PDA

View Full Version : Game time change - Spurs @ Suns 01/21/05

Kori Ellis
01-07-2005, 07:50 AM
The National Basketball Association announced that the San Antonio Spurs - Phoenix Suns game on January 21, 2005 will now be played at 9:30 p.m. CST and broadcast nationally on ESPN. The game was previously scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m.

The National Basketball Association also announced that the Spurs-New Orleans Hornets game on February 16, 2005 will no longer be broadcast on ESPN. The game will be carried locally on Fox Sports Net.

exstatic
01-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Good switch. I'm glad they're at least a little flexible on their schedule.

ducks
01-07-2005, 10:15 AM
that is great for you people
however driving 3 hours after the game makes it a LONGER NIGHT for me

exstatic
01-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Sorry, ducks. I wasn't really even referring to the times, just the game switch. Drive safely.

genghisrex
01-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Good switch. I'm glad they're at least a little flexible on their schedule.
I'll bet there are more than a few people in the league office who wish they could change the actual February 16th game to Spurs vs. Suns rather than just juggling the TV schedule around. The Spurs meet New Orleans (2-28) four times this year and only face Phoenix (28-4) thrice? Someone in scheduling just got fired. :smokin

Rummpd
01-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Thats great if we beat Suns 1 more time have a tie breaker advantage!

MadDoc

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2005, 01:08 PM
9:30 CDT? Holy shit that's late. That'll be past Beno's curfew.

boutons
01-07-2005, 01:15 PM
T2nd and 3rd vs. PHX are both @PHX. I'd love 3-0, but I'll settle for 2-1.

GoSpurs21
01-07-2005, 01:47 PM
I'll bet there are more than a few people in the league office who wish they could change the actual February 16th game to Spurs vs. Suns rather than just juggling the TV schedule around. The Spurs meet New Orleans (2-28) four times this year and only face Phoenix (28-4) thrice? Someone in scheduling just got fired. :smokinBecause of the addition of the NO team to the west and the west now divided into 3 divisions; each team plays every other team in their division 4 times, and all other teams in the conference 3 or 4 times.

genghisrex
01-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Because of the addition of the NO team to the west and the west now divided into 3 divisions; each team plays every other team in their division 4 times, and all other teams in the conference 3 or 4 times.
Yes, I'm aware of that. It was a joke. :drunk

Slomo
01-07-2005, 05:24 PM
9:30 CDT? Holy shit that's late. That'll be past Beno's curfew.
Thank god it's not on a school night :lol

CHAMPS AGAIN
01-07-2005, 06:43 PM
The National Basketball Association announced that the San Antonio Spurs - Phoenix Suns game on January 21, 2005 will now be played at 9:30 p.m. CST and broadcast nationally on ESPN. The game was previously scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m.

The National Basketball Association also announced that the Spurs-New Orleans Hornets game on February 16, 2005 will no longer be broadcast on ESPN. The game will be carried locally on Fox Sports Net.

First SUNS- SPURS game should have been nationally broadcast.Only game in SAN ANTONIO this year against the SUNS.We will not meet them in the playoffs.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-07-2005, 07:00 PM
hopefully the game will be put in Hi-Def, but Espn insist on showing the Laker vs. Rockets games in hi-def instead

RobinsontoDuncan
01-07-2005, 07:15 PM
First SUNS- SPURS game should have been nationally broadcast.Only game in SAN ANTONIO this year against the SUNS.We will not meet them in the playoffs.

dont we play them four time a year?

RobinsontoDuncan
01-07-2005, 07:17 PM
that is great for you people
however driving 3 hours after the game makes it a LONGER NIGHT for me

dont be stupid if you try to drive home at twelve from phoenix to san antonio you'll wind up in a ditch somewhere because you fell asleep at the wheel, you would be better off flying ducks, there are great airline rates right now anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My official 600th post on SpursTalik forums. Go Me!

Dex
01-07-2005, 07:24 PM
dont we play them four time a year?

I'm pretty sure we only go against them three times this year, because of the new division rules. Unfortunately, two of those games ARE @ PHX, which didn't seem very fair to me either when I first heard it but eh...

More the reason to lay the smack down. :fro

SequSpur
01-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the update, I'll put it down on my calendar.

Matrix
01-07-2005, 08:35 PM
dont be stupid if you try to drive home at twelve from phoenix to san antonio you'll wind up in a ditch somewhere because you fell asleep at the wheel, you would be better off flying ducks, there are great airline rates right now anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My official 600th post on SpursTalik forums. Go Me!

I was going to say rates on hotels are cheap, but its winter and the snowbirds come out so they range from 49 to 99 depending on where you stay, but its a couple weeks in advance, you may be able to find something

LakerGod
01-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Why would you guys prefer to be on a national broadcast when it's a sure thing you will lose to the best team in the NBA right now.

It would have been better to play the sorry Hornets and win than to play the hot Suns and lose.

Just my opinion.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2005, 12:50 AM
hopefully the game will be put in Hi-Def, but Espn insist on showing the Laker vs. Rockets games in hi-def instead

Don't even get me started on the lack of ESPN HD games.

I think I've seen ONE game this season in HD on ESPN [I know there have been more - but I'm not always at home (with the HDTV) during the ESPN broadcasts] and it was a Knicks-Pistons game at MSG.

God Bless TNT for their HD broadcasts.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Why would you guys prefer to be on a national broadcast when it's a sure thing you will lose to the best team in the NBA right now.

It would have been better to play the sorry Hornets and win than to play the hot Suns and lose.

Just my opinion.

Wouldn't be a weekend without a smart-ass comment from a fallen fan.

Welcome back, LG.

BTW, I have to give you some credit. I didn't hear you bitch and whine about the most advertised game in the history of the NBA this past Christmas Day being a nationally broadcast Laker loss.