PDA

View Full Version : Jake Shields Wants to Fight Kimbo Slice Right Away

dallaskd
02-20-2008, 06:59 PM
WTF??? LOL here is a myspace posting by Chuck Liddell..go ahead and watch the video on MMAjacked.com....

Date: Feb 20, 2008 5:33 PM

Subject: Will Kimo Slice take the challenge?

Body: Jake Shields says he would destroy Kimbo Slice and would fight him right away. It is in the archive video section of www.mmajacked.com in order for the people to have access, that they must be members (membership is free and takes a few minutes). Create your account if you haven't already, this video was hilarious and very geniune and real!

Chuck

Please re-post this as I want everyone to know about this and get this fight to happen, the media can make it happen.....i have already got over 500 messages from people regarding this.....

-----------

Notice he spelt Kimbo "Kimo" lol. They are both in EliteXC right? I wouldnt mind it but Kimbo is way to big for him. Jake is probably ready for another fight soon and Kimbo's last fight was 40 seconds so he's trained and could be ready to go soon. Who would take it??? Watch the video it's pretty funny.

dallaskd
02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Video on Google Video...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6328408296805910010&q=kimbo+slice+jake+shields&total=6&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

Evan
02-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Are we using special rules that a certain person uses to handicap a fight to where it's impossible for them to lose?

LEONARD
02-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Would be interesting...Shields is about as good as it gets at WW (and he's a big WW), but that's a big size/strength advantage. I'd probably go with Shields...

Evan
02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
At this point in his training me too

dallaskd
02-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Are we using special rules that a certain person uses to handicap a fight to where it's impossible for them to lose?

:lol your never gonna let up on the fedor bashing.

cornbread
02-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Shields would tap him.

Evan
02-21-2008, 09:32 AM
:lol your never gonna let up on the fedor bashing.

I don't hate him, I am one of his biggest fans believe it or not and used to be a very vocal defender of his.

I'm just frustrated with his career and the extreme slack the pathetic excuse for media gives him. The biggest area MMA needs to grow up is it's media. mmaweekly and mmajunkie are getting very good though.

As I have said before, I don't think this has anything to do with him directly. I don't think he has the slighest clue fans are starting to feel this way about him. His management team is doing this to him and I bet he is only seeing a fraction of the money he is getting. Anyone who follow's hockey has a good idea how bad the Russian players get screwed by their agents.

I do think he is a top 5 HW and top 10 P4P.

I understand part of his career will always be fighting suspect bizarre fights to please his Japanese fans…I get that. But his last elite fight was in 2005…since then he had Mark Hunt but he thinks so much of MMA he is doing fake wreastling in Japan now.

My breaking point with Fedor was the Lindland fight...

MaNuMaNiAc
02-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Notice he spelt Kimbo "Kimo" lol. They are both in EliteXC right? I wouldnt mind it but Kimbo is way to big for him. Jake is probably ready for another fight soon and Kimbo's last fight was 40 seconds so he's trained and could be ready to go soon. Who would take it??? Watch the video it's pretty funny.

Priceless! :lol

dallaskd
02-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Well I also think Bob Sapp vs Kimbo would be a great fight but i dont think that will happen either.

Evan
02-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Well I also think Bob Sapp vs Kimbo would be a great fight but i dont think that will happen either.

Astute observation

But the politics of Strikeforce and EliteXC surviving may make it happen but the fighter's managers will do whatever they can to stop it.

So I agree with you unless the orgs can force them into it. And I mean a serious battle.

dallaskd
02-23-2008, 01:10 AM
I though Sapp was in K-1 ?

dallaskd
02-23-2008, 01:11 AM
EDIT:

**thought**

Evan
02-23-2008, 09:02 AM
I though Sapp was in K-1 ?

He is fighting tonight for Strikeforce.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/01/21/bob-sapp-vs-jan-nortje-headlines-feb-23-strikeforce-event/

dallaskd
02-23-2008, 07:39 PM
He is fighting tonight for Strikeforce.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/01/21/bob-sapp-vs-jan-nortje-headlines-feb-23-strikeforce-event/

And free on HDnet. Nice! how did i miss this?

Evan
02-24-2008, 01:35 AM
And free on HDnet. Nice! how did i miss this?

Because following his career has been frustrating to follow since nobody knows if it will happen until the last minute.

Evan
02-24-2008, 01:53 AM
He_is_pathetic

wow...oh just wow....

That was sad...he has zero interest in taking a hit.

dallaskd
02-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Sapp got his ass kicked but you gotta love the guy. His intrance was epic. aww and i feel for Joe riggs...hes one of my favs. the dude sapp fought is a douche.

Evan
02-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah his entrance was awesome. I love Sapp...he should just run the Japanese wrestling circuit.