PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

LakeShow
02-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Never in my life have I seen a so called World Champion be so elated with the break up of another team. What happened to "When we play our best we'll win" or "We fear no one" or any of the other slangs that Champions use? To call Sjax and thank him for beating the mavs should have been embarrassing to you guys. A champion would have wanted to beat them themselves. Now Parkers statement. You guys really FEARED the Mavs! I have to tell you realistically you have much more than the Mavs to fear. If you are the best, you don't care about any other team. Obviously the Spurs had their doubts. Then you wonder why fans have their doubts. To some you are considered the Worst Champion ever. Times like these gives credibility to those claims.

:fro

ChumpDumper
02-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for following the Spurs' every move.

We can tell you're scared.

:smokin

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-20-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm not scared of a door, but I'll always thank someone for opening it and saving me some trouble. Same deal here.

Mr. Body
02-20-2008, 03:55 PM
What are you talking about?

ThomasGranger
02-20-2008, 03:56 PM
To some you are considered the Worst Poster ever. Times like these gives credibility to those claims.

George Gervin's Afro
What are you talking about?

shhh she's on a roll..

mexicanjunior

What does the afro smiley signify?

ChumpDumper
02-20-2008, 03:57 PM
What does the afro smiley signify?It means the poster is white.

ancestron
02-20-2008, 03:57 PM
because we need another thread with Laker and Spurs fans arguing about who is better.

picnroll
02-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Have you taken time from jumping up and down for joy to call any Memphis fans to thank them for their owner destroying their franchise and giving away their talent to the Lakers?

George Gervin's Afro
02-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Never in my life have I seen a so called World Champion be so elated with the break up of another team. What happened to "When we play our best we'll win" or "We fear no one" or any of the other slangs that Champions use? To call Sjax and thank him for beating the mavs should have been embarrassing to you guys. A champion would have wanted to beat them themselves. Now Parkers statement. You guys really FEARED the Mavs! I have to tell you realistically you have much more than the Mavs to fear. If you are the best, you don't care about any other team. Obviously the Spurs had their doubts. Then you wonder why fans have their doubts. To some you are considered the Worst Champion ever. Times like these gives credibility to those claims.

which championship team of the 4 is considered the worst ever?

ancestron
02-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Still, If the Spurs picked up a guy named "Pow" I'd be kinda excited too.

stxspurs
02-20-2008, 04:06 PM
lakerfan thinks they are the best now w/pao but before they were just another west team....if they hadnt got gasol and the spurs did something dumb like the mavs they would be a little happier. dont be fooled by kobes confidence...he knew he had no chance with the players he had around him

phyzik
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
1. No one ever called SJax to thank him, they called him to congratulate him. SJax just assumed thats what he was called for. Spurs players are quoted as saying that after asked if they called SJax to thank him.

2. It wasnt fear of the mavs, it was more akin to respect. Its hard to dismiss a team when they are SPECIFICALLY built to beat you.

3. Spurs dont care what others think about them, they will just keep on winning. In the immortal words of Pop after being asked about repeating "I dont give a fuck!"

spursfan09
02-20-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't get it, but you are a Laker fan so I shouldn't expect you to make much sense.

Radiosparks
02-20-2008, 04:12 PM
He makes no sense whatsoever.

703 Spurz
02-20-2008, 04:16 PM
So many horseshit posts here, it's smells so awful.

WildcardManu
02-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Laker fans have been getting the troll virus as of late since acquiring Gasol, giving them this air of entitlement to say as they please because they believe their team is now untouchable and elite. Yet you are just like these new Celtics... unproven. Prove your worth then talk smack.

Chris
02-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Laker fans have been getting the troll virus as of late since acquiring Gasol, giving them this air of entitlement to say as they please because they believe their team is now untouchable and elite. Yet you are just like these new Celtics... unproven. Prove your worth then talk smack.

+1

LakeShow
02-20-2008, 05:07 PM
This is not about the Lakers vs. Spurs. I can understand it not making sense to some because they're clueless.

The former champions, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Pistons never feared the opponent. The Spurs were elated with the break up of the Lakers, now the break up of the mavs. WTF, I thought YOU were the world Champs. Sounds like you don't want a championship the old fashioned way, Earning it! You want a cake walk. You're glad they're gone because they gave you trouble :rolleyes It would be so funny if the Mavs beat you without those guys. I never feared an opponent during the 2000-2002 championship season. I knew when healthy the Lakers were the best, and so did they!

If any of our players ever said anything like that publicly, I would be embarrassed and angry (I'm truly happy about this trade) True or not, never show fear and act like you believe you are the best. The Heart of a Champion, something that appears to be lacking from the San Antonio Spurs.

Medvedenko
02-20-2008, 05:07 PM
I agree all of this who's better crap needs to be put to bed until the playoffs start.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2008, 05:12 PM
This is not about the Lakers vs. Spurs. I can understand it not making sense to some because they're clueless.

The former champions, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Pistons never feared the opponent. The Spurs were elated with the break up of the Lakers, now the break up of the mavs. WTF, I thought YOU were the world Champs. Sounds like you don't want a championship the old fashioned way, Earning it! You want a cake walk. You're glad they're gone because they gave you trouble :rolleyes It would be so funny if the Mavs beat you without those guys. I never feared an opponent during the 2000-2002 championship season. I knew when healthy the Lakers were the best, and so did they!

If any of our players ever said anything like that publicly, I would be embarrassed and angry (I'm truly happy about this trade) True or not, never show fear and act like you believe you are the best. The Heart of a Champion, something that appears to be lacking from the San Antonio Spurs.:lmao

Don't tell us how to be fans, dipshit.

You're a bitch troll, a coward, a frontrunner and a douchebag.

Brutalis
02-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I officially nominate this thread for the "Dumbest fucking thread & poster of the year" award.

Mister Sinister
I officially nominate this thread for the "Dumbest fucking thread & poster of the year" award.
:lmao Only 2 and a half months in? God damn.

picnroll
Happy about the breakup of the Lakers?

Hell I wish they still had Shaq. They got a reprieve from suckdom when Kobe, Shaq and Phil gave Payton and Malone head to join them for a one year bandwagon ride. If they still had Shaq they'd have the same record as Miami. now

ancestron
02-20-2008, 05:17 PM
1. No one ever called SJax to thank him, they called him to congratulate him. SJax just assumed thats what he was called for. Spurs players are quoted as saying that after asked if they called SJax to thank him.

I was waiting for someone to mention that.

...since the Lakers blew out the Hawks last night it is obvious the Lakers are gonna go all the way. We should just give them the trophy right now and call off the rest of the season.

Medvedenko
02-20-2008, 05:19 PM
I will tell you this.....Spur fans are more sensitive then even god forbid, Laker fans.

Brutalis
02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I will tell you this.....Spur fans are more sensitive then even god forbid, Laker fans.
God today is my lucky day.

I also nominate this post, for "Dumbest post of the year", award.

it must be a laker holiday or something

ChumpDumper
02-20-2008, 05:23 PM
I will tell you this.....Spur fans are more sensitive then even god forbid, Laker fans.And more lakerfans are more obsessed with the Spurs than any others.

Brutalis
:lmao Only 2 and a half months in? God damn.
boy you have to get the pickins when they ripe!

-Oprah

Mister Sinister
boy you have to get the pickins when they ripe!

-Oprah
Oprah frightens me.

duncan228
02-20-2008, 05:25 PM
...it must be a laker holiday or something

It's cloudy and dripping here in Southern California.
Not normal weather here.
Maybe Lakerfan lost it because there's no sun. :)

Brutalis
02-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Oprah frightens me.
And you turn me on. Who cares?

Mister Sinister
02-20-2008, 05:29 PM
And you turn me on. Who cares?

o_O

Brutalis
02-20-2008, 05:30 PM
o_O
x_O

Mister Sinister
02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Well, thanks. You may have just fried my BS detector.

Brutalis
02-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Really? Cause my gaydar has been doing loops. SO kidding!

And I don't BS. I leave that to our government.

Mister Sinister
02-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Really? Cause my gaydar has been doing loops. SO kidding!

And I don't BS. I leave that to our government.
Really? What about me set off your gaydar? Was it the fact that I periodically make reference to the fact that, in the baseball game of life, I am a switch hitter?

LakeShow
02-20-2008, 05:41 PM
:lmao

Don't tell us how to be fans, dipshit.

You're a bitch troll, a coward, a frontrunner and a douchebag.

:lmao

BELIEVE!!!! :lmao

SA Gunslinger
02-20-2008, 05:48 PM
To some you are considered the Worst Champion ever.

In '03, the Spurs ended the Lakers threepeat on their way to their second championship.

In '05, the Spurs defeated the defending champs in an epic seven game series to win their third championship.

In '07, the Spurs went 16-4 in the playoffs on their way to their fourth title.

It took the "Showtime" Lakers four tries to finally repeat. Repeating isn't supposed to be easy as the 80's Lakers knew all to well.

Man of Steel
02-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey Laker butthead--

Time for your enema--

Make sure you open your mouth as wide as possible.....

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/clark101857/0363.jpg

MaNuMaNiAc
02-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Laker fans are quickly moving back up in the "most annoying pieces of shit" category. Funny how when their team wasn't doing shit, Laker fans found humility, now give them an ounce of fucking hope and they revert to the same fucking egomaniacs they were in the past. I just can't wait to see if we face these fuckers in the playoffs, we'll beat their ass to a pulp, Gasol fucking included.

SA Gunslinger
02-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Laker fans are quickly moving back up in the "most annoying pieces of shit" category. Funny how when their team wasn't doing shit, Laker fans found humility, now give them an ounce of fucking hope and they revert to the same fucking egomaniacs they were in the past. I just can't wait to see if we face these fuckers in the playoffs, we'll beat their ass to a pulp, Gasol fucking included.

Yeah, they love talking smack after a 30 point win over the Hawks who were probably half satisfied they got the Lakers in Atlanta last week. The Lakers jumped on them last night like Kobe did Kaitlin in Colorado.

Medvedenko
02-20-2008, 06:06 PM
I believe my earlier post basically seals the deal.

Spur Fans= Most sensitve pussies in the league. Sorry if that stings.

Oh, I've been posting here for a long time and have always respected the Spurs.....some of their fans on the other hand....

dg7md
02-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Spurs FANS and the Spurs THEMSELVES are two different entities.

cash459
02-20-2008, 06:10 PM

wow, im sure that took a lot of brain power to type out.... :drunk

Medvedenko
02-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I've also said in my first post that this bantering between who's better and who owns who is really futile in the whole scheme of things. But if infantile name calling (which I have been guilty of) tickles your fancy...than keep it coming.

TampaDude
02-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Don't worry...come June, the Spurs will be having another parade, and the Lakers will be fishing... :lol

z0sa
02-20-2008, 07:20 PM
which championship team of the 4 is considered the worst ever?

:tu :tu

SouthernFried
02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Someone obviously doesn't like this trade :)

Brutalis
02-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Really? What about me set off your gaydar? Was it the fact that I periodically make reference to the fact that, in the baseball game of life, I am a switch hitter?
You're a girl right? If that's the case, then I'm all about you being a switch hitter.

:p:

SenorSpur
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
To some you are considered the Worst Poster ever. Times like these gives credibility to those claims.

Make that "to MOST" he is considered the Worst Poster ever.

He should be more concerned with pinkie of his superstar and the dislocated knee of his big frontline stud.

Hopefully we'll see their punk-asses in the playoffs.

Avitus1
02-20-2008, 08:12 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/sheamk/retard.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-20-2008, 08:20 PM

If any of our players ever said anything like that publicly, I would be embarrassed and angry (I'm truly happy about this trade) True or not, never show fear and act like you believe you are the best. The Heart of a Champion, something that appears to be lacking from the San Antonio Spurs.

So the Spurs didn't earn their 4 championships? And they are wracked by fear?

WTF are you talking about?

Moron.

:rolleyes

z0sa
02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
The spurs sure are shaking in their boots from gasol (couldn't even lead his team to ONE playoff victory his entire career)

and bynum? hes never even stepped foot in a true playoff basketball atmosphere, where championships are on the line. (edit: I guess that goes for both of the aforementioned players :lol)

and weve got bowen, who kobe said defends him far better than any other player in the universe.

and of course, we've yet to see a kobe led team get past the first round so... yeah...

bring the lakers on.

spursrule32
02-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Spurs fan might be gloating at this break up b/c all the crap he took last year when mavs had the best record and pretty much were saying they had the championship locked up. To say Spurs fans are scared is crap - even after we've won 4 championships we are still the underdog. We're a small market team, our owner's net worth is one of the lowest in all professional sports, our "all star" is usually underated, and to top it off our style is "boring."

Really Laker fan - you want to pick on Spurs fan? Come on - you're in the largest TV market with a very wealthy franchise and a history of success. But what's funny is that the real thing that bugs every fan of the other teams is that they wish their team was run like the Spurs - class, professionalism, consistency and having players that really do want to play for their teamates and the championship instead of just for money.

dbreiden83080
02-20-2008, 10:49 PM
To some you are considered the Worst Champion ever. Times like these gives credibility to those claims.

What the FUCK does that mean?? If you're answer has something to do with TV ratings do yourself a favor and don't bother replying. :rolleyes

Dingle Barry
02-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Spurs fan might be gloating at this break up b/c all the crap he took last year when mavs had the best record and pretty much were saying they had the championship locked up. To say Spurs fans are scared is crap - even after we've won 4 championships we are still the underdog. We're a small market team, our owner's net worth is one of the lowest in all professional sports, our "all star" is usually underated, and to top it off our style is "boring."

Really Laker fan - you want to pick on Spurs fan? Come on - you're in the largest TV market with a very wealthy franchise and a history of success. But what's funny is that the real thing that bugs every fan of the other teams is that they wish their team was run like the Spurs - class, professionalism, consistency and having players that really do want to play for their teamates and the championship instead of just for money.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Obstructed_View
02-21-2008, 07:35 PM
I loved watching the Mavs getting embarassed in the first round. It's just behind the Spurs winning the championship on my personal list of favorite postseason moments. Not sure why a Lakers fan cares. The Lakers fans should at least be glad since it distracted everyone from asking why Kobe can't win a playoff series without Shaq.

batboy
02-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Lakers win this year and all we hear is that this was one of the most competitive and storied years of basketball.

Spurs win and it's all injury this, rebuilding that, easy path, weak field, WC trades need to mature, 3peat or gtfo...

and on and on and on

Hillcrest
02-23-2008, 02:49 PM

who was elated? everyone i know misses the lakers that were worth a damn.

after you raided the grizzlies' yardsale, you might be relevant again. bring it on.

p.s. hint: play some defense

polandprzem
02-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I can't stand this diss :dramaquee

CaptainLate
02-23-2008, 04:14 PM
lakerfan thinks they are the best now w/pao but before they were just another west team....dont be fooled by kobes confidence...he knew he had no chance with the players he had around him

And with KT coming onboard, we neutralized the "Pow" trade to where the Flakers are "just another west team" who has doubts about how effective Bynum will be when he returns, and who is :depressed about a little "pinky" that will be the target of defenders. :ihit "He's a maniac...maniac on the floor"

CaptainLate
02-23-2008, 04:19 PM

If we had an owner with :greedy , 2-3 more titles is not out of the question. Oh, wait...that is still a very good possibility. So with more :greedy , the Spurs would contenders for years to come and Stern would be :cry

Tradition
02-23-2008, 05:22 PM

How about them Rockets? Since you are a rockets fan I bet you love that 11 game winning streak. :dizzy

Tradition
02-23-2008, 05:26 PM

Oh, I've been posting here for a long time and have always respected the Spurs.....some of their fans on the other hand....

Stop being a douche bag. Laker fans have been that same exact way.

genomefreak13
02-24-2008, 01:21 AM
. If you are the best, you don't care about any other team. :fro

Cause were not that dumb. You think that having a pau gasol and a kobe bryant would entitle you to a championship? The same thinking also apply to SA. The fact that we were champions last year doesn't mean that we have to look past everyone else. The fact that we have the finals MVP and two time season MVP of previous seasons doesn't mean that we have to take everything for granted and just play as best as we can.

Winning is affected by several factors (injuries, trade acquisitions, suspensions, referee calls) - not only by the team play. As a laker fan you obviously understand that the only reason you're winning at this time is because you got gasol from a give-a-way deal. So it's pretty fair for the spurs to be happy about eliminating one title contender from their conference.

You don't have the right to consider the spurs a lesser champion than others since being happy is not a bad - especially when you got the brains to understand that it results to your advantage.

LakeShow
02-24-2008, 01:57 AM
:lol Fuck you bitches!

It'll be nice when the new champion is crowned this season and bring some respectability back to the NBA Championship. The spurs were able to accomplish something that fans never wanted to see Mark Cuban accomplish. Whine their way to a title. Getting Ref's and Players suspended by whining to the league, taking out full page ads crying for sympathy. Your time is up, time to be put out to pasture!

Man In Black
02-24-2008, 02:13 AM
The Spurs were elated with the break up of the Lakers
Fucking douche' Pop was actually saddened by Kobe & Shaq's ending their on-again-off-again relationship. He likened it to the breakup of the Soviet Union.
But once again, you'll spout your lies on every forum you can touch and BECAUSE A LOT OF YOU FUCKS DON'T DO YOUR OWN DAMN RESEARCH...That shit will re-gurgitate ad nauseam.

I can give you a link -> http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA113005.8C.BKNspurs.notebook.e0dc4b5.html
and a quote.

When Lakers management decided after the 2004 NBA Finals to dismantle a unit that had won three titles in the previous five seasons by trading Shaquille O'Neal and dismissing coach Phil Jackson, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich likened it to the breakup of the Soviet Union.

Just give me 1 link of that shit you posted up there. Just 1...YOU CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE IT'S MADE UP.

So yeah...I can't wait until the Lakers get eliminated yet again, that Kobe doesn't get a ring with him as the leader due to pinky issues, that Phil doesn't pass Red, that AB's knee turns into something that needs microfracture surgery. Your ridicule has irked me and yes I wish these things to be true. Or not.I could just be pulling your chain...I mean why not? You're pulling ours.
ASSHAT:fro

Spuradicator
02-24-2008, 12:12 PM
:lol Fuck you bitches!

It'll be nice when the new champion is crowned this season and bring some respectability back to the NBA Championship. The spurs were able to accomplish something that fans never wanted to see Mark Cuban accomplish. Whine their way to a title. Getting Ref's and Players suspended by whining to the league, taking out full page ads crying for sympathy. Your time is up, time to be put out to pasture!

Jealousy is very pathetic. In one thread you've proven you basket ball I.Q to be that of a girl who sometimes watches basketball during the playoffs when her boyfriend watches it. You are pretty much just a dumb broad huh?

LakeShow
02-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Fucking douche' Pop was actually saddened by Kobe & Shaq's ending their on-again-off-again relationship. He likened it to the breakup of the Soviet Union.
But once again, you'll spout your lies on every forum you can touch and BECAUSE A LOT OF YOU FUCKS DON'T DO YOUR OWN DAMN RESEARCH...That shit will re-gurgitate ad nauseam.

I can give you a link -> http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA113005.8C.BKNspurs.notebook.e0dc4b5.html
and a quote.

Just give me 1 link of that shit you posted up there. Just 1...YOU CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE IT'S MADE UP.

So yeah...I can't wait until the Lakers get eliminated yet again, that Kobe doesn't get a ring with him as the leader due to pinky issues, that Phil doesn't pass Red, that AB's knee turns into something that needs microfracture surgery. Your ridicule has irked me and yes I wish these things to be true. Or not.I could just be pulling your chain...I mean why not? You're pulling ours.
ASSHAT:fro

:lmao :lmao :lmao What's this? A sample of the great Spurs Fans IQ? Let me tell you what that meant. The Soviet Union was considered an Evil Empire to most. That statement confirms that Pop and The spurs were glad of the breakup of the lakers! Idiot

Popovich's regret at the Lakers' breakup was losing a rival that always brought out the best in his team, especially in the playoffs

WTF, brought out the best in the Spurs?

2001 Lakers 4-0
2002 Lakers 4-1
2003 Spurs 4-2
2004 Lakers 4-2

:dizzy

E20
02-24-2008, 01:41 PM
The Spurs are fucking bad ass, that's right, it's like that.

Man In Black
02-24-2008, 02:18 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao What's this? A sample of the great Spurs Fans IQ? Let me tell you what that meant. The Soviet Union was considered an Evil Empire to most. That statement confirms that Pop and The spurs were glad of the breakup of the lakers! Idiot

Popovich's regret at the Lakers' breakup was losing a rival that always brought out the best in his team, especially in the playoffs

WTF, brought out the best in the Spurs?

2001 Lakers 4-0
2002 Lakers 4-1
2003 Spurs 4-2
2004 Lakers 4-2

:dizzy

Hey...I'm still waiting for that link or quote or pic(full-size ad should be easy to find asshat.) All that stuff up there is PAST TENSE. You want to talk recently? Hey what's Kobe's record against the Spurs since Shaq left?
3 wins 7 losses. Take that to the bank.

Idiot you say? Considering that Pop graduated with a degree in Soviet Studies, you can see why he doesn't see it YOUR WAY.

I know just as much about the Lakers then you do. It's pretty fricken easy when I live in So Cal. Anytime you want to debate biatch, I'm down. :ihit
I can't wait to play your team again and watch the Spurs systematically add another L to the Lakers record.