PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford is a fucking moron

baseline bum
02-21-2008, 01:37 PM
David(Los Angeles, California): Hi Chad, Do you see the Clippers making a move today? Also do you think Elton Brand will remain a Clipper or jump to the free agency market?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:33 PM ET ) If I'm the Clippers, I try to make a move right now with Elton Brand ... Here's my deal ... Shawn Marion and Jason Williams for Elton Brand and Corey Maggette and a future first. Brand's likely to opt out this summer and he'll be at the top of the Sixers list. If they move him to Miami (where he originally signed a qualifying offer if you remember) they at least get back a player (Marion has an opt out too this summer, but I doubt he'll exercise it) and get back some assets. Riley loves EB.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2008, 01:39 PM
This is true. Aside from the deal's being ridiculous on it's face, it is also against the rules to put together a trade package with Marion in it at this time.

Kindergarten Cop
02-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Also from the chat:

Derek, Salt Lake City: Chad...don't you think the Spurs basically stole Kurt Thomas yesterday?

Chad Ford: (1:30 PM ET ) Yeah. And it's a problem. The Lakers steal Gasol. The Hawks steal Mike Bibby. The Spurs steal Kurt Thomas. Now every GM wants the same type of deal. Send me a really good player and I'll give you back nothing of value in return. A few GMs are desperate enough to trade away great players for cap space ... but most aren't.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=19384

Spurminator
02-21-2008, 01:44 PM
That's stupid. The Thomas deal is nothing out of the ordinary for the salary cap era. The only "steal" so far has been Gasol. Bibby isn't that good. He was a salary dump. That happens.

baseline bum
02-21-2008, 01:44 PM
This is true. Aside from the deal's being ridiculous on it's face, it is also against the rules to put together a trade package with Marion in it at this time.

He never printed my response where I asked him if he was mad, and stated that Maggette is better than Williams by almost as much as Brand is better than Marion. Plus, a first that's going to be a lottery pick? What a jackass.

Holt's Cat
02-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Also from the chat:

Derek, Salt Lake City: Chad...don't you think the Spurs basically stole Kurt Thomas yesterday?

Chad Ford: (1:30 PM ET ) Yeah. And it's a problem. The Lakers steal Gasol. The Hawks steal Mike Bibby. The Spurs steal Kurt Thomas. Now every GM wants the same type of deal. Send me a really good player and I'll give you back nothing of value in return. A few GMs are desperate enough to trade away great players for cap space ... but most aren't.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=19384

The alternative seemed to be that Seattle would buy out Thomas' contract to save some $. So they get a 1st round pick and will be able to shave a little $ off their payroll by buying out Barry. Some "steal".

baseline bum
02-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Scott (Orlando, FL): Are the Magic afraid to pull the trigger? They should have gotten Kurt Thomas (as they had expiring contracts and a better 1st rounder than SA). It wouldn't have cost them anything long term as Thomas is in the final year as well.

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:52 PM ET ) They were in the hunt for Thomas. I think they had a better first rounder to give the Sonics. The cynical view is that Sam Presti helped out the Spurs out of loyalty. I don't think the Magic can make a big deal because they seem very reluctant to part with either Turkoglu or Redick

baseline bum
02-21-2008, 01:59 PM

He's gotta be on the Heat for 90 days before he can be part of a deal that's not 1-for-1, correct?

Ghost Writer
02-21-2008, 02:02 PM
What is Riley's plan for the Heat?

Isn't Marion's deal up in '08?

baseline bum
02-21-2008, 02:03 PM
What is Riley's plan for the Heat?

Isn't Marion's deal up in '08?

I'm guessing it is drafting Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley.

George Gervin's Afro
02-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Eric (Catasauqua, PA): What are the chances Mike Miller and Kyle Lowry get traded today, and what in the world are the Grizzlies planning on doing?

Chad Ford: (1:28 PM ET ) A lot of GMs are confused. The Grizzlies gave away Pau Gasol for cap space and crappy draft picks ... but now their insisting that the get young talent or high draft picks for Miller and Lowry? Huh? I think they only way that there's a move here is if the a team can offer them some talent and take Brian Cardinal back in a deal. I think all of the criticism that Chris Wallace got on the Gasol deal has killed the chance that he makes a similar type deal for Miller and Lowry. Weird? If you're going to rebuild ... why not really rebuild?

But,but,but it's only spurs fans who are questioning the deal.. :rolleyes

Bob Lanier
02-21-2008, 02:12 PM
very reluctant to part with either Turkoglu or Redick
:downspin:

I don't like mean stupid people like either Chad Ford or Adolf Hitler.

Spurminator
02-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Man... how does Chad choose from so many great questions?

example:

Dale: Any updates to pass on?

baseline bum
02-21-2008, 02:30 PM
I asked that dumbass a couple of times about Cassell and got no response, but he posts that? :lol

baseline bum
02-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Damn, he didn't answer my question about why doesn't ESPN trade back for David Aldridge.

my2sons
02-21-2008, 03:12 PM
when did kurt become a GREAT PLAYER???????