PDA

View Full Version : Will Spurs have enough time to turn around the team defense like previous years?

Phil Hellmuth
02-19-2008, 01:06 PM
what do you guys think?

Kori Ellis
02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I think they are already starting to turn it around. After spending most of the season in the middle of the pack (or even worse) in FG% defense, over the last five games they are around 6th in the league, I believe.

Ghost Writer
02-19-2008, 01:11 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87491

Solid D
02-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes, by 1) shortening the rotation and 2) being relatively injury-free the rest of the way. Yes, they have time...that is.

Now, can they get past the other teams in the West? I'm not sure about that. Other trades loom. It's difficult to say with certainty how the playoffs will go.

The Lakers are extremely strong now and they have excellent depth and defense. Gasol is a huge difference-maker and when Bynum gets back full-strength, it will take all the Spurs can muster to win playoff games against them. I see them as the toughest opponent now, in the West.

New Orleans is tough but not as deep. Golden State is crazy good but they can't defend Duncan.

A Shaq/Nash screen roll is also formidable. J-Kidd, Josh and Dirk is an incredible Big 3 to get past.

This year will be a tougher trip, starting with round 1.

SenorSpur
02-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Depends upon whether they can do one of the following:

A. Magically turn Elson's performance around
B. Acquire another rim-protector like Diop
C. Get another lock-down wing player like Artest