PDA

View Full Version : ASG getting worse and worse every year

it's me
02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
NBA Super bowl.... yea right!!! :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 09:35 PM
:lol @ businessman Stern endorsing it as NBA superbowl equivalent

They need to make it have "homecourt advantage" incentive, because I seriously can't watch this shit, OR wait for the 2nd half.

CharlieMac
02-17-2008, 09:36 PM
The worstestest.

it's me
02-17-2008, 09:37 PM
:lol @ businessman Stern endorsing it as NBA superbowl equivalent

They need to make it have "homecourt advantage" incentive, because I seriously can't watch this shit, OR wait for the 2nd half.

They need to make up an incentive… something to win, otherwise it’s a freaking joke.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
It's just a marketing tool.

WGAF?

TheTruth
02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
The worstestest.
it's worst than the worstestest.

dirk4mvp
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
It's a million times better than the Pro Bowl.

CuckingFunt
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
it's worst than the worstestest.Worster than the worstest.

ShoogarBear
02-17-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.wurstfest.com/images1a/2006/Cover.jpg

BonnerDynasty
02-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Worsttastic.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-17-2008, 09:41 PM
http://www.wurstfest.com/images1a/2006/Cover.jpg

:lmao

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-17-2008, 09:42 PM
So bad, it's organic:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/detail/326776b.jpg

exstatic
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I lost all interest in the ASG when the young pup Kobe-ME waved off a pick that Karl Malone was trying to set for him. I remember thinking "Wow, this game has run it's course".

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2008, 09:46 PM
I think it's great all the work the players are doing in New Orleans. Painting the school, building homes etc etc.

But are they such complete pussies that they need little ponchos while it's sprinkling outside? My favorite is Wade wearing these thick ass gloves to remove tape off the walls after the paint dried....pathetic.

hater
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
boring game. I'd rather watch WNBA

CharlieMac
02-17-2008, 09:51 PM
No kidding. Im fucking bored as hell watching this game.

Howard has the personality of a rock. Did anyone else hear him on Rome the other day?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 09:52 PM
I miss the All-Star game on NBC :depressed

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2008, 09:52 PM
No kidding. Im fucking bored as hell watching this game.

Howard has the personality of a rock. Did anyone else hear him on Rome the other day?
That was one terrible boring interview with an extremely unenthusiastic Howard.

But I've heard him other times, where he's been engaging and funny as hell.

Texas_Ranger
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Boring!!!!

CuckingFunt
02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
That was one terrible boring interview with an extremely unenthusiastic Howard.

But I've heard him other times, where he's been engaging and funny as hell.Yeah, the kid cracks me up. One of the things I've always liked about him, actually.

Dex
02-17-2008, 09:57 PM
For the love of God, somebody mention the word worse in this thread so this guy doesn't go through the rest of life continually pwning himself.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
For the love of God, somebody mention the word worse in this thread so this guy doesn't go through the rest of life continually pwning himself.

Maybe he has a lisp

lefty
02-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks God for that wonderful Saturday (Spurs, Kapono and Howard)

urunobili
02-17-2008, 10:00 PM
timee doesn't seem to be having fun at all

CuckingFunt
02-17-2008, 10:02 PM
For the love of God, somebody mention the word worse in this thread so this guy doesn't go through the rest of life continually pwning himself.Fine. Ruin everyone's fun.

endrity
I like the jazz being played. Very refreshing, and while the NBA is known for being a hip hop culture league, for some reason the jazz music doesn't seem out of place (like country in Denver). Even the players were really into it during the pre game presentations.

it's me

hater
they should just call it a game. no point playing 2nd half

urunobili
02-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I like the jazz being played. Very refreshing, and while the NBA is known for being a hip hop culture league, for some reason the jazz music doesn't seem out of place (like country in Denver). Even the players were really into it during the pre game presentations.
:tu

Dex
02-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Fine. Ruin everyone's fun.

:lol I just don't want Spurstalk to catch flack when they use worstasticer in their final thesis.

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2008, 10:04 PM
ugghhh...

It's been killing my ears.

Give me the Hip Hop anyday over this.

Give me the weak Tom Petty performance from the SuperBowl over this.

At least the Denver All Star games had the 'small person' dancing around for comedy's sake!

Russ
02-17-2008, 10:05 PM
20 years ago the All-Star game was looked forward to. People played hard, tried to win for their "conference."

Now it's just a pick-up game with fancy uniforms on the best players in the league. Soon it may go the way of the Pro Bowl.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I think it's great all the work the players are doing in New Orleans. Painting the school, building homes etc etc.

But are they such complete pussies that they need little ponchos while it's sprinkling outside? My favorite is Wade wearing these thick ass gloves to remove tape off the walls after the paint dried....pathetic.

Yeah, better not to use safety gear and protect your hands, especially if you make a living using them... you've obviously not cut your hands or gotten splints from dried paint on wood before.

As for the ponchos, a little lame but the organisers would've been criticised if they didn't provide them, and if you have the choice of being wet or dry, which would you choose?

What is far more pathetic is that the richest and most advanced nation on the earth still hasn't rebuilt the city or provided for thousands of its citizens three years after a natural disaster. If Katrina had hit Miami, would it still be in ruins?

hater
02-17-2008, 10:07 PM
AI is sucking the worst

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:08 PM
What is far more pathetic is that the richest and most advanced nation on the earth still hasn't rebuilt the city or provided for thousands of its citizens three years after a natural disaster. If Katrina had hit Miami, would it still be in ruins?

Probobly.

But Miami isn't below sea level and isn't a lost cause.

New Orleans isn't worth the effort.

hater
02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Jazz is good as background music or when you are on the elevator or when you are drunk as hell. It's no music for a halftime show. What a snoozer

SouthernFried
02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Iverson is single handidly destroying the West. "Worst" all-star performance I've ever seen from anyone.

it's me
02-17-2008, 10:10 PM
AI is sucking the worst

And what about Melo??? they both are trying to be the show... and being exposed

:lmao @ them

endrity
02-17-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't know, I liked the jazz.

Both Nuggets are horrible, bad passing, Melo going one one one for the last minute. Dumb voters, is that what you really wanna see.

Plus the east is playing real D, for this game at least. The west has to pick it up, it seems to me like the East really came to win after last year's embarassment.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Probobly.

But Miami isn't below sea level and isn't a lost cause.

New Orleans isn't worth the effort.

So, why rebuild any of it? Don't want a city there, properly repatriate the population elsewhere and zone it off limits to building. I used Miami as an example because it is more prosperous and "white" (I realise that it also has a large Latino population). I would have said Boston or LA, but they are not in cyclone zones.

The point I was making is that 3 years after Katrina the richest nation on earth still hasn't properly addressed the needs of affected citizens. That is shocking and shows a skewing of priorities that should be disturbing to all Americans.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Jazz is good as background music or when you are on the elevator or when you are drunk as hell. It's no music for a halftime show. What a snoozer
I think the whole New Orleans thing is pretty cool for this year...

I'd rather BE in New Orleans to sit and watch those Jazz performances with liquor and food.

polandprzem
02-17-2008, 10:18 PM
america sucks

it's me
02-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't know, I liked the jazz.

Both Nuggets are horrible, bad passing, Melo going one one one for the last minute. Dumb voters, is that what you really wanna see.

Plus the east is playing real D, for this game at least. The west has to pick it up, it seems to me like the East really came to win after last year's embarassment.

How come the starters (except Melo and AI of course) are playing fewer minutes than the bench so far? TD 7 min @ half :rolleyes

resistanze
02-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Lmao @ Td.

TDfan2007
02-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Tim blows the stuff. You can tell he really doesn't want to be out there...

txstr1986
02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
So, why rebuild any of it? Don't want a city there, properly repatriate the population elsewhere and zone it off limits to building. I used Miami as an example because it is more prosperous and "white" (I realise that it also has a large Latino population). I would have said Boston or LA, but they are not in cyclone zones.

The point I was making is that 3 years after Katrina the richest nation on earth still hasn't properly addressed the needs of affected citizens. That is shocking and shows a skewing of priorities that should be disturbing to all Americans.

Stop being an idiot, race has nothing to do with it. "Never suppose a conspiracy if incompetence is a possibility"

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 10:24 PM
america sucks
it has a lot more to do with human nature
the rich have been ignoring the poor forever.

Warlord23
02-17-2008, 10:25 PM
This game has been one of the most embarrassing and pathetic in recent memory. They were showing past ASGs on ESPN Classic today, and the 90s ASGs were way better in terms of the players' seriousness. These guys are blowing dunks and throwing wild passes like there's no tomorrow.

Extra Stout
02-17-2008, 10:25 PM

The USA cannot simultaneously fix Louisiana's problems and allow them to keep self-rule. The dysfunction runs deep there.

endrity
02-17-2008, 10:26 PM
MJ had a lot to do with those games being serious, he came to win.

TDfan2007
02-17-2008, 10:28 PM
These games aren't serious anymore because these players don't give a shit. At least the older ones don't.

hater
02-17-2008, 10:30 PM
also back then the NBA allstars looked like men. Today they all look like kids.

BonnerDynasty
02-17-2008, 10:34 PM

You do realize the "Rich" are your "Government" right? Last time I checked they make a nice $$$$ and actually have the power to change things....

Maybe the poor should quit relying on the government to help them every second and dig themselves out of that shithole.

With all those idiots in Washington and all that money, those idiots should be able to rebuild the city though. Just something else to dump money into.

I'm getting tired of NO being pimped out during every Sports event. It was worse enough in the NFL after a while. Everyone has shitty problems in their lives. I don't need to feel sympathy for NO every time I watch Sports imo.

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:38 PM

So its my responsibility to give someone money because they have less money than me? Just curious.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Maybe the poor should quit relying on the government to help them every second and dig themselves out of that shithole.

With all those idiots in Washington and all that money, those idiots should be able to rebuild the city though. Just something else to dump money into.

I'm getting tired of NO being pimped out during every Sports events. It was worse enough in the NFL after a while.
I don't like it either, especially the SOB stories...hearing random crap about how certain celebrities throw money at a problem (like Brad Pitt)and expect props from it.

there's a fakeness to it, trying to guilt people into it. It's really the local government thing, leave the publicity shit to people who are offering solutions none of this "shame on you" shit from Basketball ex-players.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 10:40 PM
So its my responsibility to give someone money because they have less money than me? Just curious.
I wasn't saying that, my response was addressed to Polandprenz that he shouldn't single out America for a problem that has less to do with the nation itself and its government problems and more to do with the way the money that HAS been contributed has been slow to meet the needs of rebuilding the poorest parts

and its not UNIQUE to our government

MajicMan
02-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Kobe would have made this game competitive.

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:43 PM
I wasn't saying that, my response was addressed to Polandprenz that he shouldn't single out America for a problem that has less to do with the nation itself and its government problems and more to do with the way the money that HAS been contributed has been slow to meet the needs of rebuilding the poorest parts

and its not UNIQUE to our government

Very true. Theres been LOTS of money distributed there, the government agencies of NO have screwed it up.

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I don't like it either, especially the SOB stories...hearing random crap about how certain celebrities throw money at a problem (like Brad Pitt)and expect props from it.

there's a fakeness to it, trying to guilt people into it. It's really the local government thing, leave the publicity shit to people who are offering solutions none of this "shame on you" shit from Basketball ex-players.

Im tired of hearing how evil I am cause Im not donating every cent I own to every single person that lives there.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Very true. Theres been LOTS of money distributed there, the government agencies of NO have screwed it up.
yeah, I was just responding to the "America sucks" thing,
it seems more like a government incentive problem (with Rich & Poor) than it is an American thing. I think our citizens cared a lot about the Katrina situation.

But I didn't want to get into it, so I made a too general statement.

it's me
02-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Kobe would have made this game competitive.

I disagree; nothing can make it more competitive, just because there’s nothing to compete for…

kingsfan
02-17-2008, 10:50 PM
They keep saying it's supposed to be fun, I'm trying to figure out for who.I'm bored as hell and the players don't look any more thrilled than I am. As long as it's not a blowout, they don't care who wins.

MajicMan
02-17-2008, 10:53 PM
I disagree; nothing can make it more competitive, just because there’s nothing to compete for…
Pride and yes he would have made the game more competitive. There's also financial incentive. Winners get like 20k each I think.

hater
02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
actually take it back, this game is getting good

Byron Scott is a great coach

it's me
02-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Pride and yes he would have made the game more competitive. There's also financial incentive. Winners get like 20k each I think.

Links??

dirk4mvp
actually take it back, this game is getting good

Byron Scott is a great coach

I agree. Dirk hit that turnaround 3 and this game got good real quick. The West has a sick lineup on the court right now with Duncan, Dirk, Amare, CP3, and Roy.

T Park
yeah, I was just responding to the "America sucks" thing,
it seems more like a government incentive problem (with Rich & Poor) than it is an American thing. I think our citizens cared a lot about the Katrina situation.

But I didn't want to get into it, so I made a too general statement.

Thank you for defending america against the haters.

MajicMan
02-17-2008, 10:57 PM
CP3 with the defense haha

kingsfan
:lol @ the airball

T Park
Keep it up Byron, play the crap out of Stoudamire and Nowitzki :lol

hater
Byron's lineups in the 4th are damn good

I'm glad AI and Melo are sitting

dirk4mvp
02-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Keep it up Byron, play the crap out of Stoudamire and Nowitzki :lol

Duncan's old bones are gonna get worn out too :lol

kingsfan
02-17-2008, 10:58 PM
CP3 with the defense hahaMVP :hungry:

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-17-2008, 11:00 PM
:lol Steve Nash pulling a Pop on Sager.
Oh well he deserves it. Like the 7th consecutive terrible suit.

it's me
02-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Byron's lineups in the 4th are damn good

I'm glad AI and Melo are sitting

The west playing better, AI and Melo sitting..Coincidence??? hell no :lol

MajicMan
02-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Dirk choking like usual

hater
02-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Dirk choking even in allstar game

MajicMan
02-17-2008, 11:05 PM
fucken ray allen..i hate this smug bitch

san antonio spurs
02-17-2008, 11:09 PM
4 down in AS :lol

MajicMan
02-17-2008, 11:10 PM
dirk is dumb bitch

MajicMan
02-17-2008, 11:11 PM
ray allen flopping ..pussy

MajicMan
02-17-2008, 11:12 PM
die dirk

Flo-Rida
Dirk got his shit stuffed

san antonio spurs
dirk is anticlutch :lol

Warlord23
02-17-2008, 11:13 PM
If they'd kept Melo and Iverson's asses on the bench for the entire game the West would never have had that big a hole to dig themselves out of

angel_luv
02-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Dirk = :pctoss!

T Park
02-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Dirk Nowitzki has lost all respect

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Just to be clear, I don't think "America sucks", and that was not why I posted about NO's rebuilding.

I mentioned it because of the comment about NBA players helping with the rebuilding, and all the stories I've read about the player's reactions to people still living under freeways, etc.

It concerns me that the response to Katrina has been so slow and inadequate, and it surprises me that more Americans aren't outraged by it. What would happen if natural disaster devastated your city? You'd hope that THE NATION would respond, and that getting your community back to life would be a #1 priority for government, but that doesn't appear to have been the case in NO.

TDfan2007
Dirk had Tim wide open for a layup but jacks up a 3 only to get blocked instead...

Choking as always...

it's me
02-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Thank God no overtime

SouthernFried
02-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Started going inside to TD...but when he passed it back out, they had no clue what to do. Bad shots, turnovers...oh well, sig

ElNono
02-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Yao looks so out of place in the ASG... At least Timmy fits in if the game gets serious in the fourth. I don't understand why the Chinese even bother.

Oh, and the game was interesting until Dirk got cremated by Lebron, followed by the choke on the trey. What else is new?

MajicMan
02-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Yao looks so out of place in the ASG... At least Timmy fits in if the game gets serious in the fourth. I don't understand why the Chinese even bother.

Oh, and the game was interesting until Dirk got cremated by Lebron, followed by the choke on the trey. What else is new?
Wtf are you talking about? This is a fucken all star game. Are you saying Yao sucks? I can guarantee he doesn't. What does Yao being Chinese have to do with anything? Yi is pretty damn athletic.

Kandy is Mandy
02-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Grammatically correct version :smokin

ludda
02-17-2008, 11:46 PM
The West starters fucking sucked. Especially AI and Melo.

The best lineup was at the end with TD-Amare-Dirk-Paul-Roy who got the game close. But you can't have Dirk taking the last shots, you know he's going to get stuffed by a midget.

remingtonbo2001
02-18-2008, 12:24 AM
AI was terrible. How the hell did he get so many votes?

I figured the "gansta" voting block had grown up by now.

I would've liked to have seen Paul, Parker, Ginobili, Amare, Ducan lineup out there.

Princess Pimp
02-18-2008, 01:28 AM
What was Duncan's line?

Amuseddaysleeper
02-18-2008, 01:42 AM
What was Duncan's line?

2 for 7 fg's and 4 turnovers

Princess Pimp
02-18-2008, 01:44 AM
2 for 7 fg's and 4 turnovers

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

hsxvvd
02-18-2008, 02:52 AM
The only part of All-Star weekend I gave a shit about wasn't broadcast here in Australia, and that was the D-League All-Star game.

MannyIsGod
02-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Just to be clear, I don't think "America sucks", and that was not why I posted about NO's rebuilding.

I mentioned it because of the comment about NBA players helping with the rebuilding, and all the stories I've read about the player's reactions to people still living under freeways, etc.

It concerns me that the response to Katrina has been so slow and inadequate, and it surprises me that more Americans aren't outraged by it. What would happen if natural disaster devastated your city? You'd hope that THE NATION would respond, and that getting your community back to life would be a #1 priority for government, but that doesn't appear to have been the case in NO.WTF do you expect Matt? Look, its one thing for people there to speak out about what has happend or what has not happend, but its all too different for someone who is getting their information froman NBA PR campaign and living half a world away.

The city is not in ruins, and a lot has been done to help them but 3 years is not a lot of time to rebuild an entire city. New Orleans had a lot of problems before Katrina and it has a lot of problems now but consideirng our "rich" country is in the middle of recession you can expect the places like New Orleans to suffer the worst of that.

Either take the time to find out exactly how things are going there and exactly what has been done by the people of this nation to help that city or do not comment at all. But please keep the ignorant statements and assesments to yourself or the very least to the political forum.

Findog
02-18-2008, 04:35 AM
Giving a shit about the all-star game :lmao

You guys are actually pissed the West lost :lmao

sabar
02-18-2008, 04:55 AM

It concerns me that the response to Katrina has been so slow and inadequate, and it surprises me that more Americans aren't outraged by it. What would happen if natural disaster devastated your city? You'd hope that THE NATION would respond, and that getting your community back to life would be a #1 priority for government, but that doesn't appear to have been the case in NO.Might want to do some reading on federalism in the United States.

Long story short, Americans tend to look for the locals to fix the local stuff, not the federal government. The fine balance of state power vs federal power is a cornerstone of the country's founding. The federal government doesn't go and rebuild cities because it lies outside their domain. Unfortunately for New Orleans, their local/state government sucks and hence they have a slower rebuilding time. Either way, the city isn't in total ruin anymore.

And Dirk is a choker.

Findog
02-18-2008, 04:59 AM
And Dirk is a choker.

Interesting to hear that from a Spurs fan. Not against your team he isn't.

m33p0
02-18-2008, 05:14 AM
new orleans is an historical city founded by the french before there was even a United States of America. much of today's southern united states has been influenced by that city. you can't just dismiss it and call it a day.

that said, '87 all star game, dr j's last, by far still the best.

polandprzem
02-18-2008, 06:06 AM

It concerns me that the response to Katrina has been so slow and inadequate, and it surprises me that more Americans aren't outraged by it. What would happen if natural disaster devastated your city? You'd hope that THE NATION would respond, and that getting your community back to life would be a #1 priority for government, but that doesn't appear to have been the case in NO.

yeah riiight

;)

MannyIsGod
02-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Yeah, better not to use safety gear and protect your hands, especially if you make a living using them... you've obviously not cut your hands or gotten splints from dried paint on wood before.

As for the ponchos, a little lame but the organisers would've been criticised if they didn't provide them, and if you have the choice of being wet or dry, which would you choose?

The more I read this post the more fucking annoyed I get. You're so fucking clueless on this fucking subject man.

Slippy
02-18-2008, 06:43 AM
It's hard trying to make time for the allstar game these days. It's not much fun to watch. Having it in New Orleans how-ever is perfect timing. The event has put New Orleans back to the centre of attention for positive reasons. In continuing the rebuilding.

I've been there a few times and plan on going more. The historical significance, the culture, the cuisine, and off-course the music are simply things you can't replace or move on from. Fot that, im greatful to allstar weekend and the NBA.

m33p0
02-18-2008, 07:29 AM
your posts are getting worse and worse every thread.

hater
02-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Giving a shit about the all-star game :lmao

You guys are actually pissed the West lost :lmao

No we are just pissed Dirk choked in a meaningless game :p:

jmard5
02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
I stopped watching the game after the 2nd quarter. I can't stand AI hogging the ball while Kidd was superbly directing the offense for the east.

WalterBenitez
02-18-2008, 01:04 PM
ASG sucks

boutons_
02-18-2008, 01:09 PM
NBATV has been running ASGs from their archives, 70s/80s stuff. "both teams played hard" back then. Real games with serious effort.

Stern has over-expanded/diluted the talent with too many franchises, turned it into show business first, and the game has suffered for it.

MannyIsGod
02-18-2008, 01:22 PM
NBATV has been running ASGs from their archives, 70s/80s stuff. "both teams played hard" back then. Real games with serious effort.

Stern has over-expanded/diluted the talent with too many franchises, turned it into show business first, and the game has suffered for it.Yeah I agree. The four teams at the ASG are far too many. Its not like we have the same amount of teams and players.

OH WAIT.

Will the stupidity never cease?