PDA

View Full Version : Parker & Udrih combo is great

spur219
01-07-2005, 10:29 AM
This provides very good ball handling on the court especially when the game is close and you are trying to avoid costly turnovers. Besides not only do they have very good ball handlers out on the court but have the shooter in Beno Udrih. I said all along that this guy was gonna be a player and some of you guys dissed me. I know talent when I see it.

Rummpd
01-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Put Barry, Manu, and those two going small at times with Duncan and you have a heady great team vs. quick small teams.

If bigger = plug Horry in for awhile.

MadDoc

Mr. Body
01-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Beno is one of the major reason for this team's depth this year. He has been a true revelation.

boutons
01-07-2005, 12:29 PM
I found it too hard last night on long-shot TV views (degraded by expanding a crappy analog video from 4:3 to 16:9 stretched) to identify Beno/Brent because of the basically equivalent helmet hairdo's, a real problem from having too many white guards on the Spurs. I think I'll email The Pop Show to complain. :)

RobinsontoDuncan
01-07-2005, 04:28 PM
the nice duality of their inside/outside games would be a great asset in the playoffs, i thought that sweet pass from parker to beno for a three (even though beno missed) shows the two have developed some chemistry.

Dex
01-07-2005, 04:33 PM
When Parker and Udrih both play, who assumes the role of 1 and 2, or do they interchange?

The reason I ask is that Parker has always kind of been known as a shooting-point, whereas Beno is quickly making a name for himself as a more true point.

However, it seems Tony works better with the ball, penetrating and dishing, and Beno has proven, thus far, to be the more reliable shooter. So it almost makes more sense to keep Beno at the 2.

Or they could just constantly switch off and completely flabbergast opposing team's defenses. :)

picnroll
01-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Gives Spurs two different looks at PG at the same time. If the other team tries to zone Beno is more effective. If the other team plays man TP can penetrate. Pick your poison.

Slomo
01-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I found it too hard last night on long-shot TV views (degraded by expanding a crappy analog video from 4:3 to 16:9 stretched) to identify Beno/Brent because of the basically equivalent helmet hairdo's, a real problem from having too many white guards on the Spurs. I think I'll email The Pop Show to complain. :)
Don't worry the guy doing the highlights for nba.com always calls Beno Barry :) .

wildbill2u
01-07-2005, 05:54 PM
It can work and create some weird matchups for other teams.

ALVAREZ6
01-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Parker was doing whatever the hell he wanted last night, he wasn't gonna be stopped.

Solid D
01-07-2005, 07:43 PM
When Parker and Udrih both play, who assumes the role of 1 and 2, or do they interchange?

The reason I ask is that Parker has always kind of been known as a shooting-point, whereas Beno is quickly making a name for himself as a more true point.

However, it seems Tony works better with the ball, penetrating and dishing, and Beno has proven, thus far, to be the more reliable shooter. So it almost makes more sense to keep Beno at the 2.

Or they could just constantly switch off and completely flabbergast opposing team's defenses. :)

When they were in the same backcourt together last night, they changed out as to who entered the offense. They were interchangeable.

At the defensive end, they swapped around when they were in their man D. For a while, TP defended Reggie Miller while Beno defended Anthony Johnson and Jamal Tinsley. One time, the Spurs went to a 2-3 zone and TP had to cover the left baseline and he was beaten. Not so good on that trip.

When they were in there together, it wasn't that those 2 did all the scoring...the ball movement was excellent and the shots were there for the others.

SequSpur
01-07-2005, 07:46 PM
oh... great........now they are great...

whatever.

thispego
01-07-2005, 08:27 PM
^^^ Been sayin it all along