PDA

View Full Version : Euro declines against the dollar

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2005, 01:46 PM
In more news you won't hear from NBadallah...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&u=/nm/20050107/bs_nm/markets_forex_dc_46&printer=1

Yonivore
01-07-2005, 01:50 PM
From who?

Clandestino
01-07-2005, 01:51 PM
the europeans can't afford for the dollar to get much weaker... the weak dollar is one of the causes of THEIR recession. i hope the dollar can come back strong. i remember when it was 80 cents to a euro! when it gets back to at least $1.10-E1 I'm going back for a visit.

Yonivore
01-07-2005, 01:55 PM
the europeans can't afford for the dollar to get much weaker...
You say that as if they have some specific control over the issue.

exstatic
01-07-2005, 02:06 PM
:lmao The dollar has been in a freefall against the Euro, it picks up for one day, and AHF is beating Dan over the head with it. Newsflash: a weak dollar makes US goods desirable overseas. This is not neccessarily a good piece of news.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2005, 02:14 PM
ex, I know what it means economically, but some people around here were downright giddy over the fall of the dollar.

Nbadan
01-07-2005, 03:47 PM
ex, I know what it means economically, but some people around here were downright giddy over the fall of the dollar.

:rolleyes

No one here is giddy about a free-falling dollar, but it is news in that foreign investors, who are buying an increasing amount of our national debt get skittish when the dollar falls because their investments fall, and someday, that may make them buy less U.S. debt unless we raise interest rates here dramatically, or W finally does what he says (for once) and cuts spending across the board - not likely given the on-going conflict in Iraq.

Ex, is right though, a one day correction is not an anomaly, but the over-all trend is for the dollar to keep falling as long as we keep piling on the national debt. Manufacturing is helped by the weak dollar, but there is so little 'real' manufacturing going on in the U.S. today, mostly because of out-sourcing, that we are still running record trade deficits, despite cheaper U.S. goods.

Good to see people are finally interested in this topic though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Gimme a break, Dan. Anytime anything negative hits the news waves, you're here with bells and whistles on.