PDA

View Full Version : Rose over Mutombo should have been

Rummpd
01-07-2005, 12:24 PM
On all time game dunks = hard and over a former defensive player of the year. The look of "elbows" was priceless.

I must admit it I like seeing the scoreboard come crashing down on Shaq's head though!

MadDoc

ShoogarBear
01-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Hah. Last night in chat we managed to name most of them ahead of time:

-Vince Carter over Weis
-Dr. J's Rock-the-Cradle
-Shaq bringing down the backboard
-John Starks over the Bulls
-Dawkins (although they showed his second glass-breaker, not the original I-Am-Jam)

We also knew there would be at least one Dominique and one MJ (Though I don't know how we forgot specifically about his baseline one; that should have been a gimme). Forgot about the Pippen one against the Knicks, which was nasty mostly because of the way he punked Ewing after the dunk.

Ricky Davis' was WEAK! HORRIBLE choice!

Malik over Mutumbo was mentioned, but we guessed that it probably wouldn't get chosen.

We also thought (wrongly) that Webber over Barkley would get picked, just because of Charles' presence.

And they should have included Jerome Lane's glass-breaker when he was at UPitt: "Send it in, Jerome!"

Taco
01-07-2005, 12:31 PM
On all time game dunks = hard and over a former defensive player of the year. The look of "elbows" was priceless.

I must admit it I like seeing the scoreboard come crashing down on Shaq's head though!

MadDoc

After Rose dunked, I liked how Ferry and Smith stood up off the bench and shook their finger at The Cookie Monster :lol

Jimcs50
01-07-2005, 12:34 PM
That Carter dunk in the Olympics was freakin sick, I had forgotten about that one. I mean he completely leaped over the guy's head...that should have been an Olympic high jump record too.

:)

boutons
01-07-2005, 12:35 PM
JO's post-Technical dunk last night on both Tim AND Rasho was pretty nasty and embarrassing.

Tim played matatdor and crawfish, while Rasho basically stood flat-footed under the basket, safely out of danger, with his hands up, looking like he was trying to block a jump shot, and actually defensively turned his head away as Jermaine rammed it home.

BigVee
01-07-2005, 12:45 PM
JO's post-Technical dunk last night on both Tim AND Rasho was pretty nasty and embarrassing.

Tim played matatdor and crawfish, while Rasho basically stood flat-footed under the basket, safely out of danger, with his hands up, looking like he was trying to block a jump shot, and actually defensively turned his head away as Jermaine rammed it home.

We all know both Rasho and Tim let it go because after someone complains there will be a make-up call...so no matter if TD had blocked it square a foul was going to be called and he knew it.

Rummpd
01-07-2005, 12:55 PM
J'O'Neil 32 points on over 30 shots exactly as I predicted. One athletic dunk but nothing Amare doesn't do each game.

Case closed.

MadDoc

boutons
01-07-2005, 12:59 PM
wow, JO 12-30 FGM-A. I'm astonished to see that. It sure felt like he shot a LOT better than that, and esp because the team FGs was 51%.

T Park
01-07-2005, 01:03 PM
while Rasho basically stood flat-footed under the basket,

while having 5 fouls and smartly knowing that attempting to block that dunk, while getting all ball would be suicide, because he just had a BF.

Rummpd
01-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Not to diss O'Neil to think that the Spurs should have pursued him over Kidd a few years back. He is a stud. Oh what a front line Duncan and O'Neill would have made.

MadDoc

BigVee
01-07-2005, 01:26 PM
wow, JO 12-30 FGM-A. I'm astonished to see that. It sure felt like he shot a LOT better than that, and esp because the team FGs was 51%.

Me too. It seemed like he made every outside shot he took.

mysterious_elf26
01-07-2005, 01:31 PM
I don't know if you all remember this, but a dunk that sticks in my head was the Cory Alexander dunk against the rockets. He duncked it over 3 rocket players. They were Pippen, Barkley, and for some reason I can't remember the third. Anyways, I thought it was an amazing dunk for a guy his size.

SPARKY
01-07-2005, 02:40 PM
The Starks and KJ dunks should not have been included in that list. Nique and MJ did better than that in their sleep. Small surprise that the only gringo on that list was Tom Chambers. Every white man in America remembers that one.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Hell, what about Manu's earlier this year against the Lakers? He dunked on three guys.

boutons
01-07-2005, 02:56 PM
There are so many great dunks over the years. No way there will there any agreement on a Top 10 in this beauty contest.

PM5K
01-07-2005, 03:45 PM
I think there can be some agreement to some extent. I mean how many reasonable people don't think that DR J and Jordan dunk don't belong, not many...

As for the bench guys wagging the finger, it was better when Jordan did it. He dunked right over him (a much younger Mutombo mind you) and looked right at him and wagged his finger, and then subsequently got a technical foul ;-)

Oh and I like what Charles said, dunking over Europeans doesn't count (no offense).... ;-)

ShoogarBear
01-07-2005, 04:27 PM
They will still be replaying that Dr. J dunk 20 years from now.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-07-2005, 04:34 PM
um what about all star game dunk from vince when he put his elbow in the net?

Useruser666
01-07-2005, 04:36 PM
um what about all star game dunk from vince when he put his elbow in the net?

I was watching and wondered why they didn't show that either. It was pretty good.

baseline bum
01-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Carter did that same dunk over Tim in the the home opener of the 2002-03 season.... but Tim's like 4-5 inches shorter than Weiss.

SpursWoman
01-07-2005, 04:58 PM
So many to choose from.....but I still loved Carter's jumping over that tall dude in the Olympics the best. That was awesome.

:wow :wow

MannyIsGod
01-07-2005, 06:39 PM
The dunks on the show last night all had to be in a game, thats why no dunk contest dunks where used.

ALVAREZ6
01-07-2005, 06:53 PM
the Vince Carter dunk over the 7 foot frenchie was the best dunk ever.

Jumpin over someone that tall and dunking it.......... :depressed

SequSpur
01-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Who is Vince Carter?

Oh... is he that allstar that we could've possible traded a couple of hot dogs for?

No way.

Not Vince.

Rummpd
01-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Vince + McGrady = cousins in crime (sandbagging effort) and losers.

MadDoc

GrandeDavid
01-08-2005, 10:36 AM
^Agreed!