PDA

View Full Version : Horry came through

manustarting2gd
01-07-2005, 01:52 AM
10 pts, 5 boards, 2 blocks, one of which a nice one on J ONeal , and the best part.. 3-3 from the line..
That is coming through..

T Park
01-07-2005, 01:53 AM
actually both blocks were on Jermaine Oneal.

Both pretty nasty ones too.

Horry was the player of the game tonight no question.

Without him, the Spurs were toast.

manustarting2gd
01-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Nice! both were on O'Neal? Sweet! I wish I would have seen that, I heard the game on the radio.. And guess what? Espn shows O'Neal dunking on TD and Rasho ,#5 in the Top ten..

T Park
01-07-2005, 02:22 AM
yeah
that was right out of a timeout, and Rasho had 5 and Duncan didnt guard him well all night.

He can have the highlight.

Ill take the win.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2005, 03:17 AM
This thread has gone too long without the Popsuckers chiming in to say Horry shouldn't play, Barry either.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2005, 06:22 AM
Horry is playing awesome lately. They were commenting on tv that Pop is keeping him fresh for the playoffs, but also trying not to rest him too much because they don't want him to get heavy.

whottt
01-07-2005, 06:48 AM
Never doubted Horry was still a very good championship accessory...and I can tell you guys right now, Horry is still clutch, he was injured and tired the year he struggled in the post season.....and he may not have been clutch against LA last season...but LA knew what he could do better than we did, they also knew his strenghts and weaknesses better than we did, I still say, Horry was not the perimeter player that was left open...and I have read quotes from Phil Jackson saying they had a defense gameplanned specifically to prevent Horry from hurting them.

Horry is a steal for the vet min, and you keep bringing him back until he can no longer physically take the court. I can't believe anyone would ever thing he doesn't bring more towards winning a title that just about any bench player in the NBA. There's a reason he's won rings without Hakeem, Kobe and Shaq and they have none without him...even when he's been replaced by Barkley and Malone.

But if we end up in the finals, and we just happen to be playing Miami...

I do not ever want to see Horry asked to defend Shaq again. That was the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life when it happened last season. I know why it was done, because Pop wanted Horry to pull Shaq out on the perimeter when the Spurs were on O, but LA didn't go for it.....Defensively, Horry is already puffed up to the max just to play guys like Webber, defending Duncan is the outer limit of his ability to defend a big man. Shaq is a total mismatch for Horry and Horry got abused.

When the time comes to play Shaq I expect to see Malik getting minutes on him....I think it was a big mistake we didn't go to Malik in that situation last season.