peskypesky
02-17-2008, 08:58 PM
did he injure that finger?

BonnerDynasty
02-17-2008, 08:59 PM
lol yes.

Medvedenko
02-17-2008, 09:00 PM
The finger was already injured....he just made a cameo as he's the biggest draw for the NBA and had to represent. There was no confusion and he was never going to play big minutes. Now the game is going to be a borefest.

it's me
02-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Manuuuu !!! the west needs you

BonnerDynasty
02-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Manu would have already chopped it off and Done Work Son.

it's me
02-17-2008, 09:01 PM
:lol

td4mvp21
02-17-2008, 09:14 PM
That frees up about 30 shots for everyone else.

spursfan09
02-17-2008, 09:15 PM

:lol

lefty
02-17-2008, 09:16 PM
:lol :lol

exstatic
02-17-2008, 09:18 PM
They announced that the joint ASG medical staff said he should NOT have be playing. What kind of assholes does that make the Laker med staff? And if they're being overruled, then the Laker Mgt.?

Get the surgery, Kobe.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 09:19 PM
They announced that the joint ASG medical staff said he should NOT have be playing. What kind of assholes does that make the Laker med staff? And if they're being overruled, then the Laker Mgt.?

Get the surgery, Kobe.
I think David Stern was the asshole too.

But yeah, Kobe shouldn't risk himself

picnroll
02-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Kobe gets the surgery Lakers don't make the playoffs. That wrap looks bad. They and he may be screwed ultimately anyways.

BonnerDynasty
02-17-2008, 09:28 PM

Get the surgery, Kobe.

NBA heads wouldn't allow him to skip it.

Medvedenko
02-17-2008, 09:31 PM
He's fine.....the hand was hurt a week ago.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Kobe gets the surgery Lakers don't make the playoffs. That wrap looks bad. They and he may be screwed ultimately anyways.
The injury sounds worse than the Lebron/Manu hand injuries though.

greens
02-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't get it...if he only could play 3 minutes...why couldn't the league get another player instead of Kobe who could play 20 minutes? It's a bit unfair...I know Kobe is super popular and is good for the ratings but he could have just been in attendance at the event as opposed to playing 3 minutes...

The league could have let Manu or Baron Davis or another player get his spot...

T Park
02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
He's fine.....the hand was hurt a week ago.

Keep telling yourself that.

urunobili
02-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Only 3 minutes in the game this year. :toast
he should have never played... Manu should have been there instead... you fucking know that... the guy just ripped his chances by going "not to dissapoint" he should have done what Garnett did

gmanrulz
02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
dont understand why they didnt replace him. If you cant play in the 3 point shootout you sure as hell cant play in a game.

Condemned 2 HelLA
02-17-2008, 10:45 PM
dont understand why they didnt replace him. If you cant play in the 3 point shootout you sure as hell cant play in a game.

Isn't there a rule that states that if the player is healthy enough to play in the last game before the ASB and the first game after the ASB, he must play in the ASG or get fined?
I believe I heard this on a radio show the other day.

missmyzte
02-17-2008, 11:14 PM
For those that are blaming Lakers staff and management, they all said Kobe should get the surgery and not risk further injury to his hand. It was Kobe's decision to play through the pain because the Lakers need him. Basically, if he gets the surgery then the Lakers don't make the post-season.

The reason he's not sitting out the All-Star game is also for competitive reasons. He would have had to sit out either the game before or the game after the ASG in order to get an injury pass. He wants to play though so he had to show up for the ASG.

T Park
02-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Im blaming Kobe Bryant for not being smart and getting surgery.

He could seriously damage that hand IMo.

Im not a doctor, I just play one on the internets.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 11:22 PM
It didn't work so well with Wade postponing his surgery last season to give the Heat a chance in the post-season....
It's pretty much unpredictable with the Lakers because on paper they're a good team, and might have a shot, but it's still a gamble for Kobe to take if he risks busting up that hand even more against the recommendations of his medical staff.

T Park
02-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Could Kobe concieveably do damage to other parts or the hand and or nerves in that finger if hit right because the tendon is seperated?

Question for the resident El Doctor Shoog.

DazedAndConfused
02-17-2008, 11:49 PM
That is an extreme exaggeration. There are two main sets of ligaments, and he's ruptured one of them. The other set is still in place. And of course, all the tendons, etc are still there, also offering "attachment".

The injury is far worse than the one James Worthy played with, but the support lacking due to the ruptured radial collateral ligament (the "thumb side" of the joint" is being replaced by the tape job that keeps the injured fifth digit wrapped in tandem with the fourth. In effect, the ligaments of the fourth digit are doing the job for both when it is taped up this way. A significant extension of that injury under these circumstances is extremely unlikely.

So long as he doesn't do something stupid (like play without a secure tape job) I don't think he's going to risk anything by playing on. It will hurt if it gets banged into, but it won't get injured to the point where the circulation is compromised. IMO, the circulation issue is the one of greatest concern, in the context of reinjury.

E20
02-18-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm hearing if he gets the surgery, then he will be out all season.

m33p0
02-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Isn't there a rule that states that if the player is healthy enough to play in the last game before the ASB and the first game after the ASB, he must play in the ASG or get fined?
i heard from the local broadcasters here that the reason why kobe is playing in ASG is because he wants to play for the lakers' next game. the rule as they stated is that because kobe played in the laker's last outing, if he sat out the ASG, he won't be allowed to play for their next game.

missmyzte
02-18-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm hearing if he gets the surgery, then he will be out all season.
6 weeks
Which may as well be the rest of the reason

jmard5
02-18-2008, 08:49 AM

Exactly.

In order to play for the Lakers' next game, he should play in the ASG.

SAGambler
02-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Im blaming Kobe Bryant for not being smart and getting surgery.

He could seriously damage that hand IMo.

Im not a doctor, I just play one on the internets.

Well, I think you are right. I heard a doc last week say one bad lick on that finger and he could do permanent damage.

1Parker1
02-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Well I must say, I did actually miss watching Kobe last night. With the Eastern Conference players intent on beating the West this year, the West coulda used Kobe. Woulda been fun to see Kidd and Lebron go against Chris Paul and Kobe.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Kobe should play 48 minutes a game.