
02-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Amare is dumb.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Amare's a beast. People call him "dumb" on this board because they got nothing else to say.

Seriously? I guess because his parents were dumb.

Leaving the bench was pretty dumb.

Doing pushups was pretty dumb.

Saying the things he says makes him sound pretty dumb.

People call him "dumb" on this board for the same reason people call him "dumb" on other boards: Because there's quite a lot of evidence out there that he is indeed dumb.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 05:22 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/WhoHePlayFor.jpg

DUMB

samikeyp
02-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Way to prioritize there, STAT!

:lol

P.S..go get someone to tell you what prioritize means. :tu

word
02-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Carmello Anthony is 10 times as marketable and you don't see him all over the place either. Like it or not, sports is SUPPOSE to present a wholesome image. Lets take a look at the BIG NAMES ... Shaq, Manning, Reggie Bush, Dwayne Wade, Tiger Woods, MJ ...hmmmm. He just doesn't 'get it'. If anything, it's a mystery why TD isn't more successful in this area. It's NOT a mystery why Amare or Carmello aren't.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Duncan tries very hard to be publicly uninteresting. Amare just is.

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 05:37 PM

People call him "dumb" on this board for the same reason people call him "dumb" on other boards: Because there's quite a lot of evidence out there that he is indeed dumb.

You sound like a hater.

Is Boris Diaw "dumb" too? He came off the bench as well.

I don't know why Amare's pushups make him "dumb".

And Ive never seen him called dumb on other boards. Just this one.

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Duncan tries very hard to be publicly uninteresting. Amare just is.

Don't you mean "boring"?

Ronaldo McDonald
02-18-2008, 06:03 PM

i concur.

but...you forgot to mention his dumb fouls...he commits the most needless and dumb fouls.

just one more reason why he is dumb.

Spurminator
02-18-2008, 06:05 PM
What makes Amare dumb is his lack of intelligence.

Extra Stout
02-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I give most people the benefit of the doubt. Especially after you see an interview or two and can pretty much tell which NBA players are capable of having normal conversations and which one's are lost without their ebonics.

Amare is a very good speaker. Again, he's an ego-maniac, but how in the world can anyone call him "dumb"?
There is such a thing as an articulate fool.

foodie2
02-18-2008, 06:56 PM

Don't you mean "boring"?

We here on this board could give you lots of reasons why Duncan is not boring. Way to "give people the benefit of the doubt".

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Good thing basketball exists in our world today because who knows what that dumbass would be doing right now for a living. I used to think Shaq was dumb then Amare came along although in Shaq's case, it's mostly because of the way he looks, talks...etc. Amare is just a plain idiot.

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Good thing basketball exists in our world today because who knows what that dumbass would be doing right now for a living. I used to think Shaq was dumb then Amare came along although in Shaq's case, it's mostly because of the way he looks, talks...etc. Amare is just a plain idiot.

Shaq had the highest GPA on his team at LSU. He is easily the wittiest interview out there. He's capable of being funny without being a clown.

What else? Shaq was only good because he was big, right?

Edit: I don't want to be worse than the people calling NBA players dumb for no apparent reason.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Shaq had the highest GPA on his team at LSU. He is easily the wittiest interview out there. He's capable of being funny without being a clown.

Im starting to think that San Antonio fans are "dumb".That doesnt mean shit. We all know for a fact that these athletes get special treatment and take Mickey Mouse courses in order to participate in the NCAA which brings the school money.

I think ApolloCreed took one too many punches to the head. Maybe you're the "dumb" one around here.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 07:23 PM

Well yeah. Duh.

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 07:25 PM
That doesnt mean shit. We all know for a fact that these athletes get special treatment and take Mickey Mouse courses in order to participate in the NCAA which brings the school money.

I think ApolloCreed took one too many punches to the head. Maybe you're the "dumb" one around here.

I edited my post, I don't want to start hating on everyone who disagrees with me.

But you want to claim that Shaq's grades were illegitimate? Are Duncan's grade illegitimate?

Shaq is NOT dumb. He falls under the same category as Amare. False sense of self-importance, but he's still a very smart guy. Same can be said about Kobe, Tiki Barber etc.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Edit: I don't want to be worse than the people calling NBA players dumb for no apparent reason.Yeah yeah nice edit. I already quoted you anyway.

Do you live under a rock or is Amare's lack of an IQ not obvious to you?

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Well yeah. Duh.

Funny that he's just as big now as he was then yet he sucks now, huh?

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 07:27 PM
I edited my post, I don't want to start hating on everyone who disagrees with me.

But you want to claim that Shaq's grades were illegitimate? Are Duncan's grade illegitimate?

Shaq is NOT dumb. He falls under the same category as Amare. False sense of self-importance, but he's still a very smart guy. Same can be said about Kobe, Tiki Barber etc.And only reason I said Shaq was "dumb" because of the way he looks and talks. He doesn't exude genius like the way you make him out to be by just taking one look at him and listening to his mumblings.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Funny that he's just as big now as he was then yet he sucks now, huh?Yeah all that fatness has taken a toll on him as well as age.

He could get away with it when he was young but now, it's obvious.

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah yeah nice edit. I already quoted you anyway.

Do you live under a rock or is Amare's lack of an IQ not obvious to you?

LMAO!

I've asked you guys to tell me why you believed Amare was dumb and all I've seen is

1) Leaving the bench in last years playoffs
2) Doing pushups
3) Commiting too many fouls

In a game where players like Ron Artest, Josh Howard, Nate Robinson, Carmelo Anthony etc etc etc are suspended for running out of nowhere and punching another player in the head, how can you attack Amare for taking a few steps away from the bench after watching his teammate get body-checked into a table? I can think of a dozen other incidents where a fight occured and players did something much dumber than what Amare did. Why single him out? What makes him different from Boris Diaw?

I don't know why doing pushups makes someone dumb. This is just stupid.

As for the fouls "argument", Amare is 39th in the league in fouls/48 minutes. Its still too high and he needs to obviously get better. But this is less than Fabricio Oberto.

Is Oberto dumb too?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbafouls&qual=true&sort=fouls&league=nba&split=0&season=2008&seasontype=2&avg=48

cornbread
02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
He's seems very articulate.
"He kicked me in the gonads on purpose!"

spursrocksocks
02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
LMAO did he really say that :dramaquee

exstatic
02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Creed - You don't think wearing your practice jersey backwards at the ASG is dumb?

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 07:53 PM

AHA!

I googled that quote and found this:

"Normally, I try to tear the rim down when it’s a wide open dunk but I felt a kick,'' Stoudemire said. "I barely got the ball in and I came down awkward. I looked back at Bruce and he’s running down the court like nothing happened. Once I got home, I told my family and friends, ‘Did you guys see if Bruce Bowen kicked me in the ankle?’ They said they saw something but weren’t quite sure. But thank God for SportsCenter. It came on that night and I had my TiVo ready and I rewinded it a few times and saw that he really did it on purpose."

As for Ginobili, Stoudemire claimed he had grabbed his knee during Game 2. He also said Ginobili had kneed him in the crotch during the regular season.

"He kicked me in my gonads on purpose,'' Stoudemire said. "A lot of fans said it wasn’t on purpose. When you look at his reaction, he’s calm and relaxed. But you don’t know what he’s thinking. He actually went up knee first and kneed me directly in the gonads and that was regular season. I just ask for a clean game."

So THATS why you all want to call him dumb! Because he called your team dirty!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Well at least I now know the real reason. Too funny.

anakha
02-18-2008, 07:53 PM
"Just because I'm smart doesn't mean I can't act stupid."

- Mud, 'Camp Nowhere'.

ApolloCreed
02-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Creed - You don't think wearing your practice jersey backwards at the ASG is dumb?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7343680/Buffet:-Return-of-the-fashion-police

He does it on purpose for some reason.

carina_gino20
02-18-2008, 08:06 PM
how can you attack Amare for taking a few steps away from the bench after watching his teammate get body-checked into a table? I can think of a dozen other incidents where a fight occured and players did something much dumber than what Amare did. Why single him out? What makes him different from Boris Diaw?

Well violating a rule that's been repeated to them countless times is pretty dumb. That said, Boris following Amare was also dumb.

ClingingMars
02-18-2008, 08:12 PM

I knew SOMEBODY would try to defend this dumbass, but a Hawks fan?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

-Mars

cornbread
02-18-2008, 08:25 PM
AHA!

I googled that quote and found this:

So THATS why you all want to call him dumb! Because he called your team dirty!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Well at least I now know the real reason. Too funny.
Slow down Creed. You're beginning to sound like Amare. I never said Black Jesus was dumb and that quote wouldn't be a good example to use if I were to call him dumb. I just found it really funny that anybody would describe him as articulate. What kind of articulate adult refers to his "gonads" in public? :lol

And I don't see STAT calling the Spurs "dirty" during a playoff series as a fair reason to call him dumb. Did it make him across as an enormous vagina? Absolutely. But that's an entirely different conversation.

Ginofan
02-18-2008, 08:36 PM
I find Amare dumb because he could've been one of the greats if he would've just worked on his defense. He's been in this league what..6 years? Is that correct? And still he has no presence down low...that's unimaginable for a guy his size and his energetic type of play. Why would you not want to improve yourself if you had the chance??? Dumb.

Obstructed_View
02-19-2008, 12:18 AM
I knew SOMEBODY would try to defend this dumbass, but a Hawks fan?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

-Mars
He's a Suns troll, and he's as stupid as Amare is. Shaq acts dumb just to be funny. Amare is dumb because he's got a low IQ.

How were Amare's grades in college, Suns troll?

Trainwreck2100
02-19-2008, 12:30 AM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/316YG1CNR4L._AA280_.jpg

too easy

mikejones99
02-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Boris is french and black Jesus played in the 70's with the Bullets and Ny. wo cares if they call udumb when you make over 10 mill a year. Hawks fans must be insane cuz mngmnt keeps robbin your asses

ancestron
02-19-2008, 01:55 AM
rofl

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-19-2008, 02:17 AM

I think with Amare's talent we wish he wasn't so stupid, but he is.

I remember last year when Amare made some ill-advised comments against the Spurs, Coach Pop could only respond with a "he's young." comment, which was basically a euphemism for dumb.

The difference between self-centered asses and Amare's comments with statements like "they adore me" is that when someone says something like that it has more to do with a lack-of-self-awareness/obliviousness.

ApolloCreed
02-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Well I started off this thread believing that Spurs fans called Amare "dumb" for no apparent reason and now Im sure of it.

This is all just a childish backlash to Amare calling your team "dirty".

phyzik
02-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Well I started off this thread believing that Spurs fans called Amare "dumb" for no apparent reason and now Im sure of it.

This is all just a childish backlash to Amare calling your team "dirty".

Tel you what... Go outside and do some pushups... dont SAY you did, really go out and do it. 5 pushups should do it.... then immediately afterward try to shoot a freethrow.... you will realize quite quickly why its really fucking dumb to do that before freethrows.

Its not the fact that he did them against the Spurs that we call it dumb... It really, undeniably, is freaking dumb to do that to your arms before a freethrow shot. No matter how physically fit you are, it messes up your shot.

Instead of dumb, would you prefer no common sense?

Hemotivo
02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
amare have a very low bball iq

SenorSpur
02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
For all the people who are, like me, working today. This could help you make time pass.

Arizona Republic -
According to a report in the Arizona Republic, Amare Stoudemire has fired his manager, saying he should be much more marketable in light of three All-Star selections and All-NBA status.

"I felt like, from a marketing standpoint, I wasn't reaching my full potential," Stoudemire said. "It's a great opportunity for me to move forward. With my personality and aura and swagger, I've got a great chance to be marketed. It was definitely hard because I had established a friendship with these guys but a lot of companies like me and adore me."

According to the report, this was Stoudemire's fourth representation team in his six year career.

:lmao

How much of a jealous, arrogant ass can one player be? Even if we are talking about "Black Jesus"

anjlbitz
02-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Is Apollo Creed the poster who was campaigning for Amare to be MVP this season? lol

Obstructed_View
02-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Well I started off this thread hating Spurs fans and thinking I would suck Amare's dick if I had the chance now Im sure of it.

I love Amare and nothing that he does will make me stop loving him. I'll defend him until the end. WHY DON'T YOU EVER WRITE BACK, AMARE?

vander
02-19-2008, 03:13 PM
in that case we are all in debt to his former trainer, what a great public service he has done to this point by trying to keep amare hidden. :clap