PDA

View Full Version : Celtics starting to decline?

peskypesky
02-21-2008, 02:11 AM
Two straight losses to Western teams....

Sense
02-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Happens to alot of teams....... umm.... no

z0sa
02-21-2008, 02:15 AM
dunno if I'd call that a decline exactly...

but it does seem like they could be peaking too early and not have enough juice and ambition left for a long playoff run.

peskypesky
02-21-2008, 02:36 AM
dunno if I'd call that a decline exactly...

but it does seem like they could be peaking too early and not have enough juice and ambition left for a long playoff run.

That's what I'm wondering. They're not young, and the injuries have already started, and they clearly played HARD the first half of the season.

I'm not saying that two straight losses is proof of a decline, but maybe some cracks are starting to appear in the foundation.

How will Ray Allens's ankles hold up through the rest of the season?

z0sa
02-21-2008, 02:41 AM
I'm not sure about the injury bug. It can bite any one on any team. You just have to brave through it and hope for the best.

That said, have you noticed that Ray Allen is only shooting 42% from the field and .374 from three? Pierce is shooting better from three than allen. I don't think this bodes well for Boston - they don't want any one of their Big 3 being a volume shooter.

Indazone
02-21-2008, 03:50 AM
No it's just that the Western teams have now scouted out the Celtics and they aren't going to get owned twice. Celtics now start to lose to the top tier of the Western Conference.

Xylus
02-21-2008, 03:50 AM
No, they aren't declining. This happens to most teams who have stellar starts.

LA24
02-21-2008, 04:40 AM
No, they aren't declining. This happens to most teams who have stellar starts.
Hey Xylus, I think that pic in your sig is kinda outdated. :p: