PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone: The Shadow

Wild Cobra
02-19-2008, 02:08 AM
I like my new T-Mobile Shadow ( http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Detail.aspx?device=939ad8e2-fca1-4167-83f8-49cd2dad0d39). I have had it for a week now, but I thought I would warn anyone thinking of buying one of a known bug. I wasn't aware of it until after I bought it. Anyway, I went to set the alarm daily for a certain time as I was in need of a daily reminder of something. After I went to turn the alarm off, it would still, every day, go off. The daily alarm, once set, goes off every day, forever!

Supposable, a software fix will be available, but I'm not holding my breath. Just today, I did a complete "restore to default." It was about a 5 minute process. I'm hoping that this also turned off the daily alarm.

Anyway, it is still the only phone I want from what I have seen. It has a nice sized LCD screen which is larger than most at about 1.6" x 2.1", slider rather than flip or open key, and has a 2 megapixil camera (1600 x 1200). When I pull up the devise info, it has the following of interest:

CPU: TI OMAP850
Speed: 201 MHZ
RAM: 128 MB
Flash: 256 MB
Display Resolution 240 x 320
Colors: 65536

It is an Internet Ready phone, and the display also tells me if a WiFi is available or not. It comes with Explorer, Acrobat Reader, Excel, Word, Power Point, Windows Media Player, Messenger, etc. It will hold a 4GB micro SD card. I have a 2GB in mine that I bough last year for my shelved T629.

Oh... It's a nice phone too. Also described as a "Quad-Band World Phone."

ShoogarBear
02-19-2008, 02:10 AM
The daily alarm, once set, goes off every day, forever!:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao