PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for the Wizards

lefty
02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Arenas back soon :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3252210

Wizards' Arenas, Thomas cleared by team to practice

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- Gilbert Arenas was cleared to participate in light, non-contact drills by the Washington Wizards on Monday, a step forward in his return from left knee surgery.

Thomas

Arenas

Arenas has said he hopes to return to the Wizards in the coming weeks. The team has not said when he can return to full-contact practice.

Another injured Wizards player, center Etan Thomas, was cleared to practice for the first time since he had open-heart surgery in October. No timetable has been set for him to play in a game.

After a routine preseason physical, Thomas was told surgery would be a good idea because of a leaky aortic valve. The biggest impediment to his return to practice had been concern over how much pounding he could take on his sternum, which was broken during the 4½-hour operation.

Arenas, third in the NBA in scoring in 2006-07, injured his left knee late last season and needed surgery. He returned to action at the start of this season, but needed another operation in November.

The Wizards (25-27) return from the All-Star break Tuesday night at home against the New York Knicks.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Stick to NBA Live, Gilbert.

ShoogarBear
02-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Gilbert's in a contract year, too. He's pissed the Wiz had been winning without him.

kingsfan
02-18-2008, 09:48 PM
:elephantGood, I missed Gil.

Fillmoe
02-18-2008, 09:53 PM
he was talking shit about my boy HOZAY! i should slap the stupid out of him.....

MrChug
02-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Poor Antawn...PLEASE SIGN WITH A WINNING TEAM (*Spurs*cough*cough*Spurs).

Fillmoe
02-19-2008, 08:46 PM
fuck gaybert arenas