PDA

View Full Version : Devin Gibson.......26pts last night. Leads nation in steals.

lebomb
02-21-2008, 11:57 AM
.........he is the reason Utsa has won 3 straight. This guy is only a freshman!!!! :clap

Roadrunners
02-21-2008, 03:31 PM
the dude can flat out play. i thought the whole team played well last night. smith was solid. dade and spencer rebounded well. gibson will be the best player if he finishes his career at utsa. important games coming up and if we can take the game from tx state on saturday we will be looking good coming up on tournament time. keep the momentum going.

blueman
02-21-2008, 09:24 PM
What if he finishes his career with UTSA?! The guy isn't leaving earlier for the NBA and he's not going to another school. That would be just straight up stupid, why would he leave when he can be the center of attention and the best player to ever put on a school's uniform? You must be smoking some good stuff :smokin you crazy :nope

GOUTSA
02-22-2008, 03:02 PM
He is awesome; hopefully we can beat the bobcats tomorrow to keep pace in the SLC.

adonis827
02-22-2008, 04:29 PM
must be related to daniel of the cavs?

Roadrunners
02-22-2008, 05:05 PM
i know he wont go nba early but you can never doubt someone transferring. i dont think he will moron i am just saying if he finishes all four years here he will be better than brown.

lebomb
02-22-2008, 09:06 PM
i know he wont go nba early but you can never doubt someone transferring. i dont think he will moron i am just saying if he finishes all four years here he will be better than brown.

Better? Maybe.....but, just as good is a pretty good bet.

They play two different possitions.......point (Gibson) and shooting (Brown).

:toast

Roadrunners
02-23-2008, 10:48 PM
wow what a win in ot on the road. gibson proving he is for real again and smith cluth free throws in the end. dade has really come on of late. 3rd place by ourself. good run put together just need to finish strong.

GOUTSA
02-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Yup, Gibson ...
27 points 5 steals 4 rebs 4 a.

lebomb
02-24-2008, 09:32 AM
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant ............... things are looking up!!! If Gabbidon and Francis had not gone down with injuries??!! :dramaquee

Roadrunners
02-24-2008, 06:08 PM
dont forget we dont have a real ball handler when gibson is out of game. both back up pg's are out.

GOUTSA
02-25-2008, 06:42 PM
I guess we're not the only ones that think he's good... he just got voted SLC player of the week..

http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.dbmlDB_OEM_ID=13100&ATCLID=1397516

blueman
02-25-2008, 11:32 PM

Then just come out and say that then and stop beating around the bush. To think that he would transfer tells me you don't know about his situation, and what you think of UTSA as a school. One of his best friends that he used to play with transfered from Lousiana Monroe to play with Devin. On the other topic, when comparing Devin to Devin, Gibson is the most important player UTSA has ever had and the best combonation of smarts and talent. Devin Brown was a very good player but off the court, not too great.

lebomb
02-26-2008, 06:54 AM
On the other topic, when comparing Devin to Devin, Gibson is the most important player UTSA has ever had

This is very debatable. Devin B. is the first player from Utsa to have longevity in the NBA......Derrick Gervin played a couple of years, but that was it for him. Devin B. is Utsa's recognition in the NBA......and he is a local. Devin B. has the career scoring record for San Antonio high school players as well as being named the NBDL mvp and rookie of the year at the same time. I dont think anyone from any school has done that before. Devin B. also has a championship ring from his hometown team the Spurs! Devin Gibson will be an awesome player......but, more important than Devin Brown???
:huh

Roadrunners
02-26-2008, 04:54 PM
yeah i know i dont know the entire situation about him cuz i dont know him. i just didnt want that to happen cuz we have had a lot of players transfer away lately. chill out. so that guy sei paye is his best friend???? from what i read he is pretty solid player. good for next year. important yes he is the most in my opinion. he is taking and injury bugged team who was struggling and turned it around when they could have just given up. i think he is an energizer. unbelievable player.

blueman
02-27-2008, 12:36 AM
yeah i know i dont know the entire situation about him cuz i dont know him. i just didnt want that to happen cuz we have had a lot of players transfer away lately. chill out. so that guy sei paye is his best friend???? from what i read he is pretty solid player. good for next year. important yes he is the most in my opinion. he is taking and injury bugged team who was struggling and turned it around when they could have just given up. i think he is an energizer. unbelievable player.

The reason why the players have been transferring is because they were either kicked off the team, or they were stupid and broke the law. You can tell Devin is about all business, I can't believe I have the honor to watch him for 3 more years. To answer Lebomb, Devin so far is the best player that the school has ever hand. D Brown had stacked teams to play on, not to mention McEvertt Powers, who was a beast in his own right. Devin has a team of role players while Brown had other great players beside him. That's why it's impressive that Gibson is doing so well because his supporting cast is inferior.

lebomb
02-27-2008, 07:30 AM
The reason why the players have been transferring is because they were either kicked off the team, or they were stupid and broke the law. You can tell Devin is about all business, I can't believe I have the honor to watch him for 3 more years. To answer Lebomb, Devin so far is the best player that the school has ever hand. D Brown had stacked teams to play on, not to mention McEvertt Powers, who was a beast in his own right. Devin has a team of role players while Brown had other great players beside him. That's why it's impressive that Gibson is doing so well because his supporting cast is inferior.

I completely disagree No Offense......but, if Francis and Gabbidon were healthy, both were hurt last season and this season....you could make the case that they are a great cast. I think BETTER than what Devin Brown had.