PDA

View Full Version : 14th Roster Spot - Wing Player?

AFBlue
02-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Spurs saved a bit of cash with the Thomas deal and probably need to add a wing player for depth purposes....

Do you think they'll go out and trade for current roster fodder like Gerald Green, will they just pick up one of the Toros for the rest of the season (i.e Langford?), or will they just stick to 13 roster spots going into the playoffs?

djohn14
02-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I'd love to get Gerald Green, but I think Langford is much more likely.

timvp
02-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I wonder if the Spurs now have room to sign a player to a minimum contract and stay below the threshold.

After looking at the numbers, I'm pretty sure the Spurs do. After all is said and done, perhaps this trade will look like Elson and a first for Thomas, a re-signed Barry and another minimum player.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2008, 08:53 PM
If Barry doesn't come back, it would be a good idea to find a young SG or SF for the future if nothing else. Langford is always an option, as is Marcus Williams. I think DerMarr failed his audition earlier this season, but he can still shoot. The pickings are getting a little slimmer in the D-League as many players have signed in Europe. My favorite still probably has to be the D-Fenders' Sean Banks.

AFBlue
02-20-2008, 09:01 PM
I thought about the Barry deal, but I didn't see any indication that Seattle was going to waive him. Usually that stuff is reported outright when the deal becomes public knowledge.

I'll be on the lookout for that story in the next few days, but if Barry isn't getting waived, then who might it be?

Chump,

Banks isn't Lakers property is he? Just playing for their team right?

ChumpDumper
02-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Right. The Lakers have no rights to him.