PDA

View Full Version : lol, seriously guys, who do you worry about now?

bull62400
02-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Honestly, the only true contender I see are the Pistons and the Spurs. I don't see Shaq contributing as much as marion and i dont see Jason Kidd contributing as much as Diop and Harris. I give the Lakers as a close #3 contender, only because Gasol hasn't shown much success in the playoffs. we will see, but i see the silver and black on top again this year, what do ya'll think?

Oh yea, im not buying the boston bandwagon. pistons will take them in 6, eastern conference finals.

ludda
02-19-2008, 03:19 PM
the deadline isn't here yet. Ill have an opinion when the teams are pretty much settled for sure. Who knows Suns and Mavs are probably looking to fill the holes they've created. And I think Boston is legit.

bull62400
02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
the deadline isn't here yet. Ill have an opinion when the teams are pretty much settled for sure. Who knows Suns and Mavs are probably looking to fill the holes they've created. And I think Boston is legit.

true, i may be a little pre-mature, but i think making trades to stop duncan shouldn't be top priority. i think shaq and kidd will ruin chemistry, esp. pheonix. As far as Boston, i think they would contend very well in the west, but the fact that they are in the east is the reason why they are 41-9. just my opinion.

SAGambler
02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Well, I suppose we'll just have to see how it all plays out. But, like you, I don't see Shaq helping the Suns against the Spurs. Hell, he could be back having more surgery by then.

Lakers...Hard to say... Who knows when Bynum comes back and how effective he will be. Regardless, with Kobe having to either have surgery or play with tremendous pain in that hand, may be the biggest denominator in whether the Lakers are solid, or whether they may have slid completely out of contention.

I like the matchup with the Mavs much better if they ship Diop and Harris out. It may make them better as a whole, but I think it hurts them against the Spurs.

I think the east is going to be controlled by the Pistons also. I believe it is theirs to lose, much like they did last year.

Of course we need to get Tony back to prime, and everyone else stay healthy. But if we can do that, I certainly like our chances. In fact, looking at the schedules, we could be atop the heap after the next 5 games. I would certainly like the Spurs to start off the rest of the season with a 13 or so winning streak. If they could do that, you will start to hear Barkley get back on the Spurs wagon to repeat.

bull62400
02-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Well, I suppose we'll just have to see how it all plays out. But, like you, I don't see Shaq helping the Suns against the Spurs. Hell, he could be back having more surgery by then.

Lakers...Hard to say... Who knows when Bynum comes back and how effective he will be. Regardless, with Kobe having to either have surgery or play with tremendous pain in that hand, may be the biggest denominator in whether the Lakers are solid, or whether they may have slid completely out of contention.

I like the matchup with the Mavs much better if they ship Diop and Harris out. It may make them better as a whole, but I think it hurts them against the Spurs.

I think the east is going to be controlled by the Pistons also. I believe it is theirs to lose, much like they did last year.

Of course we need to get Tony back to prime, and everyone else stay healthy. But if we can do that, I certainly like our chances. In fact, looking at the schedules, we could be atop the heap after the next 5 games. I would certainly like the Spurs to start off the rest of the season with a 13 or so winning streak. If they could do that, you will start to hear Barkley get back on the Spurs wagon to repeat.

I think if the spurs do a little better on defense, we will be on top for sure. :elephant

ancestron
02-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Spurs - Pistons rematch

Xylus
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Spurs
Pistons
Lakers
Suns
Celtics
Mavs

All of these teams are legitimate contenders right now, and the differences in quality will be minimal come playoff time.

Obstructed_View
02-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Dallas just fucked themselves. The only team I'm worried about now is the Spurs. This is their repeat to choke away.

Medvedenko
02-19-2008, 06:26 PM
OV....serioulsy, choke away....there a lot of contenders in each conference.

Shank
02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
I would suggest that the other 29 teams just pack it up for the season and look forward to next year. I mean - the fucking Spurs are just so dominant that no one even has a fighting chance to hang with them. It's sad, really. The NBA season was once so promising but now it's been taken away from all the guys that come out there each day, hoping to compete. Guess it's only baseball now until NFL training camps kick up.

Solid D
02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Lakers
Celts
Pistons...

would be teams I think the Spurs would have to play at their best level to win 4 games.

Obstructed_View
02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
OV....serioulsy, choke away....there a lot of contenders in each conference.
Just keep telling yourself that between your chants of "Pau is a winner. Pau is a winner". :lol

mardigan
02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Utah
Suns
Mavs
Lakers
Pistons
Celtics
And maybe the Hornets

Obstructed_View
02-19-2008, 06:40 PM
I would suggest that the other 29 teams just pack it up for the season and look forward to next year. I mean - the fucking Spurs are just so dominant that no one even has a fighting chance to hang with them. It's sad, really. The NBA season was once so promising but now it's been taken away from all the guys that come out there each day, hoping to compete. Guess it's only baseball now until NFL training camps kick up.
Your team should certainly pack it up or start praying for injuries to the four, maybe five teams that are now better than they are. They just slammed their own window shut.

Allanon
02-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Lakers/Spurs West vs Celtics/Pistons East

Lakers? Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Bryant Fisher...Best NBA 5 player lineup
Spurs? Champs and it's always good to have Duncan on your team
Boston? KG in the paint, Pierce slashing, Ray Allen spreading the floor
Pistons? Rip, Prince, Chauncy, Sheed. Best 4 Player lineup in the NBA

No Mavs? They don't have a post presence..live and die by the jumpshot
No Suns? They gave up their blue-collar guy who cleaned up all the missed shots
No Jazz? They lack a proven go-to guy in crunch time.

Dark Horses
Hornets, Warriors, Rockets - Any of these teams are lethal if they get on a roll.

Shank
02-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Your team should certainly pack it up or start praying for injuries to the four, maybe five teams that are now better than they are. They just slammed their own window shut.

Yeah, I'll forward your message to the Mavs front office to see if they would want to follow the advice of "Obstructed View from Spurstalk". I'm sure they'll take it to heart. Odd are good, though, they'll tell you to go choke on a cock.

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I'll forward your message to the Mavs front office to see if they would want to follow the advice of "Obstructed View from Spurstalk". I'm sure they'll take it to heart. Odd are good, though, they'll tell you to go choke on a cock.

Odds are he already is.

Pistons < Spurs
02-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Spurs - Pistons rematch
please God please!!!

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 06:56 PM
please God please!!!

Why so you can set another NBA record for lowest TV ratings?

FromWayDowntown
02-19-2008, 06:59 PM

Ratings!!! Legitimacy is bound up in ratings!!

Pistons < Spurs
02-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Lakers---questionable pinky, and of course Bynums ability to return to form post injury. Best individual player. Best starting 5. Best bench.

Suns---still waiting to see how Shaq fits in ... but assuming he does, big trouble. Who does Tim guard in a frontcourt of Shaq and Amare..either way he faces foul trouble. And who guards the other? Oberto?????

Celtics---I would place my Pistons ahead of them as I' beleive they're the better team. But the Celts have one big advantage. Hunger. Passion and heart, lead by their emotional leader in KG. These guys really want it.

Pistons---More depth. More experience. But are we there mentally? The last 2 years have shown mental breakdowns. Too nonchalant at times, not respecting their opponents.

Jazz---my favorite big man/ little man combo w/ Boozer and Williams. Kirelenko, Okur, Millsap, Korver, Brewer, Miles Harpring and maybe a call up of Almond. Solid squad who was one series away from the Finals last year.

Pistons < Spurs
02-19-2008, 07:07 PM
So I can change my screen name!!!

But fuck ratings. Biased or not, the Spurs-Pistons were by far the best Finals I've watched in a long ass time IMO.

duncan228
02-19-2008, 07:11 PM

:lol

I'm with you, I would love nothing more than another 7 game series with the Pistons.
This time I think every game would be a nail biter.

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 07:11 PM

But fuck ratings. Biased or not, the Spurs-Pistons were by far the best Finals I've watched in a long ass time IMO.

I'll give you that. These past couple Finals have been a snore fest.

remingtonbo2001
02-19-2008, 07:24 PM
I'll give you that. These past couple Finals have been a snore fest.

Then by all means...go back to hibernation.

SPURS v PISTONS Rematch :hungry:

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-19-2008, 08:46 PM

I'd love to see another Spurs/Pistons Finals...especially after they were the only two teams to keep their core talent intact this year.

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Celtics coming out of the EC. They are just as good as the Pistons and more importantly they want it more.

DubMcDub
02-19-2008, 09:18 PM

Your username could not be any more apt.

Obstructed_View
02-19-2008, 10:14 PM
They are certainly the experts on that.

Obstructed_View
02-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Your username could not be any more apt.
How exactly did the Mavericks improve by getting a 35 year old point guard who can rebound but can neither shoot nor defend? Mark Cuban got to trade players again and make the news. Enjoy leading on ESPNews for a week. I'll watch the Morning News for the parade schedule.

LazinessThievery
02-19-2008, 10:17 PM
They are certainly the experts on that.

Burn...

bostonguy
02-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Honestly, the only true contender I see are the Pistons and the Spurs. I don't see Shaq contributing as much as marion and i dont see Jason Kidd contributing as much as Diop and Harris. I give the Lakers as a close #3 contender, only because Gasol hasn't shown much success in the playoffs. we will see, but i see the silver and black on top again this year, what do ya'll think?

Oh yea, im not buying the boston bandwagon. pistons will take them in 6, eastern conference finals.

While I dont have a problem with you predicting a Spurs/Pistons finals, for you to call them the only 2 true contenders in the league is laughable. You dont need to be a fan of Boston, but you are clearly blinded by your hate if you dont think the Celtics are for real. If you truly dont consider Boston as a legit threat to win it all this year, what have the Pistons done to deserve that praise? When they hired Larry Brown they made the finals both years he was there. Since LB bolted they havent made it since.

What exactly have the Flip Saunders Pistons proven in the playoffs? Losing in the Eastern Conference Finals. Yeah they have 5 players who have a ring from 2004 but coach Brown was a HUGE reason for that. At the moment, Flip Saunders Pistons have proven themselves more than the Celtics mainly because this is Boston's first year with this current team. All in all the Flip Saunders Pistons havent earned the right to be praised that much higher than the Celtics.

Obstructed_View
02-19-2008, 10:30 PM
While I dont have a problem with you predicting a Spurs/Pistons finals, for you to call them the only 2 true contenders in the league is laughable. You dont need to be a fan of Boston, but you are clearly blinded by your hate if you dont think the Celtics are for real. If you truly dont consider Boston as a legit threat to win it all this year, what have the Pistons done to deserve that praise? When they hired Larry Brown they made the finals both years he was there. Since LB bolted they havent made it since.

What exactly have the Flip Saunders Pistons proven in the playoffs? Losing in the Eastern Conference Finals. Yeah they have 5 players who have a ring from 2004 but coach Brown was a HUGE reason for that. At the moment, Flip Saunders Pistons have proven themselves more than the Celtics mainly because this is Boston's first year with this current team. All in all the Flip Saunders Pistons havent earned the right to be praised that much higher than the Celtics.
Gotta agree with that to an extent. The Celtics look pretty damn good to me. The guys everybody predicted were going to be a weakness look pretty tough. If they stay healthy they have offensive firepower and play tough D. They should be able to hold their own.

m33p0
02-19-2008, 10:43 PM
i don't worry about what other teams can do. they do their stuff, spurs do their stuff. its a matter of who is able to impose their will better.

i'm more worried about elson. will he be able to pull it together enough come playoff time or will the spurs trade him before the deadline? okay, so i'm not worried. more like hopeful.

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 10:55 PM
At the end of this season the Spurs and Pistons won't be able to play the playoff experience card anymore. Celtics are coming out of the EC, Lakers coming out of the WC.

The Spurs will not win this year because their offense is beyond pathetic. It is absolutely unwatchable. Chuck 3's and stand around and watch Tim Duncan ISO. That's all they do.

bostonguy
02-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Celtics---I would place my Pistons ahead of them as I' beleive they're the better team. But the Celts have one big advantage. Hunger. Passion and heart, lead by their emotional leader in KG. These guys really want it.

Celts also have the superstar advantage as well. KG brings that versatility and passion but Pierce is the go to guy in the 4th. He is so underrated and he is more than capable on taking over games ala Wade/Lebron. No I am not saying he is anywhere near the level of those 2 but he can take over games like they can. He can drive and get to the foul line at will. He has also had his clutch moments. This year we will get to see more of that as this is the best help he has ever had to help put him in this situation.

Going to be an interesting postseason.

spursfan09
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM
At the end of this season all the Spurs and Pistons won't be able to spout the playoff inexperience mantra they seem to love. Celtics are coming out of the EC. The Spurs are definitely not going to, they have one of the most pathetic and miserable looking offenses I've ever seen. It's damn near unwatchable.

Then don't watch it.

Pistons < Spurs
02-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Celts also have the superstar advantage as well. KG brings that versatility and passion but Pierce is the go to guy in the 4th. He is so underrated and he is more than capable on taking over games ala Wade/Lebron. No I am not saying he is anywhere near the level of those 2 but he can take over games like they can. He can drive and get to the foul line at will. He has also had his clutch moments. This year we will get to see more of that as this is the best help he has ever had to help put him in this situation.

Going to be an interesting postseason.
I agree that you may have the superstar advantage in regards to geting whistles and going to the foul line...

But I'll also argue that KG's biggest flaw has been not stepping up and being THE guy at the end of the games. He's always been too selfless. Refused to be THE MAN in the playoffs.

The bonus for the Celts is, that Pierce isn't scared to be that player.

bostonguy
02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
At the end of this season the Spurs and Pistons won't be able to play the playoff experience card anymore. Celtics are coming out of the EC, Lakers coming out of the WC.

The Spurs will not win this year because their offense is beyond pathetic. It is absolutely unwatchable. Chuck 3's and stand around and watch Tim Duncan ISO. That's all they do.

Beyond pathetic. Really Jeff? I would say it has been inconsistent but they are certainly more than capable of scoring their share of points.

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Beyond pathetic. Really Jeff? I would say it has been inconsistent but they are certainly more than capable of scoring their share of points.

For a championship contender if is pathetic. I think they scored 34 pts in the 1st half today. Clearly a 100% Parker improves things dramatically, but if he cannot come back 100% I don't think the Spurs make it out of the tough tough WC.

bostonguy
02-19-2008, 11:13 PM
I agree that you may have the superstar advantage in regards to geting whistles and going to the foul line...

But I'll also argue that KG's biggest flaw has been not stepping up and being THE guy at the end of the games. He's always been too selfless. Refused to be THE MAN in the playoffs.

The bonus for the Celts is, that Pierce isn't scared to be that player.

KG isnt that type of player. That is why Pierce really helps with that. KG didnt want the ball late in the games during his time in Minny. The reason he even got to advance in 04 was thanks to Cassell/Spree carrying that team.

Look KG is an awesome player and plays with heart but he isnt a natural born leader. That isnt who he is and he will never be that type of player. He is vital to our team but I think not having the pressure of needing to be the man really helps. I said once we landed KG, Paul Pierce is still the go to guy in the 4th. See even I watched KG during his t-puppy days. :)

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 11:14 PM
The Celts have KG, RA, and PP to rely on in the clutch. They have proven this season to be very good in 4th quarters. It's not going to be a problem.

bostonguy
02-19-2008, 11:17 PM
For a championship contender if is pathetic. I think they scored 34 pts in the 1st half today. Clearly a 100% Parker improves things dramatically, but if he cannot come back 100% I don't think the Spurs make it out of the tough tough WC.

A limping parker means season over. I agree on that. However, I refuse to think 1 game is going to mean that is how they will play come postseason time.

You or me wont know how they will perform on both ends until the playoffs actually start and progress. They can play the best ball ever the next 2 months and it wont mean a god damn thing when round 1 game 1 begins.

:)

bostonguy
02-19-2008, 11:18 PM
The Celts have KG, RA, and PP to rely on in the clutch. They have proven this season to be very good in 4th quarters. It's not going to be a problem.

Hey I wont complain tho if it is Celts/Lakers. I could give 2 shits about ratings on why I want it. It would be a great series worth watching and revive a little of the 80's atmosphere dejavu.

:)

LavaLamp
02-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Your team should certainly pack it up or start praying for injuries to the four, maybe five teams that are now better than they are.

Just an aside, I think if voodoo really worked we'd have seen evidence of it in the NBA by now.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-19-2008, 11:22 PM
the Lakers and Suns are going to be HUGE problems

or have people forgot Shaq's playoff record against the Spurs?

hater
02-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Utah is my major concern for Spurs. all the other teams are pretenders.

hsxvvd
02-20-2008, 03:04 AM
I fear the Clippers as much as I fear anybody.

4 championships people ... we are allowed to be confident!

z0sa
02-20-2008, 04:40 AM

considering the team you root for and their plethora of injuries right now, you should pay close attention to your own words.

Additionally, I would more than just enjoy a spurs-lakers rematch. Theres nothing like beating the lakers in the playoffs to me :toast