PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS TOPIC: I Need Some Advice. Please.

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I don't even know where to start. You see, when I met my boyfriend he is this super workaholic guy. Up until now, he is. I don't get why I always have to compete with his work to get his attention. Even if we're together, he often takes phone calls for work even until late in the evening.

I also can't understand why whenever he talks to his employees, he is so enthusiastic but when it's me he's talking to, I just think there's some severe lack of enthusiasm in his voice.

I can't help but feel very jealous of his work. He talks to his work partners and employees with glee and even if we're together, I know it's all he's thinking about. When we walk in the mall, he always seems to be in deep thought, and I ask him what he's thinking about, he doesn't answer. I know it's work. It's always about work.

I just feel jealous because I know that I can never be as special to him as his work.

I feel like a prisoner right now. I can't dump him. I know I can't. I love him too much for me to do that, but I don't know how long I can put up with this.

He keeps telling me not to put him in a position wherein he'd have choose between his work and me, but you see, that's the thing I'm most afraid of. I know the answer. And it's not me.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't really see what you can do in this situation besides hope that he realizes he should be paying more attention to you.
What kind of work does he do that he's that much interested in?

Trainwreck2100
02-17-2008, 08:22 PM
wait a minute, you're a chick?

Flight3107
02-17-2008, 08:23 PM
wait a minute, you're a chick?

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't really see what you can do in this situation besides hope that he realizes he should be paying more attention to you.
What kind of work does he do that he's that much interested in?

Advertising. He owns a company.

How can I make him realize that?

SAtown
02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
If getting attention from your boyfriend is the at the top of your worries, then you must have a nice life.

I don't even know where to start. You see, when I met my boyfriend he is this super workaholic guy. Up until now, he is. I don't get why I always have to compete with his work to get his attention. Even if we're together, he often takes phone calls for work even until late in the evening.

I also can't understand why whenever he talks to his employees, he is so enthusiastic but when it's me he's talking to, I just think there's some severe lack of enthusiasm in his voice.

I can't help but feel very jealous of his work. He talks to his work partners and employees with glee and even if we're together, I know it's all he's thinking about. When we walk in the mall, he always seems to be in deep thought, and I ask him what he's thinking about, he doesn't answer. I know it's work. It's always about work.

I just feel jealous because I know that I can never be as special to him as his work.

I feel like a prisoner right now. I can't dump him. I know I can't. I love him too much for me to do that, but I don't know how long I can put up with this.

He keeps telling me not to put him in a position wherein he'd have choose between his work and me, but you see, that's the thing I'm most afraid of. I know the answer. And it's not me.

Bail.

If his priorities are that far out of whack you don't need the aggravation.

T Park
have a "talk"

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Advertising. He owns a company.

How can I make him realize that?

have a "talk"

I agree. That's pretty much the only thing you can do.

TheTruth
02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Just talk to him, and see if things change. If they don't, then you aren't in the right relationship.

Fillmoe
02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
suck his dick.... cook him breakfast..... let him be....

T Park
02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
You gotta tell him how you feel and ask him how he feels and lay it out.

Thats about all you can do

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 08:34 PM
I already did that. I just think it's very unfair.

Flight3107
02-17-2008, 08:46 PM
"Suck his dick, play with his balls, fix him a sandwich, and dont talk so much."

-Dave Chappelle

Mister Sinister
02-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Just talk to him, and see if things change. If they don't, then you aren't in the right relationship.
+1. This is exactly what I told a friend of mine about his ex-boyfriend.

Trainwreck2100
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Well since i don't know your gender, if you're female it's time to reevaluate what you two want in this relationship. Try to find the reason for the breakdown in communication, if you can't isolate and the problems still arise. You may have to make a decision to end it, it will hurt but in the end it will be for the best. And if you're a dude,(not that there is anything wrong with that) i don't give a shit

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2008, 08:58 PM
htf can you complain if your usin his money?

fokn hoes

J.T.
02-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Go out with Trainwreck instead.

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 09:01 PM
htf can you complain if your usin his money?

fokn hoes

I'm not using his money. I have my own. And no, I'm not a hoe.

Fillmoe
02-17-2008, 09:05 PM
+1. This is exactly what I told a friend of mine about his ex-boyfriend.

was that before or after you sucked his cock?

Trainwreck2100
02-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm not using his money.

If you're playin second fiddle to his bros, you should be

Mister Sinister
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
was that before or after you sucked his cock?
Neither. I have this aversion to incest that you obviously lack.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Wait, you met someone who you knew was a workaholic and now you're wondering why he's putting work above you?

Is this paint by numbers or is it just me?

CuckingFunt
02-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Wait, you met someone who you knew was a workaholic and now you're wondering why he's putting work above you?

Is this paint by numbers or is it just me?Not just you.

It sucks that his priorities aren't such that you're at the top of that list, but it's also not fair for you to expect him to be someone he wasn't when you met.

SequSpur
02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Go out with Tpark. He will buy you steak and you can't get free rides at the carnival.

Bonus!

katyon6th
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
So, you knew he was a workaholic going into the relationship - what's the problem now? Is it worse? Has his attitude towards you changed? I don't get it.

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 09:41 PM
So, you knew he was a workaholic going into the relationship - what's the problem now? Is it worse? Has his attitude towards you changed? I don't get it.

Yes. It's getting worse everyday. I don't know what's happening to myself right now. I stop in the middle of everything I do, then I cry. I don't want to, but I do.

katyon6th
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Yes. It's getting worse everyday. I don't know what's happening to myself right now. I stop in the middle of everything I do, then I cry. I don't want to, but I do.

You just need to get out of the relationship, look what it's doing to you. You can't change him. And it's unfair for you to ask him to change considering you got into the relationship knowing how devoted he was to his business. He's a business owner. In advertising, no less. I'm not saying that gives him an out to treat you this way but as sad as it is to say, you got yourself into this.

How long have you two been together?

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
One and a half years.

Mister Sinister
02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
One and a half years.
And is this something that's happened before, then goes away for a while, or do you feel it's just been building up over the year and a half?

marini martini
02-17-2008, 10:00 PM
suck his dick.... cook him breakfast..... let him be...& and let him know he is the best thing since slice bread, that you can not live without.

That ought to do it. 28 & counting for me, :toast

P.S. Enjoy that money, sweetipie :lol

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 10:01 PM
And is this something that's happened before, then goes away for a while, or do you feel it's just been building up over the year and a half?

It's the former.

Mister Sinister
02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
It's the former.
Hmm...have you talked to him about it in the past at any great length?

exstatic
02-17-2008, 10:07 PM
It's the former.
One of life's lessons: you can't change people to be what you want them to be. He sounds like he's either becoming a worse work-a-holic, or he's trying to tell you something without telling you in words. I think he's made his choice, and now you have one to make.

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Yep, and we can't seem to find a compromise. All I ask of him is some time together, without nuances like phone calls and e-mails.

marini martini
02-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Yep, and we can't seem to find a compromise. All I ask of him is some time together, without nuances like phone calls and e-mails.

Does he enjoy intamacy??????????

Shelly
02-17-2008, 10:11 PM
http://hes-just-not-that-into-you.com/hes-just-not-that-into-you-no-excuses.jpg

Maybe you should check out this book?

Shelly
02-17-2008, 10:12 PM
One of life's lessons: you can't change people to be what you want them to be.

No truer words have been spoken. Once I figured that out, my husband, then boyfriend, and I got along a lot better.

Mister Sinister
02-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah...I'm getting the "he's just not that into you" impression as well, now. Maybe it's time to start looking for somebody else?

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah Supreme, you can't change a workaholic into a person that relaxes.

Its in the genes, he either is or he isn't.

Twisted_Dawg
02-17-2008, 10:22 PM
have a "talk"

Men just LOVE it when their woman looks at them and says in a real serious voice..."We need to have a talk."

Try that and see how he handles it.

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't know will survive this relationship break. Damn.

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:26 PM
If he rolls his eyes and pouts a fit then tell him its over with.

if hes not mature enough to talk and have a conversation hes not worth your time.

Saddam's Ghost
02-17-2008, 10:39 PM
I stop in the middle of everything I do, then I cry. I don't want to, but I do.

Oh. My. Allah.

That is so funny and wrong I had to log into a troll and laugh.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Fillmoe
02-17-2008, 10:44 PM
colllllllllllllllllllllllllllld bloooded.....

Condemned 2 HelLA
02-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Tell him that you want him to smudge your fudge.
That'll get his attention.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-17-2008, 11:00 PM
girls are so lame its hilarious

td4mvp21
02-17-2008, 11:03 PM
girls are so lame its hilarious

Isn't Supreme_Being a guy?

2centsworth
02-17-2008, 11:13 PM
from a workaholic who's married. My drive to succeed is in being able to provide for my wife and kids. If he's not driven at work for your happiness and enjoyment, and then you're not the one for him and he's not the one for you. With that my wife gives me a lot of flexibility, but I make sure not to neglect her in return.

good luck

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Bail.

If his priorities are that far out of whack you don't need the aggravation.

:tu

You say you "love him too much to leave him", but he loves his work more than you!

His priorities are WAAAAAAAY out of whack IMHO - sounds like he lives to work, not works to live.

It's great that he has a job he loves, but if that constantly obscures his love for you, why are you still with him?

missmyzte
02-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Count me as a workaholic, I'm available to my boss and the guys I work with 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone calls, text messages, e-mails - everything. It's just who I am and when I'm in a relationship with someone, they know that about me up front. Don't try to change me. If this guy is a workaholic, then that's just who he is, it doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't care about you or that you're not a priority in his life. Make the most of the time you do get together and don't nag him to where he feels trapped between trying to make a decision between the two of you. If you can't do that, then you should get out of the relationship.

Shelly
02-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Sheyit...I don't mind when my husband goes into work on Saturdays to catch up on stuff. Gives him less of a chance to annoy me :lol

I keed, I keed.

But seriously, we are in business for ourselves also and when you own your own business you gotta put the hours it for it to succeed.

Supreme_Being
02-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks for everything, everyone. I appreciate it, really.

marini martini
02-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks for everything, everyone. I appreciate it, really.

If he turns the phone off during love making, BINGO, Then you've got a chance :toast

Louie Vega
02-18-2008, 12:11 AM
suck his dick.... cook him breakfast..... let him be....

Bingo!!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!!!

marini martini
02-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Bingo!!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!!!

See post #28, this troll is on to something!

mrsmaalox
02-18-2008, 12:52 AM
You knew he was a workaholic when you got involved with him. He has not changed. You have apparently accepted what he is for up to 1.5 years, but don't want to anymore. You have changed. Really if you have told him how you feel and he hasn't at least said he'll try to improve, you aren't gonna get anywhere. He just doesn't feel like you do. Not much you can do but move on.

P.S.You're better off alone than with someone who isn't into you enough to at least try to make your life a little happier.

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 01:05 AM
You knew he was a workaholic when you got involved with him. He has not changed. You have apparently accepted what he is for up to 1.5 years, but don't want to anymore. You have changed. Really if you have told him how you feel and he hasn't at least said he'll try to improve, you aren't gonna get anywhere. He just doesn't feel like you do. Not much you can do but move on.

P.S.You're better off alone than with someone who isn't into you enough to at least try to make your life a little happier.

He told me that things won't change within the next 5 to 10 years or so.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2008, 01:07 AM
so you if you need a backup sex partner, you know where to find the trolls right?

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 01:07 AM
And that shit hurts a lot. Considering that relationships should be at least get more 'serious' year by year.

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 01:08 AM
I don't need a backup sex partner. I don't need sex. I need him to be more sensitive. That's what I need.

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm probably wrong about the 'I don't need sex' part.

Jekka
02-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Sheyit...I don't mind when my husband goes into work on Saturdays to catch up on stuff. Gives him less of a chance to annoy me :lol

I keed, I keed.

But seriously, we are in business for ourselves also and when you own your own business you gotta put the hours it for it to succeed.
:lol

In all seriousness, though, if you don't like having lots of time to yourself then don't date a workaholic. I don't really require a lot of maintenance, but I do like for Manny to be totally present when he's with me, and he knows that. We're not together 24/7, but the time spent together is quality time. If you don't even feel like you're getting that, and "We need to talk" hasn't worked, then you need to do some personal evaluation and make a decision.

He told me that things won't change within the next 5 to 10 years or so.

Yeah, he sounds like he's pretty much telling you to either suck it up or break up with him.

MannyIsGod
02-18-2008, 01:18 AM

You say you "love him too much to leave him", but he loves his work more than you!

His priorities are WAAAAAAAY out of whack IMHO - sounds like he lives to work, not works to live.

It's great that he has a job he loves, but if that constantly obscures his love for you, why are you still with him? Dude wtf? You know nothing about this guy but you're calling his priorities out of whack?

Anyway, I hate these threads because you get a one sided view on shit and you get clowns trying to tell you how one person is wrong and how you should fix it or how you should dump him.

LOSE THE ZERO AND GET WITH THE HERO AMIRITE????????

Shelly made the best post in here. You can't change people. Any person you enter into a relationship with is who they are and just because you love them doesn't mean that the relationship HAS to work in the end. In the end you may find that you both want different things and expect different things out of a relationship and even though you've formed a bond it isn't what you want.

ORRRR maybe you make concessions to keep the love that you have. Either way, don't expect him to change. You know what kind of person you're involved with and either you're willing to accept what you're getting out of it to keep the love you have or you don't.

You know what you want, suck it up and make the tough decision one way or another.

MannyIsGod
02-18-2008, 01:20 AM
LOL

You know tyou're dating the right person when you give the same advice.

MannyIsGod
02-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Shelly Jess and I have been watching Big Love lately and we'd like for you to join us in following the princple.

iminlakerland
02-18-2008, 01:39 AM
A few years ago i found myself in a relationship where he graduated from school, and all of his time was devoted to work. As much as i loved him, it was clear after a talk that work was number one priority. That he was trying to establish such and such goal by such and such age.

I stuck around for a while, but it takes a toll on someone. It strains a relationship, and it seriously isnt healthy for either of you. My advice is if you know hes not going to change, and hes made that clear. Leave the situation. It will be painful for a while, but you will get over it over time.

My two cents.

mikejones99
02-18-2008, 02:28 AM
get xtra friends for when he is too busy for yer ass. mens have to work too much so they can affod hotter chicks

FlyHigh07
02-18-2008, 02:54 AM
It's not a chick you people. Supreme is a gay man with a boyfriend. :rolleyes

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 03:11 AM
I

IceColdBrewski
02-18-2008, 04:20 AM
Pack your shit and head for the nearest exit.

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Pack your shit and head for the nearest exit.

Most ignorant post ever.

polandprzem
02-18-2008, 06:11 AM
You can't force anybody to do anything.

Fat Bones
02-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Have you tried Paxil and/or a hobby?

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 08:56 AM
We're a lot better now. I think it doesn't matter how much he loves his work. As long as he allows me to love him, that's enough for me.

CosmicCowboy
02-18-2008, 09:11 AM
For every woman that wishes her husband didn't work/think about work so much there are ten that wish their lazy husband would get off his ass and go make them a good living.

Shelly
02-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Shelly Jess and I have been watching Big Love lately and we'd like for you to join us in following the princple.

:lol Great show! Except it's been so long since the season finale, I don't even remember where it left off.

CC--true dat!

katyon6th
02-18-2008, 09:18 AM
We're a lot better now. I think it doesn't matter how much he loves his work. As long as he allows me to love him, that's enough for me.

Wow. And all it took was you starting this thread.

Spurstalk saves relationships.

Shelly
02-18-2008, 09:24 AM

What?!? Nothing has changed. Obviously, it ISN'T enough for you or you wouldn't have made this thread. Don't kid yourself.

King
02-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Isn't the problem with the reciprocation of said love? Sounds like 'as long as he allows me to love him...' can be substituted for 'as long as i blindly continue on the same path that made me start this post in the first place...'

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:02 AM
What?!? Nothing has changed. Obviously, it ISN'T enough for you or you wouldn't have made this thread. Don't kid yourself.

I know. But I'm gonna have to make do with it. As many said I can't change him. I never can. All I can do is hope for the best.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 10:12 AM
I know. But I'm gonna have to make do with it. As many said I can't change him. I never can. All I can do is hope for the best.That sucks. One day you're going to get tired of "hoping for the best" and it'll hit you how unhappy you really are.

exstatic
02-18-2008, 10:18 AM
http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/258509_front200.jpg

If you're willing to "settle", then that's all the happiness you deserve, and you've become what's in the picture above.

Dare to not live a fear-based existence. That advice doesn't just apply to relationships.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 10:20 AM
He's cheating on you.

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:21 AM
That sucks. One day you're going to get tired of "hoping for the best" and it'll hit you how unhappy you really are.

Only time can tell. What do you know? Maybe 'the best' could happen? I'd take my chances.

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:22 AM
He's cheating on you.

No.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Only time can tell. What do you know? Maybe 'the best' could happen? I'd take my chances.True but you also have to be realistic and know that he's been like this, according to you, for the longest time being a workaholic. Kind of hard to make people change, no matter how much you love them.

Anyway it's all been said already. Either accept him for who he is or move on to find that missing part that you seem to long for.

You need to take a step back and think for a bit. What would you tell someone in your position?

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
True but you also have to be realistic and know that he's been like this, according to you, for the longest time being a workaholic. Kind of hard to make people change, no matter how much you love them.

Anyway it's all been said already. Either accept him for who he is or move on to find that missing part that you seem to long for.

Yep. I'm gonna have to go with the former. I'd learn to live and shut up eventually.

exstatic
02-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Only time can tell. What do you know? Maybe 'the best' could happen? I'd take my chances.
And what would "The best" be? What's that target or bullseye?

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 10:30 AM
No.

Yes.

He's banging his secretary.

She probably looks like the long necked chick from the Orbitz commercial that calls the other chick a "lint licker".

I love that commercial.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Yep. I'm gonna have to go with the former. I'd learn to live and shut up eventually.I don't really know your situation but this is what I'll say.

Don't be blinded by love. That shit will get you in trouble in the future sooner or later if you're unhappy now. It'll just keep repeating over and over if you're not careful even though you've come to "accept" it. You may think you've accepted it but you also may have subconsciously surpressed it. That stuff will start seeping out during fights and sooner or later, boom, it all comes out again. Friendly advice. :p:

Anyway I'm not saying to break up with him. This is really up to you now how you'll approach this and you say you'll accept it so good luck. :toast

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:32 AM
And what would "The best" be? What's that target or bullseye?

Honestly, I don't know. I seem to have lost perspective.

2centsworth
02-18-2008, 10:32 AM
success in the bed goes a long way.

Jekka
02-18-2008, 10:33 AM
You do realize that you're not living in a Hollywood romantic comedy, correct?

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I say, take your frustrations out by cheating on him with a ST poster.

Call me.

NASpurs
Honestly, I don't know. I seem to have lost perspective.Relationships and love need some kind of comprise. If one party gives while the other takes, the first party is going to be really unhappy and you don't want to be unhappy.

Supreme_Being
I don't really know your situation but this is what I'll say.

Don't be blinded by love. That shit will get you in trouble in the future sooner or later if you're unhappy now. It'll just keep repeating over and over if you're not careful even though you've come to "accept" it. You may think you've accepted it but you also may have subconsciously surpressed it. That stuff will start seeping out during fights and sooner or later, boom, it all comes out again. Friendly advice. :p:

Anyway I'm not saying to break up with him. This is really up to you now how you'll approach this and you say you'll accept it so good luck. :toast

Touche.

But how can I not be blinded by love? It hurts me, yes. But it also makes me very happy at the same time.

CuckingFunt
Yes.

He's banging his secretary.

She probably looks like the long necked chick from the Orbitz commercial that calls the other chick a "lint licker".

I love that commercial.I don't think he's banging a female secretary.

Does no one pay attention to anything around here?

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
You do realize that you're not living in a Hollywood romantic comedy, correct?

Yes. I know that, but one can fantasize, right?

Seriously, does the word leave and love mix?

exstatic
02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
I don't think he's banging a female secretary.

Does no one pay attention to anything around here?
I was chuckling...right up to the part where pee-wee propositioned a gay male. Then I LOLed. :lmao

CuckingFunt
02-18-2008, 10:38 AM
I was chuckling...right up to the part where pee-wee propositioned a gay male. Then I LOLed. :lmaoDitto.

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Ditto.

Can you fuck off just one bit?

Heath Ledger
02-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Okay heres what you do, take about 50 Ambien, about 20 Vicodin, some Oxycodone and wash it down with a fifth of vodka. When you pass on we can hook up.

You know i can lick my own eyelids.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I was chuckling...right up to the part where pee-wee propositioned a gay male. Then I LOLed. :lmao

:lol :lol :lol

I'm confused.

I don't even know whose a chick or not.

NASpurs
Touche.

But how can I not be blinded by love? It hurts me, yes. But it also makes me very happy at the same time.I think there's a difference between an emotional attachment and love. Where do you think you fall?

exstatic
Can you fuck off just one bit?
We're not laughing at you. We're laughing at peewee's inability to follow this thread.

CuckingFunt
02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Can you fuck off just one bit?You started a thread asking for advice and, rather than making fun of and/or dismissing you completely, a lot of people offered you some very good suggestions. Your response has been to ignore all of the advice you asked for in favor of living in a fantasy world where your fucked up relationship will magically get better.

It's clear that you're not taking any of this seriously, so why the fuck should I?

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 10:45 AM
It's clear that you're not taking any of this seriously, so why the fuck should I?

You started a thread asking for advice and, rather than making fun of and/or dismissing you completely, a lot of people offered you some very good suggestions. Your response has been to ignore all of the advice you asked for in favor of living in a fantasy world where your fucked up relationship will magically get better.Worded kind of harshly but you do have a point.

Heath Ledger
02-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Ill say it again.

Okay heres what you do, take about 50 Ambien, about 20 Vicodin, some Oxycodone and wash it down with a fifth of vodka. When you pass on we can hook up.

You know i can lick my own eyelids Problem solved..

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 10:47 AM
We're not laughing at you. We're laughing at peewee's inability to follow this thread.

My ADD kicked in.

So, who's the chick?

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:47 AM

You started a thread asking for advice and, rather than making fun of and/or dismissing you completely, a lot of people offered you some very good suggestions. Your response has been to ignore all of the advice you asked for in favor of living in a fantasy world where your fucked up relationship will magically get better.

Oh yeah, here's what I'd do. I'd ignore you because it seems to me you're under-educated, and if I fight back, that makes me stoop down to your level. That's why I won't take you seriously.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 10:48 AM
So, if Funt and Supreme go at each other . . . would that be a bitch vs. bitch, or bitch vs. dick. And, if it's the latter, which one is which?

I'm confused.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh yeah, here's what I'd do. I'd ignore you because it seems to me you're under-educated, and if I fight back, that makes me stoop down to your level. That's why I won't take you seriously.

This statement does not help me determine your sex.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm confused as well. Does Supreme have a Supreme Taco or a Supreme sausage?

Well CF has been called a guy before, so it might be dick vs dick.

Heath Ledger
02-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Does it really matter? Once the lights go out? You wouldnt know the difference.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Sorry for hi-jacking this thread. Back on topic...

CuckingFunt
Oh yeah, here's what I'd do. I'd ignore you because it seems to me you're under-educated, and if I fight back, that makes me stoop down to your level. That's why I won't take you seriously.I take it back.

With that level of denial, you just may be able to make a go of it after all.

exstatic
So, if Funt and Supreme go at each other . . . would that be a bitch vs. bitch, or bitch vs. dick. And, if it's the latter, which one is which?

I'm confused.
From what I can follow on a message board, they're both same-sex oriented, but from opposite sides of the aisle. Funt is F and SB is M.

Note to self: don't tell Funt to "fuck off a little".
:lol

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
So, Supreme is a guy whose banging a guy who won't give him the time of day.

Well, then I'd say his gay lover is banging his secretary whose more than likely a woman.

He's having the best of both worlds, if such a thing can be had.

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I take it back.

With that level of denial, you just may be able to make a go of it after all.

Dufus. Oh wait. I'm supposed to be ignoring you.

Jekka
02-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Yes. I know that, but one can fantasize, right?

Seriously, does the word leave and love mix?
There is a difference between fantasizing and pretending, and it's really best to figure out which side of that you're on.

Heath Ledger
02-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Its all good Supreme i swing both ways....

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Wait... so CF isn't a fat balding guy?

CuckingFunt
Wait... so CF isn't a fat balding guy?Nope.

Supreme_Being
Wait... so CF isn't a fat balding guy?

That, I do not know. Can we just ignore him/her/it?

CuckingFunt
02-18-2008, 10:58 AM
That, I do not know. Can we just ignore him/her/it?I'm not stopping anyone.

Heath Ledger
02-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Supreme so how big is your penis? Enquiring minds want to know. And do you wear boxers or briefs? Or do you free ball?

exstatic
02-18-2008, 10:59 AM
That, I do not know. Can we just ignore him/her/it?
I think you've made that impossible. It's officially a catfight now.

Heath Ledger
02-18-2008, 10:59 AM
aww youve scared supreme being away now look what you've done..

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 11:00 AM
I think you've made that impossible. It's officially a catfight now.Or dogfight. We don't know.

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Well, if that's the case, I think it deserves a new thread.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm still confused.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm still confused.About your own sexual preference?

exstatic
02-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Well, if that's the case, I think it deserves a new thread.
Why? She didn't kill this thread, YOU did.

manufor3
02-18-2008, 11:09 AM
have a "talk"

Supreme_Being
02-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Why? She didn't kill this thread, YOU did.

What makes you think that she really is a she?

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 11:15 AM
What makes you think that she really is a she?She lives in California I think. She could be post-op for all we know.

Shelly
02-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Supreme, Why don't you think that you deserve better? He's never going to give you what you want and/or need. Sounds like you've got some self-esteem issues you need to work on and I'm not saying that to be mean.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
About your own sexual preference?

Na, I'm good with that.

I'm confused about this thread.
I still haven't been told whose a chick and whose a dick.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
She lives in California I think. She could be post-op for all we know.

Interesting point there.

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Na, I'm good with that.

I'm confused about this thread.
I still haven't been told whose a chick and whose a dick.or a chick with a dick.

It is the internet after all.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 11:28 AM
or a chick with a dick.

It is the internet after all.

Also an interesting point.

angel_luv
02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
I haven't had time yet to read the whole thread so this may have already been suggested.

But,

Is there any aspect of your partner's business that he would let you help him with?
He might be more relaxed while getting things accomplished, which might bring out more of his personality.
Also, it would give you the opportunity to both enjoy being near him and being a part of what matters to him.

exstatic
02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Supreme, Why don't you think that you deserve better? He's never going to give you what you want and/or need. Sounds like you've got some self-esteem issues you need to work on and I'm not saying that to be mean.
That's what I was thinking. Sounds like a family dynamic being re-lived and brought forward into his own life. Tough to either break out of that on your own, or find any happiness without doing so.

Kriz-Maxima
02-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Pathetic.

Im with Cucking Funt on this one.

You make a thread to whine about your situation feeling unloved, crying, trapped whatever. Obviously you are unhappy otherwise you would had not made this thread but you come here asking for advice just to completely disregard it.

He has not changed and will not change. Why would he? You give him no incentive to, he can do what he wants (work) and fuck you when he has an urge. He made it clear that he is not interested in things being different, he told you that yet you insist on believing that by some miracle he will wake up one morning and suddenly be completely different.

You want to suck it up fine but then stop complaining. Sounds to me like this is not about how much you love him but about how little you love yourself.

MannyIsGod
02-18-2008, 12:39 PM
We don't always get exactly what we want. If said love is enough for SB to make compromises then who is anyone to knock it? Who here hasn't made compromises while in love for love?

I don't know if its too much or not, and honestly I've kinda stopped caring. I don't even care if we're about to see the kid from ugly betty fight with cuckin funt.

Whatever

fuck you all.

Condemned 2 HelLA
02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Hijacking was the best thing to happen to this thread.

katyon6th
02-18-2008, 02:14 PM
It sounds to me like Manny could use a little love.

Ballcox
02-18-2008, 02:31 PM
I'll just throw this out there regarding the original point in this thread. If your significant other finds work more important than you, has his mind on work even when you're alone with him, is distracted by work on a regular basis, cannot make compromises about his work for you, gives up social activities or hobbies because of his work, appears emotionally distant because of his work, then it all leads to the possibility that he's addicted to work.

It's just like an addiction to substance use, to food, to sex. And if he can't at least compromise in some way to value time with you when away from work, that can be a big problem for a long term relationship. If you can manage to ignore it or rationalize it in some way and continue in the relationship-more power to you. Just doesn't seem like you'll be very happy in the long run.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I think I have an addiction to sex, but that doesn't explain this thread.

exstatic
02-18-2008, 03:19 PM
We don't always get exactly what we want. If said love is enough for SB to make compromises then who is anyone to knock it? Who here hasn't made compromises while in love for love?

I don't know if its too much or not, and honestly I've kinda stopped caring. I don't even care if we're about to see the kid from ugly betty fight with cuckin funt.

Whatever

fuck you all.
Fuck you. None of this was unsolicited. He asked for input, got some very good advice, and chose to ignore all of it, and continue this self-destructive relationship. I've seen you open up on people here with BOTH BARRELS for a lot less, Manny.

Richard Cranium
02-18-2008, 03:23 PM
It sounds to me like Manny could use a little love.

Maybe his problem is that he already has a "little" love.

MajicMan
02-18-2008, 05:46 PM
So is the OP a chick or a chick with a dick? I'm lost.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-18-2008, 05:48 PM

Whatever

fuck you all.

You're just too sweet to me.

Your point is a valid one. While a tough situation, this isn't about right or wrong. People's priorities are all over the board. Either you can accept his or you can't. If you ask him to change and he does, more than likely he resents you for it. If you ask him to change and he doesn't, more than likely you resent him for not doing it. If you accept him for who he is, you'll be fine, if that's what you want. If you don't want that, hit the bricks.

It's as simple or complex as you want to make it.

Welcome to the real world.

MannyIsGod
02-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't need love, I do howeve rneed more squid billys!!!

MannyIsGod
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Fuck you. None of this was unsolicited. He asked for input, got some very good advice, and chose to ignore all of it, and continue this self-destructive relationship. I've seen you open up on people here with BOTH BARRELS for a lot less, Manny.Relax. I couldn't care less if you guys gave this dude shit, and I think you should know that. I said as much in the post.

Fuck you all was my equivlant of see you later.

WTF Ex, are you knew to the MannyIsGod game?

mrsmaalox
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
So is the OP a chick or a chick with a dick? I'm lost.

I must have missed something. Who's OP? The only ones whose gender I've seen questioned are SupremeBeing and CuckingFunt.

MajicMan
02-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I must have missed something. Who's OP? The only ones whose gender I've seen questioned are SupremeBeing and CuckingFunt.
"OP" = original poster = SupremeBeing. So if SupremeBeing is gay this explains it all. Gays are overly sensitive. End of thread.

mrsmaalox
02-18-2008, 07:36 PM
"OP" = original poster = SupremeBeing. So if SupremeBeing is gay this explains it all. Gays are overly sensitive. End of thread.

:nerd ooohhhh I see...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-18-2008, 07:57 PM

"As long as he allows me to love him, that's enough for me." Wow. It's a big sacrifice to give love but not get the love you need back in return. You talked about crying for no reason before, which suggests you need something back. Good luck with that.

Manny - you had a go at me for not knowing him and calling his priorities out of whack. I see what you're getting at, but IMHO if your partner is obviously messed up by your lack of caring/attention/time/love (and he/she is TELLING you so), and you're not willing to give it because work is more important to you, then your priorities ARE out of whack. You should either give your partner what he/she needs (ie. more time/love), because you are affecting his/her life (hell, in many cases, you are the most important thing in his/her life), or if you think your work really is more important than him/her, break up with him/her. You could also argue that he/she should just leave him/her, but it seems to me that the workaholic is the one with the power in the relationship as it has been described, which complicates things.

BTW, when was the last time you said anything nice to me? The love is gone... :depressed :lol

Oh, and you basically called me out for being judgmental - why didn't you call out everyone else in this thread for the same thing? It's not like what I said was any more judgmental than most of the other views expressed...

01Snake
02-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I say, take your frustrations out by cheating on him with a ST poster.

Call me.

haha

Heath Ledger
02-22-2008, 01:07 PM
to me it sounds like this guy isn't totally into the gay thing so he keeps you at a distance while he bangs his secretary.

tlongII
02-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Is SB a pitcher? Or a catcher? Or both?

Heath Ledger
02-22-2008, 01:33 PM
does it really matter? gay is gay.