PDA

View Full Version : Justin Williams to Austin Toros?

tav1
02-20-2008, 12:24 AM
I didn't realize it on Saturday, but Justin Williams was waived by the Kings. He has real defensive potential and might be worth taking a look at for next season. Could the Toros sign him for the remainder of the season? I honestly think Williams could become a Diop-like rotation guy.

T Park
02-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Damn misleading titles.

I think his assault or whatever pending charges he has coming to him pretty much cancels him out for contention in the Spurs organisation.

whottt
02-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Damn misleading titles.

I think his assault or whatever pending charges he has coming to him pretty much cancels him out for contention in the Spurs organisation.

I thik he was already aquitted of those charges.

Hemotivo
02-20-2008, 12:40 AM
what about the "long 3" Fabricio Vay?

T Park
02-20-2008, 12:47 AM
I thik he was already aquitted of those charges.

Really? When was that.

whottt
02-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Really? When was that.

Justin Williams free of charges Updated 11/13/07

Williams, Justin PF SAC
News: Prosecutors have declined to file charges against Kings C Justin Williams over allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman. Their decision was based on a report by Sacramento police investigators, who found there was not enough evidence to support criminal charges. Prosecutors said releasing more information would harm Williams, the woman who said she was sexually assaulted and another woman who also was in the home at the time. Williams' attorney said the player and his girlfriend had consensual sex with the woman. Analysis: The 23-year-old Williams is in his second season with the Kings and averaged five points in 26 games last season. He was signed as a free agent in 2006 out of Wyoming.

T Park
02-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Awesome.

Curious though why the Kings would give up on such a promising big.

Gotta be smoke to that fire....

whottt
02-20-2008, 01:22 AM
Gotta be smoke to that fire....

I wouldn't automatically assume the Kings have their shit together.

T Park
02-20-2008, 01:25 AM
I dunno.

THey may or may not.

The guy looked damn good last April though...

whottt
02-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Well if you want to get technical about it....just the fact that he and his girlfriend had sex with a prostitute/groupie and everyone knows it, is probably enough to make the Spurs a little nervous about signing him...

As for the charges themselves...well the Kings have played him since they were dropped, ironically enough he had one of his best games just a few weeks ago.

I think the Kings basically had to waive him to do this trade...they may figure no one else is going to be interested in him, or they might indeed have given up on him. Kings fans aren't particularly thrilled with his realease though.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2008, 03:21 AM
I'm sure the Dakota Wizards would have first crack at signing Williams if he goes back to the D-League. I think the Toros are pretty low on the acquisition order list these days.