PDA

View Full Version : What Black Men Think

2centsworth
02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Awesome video. Most of the lies are perpetuated for political purposes. Know the truth.

http://whatblackmenthink.com/

NASpurs
02-18-2008, 11:35 AM
A site about black men that's all in black? Pure genius.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 11:41 AM
They're all in jail.

That's how they get material for rap songs.

Pick of Destiny
02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
A site about black men that's all in black

Sincerely: Greg More

mrsmaalox
02-18-2008, 12:09 PM
How long is thisthing? I don't have the attention span for anything more than about 30 seconds right now. I'll just check it later.

2centsworth
02-18-2008, 12:42 PM
How long is thisthing? I don't have the attention span for anything more than about 30 seconds right now. I'll just check it later.
it's a short youtube video.

blizz
02-18-2008, 01:21 PM
you're not missing much. just more black people complaining.

mrsmaalox
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
you're not missing much. just more black people complaining.
Nah I finally looked at it; it was good.

Pistons < Spurs
02-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I'd be curious to watch the whole video...but I'm not paying $19.99

word
02-18-2008, 06:42 PM
I've never heard any of the statistics they are eluding to. So, they make up statistics then call them lies ? In the DVD do they present the giant penis myth ?

2centsworth
02-18-2008, 06:49 PM
I've never heard any of the statistics they are eluding to. So, they make up statistics then call them lies ? In the DVD do they present the giant penis myth ?
that's because you're ignorant. They state plainly where they get those statistics. It just requires a little effort on your part. If you weren't so lazy I would post them for you.

word
02-18-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm ignorant because I've never heard stats that are made up ? I'll take ignorant.

2centsworth
02-18-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm ignorant because I've never heard stats that are made up ? I'll take ignorant.put your money where your mouth is. $100 the statistics are credible.

here you go race monger, I let you off the hook. The stats come from the US Census and the Department of Justice.

http://whatblackmenthink.com/category/stat-101/

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
I love that clip!

They are SPOT fucking on, not just about black men, but about a myriad of issues.

Check your sources, people. Filter your information with a skeptical eye!

And 2centsworth, I am not a hypocrite for saying that and sometimes quoting wikis because wikis can be well sourced from credible primary sources, as the wiki I cited the other day was. I follow up secondary sources to assess the credibility, as I'm sure you do.

Last Comic Standing
02-18-2008, 08:31 PM
If Ruff likes it that is all I need to know.

Tree hugger
02-18-2008, 08:40 PM
I love that clip!

They are SPOT fucking on.

Ruff seems to have the pulse of the black community. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-18-2008, 09:10 PM
:rolleyes

If you've watched the clip you'd know that it basically says "don't believe all the bullshit that's handed to you by the media, check it out yourself". That is absolutely what everyone with the means should do more often. What a moron I am for even suggesting that media-driven ignorance is a major problem in the world...

spursRgay
02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
the only thing i got from the video is 100% of black men are black...and I dont remember thinking any of the things they say I do

ShoogarBear
02-18-2008, 10:24 PM
I must be the only one who can't get the page to work.

But then, I don't need to.

ShoogarBear
02-18-2008, 10:34 PM
shoogar bear has engaged in pillowtalk with hundreds, maybe billions of black menYou have me confoozled with Mapimpo.

ShoogarBear
02-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Ya, like they don't mix Big Red with breast milk in V-town.

ShoogarBear
02-18-2008, 10:40 PM
what?I win.

Aunt Ester
02-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Gotta luv it!

SequSpur
02-18-2008, 10:44 PM
wgaf.

Dark Gable
02-18-2008, 11:50 PM
I must be the only one who can't get the page to work.

But then, I don't need to.

Word

word
02-19-2008, 12:35 AM
put your money where your mouth is. $100 the statistics are credible.

here you go race monger, I let you off the hook. The stats come from the US Census and the Department of Justice.

http://whatblackmenthink.com/category/stat-101/

Who said there are more black men in prison than college ? Who said most black women have AIDS ? 50% of black men don't graduate highschool ? That 1 in 3 are incarcerated ? They're claiming that's what 'people say'. That's what I'm talking about doofus. I don't know ANYONE who thinks most black women have AIDS or there are more black men in prison than college. I've never heard those statistics EVER. Never read it, never heard it spoken, till now, by the very people refuting it.

Red Herring:

a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

Topic A is under discussion.
Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A).
Topic A is abandoned.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.

Thanks for your participation. And how does any of this make me racist ?

2centsworth
02-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Who said there are more black men in prison than college ? Who said most black women have AIDS ? 50% of black men don't graduate highschool ?

then you are ignorant or nieve. most of the general population believes that nonsense, but a quick google search generated the following:

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/252/jpistudy.shtml

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v02/n1600/a03.html

there's a ton more. That statistic is misleading at best. the point of the video is to talk about the positives rather than the constant negatives you see in the media. However, I'm sure you think it's balanced coverage.

ShoogarBear
02-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Seriously, I can't get the page to work in either Firefox or Opera.

word
02-19-2008, 01:21 AM
then you are ignorant or nieve. most of the general population believes that nonsense, but a quick google search generated the following:

there's a ton more. That statistic is misleading at best. the point of the video is to talk about the positives rather than the constant negatives you see in the media. However, I'm sure you think it's balanced coverage.

MOST of the general population ? I doubt that. I give people more credit than that. Maybe I just don't hang around with enough dumbasses. Anyway, as far as the video is concerned I'm glad to see the problems in the black community are perception driven and not reality. Problem solved. Time to move on.

blizz
02-19-2008, 02:53 AM

Most of the general population? Are you serious? You know this how? You've polled the American people about what they think?

Hasty generalization is a logical fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence. It commonly involves basing a broad conclusion upon the statistics of a survey of a small group that fails to sufficiently represent the whole population.

Example:

Person A travels through Town X for the first time. He sees 10 people, all of them children. Person A returns to his town and reports that there are no adult residents in Town X.

Person A and Person B walk past a pawn shop. Person A remarks that a watch in a window display looks like the one his grandfather used to wear.

Person B concludes that Person A's grandfather pawned his watch
Person B concludes that Person A's grandfather had expensive tastes in jewelry
Person B concludes that Person A's grandfather was ostentatious
Person B concludes that Person A's grandfather can not tell the time any more

You also should come up with better sources, I can google the same subject to come up with numbers that say the opposite. The point Word is making, (and if I'm incorrect please say so) is that he's never seen the stats presented in the video, hence they could be made up so that THEY can make their point. Something you almost conceded to when you said "the point of the video is to talk about the positives rather than the constant negatives you see in the media". I've never heard or read those stats either. I don't think that way about black people...my best friend is black and have plenty of black friends. Having said that; who really CARES what stats the media puts out? As long as you don't believe them then fuck it. What I see here is another attempt to point the finger rather than take inventory of one's self.

johngateswhiteley
02-19-2008, 03:02 AM

i've never heard any of that stuff till now either...not once.

blizz
02-19-2008, 03:06 AM
"I see some black people looking at me: “Man, why you got to say that? It ain't us, it's the media. The media has distorted our image to make us look bad.” Please, cut the shit, okay? When I go to the money machine at night, I ain't looking over my back for the media. I'm looking for ######s!" - Chris Rock

2centsworth
02-19-2008, 08:04 AM
"I see some black people looking at me: “Man, why you got to say that? It ain't us, it's the media. The media has distorted our image to make us look bad.” Please, cut the shit, okay? When I go to the money machine at night, I ain't looking over my back for the media. I'm looking for ######s!" - Chris Rock
that's the point.

2centsworth
02-19-2008, 08:13 AM
MOST of the general population ? I doubt that. I give people more credit than that. Maybe I just don't hang around with enough dumbasses. Anyway, as far as the video is concerned I'm glad to see the problems in the black community are perception driven and not reality. Problem solved. Time to move on.
i guess dr. shelby steele, Juan Williams, and the other black college professors who collaborated on the project are dumbasses.

DarkReign
02-19-2008, 10:25 AM
i guess dr. shelby steele, Juan Williams, and the other black college professors who collaborated on the project are dumbasses.

No, just reverse racists.

peewee's lovechild
02-19-2008, 10:31 AM
All this talk has given me a hunkering for fried chicken and grape soda.

blizz
02-19-2008, 10:42 AM
amen

blizz
02-19-2008, 10:43 AM
that's the point.
???????? WTF? You just played yourself. This thread is over.

BacktoBasics
02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Even the clip was in broken english. I'll pass bro.

2centsworth
02-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Juan Williams is a reverse racists, now that's funny.

2centsworth
02-19-2008, 11:29 AM
???????? WTF? You just played yourself. This thread is over.bye.

so i guess we can all agree we no longer need to hear how poorly the black man is doing because of the white man.

blizz
02-19-2008, 12:47 PM
bye....lol......are you THAT stupid??

the black man is doing poorly because of the black man.

blizz
02-19-2008, 12:48 PM
and yeah i'll agree to that....cuz it's bullshit.

peewee's lovechild
02-19-2008, 12:50 PM
If Obama is elected President, can the black man still say that the "Man" is keeping him down?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Hmmmm, here's an idea - maybe the film itself is an investigation into the kinds of lies the clip describes! Maybe the film details the development and perpetration of such lies! Maybe writing it all off as bullshit before you've even seen the film exemplifies the kind of pig ignorance that the film is trying to address!

:rolleyes

blizz
02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
You obviously haven't read all of the thread because you don't even know what the fucking argument is about. We are disputing the validity of the statistics that the video points out because we haven't seen or heard of them before. Maybe the film is just another way to point the finger at other people. You don't even fucking live here...shut the fuck up.

TheSanityAnnex
02-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I can't see the damn video. It just keeps replaying the first question. Damn this movie.

ShoogarBear
02-19-2008, 10:11 PM
I can't see the damn video. It just keeps replaying the first question. Damn this movie.That's the same problem I'm having.

Pistons < Spurs
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Here's the video guys:

ISSm41HNQFk

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-20-2008, 12:18 AM
You obviously haven't read all of the thread because you don't even know what the fucking argument is about. We are disputing the validity of the statistics that the video points out because we haven't seen or heard of them before. Maybe the film is just another way to point the finger at other people. You don't even fucking live here...shut the fuck up.

Oh, I've read the thread. You obviously can't read.

I know you are disputing the validity of the stats - lemme guess, we'll find out where those stats are being quoted from in the movie. Dumbass.

As for not living there, that means I have no right to an opinion? I thought the US was the bastion of free speech. Fuck you pal.

SequSpur
02-20-2008, 12:20 AM
what does white man think?

baseline bum
02-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Who said there are more black men in prison than college ?

Kind of messed up that it was a black man spreading that myth the first time I heard it...

They say keep em on gangs and drugs
You wanna sweep a nigga like me up under the rug
Kicking shit called street knowledge
Why more niggas in the pen than in college?
Now cause of that line I might be your cellmate
That's from the nigga ya love to hate

peewee's lovechild
02-20-2008, 09:00 AM
In Brownsville, there aren't any black guys in jail.

Spawn
02-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Kind of messed up that it was a black man spreading that myth the first time I heard it...

They say keep em on gangs and drugs
You wanna sweep a nigga like me up under the rug
Kicking shit called street knowledge
Why more niggas in the pen than in college?
Now cause of that line I might be your cellmate
That's from the nigga ya love to hate

Fuck you Ice Cube

blizz
02-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Oh, I've read the thread. You obviously can't read.

I know you are disputing the validity of the stats - lemme guess, we'll find out where those stats are being quoted from in the movie. Dumbass.

As for not living there, that means I have no right to an opinion? I thought the US was the bastion of free speech. Fuck you pal.

Seriously dude, you're not a US Citizen so I don't even care what you think. You're right about one thing, I can't read... :rolleyes