PDA

View Full Version : OKC Breaking out local 'heros' for Sonics

MajorMike
02-17-2008, 01:52 PM
I got this email from Josh Fields

http://static.newsok.biz/article/20080216/3205151/spart-fields1stj7.jpg_02-16-2008_466E8OO.jpg

A Unique Opportunity Awaits

By Josh Fields

As a native Oklahoman, I built the foundation of my professional sports career in the Sooner State. I had the privilege of playing baseball and football for Oklahoma State University, and I can honestly say that the passion and support of Oklahoma sports fans rivals that of anywhere else in the country.

My love for my home state is what brings me back here to live in the off-season, and my belief in the opportunities that lie ahead are what will keep me coming back in the future. Oklahoma City's ability to attract a major professional sports team is one of these opportunities.

Growing up in this state, I dreamed of becoming a pro athlete. I dreamed of playing in the biggest cities, in front of the biggest crowds. Through much hard work and commitment, I have been fortunate enough to realize my dreams, and today I play for the Chicago White Sox. Now Oklahoma City could join the likes of Chicago, New York City and Los Angeles as a big league city. But it's not going to happen without your commitment, which is why I urge you to vote yes on March 4.

I believe that improving the Ford Center and attracting an NBA team will be a tremendous asset, not just for Oklahoma City, but the entire state. By raising the profile of Oklahoma City, a pro team also raises the profile of our state. And it would give all of Oklahoma's passionate fans an exciting franchise to rally behind.

It's time for Oklahoma City to get called up to the big leagues. We have a unique opportunity in front of us that we cannot let pass by. I urge you to support this proposal and vote yes on March 4.
Fields plays third base for the Chicago White Sox.