PDA

View Full Version : 'Tech Talk' Boring topic don't open!

Steve Perry
02-17-2008, 11:02 AM
If you are reading this it means only three things.

A) Your like me and your one curious person.
you have a little Denice the menace in you and if there is a button that reads 'Do not push' , you will have to push it some day.

B) You like to sometimes talk and read Tech stuff.

or

C) You clicked this topic by accident.

In any case I will use this topic to do some venting and maybe ask some questions. Right now I have been up since yesterday and I need to complete some badly needed bodily functions and re-load my espresso machine.

Feel free to vent about something in the Tech world or ask any questions while I take care of some things brb.......

:wakeup

Steve Perry
02-17-2008, 11:04 AM
On a side note: If I see no replies and 20 views, I will know (A) and (C) applied to you, or maybe 1/2 of (B) the reading, not the replying part.

Steve Perry
02-17-2008, 11:10 AM
On another side note: The 20 views could be me clicking the link 20 times a day to see who's reading. In that case I will deduct the number of times I clicked on this topic to figure out how many times others may have done so also.

Richard Cranium
02-17-2008, 11:10 AM
What's the easiest way to go wireless on a laptop?

Steve Perry
02-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Buy one that has it built in already. 90% of the news ones today have it built in
If not, hit eBay and get you a card for 20.00 bucks.

If you live in some Apartments you can use your neighbor's wireless modem.

I think Blizz works on laptops he might have an extra one to sell.
PM him.

Steve Perry
02-17-2008, 11:16 AM
scissors

Can I use that for open mic Tuesday? :lmao

Tenacious D
02-17-2008, 12:16 PM
I hate Toshiba notebooks!
They have like 4 different size screws, at least with the Dell If I have any extra screws I can find a place to put them. But with the Toshiba if you have a short screw it won't grab and keeps falling off the back, or if the screw is to long it won't go in all the way and the customer can see it.

Not to mention how flimsy they are. and they run hot around 70 degrees ,at least the satellites do, that is not hot to soome but I like mine to run around 39-45 if possible but will settle for 50 to 60 degrees. I can dream can't I?

My desktop is at 39 but I have the cover off and my fan pointing at the processor.

And why they put the fan on the bottom plate is puzzling. At least have the fan on the back or side why would you want your bed sheets to stop up the air flow?

Anyway I was working on the Toshiba from hell last night let me grab my coffee and the rolling papers to tell you what went wrong and how I wished I had went to barber collage like my gay uncle kept telling me to back in the 80s................brb.

T Park
02-17-2008, 12:56 PM
agreed mouse, toshiba is what i had before this dell and it was a total pile of crap.

And why they put the fan on the bottom plate is puzzling. At least have the fan on the back or side why would you want your bed sheets to stop up the air flow?

Thats another thing, I'd be working on some stuff and the friggen computer would start to burn my legs.

Fing thing was a total pile of crap. My new Dell inspiron 1520 is awesome!

The sone
02-17-2008, 01:00 PM
why do customers need to be repeatedly be told that the answer to their question is no...

seriously, heres on example:

customer: do you guys sell dell notebooks?
me: no
customer: so you dont sell any dell notebooks?
me: nope
customer: do you guys carry and dell laptops?
me: no...

on average i have calculated three similar responses to the same question, again this is on average

and what the fuck is up with changing the way you ask the question...just cause you call it a laptop and not a notebook the third time doesnt mean its going to magically appear...arseholes!*

needless to say i usually see the same customer asking the same question to another employee about two minutes later but since im the "tech guy" they call me to the front to speak with them and then it starts all over...uhg

now i feel better.

*see oh canada thread

The sone
02-17-2008, 01:02 PM
oh yeah...anyone know how to clone a drive? i have a 120gb to replace my 60gb in my laptop what cord do i need and what software is best?

baseline bum
02-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Toshiba laptops are notorious for running really hot compared to other brands.

ChumpDumper
02-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Buy one that has it built in already. 90% of the news ones today have it built in
If not, hit eBay and get you a card for 20.00 bucks.

If you live in some Apartments you can use your neighbor's wireless modem.

I think Blizz works on laptops he might have an extra one to sell.
PM him.If you need to add wireless to your notebook and you are going to steal wireless from someone else, get a USB wireless adapter, they tend to have better range than the PC card adapters, especially if you use the extension cable most USB adapters come with.

As for laptop heat, use a cooling pad whenever you can -- basically whenever you aren't running it off the battery. It will help extend the life of your computer.

ESPN topic starter
02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
yes but the next time you have relations with your chica, after you finish you have to brush her hair back, put your mouth close to her ear, and whisper "that was for elpimpo4cc"

Can't you just do it since she's still in your bed already?

I love Tech talk but try to mix in some sports while your at it.

ESPN topic starter
02-17-2008, 07:07 PM
oh yeah...anyone know how to clone a drive? i have a 120gb to replace my 60gb in my laptop what cord do i need and what software is best?

Crazyone uses

http://www.discount-software.ws/discount-software-images/norton-ghost-2003-frlg.jpg

Pick of Destiny
02-17-2008, 07:36 PM
why do customers need to be repeatedly be told that the answer to their question is no...

seriously, heres on example:

customer: do you guys sell dell notebooks?
me: no
customer: so you dont sell any dell notebooks?
me: nope
customer: do you guys carry and dell laptops?
me: no...

on average i have calculated three similar responses to the same question, again this is on average

and what the fuck is up with changing the way you ask the question...just cause you call it a laptop and not a notebook the third time doesnt mean its going to magically appear...arseholes!*

needless to say i usually see the same customer asking the same question to another employee about two minutes later but since im the "tech guy" they call me to the front to speak with them and then it starts all over...uhg

now i feel better.

*see oh canada thread

Great story I feel better just reading it. :tu

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Get a Mac.

mouse
02-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Thats another thing, I'd be working on some stuff and the friggen computer would start to burn my legs.!

Did it smell like bacon? Sorry brah I had to get one last fat joke in there before you get skinny. Word on the streets is your losing weight.

Good Luck! :tu

Hey Tpark why not apply at ESPN to run their website? You can do live radio when your not updating the site. Go to Duel's site and ask him!

Well I have to change the band-aid in my thumb I almost cut off yesterday and I will be back with my laptop from hell stories! :wakeup

Pick of Destiny
02-17-2008, 09:20 PM

http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/

http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/images/clonezilla-menu-english.jpg

mouse
02-17-2008, 09:46 PM
ok here goes..................this man calls me he is from India (obcourse) he works down the street at USAA (obcourse) and he is a computer programmer with numerous degrees but (obcourse) he has a Toshiba Satellite. It runs like shit and is hotter than batman's ak47 he has in the trunk of his 2007 Acura,

I have not advertised or made any flyer's for the mail room at my apartments for over a year and I still keep getting many of the USAA employees calling me up.

One thing about the folks from India they have a tight networking system..

Anyway I go to boot up his notebook and it takes at least 8 minutes. Like a tamale factory worker one day before new years eve I knew I was in for a long night.

After it finally booted up I noticed he had "Norton" the Herpes of software. You would be better off trying to get rid of a mole on your ass you had since birth before you fully uninstall that shit.

So I install Avast and (obcourse) Norton did not alert me. Norton should have warned me that I am installing another software and that it may compromise Norton. I would like to see if Norton is at least awake. But he has the 79.00 dollars a year plan his Norton is like the security guard at a Baghdad whore house.

After It only took 35 minutes to install something that usually takes 1 minute I did a boot up scan. Avast found over 35 TRJ and Infections.

Then It only took 6 minutes to boot up this time around. Then I did a Spyware scan
with EWIDO and found 3500 infections. Now the PC is only taking 4 minutes to boot up. (I still think he needs a new HD)

So then I use HijackThis and his page is full of crap.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/hyjack-3.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/hijck-screen.jpg

remember each one of the following items is running at the time of the scan. Just think how slow your PC would be with all that crap going on.

Anyway long story short (kim wants to play Luxor) the guy wants to keep his HD after all and I made a whole 10 dollars in just 12 hours. :lmao

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey Tpark why not apply at ESPN to run their website? You can do live radio when your not updating the site. Go to Duel's site and ask him!

That would be awesome, if I had any clue how to run a website :lol

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Did it smell like bacon? Sorry brah I had to get one last fat joke in there before you get skinny. Word on the streets is your losing weight

:lol

that actually made me laugh.

Thanks.

nacho
02-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Dude all you have to do is update it. Make sure the front page doesn't say Damion Stoudamire could be a Spur?

Like the front page of ClubSpurs still says. You will read emails and IM's to Duel as they come in. How hard is that? It's no big secret you want no part of talk radio you made that clear with post after post on how your not qualified for this or that. And your not worthy etc....

I just know you could help the ESPN show get a running start. Here is a radio show with no advertisements, has no website, and the only way anyone knows about it you had to,
A) Be a close friend of Chris Duel

B) had to have read the Jeannie Jackie's column on page 5F of the Living section of the San Antonio Express news

or

C) You post at ST and you saw some of the topics.

Anyway I can see your not interested or your job you have now will not allow it but you do need to raise the self esteem bar a tad bit and stop dodging opportunities when they arrive. You think I want to go to the LCS auditions in Huston Friday? Hell I have no material and I have no ride to get there and I have to go against 600 other comics but you don't see me giving up or not trying at least.

It doesn't matter if you fail in life as long as you gave it a shot.

ok back to Tech talk I have a story also.....................

nacho
02-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Has anyone here ever stayed up all night formating a HD installing windows in a motherboard you had lying around for a year or two. Then when you download a crack file so you don't have to register XP and your all set to start surfing and you notice the clock and date are wrong. It's set for 2004 or 2006 and after you correct it and reboot your PC it is now set for 2008 and your XP 30 day grace period has expired and you now have to register in order to log on so you end up having to re-install Xp again. :lmao

ok so I am the only one.................... :wakeup

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:24 AM
I can't seem to find 'Windoze success stories'. All I can find is people complaining about their shitty OS. C'mon you guys. Linux >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Windoze.

Bigzax
02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Has anyone here ever stayed up all night formating a HD installing windows in a motherboard you had lying around for a year or two. Then when you download a crack file so you don't have to register XP and your all set to start surfing and you notice the clock and date are wrong. It's set for 2004 or 2006 and after you correct it and reboot your PC it is now set for 2008 and your XP 30 day grace period has expired and you now have to register in order to log on so you end up having to re-install Xp again. :lmao

ok so I am the only one.................... :wakeup

that crax me up. fool, you better get some sleep or you're gonna go crazy.

i got good news with the snax. how's your cash flow these dayz?

where is blue harvest, that family guy dvd i needed you to burn for me...

that +30 and you're in bizness patna!

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:28 AM
I can't seem to find 'Windoze success stories'. All I can find is people complaining about their shitty OS. C'mon you guys. Linux >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Windoze.

And it's not even a Mac.

Re-Animator
02-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Anyone here want basis photoshop PM me and I will send you my Addy all you have to do is send me a SASE and two blank CDs. This software is from the 1996-98 era it's has no code key that needs to be installed. And it's free, or it used to be free on line. So sharing it is not a violation of any kind. I will send you a copy ASAP!

Actually it's what I use today. I kinda like the simple photo shop. It's easy to use unlike the 600 dollar Adobe CS like Slomo and the pros use this photoshop is perfect for the beginners.

I will start a free photoshop classes this spring (not like I am a pro) but I will show you what I know and maybe you will find out for yourselves how easy it is,

And trust me once you join up to a website like Photo shop contest.com you will find its fun to enter the contests. They have pros and beginners.

I found the main problem with photo shop and PC's in general if the attitude people have.

They are so worried about looking like an idiot they refuse to ask questions in public.
Did you know with just one of my 2 hour classes you can make any wallpaper or fix any photo you have lying around the house.

Let's say you have this killer photo of you and Tim Duncan or a photo of the grand canyon but your Ex is in the picture also. You just fill in that area with the back ground it only takes one click of the mouse.

I will show you.............

Re-Animator
02-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I can't seem to find 'Windoze success stories'. All I can find is people complaining about their shitty OS.

Bro who wants to hear about something that went ok? If I made a topic that reads........"I just turned on my PC and it works great" People would say "so!"

Hey I just went for a drive down 410 and nothing happened. My car runs great and my life is going good. Today nothing went wrong.

Hello Club posters today I made coffee and and and now I am using my Mac PC everything is smooth.

How long do you think that shit would last on the www? No one wants to hear about what goes right in this world. You think FOX news would have a show if they just told everyone the world is perfect and Bush is doing a great job?

Things going wrong is what makes life interesting.

C'mon you guys. Linux >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Windoze.

You have a good point but you fail to realize that 98% of the PCs sold at Best Buy and other stores have Windows already installed how is the average PC user going to know about Linux?

Trust me most of the windows problems are do to user error like Sequ says all the time. If my cheap ass would just go get a License from Microsoft I could pay a small fee and probably get an XP disc I can use over and over.

In a way I kinda like when shit goes wrong it helps me learn. and it keeps the phone ringing for extra cash. :smokin

JoeChalupa
02-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Anyone here want basis photoshop PM me and I will send you my Addy all you have to do is send me a SASE and two blank CDs. This software is from the 1996-98 era it's has no code key that needs to be installed. And it's free, or it used to be free on line. So sharing it is not a violation of any kind. I will send you a copy ASAP!

Actually it's what I use today. I kinda like the simple photo shop. It's easy to use unlike the 600 dollar Adobe CS like Slomo and the pros use this photoshop is perfect for the beginners.

I will start a free photoshop classes this spring (not like I am a pro) but I will show you what I know and maybe you will find out for yourselves how easy it is,

And trust me once you join up to a website like Photo shop contest.com you will find its fun to enter the contests. They have pros and beginners.

I found the main problem with photo shop and PC's in general if the attitude people have.

They are so worried about looking like an idiot they refuse to ask questions in public.
Did you know with just one of my 2 hour classes you can make any wallpaper or fix any photo you have lying around the house.

Let's say you have this killer photo of you and Tim Duncan or a photo of the grand canyon but your Ex is in the picture also. You just fill in that area with the back ground it only takes one click of the mouse.

I will show you.............

I took this class but didn't take good notes. I was able to create a few gifs but I don't have the patience or time to mess around with it.

Re-Animator
02-18-2008, 11:23 AM
But you have time to post as 20 different screen names? All you have to do is come by my place when Kim is out of town and use my PC or call me when your in a Jam.

I was hoping Kori would use her connections with Time Warner and get me on channel 20 or what ever the free cable channel they have to do a PC show and heklp poeple with virus protection or photoshop. But now That I posted my idea I am sure WOAI or KSAT will find someone and steal another idea like they did with the late night shows I was going to host with Bigzax and how it all of a sudden apeared on my TV a few weeks after I posted the idea here at ST.

That is why I stop doing Open Mike shows I got tired of supplying all the local comics with new material.And having them sell my shit to Carlos Mancias. I did that Mexican chopper bit a year and half before his ass used it.

Anyway the photoshop class is about to start up again soon so maybe you can teach others what you have learned.

Re-Animator
02-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I do know one thing Slomo must be one busy Russian. He has not changed the graphics in the NBA forum and has stop giving any advise on photoshop.

kingsfan
02-24-2008, 07:32 PM
I know my computer is fucked up but I'm having more problems. I turned it off this morning and it restarted, I didn't think much about it until I just tried to openf irefox, all my open tabs were gone, most of my bookmarks and the special bookmarks on the toolbar are missing too. My themes and add-ons won't work either :pctoss . Can someone help me get it to work right please? I'm using IE and I hate it.

Tenacious D
02-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Click on this and tell me how many Errors you get.

http://www.regcure.com/lp/11/?uid=8iu2

kingsfan
02-25-2008, 01:57 AM
1409 :depressed

Re-Animator
02-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Do a system restore to the year 1986 :lmao

Steve Perry
02-25-2008, 02:26 AM
I will fix it for free if you pay for the shipping.

210 561-9941

phyzik
02-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I still have a working Tandy and an Amiga in my garage :oops