PDA

View Full Version : Where's Mary Jo Kopeckne when you need her?

Yonivore
01-07-2005, 04:39 PM
From Sen. Ted Kennedy's questioning of Attorney General-designate Alberto Gonzales yesterday:

"Well, just as an attorney, as a human being, I would have thought that if there were recommendations that were so blatantly and flagrantly over the line in terms of torture, that you might have recognized them. I mean, it certainly appears to me that water boarding, with all its descriptions about drowning someone to that kind of a point, would come awfully close to getting over the border, and that you'd be able to at least say today, 'There were some that were recommended or suggested on that, but I certainly wouldn't have had a part of that, as a human being.'"
A Wall Street Journal editorial yesterday described the interrogation technique of "water boarding":

"It involves strapping a detainee down, wrapping his face in a wet towel and dripping water on it to produce the sensation of drowning."

Apparently it is frightening but harmless. It might be worthwhile for the Senate to call a witness who has experience with actual drowning to comment on the difference...unfortunately, Mary Jo Kopeckne was unavailable to testify.

When his staff warned him about pursuing the possibly "self-illuminating" line of questioning Senator Kennedy was heard to comment, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

Yonivore
01-07-2005, 04:47 PM
As an aside, how many of you find yourself trying to mimick the Boston accents of John Kerry or Teddy Kennedy whenever you read a quote from them?

Damnedest thing.

CosmicCowboy
01-07-2005, 05:04 PM
"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Yonivore
01-07-2005, 06:43 PM
"Waterboarding" equipment...

http://www.ytedk.com/car1bg.jpg

Hook Dem
01-07-2005, 07:28 PM
What a freakin hypocrit!!!! But watch the "lefties" on here come to his defense. He forgot that some of us are still alive and remember well what he did.

exstatic
01-07-2005, 10:06 PM
As an aside, for some like Joe who wonders when you folks will stop beating the Clinton horse, this is the answer: never.

Bandit2981
01-07-2005, 11:53 PM
add teddy kennedy to the list of dems i would love to see gone

JohnnyMarzetti
01-08-2005, 01:38 AM
You are such an idiot. Alberto was grilled by republicans too so STFU!

Yonivore
01-08-2005, 08:35 AM
You are such an idiot. Alberto was grilled by republicans too so STFU!
Really? Which ones?

Just because there are Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee doesn't mean they were complicit with Kennedy, Leahy, Biden, and the other Demoncrats...

I don't doubt the Republicans asked questions but, I would hardly expect they'd constitute the kind of bloviated, partisan, agendized, lectures from the above three...

Hook Dem
01-08-2005, 03:40 PM
add teddy kennedy to the list of dems i would love to see gone
Congratulations Bandit!! Seriously.