PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Brent & Cisco

spurschick
02-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Brent often filled in nicely as a point guard and he oftentimes saved our asses from the 3-point line. His sense of humor is invaluable.

Cisco, you did what you could and had some shining moments.

You both contributed to championships and that's all we can ever ask.

Good luck to both of you! You will be warmly received when our paths cross again.

:toast

duncan228
02-20-2008, 06:38 PM
I loved Barry when I was in Seattle and he was a Sonic.
I was thrilled when he became a Spur.
I wish him the best, he's a class act on and off the court.

Sec24Row7
02-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Thank you BRENT. I'm sorry you are going to have to still deal with the 5 brain cells of Francisco Elson in Seattle.

Que Gee
02-20-2008, 06:42 PM
This is legit...Done deal.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Brent you were the most fun member of the team. You got the crowd riled up with your threes. You filled in nicely at the 1 when needed. You're a joy to have on the team and we were lucky to have you. Good luck wherever your next real stop is.

Hopefully, you'll be back. :toast

remingtonbo2001
02-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks for memories Brent (HEB commercials)

Enjoy the rings.

Good luck to the both of them.

bdictjames
02-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Brent was easily my 3rd favorite Spurs. I will be missing his quick deadly, three point swagger.

angel_luv
02-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Bye Brent! Best wishes.

Cya Cisco.

urunobili
02-20-2008, 06:53 PM
All the best Cisco and Brent! you contributed to this franchise with class!

ancestron
02-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Never thought this would be good-bye.
Usd-CWHSj1c

BonnerDynasty
02-20-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm kind of sad to see Barry go. He was finally performing great. Cool dude.

Glad he got some rings :toast

hater
02-20-2008, 06:55 PM
CIA Pop did it again. he did not mention that Barry's injury was much worse than reported. I think he was done for the season anyway.

CIA Pop strikes again.

2centsworth
02-20-2008, 06:56 PM
I really liked Brent. Cisco not so much.

ancestron
02-20-2008, 06:57 PM
And who could forget this one.
FQ_SGgoXJhU

Kori Ellis
02-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Brent Barry did lots of good things for the team. Plus he and his wife were very much involved in the San Antonio community. Good luck to them and their family :tu

Good luck to Elson too. I'm no fan of Elson on the basketball court, but I'm sure he's a good guy and I hope he finds success.

SouthernFried
02-20-2008, 07:03 PM
I miss Brent already...

Still a good trade tho.

DieMrBond
Damn, there goes my favourite Spurs player in Barry. I loved what he brought to the team, and since he started playing like he wanted to be here, he was going great things before his injury.

Oh well, fingers crossed he comes back again sometime. Good luck in Seattle!

e20dylan
i just cried a lil watchin those vids

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I'll really miss Brent.

He fit in so well with the Spurs! It seemed like he loved the guys. Hope he comes back somehow.

Francisco Elson didn't seem to confident in the end, it's a shame he didn't work out to be the ideal lean, mean center the Spurs wanted when they first picked him up.

It looked like he kept going to Tim and Manu for advice though. He just didn't work out.

spurschick
02-20-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.spurschick.com/bones.jpg

bdictjames
02-20-2008, 07:11 PM
And who could ever EVER forget this:

http://www.nba.com/media/Brentbarry_600_060425.jpg

ednobli2
02-20-2008, 07:12 PM
I still remember seeing that skinny kid win the dunk contest in San Antonio in 96. It was beautiful.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-20-2008, 07:15 PM

The ball hit the rim and backboard in 7 different places on that play.
Never clutched my fist harder than when that happened. :hat

timvp
02-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Hopefully Barry is brought back. If not this year, then next year. He still has a little bit of gas in the tank. It sucks that he finally figured out what Pop wanted from him and then got injured. I guess that's how life goes, though.

I crusaded against signing Elson to begin with but I actually grew to kinda like the guy. Hard worker, cared about winning and never made a fuss. He deserved the championship ring he got last year.

Props to both players. Hopefully Elson can stick around the NBA a few more years -- he's good enough to play on this level. Hopefully Barry becomes a Spur again. If not, thanks for the memories.

:tu

Joe Schmoogins
02-20-2008, 07:16 PM
ya its gonna take a while for me to get over the loss of brent. He was a class act in every way. I'm gonna miss him for sure. Brent!!!!

Cisco... you'll be missed as well...

Spurs Brazil
02-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks for everything Brent

2 rings

I hope Sonics waive him so he can comeback to get the 3rd one

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-20-2008, 07:17 PM
One of Barry's last plays as a Spur (for all we know right now)
:smokin
Usd-CWHSj1c

:depressed :cry :cry :pctoss :vomit:

BonnerDynasty
02-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Elson definitely had his moments. When he was on, HE WAS ON.

bdictjames
02-20-2008, 07:19 PM
The ball hit the rim and backboard in 7 different places on that play.
Never clutched my fist harder than when that happened. :hat
I was actually about to leave the room when that happened. I couldnt stand seeing us struggle against the Kings like that.

But Barry was just great. When that went in, I left the room and I knew the Spurs are going to win it.

Thank you Brent!!! Spurs fans will miss you so much.. its so sad for you to be traded.

bdictjames
02-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Elson definitely had his moments. When he was on, HE WAS ON.
Like that great double-double against the Pistons which started our winning streak on the RRT last year.

Mostly he was more bad than good though. But the big guy was never a complainer. I hope he learned from Tim Duncan, Popovich and the whole Spurs crew.

Behrooz24
02-20-2008, 07:21 PM
f elson.

Barry will always be my nga :( :cry

celldweller
02-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks Brent! SEE YOU IN A MONTH !! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smieyebrow.gif

baseline bum
02-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I'll never forget the way Brent absolutely torched Phoenix in game 1 of the 05 WCF, or the way he kept us in game 3 of the Finals in Detroit (until Beno came in and blew the game). Also, he was great in backing up the point in game 7 of the Finals.

Bruno
02-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Both were good soldiers, I will miss them.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
My memory of Elson was of him shouting "Party Like A Rock Star" (I think that's what he was saying) after he got his ring on the stage...:lol

I really wouldn't have minded if he helped us out for one more year, he just didn't improve enough in time before the trade...

bigfan
02-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Well sorry to see ole Bones go, he was a great Spur but I think we all knew he wasnt coming back after the end of the season. As for Elson, I liked the guy and still think he has untapped potential. I dont car about the draft pick that much right now, we have plenty. I want to know more about Thomas.

porscha
02-20-2008, 07:34 PM
:cry :cry hate to see brent is leaving, hopefully he will be back..thank you brent

SA Gunslinger
02-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks to both, but especially Barry. He even said he wanted to Steve Kerr his way to some rings. Hopefully he will get one more if everything works out.

Agloco
02-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Two cool doods.....

Good luck to them. It's gotta be a shitty feeling though, eh? Going from a contender to a team with absolutely no hope at all........

:donkey :donkey :donkey

angel_luv
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
At least they get to be reunited with Coach Carlesimo. :)

MannyIsGod
02-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I really hope Brent comes back. He was one of my favorite Spurs to watch. He, Manu, and Tony on the court together could be magical at times.

Thanks dude.

Budkin
02-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Please Sonics buyout Barry so we can have him back!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Farewell Brent, you were a great Spur and will be missed. I loved your smarts, those transition D hustle steals and broken plays that you were so good at, and that strange slingshot of yours that splashed so many nets. May you be happy and successful wherever you are.

Fransisco, you tried hard and cared, I'm pretty sure you're a great guy, and for the rest of your life you'll be an NBA champion. Thanks for the effort.

Peace.

Avitus1
02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Tough trade. It would be nice if the Sonics waived him and he came back the man brings a lot to the team. He is also is very entertaining (HEB Commercials.)

Goodbye Elson.... you came through when we needed you (most of the time.)

spursrocksocks
02-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Barry was one of my favorites, he was just a great all around guy I hope he makes his way back here soon

T Park
02-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Hopefully Barry is brought back. If not this year, then next year. He still has a little bit of gas in the tank. It sucks that he finally figured out what Pop wanted from him and then got injured. I guess that's how life goes, though.

I crusaded against signing Elson to begin with but I actually grew to kinda like the guy. Hard worker, cared about winning and never made a fuss. He deserved the championship ring he got last year.

Props to both players. Hopefully Elson can stick around the NBA a few more years -- he's good enough to play on this level. Hopefully Barry becomes a Spur again. If not, thanks for the memories.

:tu

Disagree about Elson, but pretty much spot on on how I feel.

Brent as much as I bagged on you, you were very funny and a fantastic teammate.

Hopefully your stackhoused and brought back, you were gonna be fantastic in the playoffs.

Brutalis
02-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Aw Barry. You will be missed bro. As for Elson, see ya.

carina_gino20
02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh, man. I hate to see Brent go. :depressed And though Cisco wasn't really doing much this year, he also had his moments. But it's basketball, and it's business, I guess. At least Brent got two rings, and Cisco got one.

All the best. At least there's still the Spurs connection in PJ.

T Park
02-20-2008, 08:29 PM
I've got a strange feeling that Barry is just gonna rehab and rest that calf for 30 days.

If so, and comes back at the end of March, it works out perfect. The calf gets to pretty damn close to 100%, and he was probobly gonna miss the next 3 weeks anyways.

Cross your fingers Spurs fans that Brent gets stackhoused (TM Chumpdumper)

reddog 99
02-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Brent will always be a Spur to me. He flourished here and finally found a band of basketball brothers. Its sad when someone has to take it for the team.

The Barry family will be missed if they truly have to leave.

I'll never forget his last playing time before he got injured. He was so happy to give us those back to back three's especially off of some good "D". When he was running down the court he was so happy and swung up both fingers with who we are "Number One Baby"

eyes closed, eyes closed :cry :cry

Come back soon Bones!

E20
02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I've always liked Barry for his game and he is a local product. Hopefully the Sonics buy out an injured Barry on his last year so the Spurs can sign him. PLEAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEe

jag
02-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Damn i'm gonna miss Brent.

Cherry
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks Brent! SEE YOU IN A MONTH !! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smieyebrow.gif

:lol

RashoFan
02-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Spurschick summed it up! Thank to both Brent and Cisco. San Antonio will always welcome you guys back! Thanks to ancestron for posting those great moments that Brent and Cisco had in a Spurs uniform. Good luck to both of you guys!

Ghost Writer
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks, guys.

Barry was my favorite Spurs since Jackson left.

Oh, well.

Basketball is a business and the Spurs needed front court help.

SequSpur
02-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Brent Barry is awesome, I hope he comes back. Elson sucks.

ShoogarBear
02-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Thank you BRENT. I'm sorry you are going to have to still deal with the 5 brain cells of Francisco Elson in Seattle.One cell per language spoken is pretty good.

Fernando TD21
02-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks and good luck. :toast

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-20-2008, 10:53 PM
8b3mftcV0dY
I'll dump a 40 on the sidewalk for them. Gonna miss Barry for so many reasons. Gonna miss Elson because he was one more flag that the Spurs could wave around. If nothing else, I think Frankie set a world record in how fast this board went from hailing him as a savior to crucifying him. That opener against Dirk was something else.

tp2021
02-20-2008, 11:03 PM
bring back brent barry!
bring back brent barry!
(thats a bit of a tongue twister)
he was underappreciated here.

elson...you couldve done so much more. but you helped when you could, and for that we must be thankful.

fare thee well.

deadratsam
02-20-2008, 11:05 PM
I was so glad that he wasn't traded that last time he almost got sent away. I knew it was a possibility now, but I still wasn't prepared for this. I can't believe I'm actually crying. Inside I'm bawling and wailing incoherently. Outside I'm a bit watery-eyed.

I will really miss him.

deadratsam
02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Great, now with that video I'm definitely depressed.

debo
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
good luck brent and elson. i will miss both even though elson never did reach his potential.

ATX Spur
02-20-2008, 11:58 PM
Damn. That is some cold shit. Well I sincerely hope this makes us better, because I was sure Barry had a couple more game-changing shots in the bag for us. I will miss you, Brent.

peskypesky
02-21-2008, 12:00 AM
I'll miss Brent. I liked him and his shooting helped us out a lot at crucial times. But the West just got a LOT bigger real quick, so i think this is a very wise move.

~Sweetmelody~
02-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Brent I will miss you! Good Luck Elson.

FromWayDowntown
02-21-2008, 12:26 AM
I was thinking about this thread lying in bed a minute ago and thought again about that last home game that Brent played for the Spurs (for now at least; I'm not going to get my hopes up that he's back this season -- just a hunch). What a great way to go out, if that was it. I'm glad that others thought to post the video -- a fitting tribute, I suppose. It would be great to have a mix of clips from his killer performances in Phoenix in 2005, too, but it was those sorts of efforts that made him a fan favorite. Brent Barry was one of my favorite Spurs from the moment he signed in the summer of 2004. While he could be streaky, he always played hard and maintained a great attitude. I'm glad that, if nothing else, he earned 2 rings during his time here. He was undoubtedly an instrumental part of both titles. I think that Brent Barry will go down as one of the more beloved players in the history of this franchise for his play on the court, for his vivaciousness off the court, and for his selfless involvement in this community.

I can't fault Francisco Elson's effort, because it was a constant. I rooted for him to succeed here and I'm glad that he ended up playing well enough in the Finals to have made a difference for a title team. And at least Francisco will always hold one Spurs record -- best FG% in a Finals series (he was 6-6 against the Cavs). The gamble didn't completely pay off, but it also wasn't a complete bust and Cisco gave us everything he had to make sure that was the case.

Fabbs
02-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Props to both Barry and Cisco.
They both contributed to Championships.
Barry 2, Elson 1.

genomefreak13
02-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Brent will be back to the spurs...He will finish what stackhouse started in Dallas.

Russ
02-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Brent, you hit some key shots in two title runs.

Cisco, you allowed us to survive the Jackie Butler adventure.

Thanks to you both. :clap :clap :clap

ancestron
02-21-2008, 03:20 AM
good bye mango tree.

SenorSpur
02-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Much love to both Barry and Cisco. Hate to see you boys go. It was fun while it lasted. Gonna miss Barry's on and off the court shenanigans. Too bad Cisco never got it figured out here. I hope he goes on to find success somewhere else. Amazing how he regressed this year.

m33p0
02-21-2008, 03:42 AM
i will barry. if only elson played up to par, the trade would not have been needed.

t park, i'm hoping for that too.

how much cap space is available to the spurs?

whottt
02-21-2008, 04:05 AM
Brent...you came here to Steve Kerr it for a few years and you left with the same number of rings in fewer years...

2 rings in 3 years is a pretty good ratio...and thanks for being the entire back up guard rotation in 05....in what was our toughest run.

You were a better Spur than Steve Kerr :tu

Please don't go to Phoenix or you'll be on my shit list. Yes it's your right to go...just know that when you got a top rival and screw us out of a year of Duncan's prime...that's not really a nice way to repay those two rings on your fingers.

Cisco...I have no idea why you pissed everyone one off...but I thought you had an awesome attitude and were a fun player to watch. I particularly enjoyed the way you could screw up the other team without being on same page as the rest of the team or having a clue what you were doing...I just know it worked pretty well and almost always to our benfit...and your best games tended to be big games against our top rivals. Nice job :tu

dg7md
02-21-2008, 04:33 AM

Me, because that was the year we lost to the Mavs. What a series, though.

Anyway, Brent will probably be retiring soon, but he was a for real player on the Sonics so I hope he gets a lot of play time up there if he does keep on his shoes for a while. He was definitely a great tool here for our championship runs.

I'll miss him, but we did better our chances with this trade.

hsxvvd
02-21-2008, 04:37 AM
Oh great more Bruce during the ring ceremony this year! :rolleyes

When I read all the talk about the possiblity of trading for Thomas, I was against it, because I simply didn't want to lose Brent. A true professional, an entertainer, a winner.

RADECK
02-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Brent Barry is awesome, I hope he comes back. Elson sucks.

true

I wish Barry all best, is it really option he comes back?

SpursFan0728
02-21-2008, 05:15 AM
good luck brent and elson. i will miss both even though elson never did reach his potential.

Deimosfobos
02-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Brent better be back in 30 days...

wildchild
02-21-2008, 07:28 AM
When I read all the talk about the possiblity of trading for Thomas, I was against it, because I simply didn't want to lose Brent. A true professional, an entertainer, a winner.

I didn't want to lose Brent, too. I'll miss the guy. Really. Bring Brent!. Now!.

spursjustice
02-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Brent thanks for the clutch shots... witty comments to the media... and that HEB ad...
Cisco, thanks for you're enthusiasm....

Both will be miss.. Brent more than Cisco...

Like a lot of others here, I really hope to see Brent back...

Quasar
02-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Brent: Thanks for your selflessness! Hope the Spurs find a way to put you back on our team soon!

smeagol
02-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Brent Barry was a stud, regardless of what many posters thought about him in 2005 and 2006.

Good luck to you, Bones!

WildcardManu
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I really, really really really really really really really hope he gets bought out and he rushes back to S.A.

alamo50
02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
I was very happy when Elson joined the Spurs, being the 1st mobile big man to play at C after 5-0 retired. He can run and shoot. Too bad it turned out to be a "Run Forrest Run" type o' deal.

Proud that I was a part of the playoffs when he became the 1st dutch bball playa to win the NBA championship and with my Spurs nevertheless!
All the best in Seattle Francisco. I am sure you will be back to your Denver numbers soon. Your signed Spurs jersey will remain hanging in my lil' ol' Sppurs museum forever.

At the same time I am very happy that we finaly added Thomas to our squad.
Kevin Willis #2, go get 'em!

GO SPURS GO!!!