PDA

View Full Version : Aggies retire that disobedient bitch..

degenerate_gambler
02-18-2008, 10:38 AM
http://media.www.thebatt.com/media/storage/paper657/news/2008/02/13/News/Reveille.To.Retire-3206136.shtml

Reveille to retire
Administrators to announce mascot's removal Wednesday
By: Laura Swift
Posted: 2/13/08
Reveille VII, the mascot of Texas A&M and highest-ranking member of the Corps of Cadets since 2001, is retiring.

The Corps plans to announce the retirement of the mascot at a news conference at 5 p.m. on Wednesday in the Corps Center.

Details about why administrators decided to retire Reveille were not disclosed as of Tuesday night. She has a record of disobedience that includes biting cadets, excessive barking at sporting events and being quarantined in 2007.

Reveille VII was born on Oct. 9, 2000. A traveling party of five Corps members flew to Fort Lauderdale, Fla. on Feb. 16, 2001 to bring Reveille to her home at A&M. Mascot Corporal Sean Cook, a sophomore psychology major and the main caretaker of Reveille, said she was chosen because she was the most beautiful puppy in the litter. One of her first appearances as the seventh mascot was at the Corps Final Review in 2001.

Members of Mascot Company E-2 John Morello and Cook shared their experiences with Reveille.

Reveille is unique because she is one of the last mascots nationwide that has interaction with students on campus, Morello said.

"She passes by hundreds of students each day," he said. "She is not just seen at football games, so she is seen by everyone. She lives and breathes with the students."

Reveille completed her training on campus and at obedience school. Jordan Caddik, class of 2005, was the 2003 mascot corporal and the main cadet that trained her, said Morello, a senior kinesiology major and commanding officer of E-2.

Reveille has had the privilege to travel the country and make special appearances. She attended multiple sporting events, including Big 12 championships and bowl games. She was present at George W. Bush's presidential inauguration in Washington D.C.

Reveille was described as the school's canine ambassador by Morello. But outside of her travels, Reveille's daily schedule is more relaxed.

"She attends our formations in the morning. She then goes with me to class, where she usually sleeps," Cook said. "At the end of the academic day, we always make time to play with her. She also marches with us in the evenings, then catches up on more sleep."

"She follows our outfit in whatever we do," Morello said.

Both cadets emphasized that Reveille has a dynamic personality. "If we have a bad day, Reveille is always there. She is a comfort and reminds you of your dog back home," Cook said.

Morello said that Reveille loves her cadets and likes being around people.

Cook said he has many memories from the time he spent with Reveille. The cadets said they have a special bed for Reveille, but she prefers to sleep in their closets.

"When I come back from class, I can find her sleeping in my closet," Cook said. "I remember one time when I came back to my room where she was sleeping, and she had her head in one of my cowboy boots. Little memories like these make the time with her special."

Cook said: "There are so many great things about her that I wish everyone could share. Everything having to do with Reveille has made these years some of the most rewarding. She is a great dog, and we love her to death."

How can they retire her if she's the highest ranking member of the Corps?

RonMexico
02-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Let's replace her with a descendant Lassie. Then she can run up to Mike Sherman and let him know when certain plays are in trouble. Or just videotape the defensive signals.

degenerate_gambler
02-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Let's replace her with a descendant Lassie. Then she can run up to Mike Sherman and let him know when certain plays are in trouble. Or just videotape the defensive signals.

if she can help get Timmy out of the well, by God, she sure ought to be able to help McGee progress though his reads.

RonMexico
02-18-2008, 02:15 PM
"What's that girl? Stephen just got sacked again? Jorvorskie is crying on the sidelines?"

I can see it now.