PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dallas....

stxspurs
02-21-2008, 12:02 AM
i guess kidd was worth it huh?.... :lmao

Shank
02-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah, you're right. Fuck us after one game. I mean, what's going to happen now? The Mavs lost to the team with the best record in the West after plugging in their new PG only a day ago. It's probably a trend, though. We could easily spread what happened in this game out over a 100-game timeline and the math would show the Mavs would go 0-100 in that span.

z0sa
02-21-2008, 12:09 AM
don't be so defensive. getting jason kidd WAS a good move.

but honestly, you're sacrificing your defense and future for it.

ancestron
02-21-2008, 12:11 AM
rofl

cheguevara
02-21-2008, 12:17 AM
don't be so defensive. getting jason kidd WAS a good move.

it's a good move if you're trying to take Steve Kerr's "Dumbest GM of the league" award

monosylab1k
02-21-2008, 12:18 AM
you're sacrificing your defense and future for it.
Chris Paul scored 33 on Devin Harris last time they played. That's way better than Kidd, right?

Findog
02-21-2008, 12:19 AM
We're going to get another 8 or 9 of these threads...everytime the Mavs lose.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-21-2008, 01:25 AM
We're going to get another 8 or 9 of these threads...everytime the Mavs lose.at least... 'course Mavs fans aren't overly sensitive, so there shouldn't be a problem... right?

Findog
02-21-2008, 01:28 AM
at least... 'course Mavs fans aren't overly sensitive, so there shouldn't be a problem... right?

Mavs fans need thick skin after the last two playoff exits. :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
02-21-2008, 01:48 AM
Why are Spur Fans starting threads about Dallas?

Do we see Dallas fans starting threads after the Spurs lose?

Jason Kidd makes Dallas better against everyone except the Spurs..and who knows if they will play the Spurs, so it was a good trade for Dallas.

Dallas also realized that they weren't going to win with their current team so the upgraded it..smart move. Dirk is in his prime so give him the best opportunity to win a title and Kidd does that!No offense adam, but I don't think you realize how amazingly fucking boring this forum would be if fucking with Mavs fans was not part of the program. Its borderline a sport around here, don't you know that?

Road Warrior
02-21-2008, 02:18 AM

Yeah i agree that shit gets annoying. Worry about your own damn team.

z0sa
02-21-2008, 02:19 AM
Chris Paul scored 33 on Devin Harris last time they played. That's way better than Kidd, right?

that was with diop downlow?

Oh my.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2008, 02:21 AM

You're kidding, right?

mavsfan1000
02-21-2008, 02:27 AM
How long are you going to make excuses for Kidd? He is like Nash on defense. We are screwed unless we get a defensive big man or defensive point guard like Watson.

z0sa
02-21-2008, 02:30 AM
How long are you going to make excuses for Kidd? He is like Nash on defense. We are screwed unless we get a defensive big man or defensive point guard like Watson.

watson isn't what the mavs need. they needed someone like kidd, only they needed to keep diop.

mavsfan1000
02-21-2008, 02:44 AM
watson isn't what the mavs need. they needed someone like kidd, only they needed to keep diop.
True. I never liked Bass playing center. The more he plays it, the more he'll get exposed as well as he is undersized even at the power forward position. Harris is a much better defender than Kidd is now. The Kidd of 5 years ago was a good defender. Also my complaints on Kidd is he stands around when he doesn't have the ball. This really hurts when we do our iso offense as the player guarding Kidd can help out as he isn't a good enough 3 point threat. Harris is a better shooter. Kidd is great with lob passes but we have no high flyers on our team. I just don't see Dallas as a good fit for Kidd.

z0sa
02-21-2008, 02:50 AM
True. I never liked Bass playing center. The more he plays it, the more he'll get exposed as well as he is undersized even at the power forward position. Harris is a much better defender than Kidd is now. The Kidd of 5 years ago was a good defender. Also my complaints on Kidd is he stands around when he doesn't have the ball. This really hurts when we do our iso offense as the player guarding Kidd can help out as he isn't a good enough 3 point threat. Harris is a better shooter. Kidd is great with lob passes but we have no high flyers on our team. I just don't see Dallas as a good fit for Kidd.

Honestly, you gotta give the guy more time. It can take whole seasons for a team to get used to their point guard. Before long I bet you'll be seeing lobs to Howard and maybe even Dampier and Dirk (:lol). Offensively, this is going to make your team better for sure. Its defensively, the matchup problems which are going to be a painful thorn in the side.

edit: I havent seen very much of Bass, but isn't he only 6'8? Unless hes the ben wallace type, that does sound a bit shitty at the C position ...

LEONARD
02-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Wow...just...wow...

I knew there'd be a genius thread like this today... :lol

Findog
02-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Mavs are apparently going to wait until after the trade deadline and try to score a big after buyouts. When are playoff rosters finalized?

Shank
02-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Trade exception for Anthony Johnson expires today. Use it or lose it, Mavs.

Findog
02-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Trade exception for Anthony Johnson expires today. Use it or lose it, Mavs.

They used part of it on Antoine Wright. I think it's only $900k

Shank
02-21-2008, 02:46 PM
And after today, it's $0 unless it's used.

dallaskd
02-21-2008, 05:45 PM
i guess kidd was worth it huh?.... :lmao

They just traded half of their team and a new point guard who has had one hour and a half practice and a shoot around. PLUS they lost to the best record in the west. Your probably right...Dallas sucks big,hairy,nasty,sweaty balls.

Shank
02-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Oddly enough, stxspurs represents the opinions of every Mavs fan I've heard today. Jesus, I've never seen so many people ready to jump off the bandwagon after ONE GAME and already declaring the trade a failure. It hurts my taint.

td4mvp21
02-21-2008, 07:47 PM
It's one game, I don't know why Spurs fans and even some Mavs fans are going crazy over it. It was against the Hornets...not a team I would want to play against after aquiring a new point guard.

Findog
02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Oddly enough, stxspurs represents the opinions of every Mavs fan I've heard today. Jesus, I've never seen so many people ready to jump off the bandwagon after ONE GAME and already declaring the trade a failure. It hurts my taint.

My only trepidations with the trade is that it's going to take about 10 games or so before these guys start to really get used to each other, and for all intents and purposes the playoffs have already started and we can't afford to lose games. They were down 65-62 late in the third when the Hornets made their run and the wheels fell off. And some of those sloppy turnovers won't happen once these guys know where everyone is going to be on the floor.

Avery needs to stop playing around with the rotations and start treating these games as must-wins.