PDA

View Full Version : Ludden: Spurs After Josh Childress

CaptainLate
02-19-2008, 04:24 PM
< The San Antonio Spurs are most interested in getting Tony Parker back in the lineup and seeing what their roster looks like at full strength. But with a couple of expiring contracts of their own, most notably that of Brent Barry, they've also actively looked for additional help. The Spurs were in the Kyle Korver talks with Philadelphia, but didn’t want to give up a first-round pick. They also talked to the Atlanta Hawks about Josh Childress, but were quickly rebuffed.

With Shaquille O’Neal now in Phoenix and Yao Ming’s Houston Rockets coming on strong, the Spurs also might be in the market for more size. >

•KYLE KORVER, SF, JAZZ: All you really need to know about the Dec. 29 trade that made Korver a member of the Jazz was the fact it made the Spurs' basketball operations department very upset. His ability to spread the floor with his long-range shooting has made things easier for Utah's All-Star power forward, Carlos Boozer. The Jazz are 18-3 since acquiring him. That makes him more than an unsung All-Star. He's Jazz's unsung MVP.

Was Korver worth a first rounder? If so, then the trigger should have been pulled and we wouldn't be needing any more pieces this year.

whottt
02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
No...he wasn't worth a first rounder. He doesn't fill a need at all...he's a good shooter and that's about it. Glad the Spurs didn't' trade for Korver.

duncan228
02-19-2008, 04:33 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87538

nkdlunch
02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
No...he wasn't worth a first rounder. He doesn't fill a need at all...he's a good shooter and that's about it. Glad the Spurs didn't' trade for Korver.

I agree. he reminds me of Keith VanHorn

AFBlue
02-19-2008, 04:54 PM
but were quickly rebuffed

Spurs will probably make overtures for alot of young talent, but that doesn't mean they have the assets to make a legitimate offer for them.

urunobili
02-19-2008, 04:55 PM
is for sure that barry won't make it back?

midgetonadonkey
02-19-2008, 04:58 PM
They should only trade for him if he agrees to do away with the 'fro and get cornrows instead.

BacktoBasics
02-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Chip is shitting his pants at the thought of bringing this guy in.

timvp
02-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Chip is shitting his pants at the thought of bringing this guy in.:lol of the day.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Wait, the sticking point over Korver was a first round pick? That the Spurs would probably just end up trading away to save cap space anyway? WTF?

DazedAndConfused
02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Korver would have been a good pickup. The guy is a solid rotation player in just about any system. He could have replaced Barry, who is now injured.

pad300
02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Korver would have been a good pickup. The guy is a solid rotation player in just about any system. He could have replaced Barry, who is now injured.

I wouldn't have given up a 1st for Korver...

Barry
http://www.82games.com/0708/07SAS7A.HTM

Korver
http://www.82games.com/0708/07PHI8A.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0708/07UTA8A.HTM

He shoots worse than Barry, he's not as good a passer, would be completely unfamiliar with the D. He's a very one dimensional player, being no better than Barry defensively, and unable to match Brent's passing or ability to be an alternate ball-handler. His contract isn't that much cheaper than Barry's, and goes on until 09/10 (last year is a player option).

smeagol
02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
I agree. he reminds me of Keith VanHorn

Actually, he reminds me of Ashton Kucher . . .

ludda
02-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Actually, he reminds me of Ashton Kucher . . .

a fucked up looking ashton kutcher

SenorSpur
02-19-2008, 09:01 PM
If the Spurs are going to burn a 1st round pick on a guy like that, he'd better be a more accomplished defender too.

CaptainLate
02-19-2008, 09:09 PM

He's a lot younger (10 yrs?) than Barry, and Utah has been burning it up since they acquired him.

Capt Bringdown
02-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Korver would have been able to help us spread the floor, just as he's doing with the Jazz.

Or maybe not. Shooter's have a tendency to wilt under Pop's "one mistake and you're out" coaching style.

First Scola, now this...a year of fumblerooski's for the Spurs FO.

bigfan
05-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Just thought Id dredge this up, was just watching that Childress, damn, that guy is good. Reminds me alot of Manu actually!

K-State Spur
05-02-2008, 10:08 PM
a fucked up looking ashton kutcher

isn't that just ashton kutcher?

SPARKY
05-02-2008, 10:31 PM
He'll be a RFA and there's no way the Hawks let him walk.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I believe the Hawks arent going to let him go. If I remember correctly he was picked about 4 years ago with a 5th pick in the first round and was the man over there before the other starts came over. He would probably be very costly, more so now the hawks are having a great postseason.

itzsoweezee
05-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Please, please, please let childress wind up with the spurs.

and as far as the hawks go, they've got a lot of free agents this summer, if i remember correctly. i wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion.

on the other hand, he's probably out of the spurs' price range.

BiZNicK
05-03-2008, 01:23 AM
lol korver is overrated. All he does is shoot 3's, and not even that good at that. And wtf is up with the whole "pure" shooter description ppl give him? A "pure" shooter would shoot 100%.

WildcardManu
05-03-2008, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't mind him or Josh Smith in silver and black.

WildcardManu
05-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Hell I'd take Joe Johnson over Childress and Smith.

pawe
05-03-2008, 02:14 AM
pure shooter = a player who doesn't defend, pass, run and only intends to shoot

Steve_Javie
05-03-2008, 02:52 AM
Childress can get up!!!

Steve_Javie
05-03-2008, 02:54 AM
Hell I'd take Joe Johnson over Childress and Smith.

el oh el.

of course you would. roffle.

Sexy Stud 28
05-03-2008, 04:38 AM
That would be a dream come true if we could land Josh Childress. I have been watching him play and he got ups!!! I like his rebounding and his quickness and hops. And I LOVE THA FRO!!!

Danny.Zhu
05-03-2008, 05:36 AM
That would be a dream come true if we could land Josh Childress. I have been watching him play and he got ups!!! I like his rebounding and his quickness and hops. And I LOVE THA FRO!!!

support

AFBlue
05-03-2008, 08:53 AM
If any of you think that the Hawks are going to break up the team that has them one win away from beating the team with the best record in the NBA....you're nuts.

Childress and Smith will get re-upped, no matter what the price. Hell, they might even try to sign Bibby to an extension.

wildbill2u
05-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Atlanta has been blessed with a surfeit of good SF swingmen for the last couple of years and the Spurs have made a run at them before with no result.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-03-2008, 10:14 AM
I was reading today that the Maccabi Elite team has advanced to the Euroleague finals and will face Moscow CSKA on Sunday. I thought I could mention that Esteban Batista who played for Atlanta 2 years ago and was included in the pre-season list with Boston is playing for Maccabi Tel Aviv (bench). I remember he received an offer from the team while playing the pre-season with Boston and decided to go to Europe. If you remember in the pre-olympic tournament he was the only guy who could do anything against the US in the paint for his team.