PDA

View Full Version : question about the movie mystic river

blizz
02-18-2008, 12:03 PM
i saw it again last night and the question i have is....at the end...when kevin bacon makes a gun with his finger and points at sean penn....what did that mean to yall?

blizz
02-18-2008, 12:08 PM
was it "i know what you did but it's cool" or "i know what you did and i'm gonna bring you in"??

Hemotivo
02-18-2008, 12:11 PM
jJBRS-8eDZU

mrsmaalox
02-18-2008, 12:15 PM
was it "i know what you did but it's cool" or "i know what you did and i'm gonna bring you in"??

I think he was cool with it.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-18-2008, 02:23 PM
check out the commentary if you have the dvd. they sometimes tell you.

mardigan
02-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I thought more of the latter, thats the way the book seemed to portray it. There just couldnt be a way that Bacon's character would have been cool with Penn killing a innocent childhood friend.

ZStomp
02-18-2008, 07:33 PM
i saw it again last night and the question i have is....at the end...when kevin bacon makes a gun with his finger and points at sean penn....what did that mean to yall?

Great movie. One of my all time favorites. Great acting all around!

I take it more that he's going to get him.

ShoogarBear
02-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I agree. It means "I'm watching you".

blizz
02-19-2008, 03:14 AM
See that's what I thought....but when I saw it again I started questioning things like why he didn't take him down when he sorta confessed? There seems to have been some time between when he confessed in the street and the parade. I did, however, take it to mean something like "you're next" when he made the shooting motion. Oh and I agree...great fucking movie. Another thing I'm curious about is...while I felt REALLY sorry for Dave, I also felt some relief for him cuz he's finally out of his misery. What did yall think? As for his wife...what a bitch. She could have called the police if she thought he did it.