PDA

View Full Version : After The Kidd Trade: Big Men on Nets

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 03:07 PM
The Nets will have a glut of PF/Cs.

If not the people's choice, Diop, then the Spurs should definitely look at Krstic (The Nets love him), Boone (improving) or S. Williams (my favorite).

MoSpur
02-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Sean Williams would be a good pick up, but doubt that the Nets would make him available.

Evan
02-18-2008, 03:19 PM
or S. Williams (my favorite).

Why is he your favorite?

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Young and can block shots.

exstatic
02-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Three big men is a glut?

MoSpur
02-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Sean Williams is young, improving, and most of cheap. The Nets would not let him go for anything the Spurs would have to offer.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 03:25 PM
The Nets aren't likely to move any productive pieces when they realize they are better with Harris than they were with Kidd.

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Three big men is a glut?
They also have Stromile Swift and Jamaal Magliore.

That's five legit F/Cs, dope.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Trade for Van Horn.

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Trade for Van Horn.
If you aren't going to add to the discussion, at least be amusing.

You're a bore.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 03:30 PM
I remember when I was hopeful we might land him in the draft.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 03:32 PM

You're a bore.That was amusing -- and fit your trade criteria for this thread.

Why would the Nets trade anyone good to the Spurs?

If you are going to start fifty trade threads, at least be realistic.

You're a bitch.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
That was amusing -- and fit your trade criteria for this thread.

Why would the Nets trade anyone good to the Spurs?

The more appropriate question is, if someone thinks Pau Gasol vaulted the Lakers past the Spurs, then why would that same person think Nenad Kristic would vault the Spurs back into the lead? :lol

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 03:39 PM
You jerk0ffs want to stay pat. How does that vault us past the Lakers?

Maybe the Nets would want cap flexibility and/or picks?

How far-fetched is that for a team that just traded away it's star for not much?

P.S.

You are not funny, ChumpDumper. Or insightful. Or creative.

Your posts are predictably the same: complain about others' ideas and advocate absolutely nothing.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 03:42 PM

Maybe the Nets would want cap flexibility and/or picks?

How far-fetched is that for a team that just traded away it's star for not much?

P.S.

You are not funny, ChumpDumper. Or insightful. Or creative.

Your posts are predictably the same: complain about others' ideas and advocate absolutely nothing.
And you just throw loads of shit at the wall hoping something will stick.

You're a monkey at the zoo.

Why would the Nets trade any good big man to the Spurs?

Answer the fucking QUESTION.

Give me something worth advocating, Koko.

exstatic
02-18-2008, 03:50 PM

You need three for your rotation and five for your roster........

Dope.

Pistons < Spurs
02-18-2008, 03:50 PM
The Nets will not be getting rid of Sean Williams.

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 03:51 PM
I already answered you.

Why wouldn't they?

They have five (5) big men.

Do you like any of them?

Spurminator
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
If we're looking for good rookie bigmen that have no chance of being traded by their current teams, I'd much rather have Al Horford.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
The only thing I see the Nets even considering would be if hey had no plans for Diop in their future and the Spurs send Elson and $3 million for Diop and Ager (whom I read the Nets didn't want in the first place).

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 03:54 PM
I already answered you.

Why wouldn't they?They don't have to.

Five big men isn't all that much.

The Spurs have six.

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Assuming they'd keep S. Williams and Boone, what about Magliore or Swift?

Are they upgrades?

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Assuming they'd keep S. Williams and Boone, what about Magliore or Swift?

Are they upgrades?I'm not sure if Swift would play much in the Spurs system since he's never really seemed to learn anyone else's system in his career.

Magloire is just done.

Nenad might be better next season after more recovery/rehab but he's kind of useless this season.

I don't see the Nets giving up the young cheap guys for anything the Spurs want to deal.

coopdogg3
02-18-2008, 04:01 PM

You're a bore.

For what it's worth, I thought it was kinda funny. Stop taking yourself so seriously, have a laugh. This is all for fun anyway, I doubt CIA Pop is reading these forums looking for trade ideas.

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for returning the volley...

... you are probably right, unless the Nets were desperate for picks and flexibility and felt that two young PF/Cs was too much.

They are high on Krstic, but like I said, they have 5 big men now!

ChumpDumper
02-18-2008, 04:07 PM
The only thing I see the Nets even considering would be if hey had no plans for Diop in their future and the Spurs send Elson and $3 million for Diop and Ager (whom I read the Nets didn't want in the first place).Oops, that deal isn't even possible unless it could be done as separate transactions - and I don't think the Elson/Diop salaries match closely enough.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
The Spurs have a better chance of building Elson's confidence before the playoffs than they do teaching one of the Nets' bigmen a system that took Oberto a full year to learn. I certainly wouldn't be inclined to entertain talent evaluations from someone that refers to Devin Harris as "not much".

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Is it that difficult to tell a young big man to cover his guy and block shots?

Harris is still unproven and always getting hurt.

Stand pat then, Obstructed. I looking for some life preservers.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 04:44 PM
If it's that simple, why can't Elson do it? Why couldn't Ely or Butler do it?

Harris is still unproven and always getting hurt
He's 25 and he's been to the Finals. The trip to the Finals was the one year that he missed games. Jason Kidd missed 59 games his first five years in the league, and that was BEFORE microfracture surgery.

Only a dumbfuck thinks a third string big from a team with a losing record is going to be a life preserver on a championship team. You, sir, are that dumbfuck.

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 04:47 PM
If it's that simple, why can't Elson do it? Why couldn't Ely or Butler do it?

He's 25 and he's been to the Finals. The trip to the Finals was the one year that he missed games. Jason Kidd missed 59 games his first five years in the league, and that was BEFORE microfracture surgery.

Only a dumbfuck thinks a third string big from a team with a losing record is going to be a life preserver on a championship team. You, sir, are that dumbfuck.
Big words for a retard.

Elson can't block shots. Sean Williams can.

Harris, much like Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo, are young point guards who fell into championship-caliber teams.

Harris didn't start for the Mavs until this year.

What else ya got?

T Park
02-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Wrong.

he started starting in 05 06, rewatch the Playoffs against the Spurs.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Big words for a retard.
Yeah, I forgot who I was addressing. Sorry. Which word did you have trouble with, "microfracture" or "dumbfuck"?

What else ya got?
Since you didn't even know Devin Harris was a starter for the team that knocked the Spurs out of the playoffs two years ago, I've decided that you are so fucking ignorant it's not really worth the minimal effort required to smack you down over and over again. I'll leave you with this, though:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/GreatIdeaDouchebag.jpg

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 05:20 PM
So sorry to correct you:

http://www.armchairgm.com/2006_NBA_Western_Conference_Playoffs_Preview

Again.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 05:26 PM
So sorry to correct you:

http://www.armchairgm.com/2006_NBA_Western_Conference_Playoffs_Preview

Again.
Yeah, Devin Harris only started game 2 against the Spurs.

And Game 3.

And Game 4.

And Game 5.

And Game 6.

And Game 7.

Technically, I guess Adrian Griffin was the starter though.

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Harris was not the regular starter that season or the playoffs. That series, they inserted him in.

What's your point?

He went back to the bench last year and has been in and out this year.

manufor3
02-18-2008, 05:29 PM

...im not gonna say anything...

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Harris was not the regular starter that season or the playoffs. That series, they inserted him in.

What's your point?

He went back to the bench last year and has been in and out this year.
You said he wasn't a starter until this year. I guess those 61 games he started last year are as meaningless as the playoff games he started against the Spurs when you weren't watching.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2008, 05:32 PM
...im not gonna say anything...
It's not like he'd listen.

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I forgot who I was addressing. Sorry. Which word did you have trouble with, "microfracture" or "dumbfuck"?

Since you didn't even know Devin Harris was a starter for the team that knocked the Spurs out of the playoffs two years ago, I've decided that you are so fucking ignorant it's not really worth the minimal effort required to smack you down over and over again. I'll leave you with this, though:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/GreatIdeaDouchebag.jpg
He was not the original starter, dumbfvck, and that was 2 years ago.

Are you seriously suggesting that Harris is better than Kidd?

Oh, and Kristic has been hurt all year.

Please die now.

manufor3
02-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Big words for a retard.

Elson can't block shots. Sean Williams can.

Harris, much like Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo, are young point guards who fell into championship-caliber teams.

What else ya got?
tony and rajon both fell into those teams?
tony is a great point guard.
rajon starts for the celts.

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Parker and Rondo are as good as their championship teams are.

Same with Harris.

I could care less when he started or when he didn't... his 10 PPG and 4 APG for his career don't blow me away.

You don't see him blowing up on the Nets, do you?

manufor3
02-18-2008, 05:48 PM
god u frustrate me so much! :pctoss :bang :ihit

Ghost Writer
02-18-2008, 05:53 PM
I am just skeptical when a young player, especially a PG, enjoys success on a championship contender and people fall in love with him.

Let's see Harris shine on the Nets.

It's possible, because he'll still be like the third option there.

manufor3
02-18-2008, 06:00 PM
well lets see the nets depth chart for pgs...
weve got Marcus Williams, Devin Harris, Darrell Armstrong, and (possibly) Maurice Ager.
not too hard to compete in.

Cry Havoc
02-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Calling Obstructed a retard is basically one step away from admitting you know nothing and have never been to Spurstalk.

Just... wow.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-18-2008, 07:28 PM

I'm surprised no-one picked up on this. We need to be vaulted past the Lakers?

Talking about THIS season, as far as I can see, healthy and intact we are still the better team. Parker gives fits to Fisher, same Bowen to Kobe, TD owns Gasol, they have no-one to stop Manu, and our bench is deeper and more battle-tested. Remember, Bynum is unlikely to be back before the playoffs, and then it will take him time to re-integrate - I think he's not going to be much use to the Lakers this season.

Next year, with Bynum and Gasol integrated and used to playing together it may be another story, but right now it's them who have to catch us. No need for panic moves, and there's a long offseason to find the team for next year.

Also, I'd happily trade Elson for someone useful, but the system would stop most players from contributing much during the rest of this season.

Holt's Cat
02-18-2008, 07:32 PM

That's why the Spurs are shopping Elson, is it not?

Harris is still unproven and always getting hurt.

You're looking in the wrong place then. Of course, is the situation really that dire?

The Franchise
02-18-2008, 07:37 PM
The Nets aren't likely to move any productive pieces when they realize they are better with Harris than they were with Kidd. :tu

Holt's Cat
02-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm surprised no-one picked up on this. We need to be vaulted past the Lakers?

Sure, the Spurs need to vault past the Lakers in the NBA Trade Championship.

It's been the same fucking tune for a decade. The Spurs would never win a championship by using late round picks and signing former star veterans to small deals, he said. Once upon a time Ghost posted screeds daily about how the Spurs never drafted All-Stars (outside of TD and DRob) even though other teams did (nevermind that the Spurs were drafting with late 1st round picks while those other teams had lottery picks because they were so good they were in the lottery). He likes to pretend that Parker and Ginobili are not really that good because their mere existence shows how full of shit he is. That's really what's eating Ghost these days. He was dead wrong about how the Spurs should go about winning championships. Not to mention his borderline racist rants about how the Spurs needed to acquire young African-Americans who adorn themselves with tattoos, headbands, and outsized gold jewelry.

The Franchise
02-18-2008, 07:43 PM
He was not the original starter, dumbfvck, and that was 2 years ago.

Are you seriously suggesting that Harris is better than Kidd?

Oh, and Kristic has been hurt all year.

Please die now.
Kidd is a better pure point guard,but i think Devin Harris brings more to the table(speed,breaking down the defense,scoring punch, and youth).