PDA

View Full Version : Espn Sucks!

mouse
02-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Not the San Antonio local sports show with Jason And Chris! The show Rocks! But the ESPN network and who ever has their head up their ass!

How can you not know your going to have a show In San Antonio? And if you did know? why would you be so unprepared?

Why would you not tell San Antonio ahead of time? Bill boards! TV radio etc.....

That is not why I am pissed! Chris Duel said on the radio today they won't have a website until April! what kind of shit is that? it takes maybe 6 hours to make a website!

And why won't Duel or Kori make a temp site they can pimp on the air for now?

I am getting tired of having to promote something that wants no part of my passion. I have tossed my last salad...........

If ESPN and Duel want to drag their ass then go ahead , but I will not be part of it anymore,.......................and that shit you can take to the bank. :wakeup

Pistons < Spurs
02-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Calm down.....take a deep breath.....It's just a radio show.

mouse
02-20-2008, 02:13 AM
Calm down.....take a deep breath.....It's just a radio show.

And your just a screen name? Never has this site supported a show like the ESPN radio show and we want professional service, but you being a Pistons fan maybe your sports radio is not worth supporting. If so? I understand your ignorance.

Mouse is in the house that alone deserves a wake up call.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/flame.gif

boutons_
02-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Wgaf?

Pistons < Spurs
02-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Mouse needs more hobbies.

Tree hugger
02-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Wgaf?

Me!

mouse
02-20-2008, 02:28 AM
Mouse needs more hobbies.

Good point I have free time...........PM me your sisters cell phone #

the one at the truck stop mens restroom is faded!

:wakeup

mouse
02-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Brah

I have a 12 pack of Rolling rock and a dime bag you really want to have a smack off?

:smokin

Tonto
02-20-2008, 02:37 AM
tonto not proud of
pale face e s p n

Tenacious D
02-20-2008, 02:44 AM
I have mouse's back!

Pick of Destiny
02-20-2008, 02:47 AM
No radio show survives without the mouse..................

duncan228
02-20-2008, 02:57 AM
MOUSE called in. That alone made the show a slam dunk. I've been doing radio in this town for over a Decade. Mouse is Radio GOLD. Mouse is a Radio GOD. If we wipe our asses for an hour and 57 minutes and MOUSE calls in for three minutes, it will have been a great show.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-20-2008, 03:02 AM
Nice new sig panorama, 228. :tu

I wish I could hear mouse on the radio... add live streaming to the list of stuff they've got to get their arse onto! :devil

duncan228
02-20-2008, 03:04 AM
Thanks Ruff.
J.T. made the banner for me with pics I sent him.
He gets the credit.

Duncan
02-20-2008, 03:04 AM
Mouse Rules!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/spurs-2.jpg

nacho
02-20-2008, 03:38 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/duncan-hell.jpg

duncan228
02-20-2008, 03:39 AM
Fire and Ice.
I like it.

nacho
02-20-2008, 04:01 AM
ESPN is cold as Ice................

nacho
02-20-2008, 04:03 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/ice-1.jpg

duncan228
02-20-2008, 04:08 AM
No radio show survives without the mouse..................

Taco
02-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Not the San Antonio local sports show with Jason And Chris! The show Rocks! But the ESPN network and who ever has their head up their ass!

Tony Montana: Why don't you try sticking your head up your ass? See if it fits.

02-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Mouse, after your weak effort with yesterday's call, and not to mention your retreat (read: hangup) when Dawn was fixing to remove your ass and show it to you, you need to reconsider calling anyone or anything out.

peewee's lovechild
02-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Mouse, after your weak effort with yesterday's call, and not to mention your retreat (read: hangup) when Dawn was fixing to remove your ass and show it to you, you need to reconsider calling anyone or anything out.

I need a transcript to what was said.

Bigzax
02-20-2008, 10:10 AM
I have tossed my last salad...........

Nooooooooooooooo!

TonyMontana
02-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Tony Montana: Why don't you try sticking your head up your ass? See if it fits.

taco, jou can be my lil friend...

BonnerDynasty
02-20-2008, 11:03 AM
It was pretty cool to hear them get the Spurs' #1 Stunna on the show last night.

2Blonde
02-20-2008, 02:01 PM
I have tossed my last salad...........

Nooooooooooooooo!

Never fret Bigzax, I'm sure he'll still toss your salad! :lol

PakiDan
02-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Never fret Bigzax, I'm sure he'll still toss your salad! :lol

... with hotwing sauce...

Mouse - you know I love you man.... but yesterday WAS week. A hangup? Mention me on the air and I will forgive you.

mouse
02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
I only hung up the phone out of fear I may say something to offend Dawn or bring the FCC down on Duel's show. One thing I won't settle for is Duel saying I went to the Mavs when they started winning. That is not true I went to the Mavs when they were sucking.

as you can see by the date of this topic.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/ex-spurs-1.jpg

I had to get as far away from flaky bandwagon back stabbing wannabe Spur fans like Dawn who love a player one day and curse him the next.

So out of respect for Mr.Duel I will not bring down the show any further with my 4th class out dated re-fried calls. I will visit the site once it is running.

And I wish Jason,Duel and Dawn the best. And the call screener /producer the man rocks! :tu

PeterBurns
02-20-2008, 07:05 PM

How can you not know your going to have a show In San Antonio? And if you did know? why would you be so unprepared?

Why would you not tell San Antonio ahead of time? Bill boards! TV radio etc.....

That is not why I am pissed! Chris Duel said on the radio today they won't have a website until April! what kind of shit is that? it takes maybe 6 hours to make a website!

I am getting tired of having to promote something that wants no part of my passion. I have tossed my last salad...........

If ESPN and Duel want to drag their ass then go ahead , but I will not be part of it anymore,.......................and that shit you can take to the bank. :wakeup

I'm not the type of person to ever say..."I told you so".
But.....I told you so.

Steve Perry
02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Peter Burns is Program Director material! :tu

dawn
02-20-2008, 10:22 PM
I love how because I have said and always said that Avery Johnson did not need his jersey retired, that makes me a BANDWAGON fan. Nothing against Avery, I just did not get it. I always thought BANDWAGON was jumping ship when your team sucked and moving to the next great thing...funny, that sounds kinda familiar to me for some reason.

I love Mouse because he will one day put you on a throne and kiss your ass, and the next kick the legs right out from under you so you come crashing down. I just found it funny I was being called a bandwagon fan by someone who jumped ship and banwagon fan'd it to the MAVS.. Luv ya Mouse!!! Keep the Track Smack logos coming!!!

Chris Duel
02-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm not the type of person to ever say..."I told you so".
But.....I told you so.

Peter,

Keep on predicting and keep on cackling.

One week in, the city abuzz, the blessing of Mouse...

I think we have momentum.

Someone told me your skinny little carpetbagger is even blogging about us and orchestrating fake phone calls to slam us.

Can you say FEAR?

Keep on underestimating us.

Keep on blogging about us. Just spell our name right.

We're here and we're from here, get used to it.

Game On.

Chris

SpurHonkey
02-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Peter,

Someone told me your skinny little carpetbagger is even blogging about us and orchestrating fake phone calls to slam us.

Can you say FEAR?

Game On.

Chris

I haven't heard Taylor mention your name or your station once. The fake phone calls I did hear, but only people who are very familiar with you and your life story would know he was talking about you. Outside of people who read this board, spursreport or Jakle's column, no one knows your show exists, which is what Peter's whole point is.

Chris Duel
02-20-2008, 11:32 PM
SpursHonkey,

I'll allow your point (although I disagree with it).

Stay tuned. Everyone will know our show exists.

Remember your take and write back in a few months.

Thank you for sharing.

Nice post count, by the way. Hmmmmm.

Chris

SpurHonkey
02-20-2008, 11:38 PM
SpursHonkey,

I'll allow your point (although I disagree with it).

Stay tuned. Everyone will know our show exists.

Remember your take and write back in a few months.

Thank you for sharing.

Nice post count, by the way. Hmmmmm.

Chris

Look, you already know I work in the ClearChannel building, and if you paid attention to the thread in which that was established, you would have read that I joined recently because people I work with IN the building were mentioning SpursTalk. I came on and saw Peter was a member and set up an account of my own.

If calling out my post count proves a point, I fail to see it.

On a completely unrelated note, I WILL concede you the point about having momentum. You most definately do. Hell, you landed a Spurs player less than 2 weeks after launching...it pissed some people off around here because it took them forever to get players.

Chris Duel
02-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Look, you already know I work in the ClearChannel building, and if you paid attention to the thread in which that was established, you would have read that I joined recently because people I work with IN the building were mentioning SpursTalk. I came on and saw Peter was a member and set up an account.

If calling out my post count proves something, i fail to see it.

On a completely unrelated note, I WILL concede you the point about having momentum. You most definately do. Hell, you landed a Spurs player less than 2 weeks after launching...it pissed some people off around here because it took them forever to get players.

SpurHonkey,

Now I remember who you are.

I have a hard time remembering the true identities of everyone.

I looked at the post count and saw 10 and I figured you were a troll. I was wrong. Anyone who has less posts than me in this forum is suspect in my book.

But to suggest that only SpursTalk, SpursReport and Jeanne Jakle readers have heard of our show doesn't ring true to me.

First of all, even if you were 100% accurate, I would be thrilled. SpursTalk and Jeanne Jakle readers make up a big segment of the radio listening audience in San Antonio. Admittedly, many of the SpursReport people seem to dislike me for whatever they think I might have done to diss them in 2002. Whatever. Radio people know that having people hate you is a huge asset - just ask Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern.

I do know I spent the past two months on KTSA promoting ESPN 1250 in Afternoon Drive and JACK-FM with its HUGE audience has been running 24/7 promos for weeks. I ran into a guy at CVS Pharmacy last night who said he listens and he heard about us on JACK-FM.

I accept, embrace and celebrate the underdog role.

It's fun.

I want to either WIN BIG or FAIL BIG. Anything in-between is boring. I've done both: with Charlie Parker we went to #1 25-54 in the market and months later with Chuck Booms we crashed and burned.

It doesn't matter to me, really.

But I do have a good feeling about this. Jason, Dawn and I have been given a platform to do our thing.

I have consciously and overtly solicited the ideas of SPORTS FANS in SpursTalk.com because I consider THEM our CORE AUDIENCE.

I consider MOUSE the quintessential RADIO CALLER. When I was back at WOAI, there were people there who wanted to block his calls. I thought they were insane (and I was right). Mouse is Radio Gold. I stand by that and I will sink or swim with that.

I love that after one week, the dude from North Texas on Ticket 760 is blogging about us and orchestrating fake calls. It's a kick.

We're in his head in one week.

As a Clear Channel insider, you have to admit that.

We're having fun and I think that shines through on our broadcasts.

If sports fans in San Antonio support us, I thank them and if they don't, we'll go away and if that happens, I will tell you and Peter Burns you were right.

But you know something, I don't think you are.

Let's see what happens.

It's Just A Ride - Bill Hicks

Chris

RashoFan
02-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Well, since I am "somewhat" famous on the internet...I will be promoting the ESPN 1250 channel and especially promoting the D.D. and J crew! I know people all over this city. The movement has begun!

RashoFan
02-21-2008, 12:18 AM
D.D. and J = Duel, Dawn and Jason
:toast

Pick of Destiny
02-21-2008, 12:23 AM
I love Mouse because he will one day put you on a throne and kiss your ass,

Don't confuse giving props when they are deserved kissing ass.

Speaking of kissing ass let's see how you treat Avery if he is ever on your show. I would love to here you tell him he needs to take his jersey off the rafters.

and the next kick the legs right out from under you

Don't confuse honest feedback when you deserve it as a bad thing.
Chris duel knows a true friend sometimes will tell you those jeans make your ass look big.

The little general deserves more than his jersey retired they should name a school after him.

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 12:24 AM
God Bless You, RashoFan!!!

One listener at a time.

Thank you for spreading the word.

Keep in touch and let us know how we can make the show better.

We're with you, we're from here.

Chris

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Peter,

Can you say FEAR?

Game On.

Chris

Fake phone calls are so weak. I remember when people did that to Don and Walter back in the day with the whole Chad's Mom thing.
I never quite understood that, but I can see how it happens.

Now Chris, relax.
The only thing I said was just like the Ticket. It's hard to get Advertising Funds dedicated to any sports station. Especially when it's a part of a cluster with larger stations.

Hell, I wish you guys did, because then, it would help our cause to get more marketing also!

Trust me. It's the same way with Mike Taylor. It's a very similar launch.
No billboards, TV...etc.

Personally, I check both shows out. And a lot of people will do that.
And the Underdog role is one that be feared, especially in the sports world....

Boise State Vs Oklahoma
NY Giants Vs New England
Appy St Vs Michigan
Sanity Vs Britany Spears

I mean, the guy who runs the biz side of the station is my old boss, who I am still close to.

So....Let's release the hounds.

What would be cool, is if down the road we could have a smack off between your listeners and ours......A turf war of sorts.

That could be epic......

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 12:35 AM
I love how because I have said and always said that Avery Johnson did not need his jersey retired, that makes me a BANDWAGON fan. Nothing against Avery, I just did not get it. I always thought BANDWAGON was jumping ship when your team sucked and moving to the next great thing...funny, that sounds kinda familiar to me for some reason.

I love Mouse because he will one day put you on a throne and kiss your ass, and the next kick the legs right out from under you so you come crashing down. I just found it funny I was being called a bandwagon fan by someone who jumped ship and banwagon fan'd it to the MAVS.. Luv ya Mouse!!! Keep the Track Smack logos coming!!!

I say more DAWN!

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Hey Chris, Both on at the same time.....Nice!

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 12:38 AM
This is like when you hear there's a fight going to happen in middle school and everyone crowds around......

ESPN topic starter
02-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Sanity Vs Britany Spears

:lmao

Please let me make the ESPN topics from now on.

Tenacious D
02-21-2008, 12:43 AM
This is like when you hear there's a fight going to happen in middle school and everyone crowds around......

The only difference is the Ticket is that kid that has a knife in his pocket.

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Fake phone calls are so weak.

Now Chris, relax.

So....Let's release the hounds.

What would be cool, is if down the road we could have a smack off between your listeners and ours......A turf war of sorts.

That could be epic......

Peter,

We agree on virtually everything:

Fake phone calls ARE weak. Your boy is doing them. I have never done them and never will.

Relax. I am oh, so relaxed. Want me to chant my mantra?

While a smack off between listeners is niiiiiiicccceeee, how about a smack off between us (or just me) and the boy from North Texas who needs fake phone calls?

Let's simulcast it!

Let me ask him about THE SPURS and the Hemisfair Arena and the 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2007 Championships.

Mano a Mano

(or Manu a Manu!)

Ask him if he is up for it.

Enough fake calls on Ticket 760 and his passive agressive blogging about us.

Ask him if he will Man Up.

I have nothing against the guy. I wish him the best. But to take shots at us on his blog after less than a week and for him to set up fake phone calls to slam us are borderline pathetic.

I'd LOVE to match wits (and San Antonio Sports knowledge) with him.

Let's do it, Peter!

Let's make San Antonio RADIO HISTORY!!!

Screw the usual.

Screw the ordinary.

Screw the rules.

Let's ROCK and HAVE FUN!!!

What do you think?

Anywhere, anytime, my brutha.

Love ya,

Chris

Spurs Season Ticket Holder in 1973

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Chris,

I checked out his blog, and didn't see anything about ESPN.....Got a link?
I'm not denying that it wasn't done, just didn't see it on our site.

Of course, I'm tired as hell right now, so I might have missed it.

You and I know that as good as it would be, it would be a least a year before we could do something like that.

I mean, it's the same reason why WOAI would never badmouth KTSA on air.
Why give the little guy any extra pub?

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Peter,

Dig, if you will, the picture...

http://www.chrisduel.com/ESPN1250logo.gif

I kinda like it.

You?

:fro

dawn
02-21-2008, 01:01 AM
No problem. Again though I think you are twisting what I have said all along. I like Avery. I appreciate what all he did while on the Spurs and for our city. Did he make some big plays, yes, a few. Did he hit a big shot? Yes. Is he the greatest guard the Spurs have had...NO! It is not a knock or does it make me a AVERY HATER? Nope, In fact, I think there is a thread in the Spurs section where MOST of the post are saying the same thing. I am not alone in this fight.

If you retire jerseys for nice guys, spiritual leaders and so so stats, then yes keep it up there, but where is Terry Cummings jersey? He was all of the above wit hbetter then so so stats, and Dude put out a music video and Christmas song. I know because I owned that damn thing on video and I know a lot of you did also...ha ha... I'm just saying...

dawn
02-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Peter,

It is some where in the part about the guests on the past six shows...which is funny since those were more like over a 4 week span of shows, that is unless he has only done 6 LIVE shows as of late.

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 01:10 AM
You and I know that as good as it would be, it would be a least a year before we could do something like that.

Peter,

Come on. Stop thinking inside the box.

Unlike your guy from out of town, we are tight with Jeanne Jakle, Kori Ellis, David Chancellor, Joe Reinagel, Chuck Miketinac, Greg Simmons, Don Harris, Anthony Pittman, David Oliver and EVERY meaningful sports media person in town.

Do you not think that a WAR and SMACKDOWN between us and your boy would NOT get major media attention?

IT WOULD!!!

It would benefit YOUR station as much as ours.

Sure, your guy would be embarrassed and humiliated, but it would be FUN and EPIC.

Stern would do it.

Rome would do it.

Imus would do it.

Don't be a PUSS.

Man up.

It's SPORTS radio. Be a SPORT. Accept a challenge.

If you think your out of town boy is all that, see if he can kick my ass.

Come on, Peter.

You know 99% of everyone reading this would love it.

You know where to find me.

24/7.

But ideally, 5-7pm.

Soon to be 4-7pm.

Let's do something spectacular.

Chris

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Peter,

When we have our SMACKDOWN, can we also have special electronic devices attached to our peni, so that when I ask out-of-town boy about San Antonio SPORTS we can know when he pisses in his pants?

Let's go high-tech, bay-bee!!!!

Jason = From San Antonio

Dawn = From San Antonio

Yours Truly = From San Antonio

How about you?

Does he say NIOSA or NeeOSA?

Just asking.

We're here and we're FROM HERE, Peter.

Let the games begin.

Chris

Nbadan
02-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Ahhh..........this thread is Spurstalk Gold!

...(Personally, I think there is enough radio audience for both stations, but....maybe that's just me)...

Buddy Holly
02-21-2008, 01:33 AM
ESPN 1250 seems to have a wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KZDC

Re-Animator
02-21-2008, 02:50 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/espn-hot.gif

Re-Animator
02-21-2008, 02:54 AM
No problem. Again though I think you are twisting what I have said all along. I like Avery. I appreciate what all he did while on the Spurs and for our city. Did he make some big plays, yes, a few. Did he hit a big shot? Yes. Is he the greatest guard the Spurs have had...NO! It is not a knock or does it make me a AVERY HATER? Nope, In fact, I think there is a thread in the Spurs section where MOST of the post are saying the same thing. I am not alone in this fight.

If you retire jerseys for nice guys, spiritual leaders and so so stats, then yes keep it up there, but where is Terry Cummings jersey? He was all of the above wit hbetter then so so stats, and Dude put out a music video and Christmas song. I know because I owned that damn thing on video and I know a lot of you did also...ha ha... I'm just saying...

I hope you bring all this up when he's on your show.

USA Employee
02-21-2008, 03:12 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/beat.gif

Jackie
02-21-2008, 03:19 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/espn-siezer.gif

SAtown
02-21-2008, 03:23 AM

Someone should put this in their sig

Buddy Holly
02-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Since Mouse seems to be on a photoshop tear, why not do a gif or something that shows the Ticket 760 logo being crushed by the ESPN 1250 logo.

Jackie
02-21-2008, 03:30 AM
Since Mouse seems to be on a photoshop tear, why not do a gif or something that shows the Ticket 760 logo being crushed by the ESPN 1250 logo.

:lol

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Mouse is Lord!

iminlakerland
02-21-2008, 03:44 AM
omg that is killing my eyes lol!

PakiDan
02-21-2008, 09:25 AM
I am goinngggggg innoto Eplepticccc ShochknC m,"L?>?<c mmmmmmmmmmmmm

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Good morning.
Once I have my coffee and kick the coed out of bed, I'll be happy to respond.
Please hold.

02-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Good morning.
Once I have my coffee and kick the coed out of bed, I'll be happy to respond.
Please hold.

Pics or it didn't happen.

gatoloco
02-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Chris,

Frost Bank is gonna have your ass if you keep stealing their tagline...

BonnerDynasty
02-21-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't care who is from S.A. and who is not. Whoever is not talking bullshit and talking Sports is who I will be listening too. Taylor doesn't seem like he even does any research to get into in depth discussion about Spurs, but w/e.

I don't turn on sports radio for comedy hour and talk about women. I tune in for SPORTS.

GoGatos
02-21-2008, 01:40 PM
It is some where in the part about the guests on the past six shows...which is funny since those were more like over a 4 week span of shows, that is unless he has only done 6 LIVE shows as of late.

Dawn,

Before you blast my guest list, please get your facts straight. Those guests had all been on the show since your station launched, which was 11 days prior to that blog. That's a fact. You can also add Ime Udoka and Sean Elliott to that list this week. I have absolutely nothing against you, Chris, Jason or anyone else at ESPN. Hell, I worked with Johnny for a while when I started with ClearChannel and he's a hell of a dude. I work my ass off to book good guests for STSA (as I'm sure you can relate to) and just don't like it when people say things that are untrue.

As for all the other crap on this board, I have tried to stay out of it. I only commented now to correct an inaccurate statement. I am not going to call anyone names and I am not going to slam Chris or anyone else unless they attack me first. Mr. T and anyone else here in the building who has worked with Chris speaks highly of him as a person, and I would have no other reason to doubt them. However, when you call Taylor a carpetbagger before your show even launches, you can't get all pissy when he fires back.

That said, I hope DD&J enjoy success (obviously, not too much :) )

Thanks,
Jim Bob

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Damn it Jim Bob.
What the hell is that? A freaking sensible response post.

WTF man???

Don't you understand that the idea of an internet Message Boards IS NAME CALLING AND MUCKRAKING!!!

I want BLOOD. I NEED IT...SPURSTALK NEEDS IT.

May the Infidels that call themselves ESPN, perish in the flames of 10,000 burning suns.
We have driven them from the Airport, we have crushed them in Stone Oak, we have buried them on E. SouthCross (We are still working on W. Southcross, as it's kinda tricky because of how offramp is built, but it's on the list!) And we have demolished them from the airwaves.

Give me Liberty or Give me death, Victory will be ours. God Save the Queen, Release the Hounds, and may you have to stand behind Roseanne Barr waiting in line at the gates of hell.

GoGatos
02-21-2008, 03:55 PM
I was trying to be fair & balanced like Fox News.

Evan
02-21-2008, 03:58 PM
www.theticket.com > all

Richard Cranium
02-21-2008, 04:06 PM
The Zone is where it's at.

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks,
Jim Bob

You dropped the ball in the 4 oclock hour when you let that guy plug ESPN, the questioning of taylor's manhood wardrobe should have been a dump button clue.

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 05:36 PM
You dropped the ball in the 4 oclock hour when you let that guy plug ESPN, the questioning of taylor's manhood wardrobe should have been a dump button clue.

Weak.
Anyone who prank calls a show. Either them or us.

ISaidSo
02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
OK, so I am new to the forum, and new to SA.... Grew up in Dallas and was a day one employee of the best sports station in the country "The Ticket 1310"
I decided to get out of radio a couple of years ago but I like to listen to sports talk. I have listened to both Taylor's show, and the New ESPN, and I must say I don't get Dule.. He knows little about anything other than the fact he is a Fan, which big deal, if that is all it takes then give Mouse a show... He has yet to have a big named guest, unless you count weekend sports anchors, and he isn't funny. Is there some sort of "He has been here a long time" thing with him? Did he use to be a big deal around here? Somebody fill me in because I just ain't feeling it! Not sure about Taylor yet, but I did like his show in Dallas so at the momment he is the front runner..... :music

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Weak.
Anyone who prank calls a show. Either them or us.

That was pretty weak, but you got to watch that dump button. He got "I'm gonna switch over to ESPN 1250" he got that entire sentence out. Nice ESPN burn though

GoGatos
02-21-2008, 05:45 PM

Well, seeing as how the stuff abot his "manhood wardrobe" DID get dumped at least I know now it was YOU who called, "Chris."

Thanks for listening though.

JoeChalupa
02-21-2008, 05:48 PM
1250 Rules!!

degenerate_gambler
02-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Well, seeing as how the stuff abot his "manhood wardrobe" DID get dumped at least I know now it was YOU who called, "Chris."

y'all all sound like a bunch of little bitches...

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 05:53 PM

Ouch.....Damn Air Checks.
Poor Form...Poor Form.

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2008, 05:55 PM

I was listening on the web feed and I heard the entire call. So no it wasn't me, I'm not a punk ass like that. It's not my fault your web feed isn't hooked up to you dump button. So next time you through out random accusations check your fucking tech. Mike said afterwards that "I can't believe he waited all day for that" I'm a fan both shows, it's not hard, you only share 1 hour. That's pretty fucked up that you'd accuse me, when it's your technology that gave out on you. I don't have a dog in the fight here, competition is good for the listener in radio anyway.

2centsworth
02-21-2008, 05:57 PM
I gotta hear more from Duehl, but I'm willing to give him an extended chance.

degenerate_gambler
02-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Not sure about Taylor yet, but I did like his show in Dallas so at the momment he is the front runner..... :music

gee thanks for that earth shattering announcement....moron.

ISaidSo
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Hey Gambler... Why am I a moron? Stupid attack for no reason... Doesn't help with my question either....

timvp
02-21-2008, 06:41 PM
OK, so I am new to the forum, and new to SA.... Grew up in Dallas and was a day one employee of the best sports station in the country "The Ticket 1310"
I decided to get out of radio a couple of years ago but I like to listen to sports talk. I have listened to both Taylor's show, and the New ESPN, and I must say I don't get Dule.. He knows little about anything other than the fact he is a Fan, which big deal, if that is all it takes then give Mouse a show... He has yet to have a big named guest, unless you count weekend sports anchors, and he isn't funny. Is there some sort of "He has been here a long time" thing with him? Did he use to be a big deal around here? Somebody fill me in because I just ain't feeling it! Not sure about Taylor yet, but I did like his show in Dallas so at the momment he is the front runner..... :musicUh, you might want to check where you are. Dallas and San Antonio are not the same place.

No need to lie. Just admit you are a Mav Fan that hasn't listened to either show.

Thanks.

:smokin

ISaidSo
02-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Nope, not a mav fan... Dirk is a wimp, and will never win a title.. Would like to see Avery come back when Pop retires. And I have listened to both shows, And I am just trying to get the history from you guys who listen 24/7... Is that not what the forum is for? Or am I just suppose to come on here and call names and complain, because I am great at that too....What is this guys Duels story? Seems really weak and I want to know if I am missing something...

timvp
02-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Nope, not a mav fan... Dirk is a wimp, and will never win a title.. Would like to see Avery come back when Pop retires. And I have listened to both shows, And I am just trying to get the history from you guys who listen 24/7... Is that not what the forum is for? Or am I just suppose to come on here and call names and complain, because I am great at that too....What is this guys Duels story? Seems really weak and I want to know if I am missing something...How are you listening from Dallas?

ISaidSo
02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Not, moved here a month ago... Brand new to the area....

timvp
02-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Not, moved here a month ago... Brand new to the area....Bro, your IP is in Dallas.

Stop lying.

Thanks.

ISaidSo
02-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Not sure what that means but I am signed in via my Verizon wireless account...
Seems to be a lot of paranoia in this room.. I am just trying to get a handle on sports pulse here... I don't have an axe to grind.. Is this for fans or just for Ticket and ESPN employees?

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Is this for fans or just for Ticket and ESPN employees?

Yeah,

Basically, this topic is for all ESPN/Ticket people to throw insults back at each other in a feeble attempt to start a turf war that is pretty much non-existent.

I haven't jumped into the fray.....yet.

I just haven't seen enough good smack to merit my time.
I'll let Chris throw the first punch....... :ihit

TheSanityAnnex
02-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Checking IP's to confirm one's fandom? :lmao

This thread delivers!

TheSanityAnnex
02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
TheSanityAnnex
IP Address: Tempe, AZ

maxpower
02-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I decided to get out of radio a couple of years ago but I like to listen to sports talk. I have listened to both Taylor's show, and the New ESPN, and I must say I don't get Dule.. He knows little about anything other than the fact he is a Fan, which big deal, if that is all it takes then give Mouse a show... He has yet to have a big named guest, unless you count weekend sports anchors, and he isn't funny. Is there some sort of "He has been here a long time" thing with him? Did he use to be a big deal around here? Somebody fill me in because I just ain't feeling it! Not sure about Taylor yet, but I did like his show in Dallas so at the momment he is the front runner..... :music

I'm a little ticket fan...though born and bred in San Antonio. I listen to it 8 hours a day..so I consider myself a P1 for a good 4 years running.
If I know one thing about 1310 is those that work there have balls.
Therefore my curiosity is were you on-air and if so who.
And if you have listened to Chris Duel for any bit, you would understand that he knows his sports. At the very least his San Antonio sports...he reeks and oozes Spurs knowledge. He can talk your ears off regarding Duncan to Gervin and everyone in between, before and after. If you don't get that, there is nothing anybody here can say to make you think otherwise.

P.S. to 760 folks

What is this?

The great Will Farrell will make an appearance on STSA this Monday to discuss his new flick "Semi-Pro" in which the old ABA Spurs are prominently featured. After Will comes on our guest list over a 6 show span will be Manu, Ashley Simpson, Tony Casillas and Will Farrell. Hey, we're doing our best. Manu may not be a weekend TV spare* and Casillas may not be an area baseball scout that you've never heard of but hey, we're just a little 2 man crew.

Feel free to read up on your guests.

*and way to endear yourself to your media brothers and sisters.

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 10:35 PM

Huh?

Are you suggesting I was the caller?

Or did the caller use the name "Chris?"

I hate to agree with Peter Burns (ever), but fake calls are lame.

I don't want anyone to bomb 760 on our behalf. We can let our product speak for us.

Call in and be real. Be you. Criticize, Rant, Debate, whatever.

Some butt-munch called in today and took a couple of cheap shots at our guest, Cowboys WR Patrick Crayton. It was pathetic.

Like we don't know and Crayton doesn't know he missed a couple of key plays in the loss to the Giants.

Crayton stood up and took the heat.

Must've been a Ticket 760 listener who called-in.

Our traditional, informed, classy ESPN 1250 callers like TPark are above that.

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 10:54 PM
As for all the other crap on this board, I have tried to stay out of it. I only commented now to correct an inaccurate statement. I am not going to call anyone names and I am not going to slam Chris or anyone else unless they attack me first. Mr. T and anyone else here in the building who has worked with Chris speaks highly of him as a person, and I would have no other reason to doubt them. However, when you call Taylor a carpetbagger before your show even launches, you can't get all pissy when he fires back.

Damn, Jim Bob.

You make it hard for us to attack you when you say nice things. At least Peter Burns evokes the language of Jihad!

Mr. T rocks. I'm a huge fan of his and had a blast working with him and getting toasted with T and Charlie P in Saint Lucia.

As for my "carpetbagger" comment, let's go to Websters and look at the definition, shall we?

car·pet·bag·ger /ˈkɑrpɪtˌbægər/ Pronunciation[kahr-pit-bag-er]
–noun 1. U.S. History. a Northerner who went to the South after the Civil War and became active in Republican politics, esp. so as to profiteer from the unsettled social and political conditions of the area during Reconstruction.
2. any opportunistic or exploitive outsider: Our bus company has served this town for years, but now the new one run by carpetbaggers from the city is stealing our business.

[Origin: 1865–70, Americanism; carpetbag + -er1; so called because they came South carrying their belongings in carpetbags]

Northerner who went South CHECK

Became Active in Republican Politics CHECK You guys are in bed with Fox News

Profiteer CHECK

Opportunistic or exploitive outsider CHECK

If I shouldn't call him a carpetbagger, should I call him a local?

A San Antonian?

A Spurs fan?

In all honesty, I've never met him and I'm sure he's a good guy. If he ever wants to have a beer, set it up, I will be there and Peter Burns will pay.

However, in the spirit of Jihad, we have come to mix it up and to REPRESENT the Locals, the San Antonians, the Spurs fans.

You gotta admit, it gives us an advantage against the Evil Empire.

:elephant

GoGatos
02-21-2008, 10:56 PM
No, the caller used the name Chris.

And I agree about the calls. We have never mentioned your station (why give you free pub) and have never solicited any listeners to carpet-bomb your show. They apparently feel the need to do this on their own accord.

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Seriously, this is turning into some Sports-Talk Biggie and Tupac Sh**.
Cheap shots on each other shows.

Can we be Tupac? I mean, c'mon. Please can we be Tupac?

That's all I'm asking....

It's perfect. Chris is Biggie, Jason is Mobb Deep, and Dawn is Lil Kim (The Queen B****)

I'm just waiting for Chris to open his show with "What's Beef....Beef is when you make your enemies start your jeep, Beef is when you roll no less than 30 deep"

That WOULD BE AWESOME.

As for Me, Duel.....
I'm from SA as well
I went to games at Hemisphere, lead the Bradley Bears to some fierce B-Ball victories over the Ike Generals. Hit one out of the park at McAllister Park.

You just lucky that I'm not on air anymore. I'd pwn your ass so much I'd have to claim you on my taxes. :ihit

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I went to games at Hemisphere

Then why don't you call it by its real name, The Hemisfair Arena?

What's the over/under on you editing your post?

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Damn......Duel 1 Burns 0.

It's a marathon, not a sprint baby......lol

johnsmith
02-21-2008, 11:23 PM
After all these threads about the two stations, I'm going to encourage more folks to buy Sirius.

By the way, Duel, Tpark got old on day 2 and forced me to turn back to satellite as I was tired of listening to his Spurs trivia for 15 minutes.

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 11:27 PM
By the way, Duel, Tpark got old on day 2 and forced me to turn back to satellite as I was tired of listening to his Spurs trivia for 15 minutes.

As a Spurs fan and a radio guy, I thought TPark rocked. He was compelling, insightful and entertaining.

Even one of my bosses asked, "Who was that guy? He was great."

We kept him for awhile cause he was so damn good.

We disagree on this one. But that's okay.

Sample us again sometime.

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 11:29 PM

Yes, because just like the McRib....It will be gone quite soon.

johnsmith
02-21-2008, 11:29 PM
As a Spurs fan and a radio guy, I thought TPark rocked. He was compelling, insightful and entertaining.

Even one of my bosses asked, "Who was that guy? He was great."

We kept him for awhile cause he was so damn good.

We disagree on this one. But that's okay.

Don't get me wrong, Tpark did a fine job, but if I wanted to listen to some dude off the street that knows a lot about the Spurs, then I'd talk to 90% of the people I work with. We tune in to hear a perspective on sports topics as well as possibly gain some new information we didn't know before, not listen to some guy's opinions on trades that were made 15-20 years ago.

Just my thoughts.

johnsmith
02-21-2008, 11:30 PM

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2008, 11:32 PM

Will you at least acknowledge that I wasn't the guy who tried to prank your station, you accuse me I rebuttal, then nothing.

SpurHonkey
02-21-2008, 11:33 PM
I think JB should be biggie, personally.

johnsmith
02-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Do I get points for going to games at Hemisfair? I mean, I was a kid, but it counts right? What about points for having one of my fondest spurs memories being one of J.R. Reid hitting a 3-pointer and pointing at me? (I snagged seats in the 2nd row for that game) Or that I remember liking Llyod Daniels simply because he was shot and almost died?

Plus, Peter, I think I should get to be Biggie...I mean, I am kind of a big dude.

Let me answer this for whoever you are asking it too:

There are no points, no one is playing a game or keeping track of points, but if they were, then no.

johnsmith
02-21-2008, 11:35 PM
I think JB should be biggie, personally.

You sure edited the shit out of that one.

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Will you at least acknowledge that I wasn't the guy who tried to prank your station, you accuse me I rebuttal, then nothing.

I didn't mean to accuse ya. I doubt it was anybody here. I just wish it would stop.

I mean, let these guys go out at it, and let the best man win right?

Chris Duel
02-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, Tpark did a fine job, but if I wanted to listen to some dude off the street that knows a lot about the Spurs, then I'd talk to 90% of the people I work with. We tune in to hear a perspective on sports topics as well as possibly gain some new information we didn't know before, not listen to some guy's opinions on trades that were made 15-20 years ago.

Dude.

That was the day we had ORIGINAL SPUR Coby Dietrick.

We were going Old School. That was the theme and TPark went with it.

SpurHonkey
02-21-2008, 11:37 PM
You sure edited the shit out of that one.

Yeah I know...after posting it I decided it wouldn't be cool if I asked to be Biggie, since I'm not really involved in the whole thing. So I just gave Biggie to Jim Bob.

johnsmith
02-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Dude.

That was the day we had ORIGINAL SPUR Coby Dietrick.

We were going Old School. That was the theme and TPark went with it.

Noooo, every time I've heard Tpark he references a bunch of obscure trades the spurs made in the late 80's early 90's...........We get it, he knows a lot about the Spurs history.

Anyway, I think you do a good job, and I think Taylor does a good job as well. It's given me a chance to listen to local radio for a change ever since Chuck Parker forced me to switch to satellite a while back, so it's refreshing.

Keep it up.

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2008, 11:42 PM
I didn't mean to accuse ya. I doubt it was anybody here. I just wish it would stop.

I mean, let these guys go out at it, and let the best man win right?

Well pass it on to your boy JB like I said before competition in radio is good for the listener. So I appreciate both shows.

T Park
02-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Noooo, every time I've heard Tpark he references a bunch of obscure trades the spurs made in the late 80's early 90's...........We get it, he knows a lot about the Spurs history.

Anyway, I think you do a good job, and I think Taylor does a good job as well. It's given me a chance to listen to local radio for a change ever since Chuck Parker forced me to switch to satellite a while back, so it's refreshing.

Keep it up.

Uh no what I talked about alot was the benefits for the Spurs of the Kidd trade, and also who the Spurs should trade for, and if I recall correctly, I predicted the Spurs would trade Barry and elson for Kurt Thomas on his first friday show.

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm actually pretty sick of the old school card.
I mean, that's fine that people are Puro SA.
I'm for that.

I could give a rat's ass that someone has a program back from the 1978 season. I'm sure the crazy 70 year old lady with 49 cats and wears Turtleneck sweaters in July might have one around the house also. I want Sports Talk.

Hell I used to tune into Tony Bruno not because he was a old School Philly guy, but because was funny, and very good at sports talk.

Just because someone is born here and raised here, doesn't mean that they are automatically that much better at sports talk.

Spurs are the big horse here in town, and I'll concede that Chris knows more about Spurs than Mike does.

Yet, that doesn't make a better sports talk show.

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Finally, TimVP is here to catch up, and at least he'll get the "Beef" post I had earlier!

johnsmith
02-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Uh no what I talked about alot was the benefits for the Spurs of the Kidd trade, and also who the Spurs should trade for, and if I recall correctly, I predicted the Spurs would trade Barry and elson for Kurt Thomas on his first friday show.

Dude, quit. While you indeed talked about all the above, you would constantly throw in little Spurs "fun facts" throughout the entire thing.

Again, you did a fine job, a good one in fact, but if I wanted to listen to you, your stories, or your sadly gigantic knowledge of the Spurs, I'd head on down to the Krispy Kreme and chat with you in person.

dawn
02-21-2008, 11:50 PM
I bet Chris could run circles around him on Cowboys also!

PeterBurns
Honestly, I give it up to Tpark for calling in and being a part of any show.

It takes balls to do it.

johnsmith

What are you wearing?

johnsmith
02-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Honestly, I give it up to Tpark for calling in and being a part of any show.

It takes balls to do it.

Not denying that, just saying he grew tiresome.

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 11:52 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOO......Look who decided to show up.

It depends. If we are talking Cowboys History, I might give the edge to Chris, I mean, what is he....like 62, 63?

Current Cowboy Info....Advantage Taylor.

PeterBurns
02-21-2008, 11:55 PM
What are you wearing?

F'n Classic.

JohnSmith, between the Krispy Kreme comment earlier and then that one.

Well done.

2centsworth
02-21-2008, 11:55 PM
johnsmith with some hellacious smack.

dawn
02-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Wanna bet?...come on Peter...man up, or should I say, BALL UP...

Duel is the RAINMAN of Cowboys Trivia past and present. Let's go...what do you and your boy got for him? I say he takes it in 5 questions...

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Ball Up?
Who am I? Lance Armstrong?
John Kruk?

Hey, how did you guys like the Cowboys being on KTSA......That lasted a while huh?

dawn
02-22-2008, 12:03 AM
I was thinking Mike Bratz actually...

Well, I liked them better there to be honest, because I could actually HEAR THEM when they were there... HA HA ;)

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 12:04 AM
F'n KORI ELLIS SIGHTING......Hell Yes.

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Listen, KTSA is a fine little station.

I mean someone has to be #2 right?

Although what the heck is up with the new Afternoon guy? We are getting a bunch of client phone calls that are curious about switching over. I mean, you guys talk about being live and local, and isn't this guy from the valley?

I'm just saying it reeks of the pot calling the kettle black.

Kori Ellis
02-22-2008, 12:12 AM
How did I miss all this trash ...err, I mean wisdom. :lmao

This is a funny thread.

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Hey....Speaking of Carpetbaggers.
I guess we shouldn't like Kori.

I mean, she's not from San Antonio. So therefore we should totally call her out for not knowing anything about Spurs because she's not from here right?

dawn
02-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Dude Kori... that is just wrong. I so would not take that kind of trash, especially from one, Peter Burns... I think a ban is in order... ;)

Kori Ellis
02-22-2008, 12:17 AM
I agree with parts from both sides. I'm not a fan of Mike Taylor's show, not because he's from Dallas (hell, I'm from Phoenix) but because he doesn't seem to know much and I find his voice irritating. But if he's getting ratings, good for him.

I agree with Peter that it's going to be difficult for Chris/Jason's show to put a dent in anything without some major advertising. Word of mouth only goes so far.

I thought John Smith's "What are you wearing?" comment was the best post in the thread.

dawn
02-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Sit back and enjoy... all I can say...

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Sit back and enjoy... all I can say...

Yes. The view from the top is quite nice.

T Park
02-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Honestly peter burns as someone that has listened to Sports radio since its infancy when Rome was in LA and on from 9pm to midnight.

Taylor's show is absolute shit.

All it is is "cowboyscowboyscowboyscowboyscowboys Hey the Spurs played last night cowboyscowboyscowboys rogerclemensrogerclemensrogerclemens"

I grew tired of it. Period.

Also, being from SA does matter to me. Im tired of people from outside the market coming in and bullshitting.

Its the reason I do not listen to the Radio broadcast anymore thanks to WOAI shitcanning Howard and bringing in the amateur Schoening.

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Getting ready to have to call it a night folks. The Ambien and Meth is wearing off and I'm crashing hard.

So don't mistake my lack of response as not wanting to be involved.

And for the record, I love when I'm the last person to post, and I check the Club latest post and it says.....ESPN Sucks!....by Peter Burns.

Fitting doesn't it seem?

dawn
02-22-2008, 12:24 AM
We shall see sweet one, we shall see...

By the way...Little Kim...as long as Diana Ross doesn't feel me up I guess I am cool with it!

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE=T Park]

Also, being from SA does matter to me. Im tired of people from outside the market coming in and bullshitting.

QUOTE]

I'm with you. What stinks is that a city this big should have several local shows developing new talent. But, it ain't happening.

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 12:28 AM
We shall see sweet one, we shall see...

By the way...Little Kim...as long as Diana Ross doesn't feel me up I guess I am cool with it!

Awesome.....Points for the MTV reference.
But honestly, Diana was coked up that night, and Lil Kim had NO business wearing that outfit.

Okay, Popping a few Xanax and a shot of Everclear and headed to bed.
I call it the Heath Ledger.

Night Ya'll

T Park
02-22-2008, 12:28 AM
What stinks is that a city this big should have several local shows developing new talent. But, it ain't happening.

ESPN sounds more than willing to do it.

They have two shows with peeps from the area.

WOai has jackshit.

Trainwreck2100
02-22-2008, 12:30 AM
[QUOTE=T Park]

QUOTE]

I'm with you. What stinks is that a city this big should have several local shows developing new talent. But, it ain't happening.

Mix's morning show sucks ass. And it pisses me off when Taylor says "puro" We get it you're not from here, and you're trying to fit in.

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 12:34 AM
ESPN sounds more than willing to do it.

They have two shows with peeps from the area.

WOai has jackshit.

Charlie Parker?

Chris Duel
02-22-2008, 12:46 AM
It depends. If we are talking Cowboys History, I might give the edge to Chris, I mean, what is he....like 62, 63?

Hey, azzhole, I'm 59!!!

Bob Lilly, Lee Roy Jordan and I are gonna come over to Queer Channel and kick your ass!

ISaidSo
02-22-2008, 12:48 AM
So, if you aren't from SA you don't know SA? So every sports media person in town that wasn't born here is an idiot? Give me a break.... Question Duel, ever been in the Cowboy's locker room? How about go to Valley Ranch? (That is where they Practice, in case you didn't know) Since the answer is NO, does that mean you can't talk Cowboys anymore? You are not from Dallas, so I guess you better stick to the Spurs, and leave the Boys to people from Dallas. I think taking the angle that I'm from here so I'm better is stupid. In fact most people think that not being a Spurs super fan would give you some perspective, not hurt you... Just my thoughts....

Chris Duel
02-22-2008, 12:57 AM
So, if you aren't from SA you don't know SA? So every sports media person in town that wasn't born here is an idiot? Give me a break.... Question Duel, ever been in the Cowboy's locker room? How about go to Valley Ranch? (That is where they Practice, in case you didn't know) Since the answer is NO, does that mean you can't talk Cowboys anymore? You are not from Dallas, so I guess you better stick to the Spurs, and leave the Boys to people from Dallas. I think taking the angle that I'm from here so I'm better is stupid. In fact most people think that not being a Spurs super fan would give you some perspective, not hurt you... Just my thoughts....

Uh...

I've been to Valley Ranch, I've been in the Cowboys Locker Room (in the Cotton Bowl and Texas Stadium and the visiting locker rooms in Anaheim Stadium when they played the Rams and the L.A. Coliseum when they played the Raiders). I've even been to their original offices on North Central Expressway.

I've been to Training Camp in Thousand Oaks (with Tom Landry - spoke with him many times and have photographic evidence), Austin and San Antonio.

Dawn and I were personally invited to watch a game with Roger Staubach in his Texas Stadium suite in 2006. Rayfield Wright joined us just weeks before being selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Kinky Friedman has guaranteed me that he would appoint me Cabana Boy for The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders when he is elected Governor.

Nice try, Buckwheat.

You lose again.

Suck it.

2centsworth
02-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Uh...

I've been to Valley Ranch, I've been in the Cowboys Locker Room (in the Cotton Bowl and Texas Stadium and the visiting locker rooms in Anaheim Stadium when they played the Rams and the L.A. Coliseum when they played the Raiders). I've even been to their original offices on North Central Expressway.

I've been to Training Camp in Thousand Oaks (with Tom Landry - spoke with him many times and have photographic evidence), Austin and San Antonio.

Dawn and I were personally invited to watch a game with Roger Staubach in his Texas Stadium suite in 2006. Rayfield Wright joined us just weeks before being selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Kinky Friedman has guaranteed me that he would appoint me Cabana Boy for The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders when he is elected Governor.

Nice try, Buckwheat.

You lose again.

Suck it.
so chris, what have been the hot topics of discussion lately? I haven't had a chance to listen because I've been slammed the past two weeks.

Chris Duel
02-22-2008, 01:10 AM
http://a103.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/98/l_bdc0ebf8e63f249a23c7e874f9df8f16.jpg

A Cowboys Head Coach that "ISaidSo" probably can't remember and me at Cowboys Camp in Thousand Oaks, CA in 1985.

Yeah, I had more hair and I was 20 pounds lighter then.

ISaidSo, suck it REAL good. :lol

Chris Duel
02-22-2008, 01:14 AM
so chris, what have been the hot topics of discussion lately? I haven't had a chance to listen because I've been slammed the past two weeks.

Hottest topics would have to be...

- Eva Longoria farting

- The size of 80's Spur Mike Bratz's Bratz

- Dawn Murphy's hating on Avery Johnson

Who has been slamming you the past two weeks?

Nbadan
02-22-2008, 01:33 AM
....good stuff...evidently, being the #1 All-sports talk show in SA is like winning the Special Olympics..

2centsworth
02-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Hottest topics would have to be...

- Eva Longoria farting

- The size of 80's Spur Mike Bratz's Bratz

- Dawn Murphy's hating on Avery Johnson
ok brother, when do we start talking about college basketball, NFL Draft and offseason, UT sports, MLB, boxing, MMA, etc... ? With all due respect, that other stuff is boring.

Who has been slamming you the past two weeks? More like what. when it comes to who, I do most of the slamming.:king

marini martini
02-22-2008, 01:43 AM
....good stuff...evidently, being the #1 All-sports talk show in SA is like winning the Special Olympics..

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Now that's some funny shit, right there!

2centsworth
02-22-2008, 01:46 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Now that's some funny shit, right there!of course it's not original, big surprise:)

marini martini
02-22-2008, 02:17 AM
of course it's not original, big surprise:)
WGAF? :lmao

PakiDan
02-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Damn, Jim Bob.

You make it hard for us to attack you when you say nice things. At least Peter Burns evokes the language of Jihad!

Mr. T rocks. I'm a huge fan of his and had a blast working with him and getting toasted with T and Charlie P in Saint Lucia.

As for my "carpetbagger" comment, let's go to Websters and look at the definition, shall we?

car·pet·bag·ger /ˈkɑrpɪtˌbægər/ Pronunciation[kahr-pit-bag-er]
–noun 1. U.S. History. a Northerner who went to the South after the Civil War and became active in Republican politics, esp. so as to profiteer from the unsettled social and political conditions of the area during Reconstruction.
2. any opportunistic or exploitive outsider: Our bus company has served this town for years, but now the new one run by carpetbaggers from the city is stealing our business.

[Origin: 1865–70, Americanism; carpetbag + -er1; so called because they came South carrying their belongings in carpetbags]

Northerner who went South CHECK

Became Active in Republican Politics CHECK You guys are in bed with Fox News

Profiteer CHECK

Opportunistic or exploitive outsider CHECK

If I shouldn't call him a carpetbagger, should I call him a local?

A San Antonian?

A Spurs fan?

In all honesty, I've never met him and I'm sure he's a good guy. If he ever wants to have a beer, set it up, I will be there and Peter Burns will pay.

However, in the spirit of Jihad, we have come to mix it up and to REPRESENT the Locals, the San Antonians, the Spurs fans.

You gotta admit, it gives us an advantage against the Evil Empire.

:elephant

Did someone say Jihad?

Evan
02-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Is their anything more boring than generic radio rival garbage?

Tune in to www.theticket.com for something other than generic radio blowhards. You can stream it over your computer.

Some of the hosts are huge Spurs fans even though it is a Dallas station and I have never heard anyone trash the Spurs.It is anything but a pro mavs station. In fact they are pretty rough on them.

Taco
02-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Duel is the RAINMAN of Cowboys Trivia past and present.

:lol :lol :lol

--
Duel: Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Jerry Jones Show.

--
Duel: Of course I don't have my Cowboys underwear. I'm definitely not wearing my Cowboys underwear.

--
Peter Burns: Duel, wouldn't you feel more relaxed listening to your favorite WOAI show?

Dawn: Tell him Duel.

Duel : WOAI Sucks!

--
Duel: AM 1250, bam! The future of Sports Talk Radio! AM 1250, bam! The future of Sports Talk Radio! AM 1250, bam! AM 1250, bam! The future of Sports Talk Radio! AM 1250, bam!

Peter Burns: Duel, enough already! Change the channel.

Duel: AM 1250, bam! The future of Sports Talk Radio! AM 1250, bam! The future of Sports Talk Radio!

maxpower
02-22-2008, 02:07 PM

Tune in to www.theticket.com for something other than generic radio blowhards. You can stream it over your computer.

One of the hosts are huge Spurs fans even though it is a Dallas station and I have never heard anyone trash the Spurs except for Bob Sturm .It is anything but a pro mavs station. In fact they are pretty rough on the little mavericks.

Actually this is a fairly entertaining thread...
more Duel and Burns

Taco
02-22-2008, 02:12 PM
WOai has jackshit.

Charlie Parker?

ISaidSo
02-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Guess you missed the point, you ain't from Dallas, you don't live in Dallas, so following your weak logic you can't talk Cowboys... I never said you hadn't been to a game, I said you never covered the Cowboys...For the record, I know that Taylor hosted Cowboy's Post for the last 3 years, while you were talking about "Back in the Day I had my picture taken with Tom!" BTW, it is 2008, feel free to step into the present, and learn about today's Cowboys. Tom is gone, Roger is retired, and Kinky lost...

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey Chris,
I'm stuck in the office, because I have a job.

And would love to stream online. What's the ESPN 1250 Website again?
Thanks for the update!

dawn
02-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey Chris,
I'm stuck in the office, because I have a job.

And would love to stream online. What's the ESPN 1250 Website again?
Thanks for the update!

Ah, no one buying anything from you again Peter...Got all that free time on your hands to sit in the office and stream the other show. Because I like you, I truly hope business picks up and soon for your sake. I hate to hear that you are STUCK in the office and not out and about in the city making deals!! :smokin

PeterBurns
02-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Ah, no one buying anything from you again Peter...Got all that free time on your hands to sit in the office and stream the other show. Because I like you, I truly hope business picks up and soon for your sake. I hate to hear that you are STUCK in the office and not out and about in the city making deals!! :smokin

Actually, we are sold out at the time being (Thanks to me), so it's nice to be able to relax a little and put it on cruise control.

So, I was just hanging out, and thought I'd listen to the show online.....But I can't seem to find the link.

Surely you can help right..... :nope

GoGatos
02-22-2008, 07:10 PM
You mean you finished looking at all the goods on the STSA homepage?..cause I mean, we have a website and all...you should check it out while your downstairs. Help add to the 50,000 hits we've had this month on the STSA Homepage ALONE. We all benefit, Peter. Just keep a page open and leave it alone. It'll add to our average time spent on the site.

Cartman
02-22-2008, 07:55 PM
. Help add to the 50,000 hits we've had this month [I]on the STSA Homepage ALONE

ST gets that in one day! And they don't even have a radio show. :lmao

Aunt Ester
02-23-2008, 06:41 PM

Some of the hosts are huge Spurs fans even though it is a Dallas station and I have never heard anyone trash the Spurs.It is anything but a pro mavs station. In fact they are pretty rough on them.

1,460 posts and now you finally tells us we have a choice in radio?