PDA

View Full Version : Rosen gives Spurs A+

ednobli2
02-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I know Rosen is a tool but he had nice things to say about our trade. Also I hope that Bonzi does what he always does and Rosen is right. Even though Adlemen didn't coach him in Portland but Sacramento.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7825038/Wells-can-be-good-fit-if-he-works-hard-for-Hornets

gmanrulz
02-21-2008, 04:45 PM
I know Rosen is a tool but he had nice things to say about our trade. Also I hope that Bonzi does what he always does and Rosen is right. Even though Adlemen didn't coach him in Portland but Sacramento.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7825038/Wells-can-be-good-fit-if-he-works-hard-for-Hornets

Nice caption on the picture too: Adding Kurt Brown to their line-up is exactly what the Spurs needed to do.

Budkin
02-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Even Stephen A. Smith was giving us major props on this trade (not sure that's a good thing), but Ric Bucher was saying we were too old to beat athletic teams. :lmao

timvp
02-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Rosen mentions Elson being bought out too. Maybe the Spurs will bring him back after 30-days, too.

:dizzy

ednobli2
02-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah it felt good until a PROFESSIONAL writer can't double check his work.

Holt's Cat
02-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Rosen mentions Elson being bought out too. Maybe the Spurs will bring him back after 30-days, too.

:lol

Seattle just landed Donyell Marshall. I foresee a trade this summer.

Spurminator
02-21-2008, 04:49 PM
LMAO at his choice of comparison (bolded):

Seattle, on the other hand, was more interested in the future than the present. Barry and Elson, along with their respective contracts, will be cut loose as soon as the law allows. The addition of still another first-round pick, coupled with the creation of ample salary cap space, should make the Sonics important players in both the trading and free agent markets during the off-season.

It's hard to ignore the possibility of some Ainge-McHale-style hanky-panky between Sam Presti and his old team. Perhaps Seattle could have gotten more for Thomas. In any case, they got the chips they were seeking.

Seattle's grade: B+

Holt's Cat
02-21-2008, 04:51 PM
LMAO at his choice of comparison (bolded):

That is not an elephant you see.

Extra Stout
02-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Even Stephen A. Smith was giving us major props on this trade (not sure that's a good thing), but Ric Bucher was saying we were too old to beat athletic teams. :lmao

PLEASE God, just let the Suns win this year! Just once!

Ice009
02-21-2008, 05:19 PM

WOW that is crazy. So we could possibly get both back If they are bought out and willing to resign with us? Elson's athleticism could still be useful.

Surely the league would not allow both to come back would they? Even if there was no prearranged deal would the league still allow it? Would the Spurs risk trying to bring both back if they became available?

batboy
02-21-2008, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=Budkin] but Ric Bucher was saying we were too old to beat athletic teams. :lmao[/quoute]

Bucher never disappoints as a tool.

ploto
02-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Why would the Sprs want Elson back? He could sign with Dallas :lol

ChumpDumper
02-21-2008, 06:04 PM
He runs fast.

degenerate_gambler
02-21-2008, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=Budkin] but Ric Bucher was saying we were too old to beat athletic teams. :lmao[/quoute]

Bucher never disappoints as a tool.

he's unbelievable.

you should've hearding slobbing all over Kobe's knob this morning on Mike&Mike....

timvp
02-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Elson as inactive list fodder is pretty good value. He probably wouldn't even suit up unless something went wrong.

ApolloCreed
02-21-2008, 06:23 PM
I think Spurs fans are underestimating Brent Barry's role in the playoffs. Im not sure where the offense is gonna come from. It won't come from Thomas.

timvp
02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I think Spurs fans are underestimating Brent Barry's role in the playoffs. If anything, Spurs fans are overestimating Brent Barry's role in the playoffs. Me included. The fact is he averaged three points on 35% shooting last year in the playoffs. Francisco Elson averaged more points in the playoffs last year than Barry.

A lot of us want Barry back but I doubt Pop loses a wink of sleep worrying about Barry re-signing or not re-signing.

Cry Havoc
02-21-2008, 06:39 PM

Paging Mark Kiszla, you're wanted in aisle 3.

conqueso
02-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I just don't get that trade for Seattle. Kurt "Brown" Thomas is himself an expiring contract, and one that can actually play. They could have gotten a hell of a lot more for him. I don't hear Popazit calling for that "Trade Committee" now.

Wow, Popazit...that's low, but it's still pretty funny.

Phil Hellmuth
02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Elson has a finesse game? *scratches head*

Cry Havoc
02-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Elson has a finesse game? *scratches head*

He performs a deft, "heading for the end of the bench" move. Opponents don't even realize he's gone; he's that slick.