PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of this "Kobe cannot lead a team" BS

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Take a look at the supporting cast Kobe has had from the 2005 and 2006 seasons. Name one player in the NBA that could have taken those players any further than Kobe did. The fact that he managed to make the playoffs twice in the WC is amazing.

The fact of the matter is Kobe did the best he could with what he had. No amount of "leadership" skills would have taken those players anywhere. They just didn't have the talent at the time. Now, 3-4 years later we are seeing how Kobe can lead when given talent. The players who were scrubs 3-4 years ago are developing into very solid role players. Turiaf, Farmar, Vujacic, Bynum, and even Luke Walton have all become very good role players. The Lakers now have the #3 record in the WC and would most likely be atop the WC had Bynum never went down.

The point I'm trying to get across is that Kobe CAN lead a team when he has talent. Without talent there is nothing you can do.

monosylab1k
02-19-2008, 03:05 PM
nobody cares, Jeff.

please go back to posting as SpursDynasty.

stretch
02-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi Jeff.

JamStone
02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
I like Kobe but I agree with mono. No one cares about this topic at the moment. Who's even talking about Kobe leading his team? Why did you start this topic now? Mad that the Lakers Gasol trade is not being talked about enough anymore? Lakers and their fans are attention whores.

Reggie Miller
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I cannot lead a team because I am not a professional basketball player. In other words, I cannot lead professionals no matter how good or bad the team might be, because I cannot command the respect of professional basketball players.

Similarly, Kobe has no leadership skills. How good or bad the Lakers may or may not be is totally irrelevant. He cannot command the respect of other professional basketball players.

Is that clear enough?

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 03:36 PM
So why is it that Pat Riley, the master motivator, dropped Smush Parker like a bad habit after only a few months?

Chucky Atkins, Brian Cook, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker - these players will soon drop off the NBA radar entirely. Kobe's issues as a leader had more to do with the fact that his supporting cast didn't have talent and weren't mentally strong.

Dazed&Confused
02-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Who am I? Where am I?

BobcatsDynasty
02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Who am I? Where am I?
We are not the same person. Can we just talk some damn basketball?

ancestron
02-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Bobcats dynasty!!! you resurface!!! I am your biggest fan dude!!!
You always post the posts you're supposed to post!!!

TheNextGen
02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Dude..who cares...Kobe is awesome...we all know that. Noone expected to do anyhting with a bunch of scrubs.

get over it.

ApolloCreed
02-19-2008, 03:57 PM
So why is it that Pat Riley, the master motivator, dropped Smush Parker like a bad habit after only a few months?

Chucky Atkins, Brian Cook, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker - these players will soon drop off the NBA radar entirely. Kobe's issues as a leader had more to do with the fact that his supporting cast didn't have talent and weren't mentally strong.

:rolleyes

Caron Butler says Hi.

So does Lamar Odom.

Kobayagi
02-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I miss new lakers/gasol threads too.

Rummpd
02-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Duncan would have taken them to 2nd round at least that is why Duncan is always and always will be far better than Kobe Bryant in the annals of the NBA when all is said and done.

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 09:36 PM
^^^ idiot of the year.

Duncan would have taken that team straight to the lottery for 3 straight seasons.

lefty
02-19-2008, 09:45 PM
^^^ idiot of the year.

Duncan would have taken that team straight to the lottery for 3 straight seasons.

Actually he's smart

Kobe is a piece of shit

Medvedenko
02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Who cares.....Kobe's a leader, tell me something I don't already know. Dazed, why post this stuff on a spurs forum. It doesn't even matter.

bostonguy
02-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi Jeff.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

SA Gunslinger
02-20-2008, 12:00 AM
^^^ idiot of the year.

The East All-Stars were doubling Tim in the All-Star game. That's what I call respect.

hater
02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Who cares.....Kobe's a leader, tell me something I don't already know. Dazed, why post this stuff on a spurs forum. It doesn't even matter.

maybe because he's dazed and confused?

dallaskd
02-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Jeff was forced to jump on the Lakers bandwagon after the Gasol trade.

anakha
02-20-2008, 12:44 AM
To Jeff's credit, he still has the balls to show up as his alternate identity after already being outed by several people, including timvp. :lol

DazedAndConfused
02-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Um nobody outed me you fucktard. Just because somebody says I am this SpursDynasty retard doesn't mean I am him. You need facts to prove something like that, something an internet KJ like yourself never has.

anakha
02-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Um nobody outed me you fucktard. Just because somebody says I am this SpursDynasty retard doesn't mean I am him. You need facts to prove something like that, something an internet KJ like yourself never has.

Oooh, somebody's mad about his secret identity being exposed. :lol

mavsfan1000
02-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Kobe cannot lead a team...

Medvedenko
02-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Kobe cannot lead a team...

Good one.

duncan228
02-20-2008, 01:34 AM

This is all the fact I need.

I can guarantee you that after this season the hits will drop off significantly as the Spurs fade into the distance. They won't win another title with the big 3 after this season.

Thanks for your input, SpursDynasty.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87563&page=2

DazedAndConfused
02-20-2008, 02:31 AM
Who the fuck is timVP and why should I care what he says? If he is a moderator and actually believes I am SpursDynasty he is even dumber than you are.

z0sa
02-20-2008, 02:34 AM
^^^ idiot of the year.

if you honestly believe that, the credibility of your supposed knowledge of basketball is in serious jeopardy.

Duncan led teams dont miss the playoffs. Period.

I would go as far to say that they dont lose in the first round, but of course tim has lost in the first round, just never on consecutive years.

z0sa
02-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Who the fuck is timVP and why should I care what he says? If he is a moderator and actually believes I am SpursDynasty he is even dumber than you are.

he can see your ip address so if you are really spursdynasty, he will know for sure.

SA Gunslinger
02-20-2008, 02:37 AM
I would go as far to say that they dont lose in the first round, but of course tim has lost in the first round, just never on consecutive years.

Tim Duncan has never lost in the first round.

duncan228
02-20-2008, 02:37 AM

Timvp owns SpursTalk. With Kori, you may have heard of her.
If he says you're the same poster it's going to be taken as fact.

DazedAndConfused
02-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Well then this timVP is a complete idiot because there is no way in hell I am the same person as SpursDynasty or that we have the same IP address. I'll paypal you $100 if you can provide any sort of evidence to back that shit up. Fucking morons, man you guys are freaking obsessed with this SpursDynasty guy. You can't go 10 minutes without bringing his name up.

DazedAndConfused
02-20-2008, 02:44 AM

He's also had a superior supporting cast to anything Kobe has had to deal with. You put him on the '05 Lakers in place of Kobe and that team still doesn't make the playoffs.

anakha
02-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Well then this timVP is a complete idiot because there is no way in hell I am the same person as SpursDynasty or that we have the same IP address. I'll paypal you $100 if you can provide any sort of evidence to back that shit up. Fucking morons, man you guys are freaking obsessed with this SpursDynasty guy. You can't go 10 minutes without bringing his name up.

Ssshh, don't worry Jeff. We won't tell anybody your secret identity.

Just log back in as SpursDynasty every now and then, so it isn't as obvious. :lol

z0sa
02-20-2008, 03:56 AM

I knew this, for some reason I just thought we had lost in the first round his rookie year but of course we didnt.

Just goes to prove my point even further.

z0sa
02-20-2008, 03:57 AM

why are you being so defensive? If its not true, then you don't have anything to worry about. From the sound of your post though, you seem to be feeling guilty :lol

Magic_Johnson
02-20-2008, 04:24 AM
The point I'm trying to get across is that Kobe CAN lead a team when he has talent. Without talent there is nothing you can do.

yeah like in 2004 in the finals.
He tried to be the man the man with a talented team and he choked (not including game 2)

remingtonbo2001
02-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Well then this timVP is a complete idiot because there is no way in hell I am the same person as SpursDynasty or that we have the same IP address. I'll paypal you $100 if you can provide any sort of evidence to back that shit up.

No you won't. You're a tool.

Destructive outbursts are a sure sign of dishonesty.

At least the other Laker fans can claim allegence.

Your just a bandwagon reject.

ancestron
02-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey there was a Robert Smigel cartoon on Saturday Night Live several years ago called "Shaq and the Superlakers." Does anyone have it or know where to find? I only saw it once but it was funny as hell and haven't ever seen or heard of it since.
Magic Johnson from France's avatar up there reminded me of it.

DazedAndConfused.
02-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Im just posting the posts i am supposed to post.

RonMexico
02-20-2008, 11:52 AM
This is getting lame.

phyzik
02-20-2008, 12:06 PM
This is getting lame.

could have fooled me. I thought it was lame from the get go.

ancestron
02-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Im just posting the posts i am supposed to post.

No surprises here. Another fluke post.

DazedAndConfused
02-20-2008, 12:09 PM
yeah like in 2004 in the finals.
He tried to be the man the man with a talented team and he choked (not including game 2)

LOL, making the NBA Finals is not an accomplishment in and of itself? We still beat the shit out of your sorry ass Spurs, but I bet you've blocked that out of your memory banks entirely.

He gave his teammates a chance to win an NBA Championship and that is all you can ask for from a leader.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-20-2008, 12:24 PM
LOL, making the NBA Finals is not an accomplishment in and of itself? We still beat the shit out of your sorry ass Spurs, but I bet you've blocked that out of your memory banks entirely.

He gave his teammates a chance to win an NBA Championship and that is all you can ask for from a leader.Jesus! Why don't you marry the fucker already?? You obviously are meant for each other. Kobe enjoys occasionally raping women, and you're obviously a little bitch that enjoys getting raped, evidenced by the huge one you're getting in this thread :rolleyes

O-Factor
02-20-2008, 12:35 PM
^^^ idiot of the year.

WTF??? You have proved your idiocy with this statement. You really don't have a clue about basketball do you? Dazed and Confused is the perfect name for you.

When Kobe has lead a team to a championship, like Duncan has 4 times over, Like Shaq has 3 times with the Lakers, like Jordan did 6 times with the Bulls, When he shows the leadership skills possesed by Nash, Lebron, Garnett, THEN and ONLY THEN can you claim Kobe is a leader of men. Untill then, fuck off.

ElNono
02-20-2008, 12:47 PM
He gave his teammates a chance to win an NBA Championship and that is all you can ask for from a leader.

Wait, I thought you were talking about Kobe, not Shaq

DazedAndConfused
02-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Kobe and Shaq were equally important in winning those 3 championships. Without either one LAL wouldn't have won.

RonMexico
02-20-2008, 12:55 PM
could have fooled me. I thought it was lame from the get go.

Well, just SchitzoDynasty creating so many damn threads about the Lakers is getting lame.

This one is, as you said, lame from the start.

Spuradicator
02-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Kobe and Shaq were equally important in winning those 3 championships. Without either one LAL wouldn't have won.

No, Shaq was more important dumbass and you'd be saying the exact opposite had LA gotten rid of Kobe instead of Shaq. Kobe was a piece to the puzzle, but Shaq was the reason LA won those 3 titles.

ancestron
02-20-2008, 03:36 PM
I found it! I guess it was MAD TV not SNL.
IglgqvWYO-Q

DazedAndConfused
02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
No, Shaq was more important dumbass and you'd be saying the exact opposite had LA gotten rid of Kobe instead of Shaq. Kobe was a piece to the puzzle, but Shaq was the reason LA won those 3 titles.

Nope. Both were equally important.

z0sa
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM

thats why shaq won ALL 3 finals MVP's huh. without shaq, that team is lottery bound for 8 straight seasons and not just the last three :lol :lol

you should learn your own team's RECENT history at least.

Medvedenko
02-20-2008, 04:53 PM
thats why shaq won ALL 3 finals MVP's huh. without shaq, that team is lottery bound for 8 straight seasons and not just the last three :lol :lol

Well, if you watched those games or runs you probably didn't watch the 4th quarters when Shaq was out of the game due to shitty FT's or in foul trouble and on the bench. Shaq was about 60% to Kobe's 40%. In some series it would have been 60% Kobe and 40% Shaq..but overall that's how I'd rate it. Shaq was a beast back then.

LakeShow
02-20-2008, 05:19 PM

He won 3 Finals MVP's because the east had no one to even slow him down. It was during the Western conference playoffs where Kobe showed his worth to the team. Without him, Shaq has no Finals mvp's.

"I told Kobe that he was my idol," O'Neal said. "I'm serious. He's playing phenomenal. I think he's the best player in the league, by far."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2001/playoffs/news/2001/05/19/lakers_spurs_ap/

mavsfan1000
02-20-2008, 05:32 PM
I found it! I guess it was MAD TV not SNL.
IglgqvWYO-Q
:lmao

dallaskd
02-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Funniest video ever :lol

dallaskd
02-20-2008, 06:46 PM

Can't Kori maybe see if yall have the same I.P.

Medvedenko
02-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Can't Kori maybe see if yall have the same I.P.

Who the fuck cares if this guy is another poster. Big woop.

ancestron
02-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Don't be rapin'