PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: At Least One More Night Off For Parker

duncan228
02-18-2008, 10:50 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/02/jeff_mcdonald_a_8.html

Jeff McDonald: At least one more night off for Parker

It appears that Tony Parker will have to miss at least one more game before returning to the Spurs' lineup.

Parker, who has been out since Jan. 29 with chronic inflammation in the left heel and ankle, practiced with the team on Monday. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, however, says he doesn't expect Parker to play when the team resumes its schedule Tuesday against Charlotte.

"It's a little too quick, to come back after all that rest and come back full bore," Popovich said after Monday's workout.

Popovich says he is targeting Thursday's game at Minnesota for Parker's return, in order to ease his point guard back into the flow of things.

Parker is averaging 19.2 points and 6.2 assists per game. The Spurs went 6-2 after he left the rodeo road trip one game into it.

spursfan09
02-18-2008, 10:59 PM
:(

So at least he's not injured, its just his conditioning we need to worry about.

SequSpur
02-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Bullshit!

spursfan09
02-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Well we don't him against the Bobcats, but I am definitly suffering from Tony Parker withdrawl!

duncan228
02-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Sorry Sequ...I knew you wouldn't be pleased.

But he'll come back strong...and ready.
Then Sequ will be happy.

greens
02-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Oh, I was hoping Tony would play tomorrow. However, if Pop feels like he's not ready yet, then I can't wait to see him back on Thursday.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-18-2008, 11:34 PM
And with that....the smart vegas betting man will immediately put all of his money on the spurs to LOSE next game.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Finally, Thursday is good enough. I don't know how much longer i could take Vaughn driving to the basket and taking jumpers that Parker is usually money from wide open.

greens
02-18-2008, 11:55 PM
I wonder why Pop can't let TP simply have limited minutes in tomorrow's game as he eases back to playing again. That way, he won't have to right away get back to playing more than 30 minutes...but just start out slowly, with less minutes in the first game, then bring his minutes back up...

I miss seeing TP play...Looks like we'll have to wait till Thursday, at the earliest. Which means TD/Manu will probably play big minutes again tomorrow...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-18-2008, 11:58 PM
I wonder why Pop can't let TP simply have limited minutes in tomorrow's game as he eases back to playing again. That way, he won't have to right away get back to playing more than 30 minutes...but just start out slowly, with less minutes in the first game, then bring his minutes back up...

Pop probably assessed that TP was still a little rusty during Monday's practice .

duncan228
02-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Which means TD/Manu will probably play big minutes again tomorrow...

The minutes on Duncan are starting to concern me.
He was quoted this weekend as saying he felt great, that the minutes aren't hurting him.
But I'd prefer they go down a little until we rev up for the Playoffs.

T Park
02-19-2008, 12:03 AM
good move.

100% nothing less.

greens
02-19-2008, 12:06 AM
He was quoted this weekend as saying he felt great, that the minutes aren't hurting him.

I think both TD/Manu's minutes will go back to the usual once TP is back. Pop never likes to overplay his players, I don't think he likes playing them such big minutes...but I think he had to do it while TP was not playing...the seeding is tough this year.

Hopefully, they both got a decent amount of rest during the All Star break...but TD did play in the All Stars...I don't think big minutes though...still it might have been a bit tiring for him...Who knows...

Also, Manu's career average minutes are like 27. And he has been playing basically 40 minutes lately...I don't think he even plays that many during the playoffs/finals...

duncan228
02-19-2008, 12:12 AM
I think both TD/Manu's minutes will go back to the usual once TP is back. Pop never likes to overplay his players, I don't think he likes playing them such big minutes...but I think he had to do it while TP was not playing...the seeding is tough this year.

Hopefully, they both got a decent amount of rest during the All Star break...but TD did play in the All Stars...I don't think big minutes though...still it might have been a bit tiring for him...Who knows...

Also, Manu's career average minutes are like 27. And he has been playing basically 40 minutes lately...I don't think he even plays that many during the playoffs/finals...

Pop had to do what he had to do.
I agree, it should settle once Parker is back.

Duncan played 23 minutes in the ASG, but he was doing all the NBA Cares stuff Friday, as well as the media stuff.
And Saturday he did the Shooting Stars.
I'm sure it wasn't as grinding as games and travel, but I don't think he got a lot of rest.

For some reason I'm not as worried about Manu.
His minutes are way up and we know he leaves it all out there every night.
But he seems to be thriving on it.

Let's get Parker back and settle on rotations for the final push.

porscha
02-19-2008, 12:14 AM
parker is getting fatter

greens
02-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Pop had to do what he had to do.
I agree, it should settle once Parker is back.

Duncan played 23 minutes in the ASG, but he was doing all the NBA Cares stuff Friday, as well as the media stuff.
And Saturday he did the Shooting Stars.
I'm sure it wasn't as grinding as games and travel, but I don't think he got a lot of rest.

For some reason I'm not as worried about Manu.
His minutes are way up and we know he leaves it all out there every night.
But he seems to be thriving on it.

Let's get Parker back and settle on rotations for the final push.

I agree. I can't wait till TP gets back for the final push the Spurs need to make. I have no idea what seeding the Spurs can get, everything is a bit crazy right now with the seedings...So close!

And yes, I also noticed that it seems like Manu is thriving with the huge minutes...That's beautiful to watch. A lot of people say that he can't handle such huge minutes, but he was able to handle them during this road trip. And with amazing results.

With TD, yeah if you think about all the activities during the weekend, it can be tiring just because of all the media/traveling/etc...Yet, I'm glad that the All Stars game was not even that competitive...no one was playing defense...lol.

nfg3
02-19-2008, 01:01 AM
We need TP back so we can get the rotation settled. Hopefully he'll be at 100% but something seems not quite right to me. The Spurs rarely tell all and keep things pretty secretive at times. Hopefully I'm wrong and everything will work out. I'm with most of you and am looking foreard to his return.

SA Gunslinger
02-19-2008, 03:36 AM
TP is the round peg that fits into the round hole. I can't wait to see how this team reacts upon his return.

JPB
02-19-2008, 04:04 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87549

urunobili
02-19-2008, 07:07 AM
specially this year when the starters may play until the last regular season game to get a better spot on the first round