PDA

View Full Version : In Bruges

Jimcs50
02-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Went to see this movie and I came away very impressed. I am not a big Colin Ferrel fan, but after seeing this movie, I have changed my mind. The movie is a story of two hit men, Ken and Ray sent to the medieval city of Bruges in Belgium to rest and lay low after hit that got all fucked up. Ray(Colin Ferrel) is a miserable bastard who makes it clear he's not happy about being in Bruges, but Ken convinces him that their boss Harry has a job for them there, as well as allowing them a chance for some sightseeing, none of which improves Ray's mood. Things look up when Ray meets Chloe and scores himself a date, which also goes horribly wrong due to Ray shooting off his big mouth. From there things continue to go south as Ray and Ken get into all sorts of shit and meet all kinds of weird fucks, all of whom will play a part in the larger picture.

Ray and Ken remeind me of Vincent and Jules in Pulp Fiction, which also make the film enjoyable.

Go see this film.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 09:47 AM
It was directed by the guy who wrote and directed Six Shooter, which was a pretty good movie.

I really want to see this movie.

blizz
02-18-2008, 11:04 AM
the other night Roper and the other critic du jour, both raved about this movie. they also made the comparison to vincent and jules. i really wanna see it too.

In10se
12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Finally got around to watching this movie that I've been wanting to see for two years, was very good. Midgets, drugs, Farrell, and Belgium. Weird mix but very entertaining. Would like to see more from Martin McDonaugh

atxrocker
12-22-2009, 04:12 PM
I was suprisingly entertained by this movie as well.

Mark in Austin
12-22-2009, 06:03 PM
offbeat, but oddly satisfying.

DPG21920
12-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Told you dudes this was an awesome movie. Very funny and dark, but also does a good job of telling a story and making an impact.

RedsLakers24
12-22-2009, 07:38 PM
yeah it was awsome and funny

B-Hath
12-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Great movie. It will be a future purchase.