PDA

View Full Version : All You Need To Know About That New Border Fence

Nbadan
02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
cOnqDjdPGaA

The only effect the stupid wall will have is to make some people money....

All of which happen to be republican.

Wild Cobra
02-21-2008, 07:09 PM
There you go again Dan, being a Lemming to someone's propaganda.

So what. The fence may have breaks in it. These points are also places where security will be in force.

The point of the pence in to cover areas that are not patrolled, or are hard to patrol, and are not extreme paths of hiking. Past history of the few fences built shows this is an effective deterrent.

boutons_
02-21-2008, 08:09 PM
"The fence may have breaks in it."

One break just happened to be at a golf course. No fence through the golf course! Political connections count. The land either side of the golf belonging to poor people was condemned and taken.

Clandestino
02-21-2008, 08:12 PM
i think the whole idea of a border fence is ridiculous anyway

BonnerDynasty
02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Hence the mine field.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-21-2008, 11:27 PM
"The fence may have breaks in it."

bitch bitch bitch

Go look up the term choke point, and figure it out.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2008, 11:51 PM
I get all my news from the tyt network like all the other tytties.

xrayzebra
02-22-2008, 10:30 AM
All I want to know about the new border fence is when are they
going to get it completed. Wished they would hurry up.

Clandestino
02-23-2008, 07:42 AM
when are we set to build a Canadian border fence?

Mark in Austin
02-23-2008, 09:54 AM
I like what one comedian said about the fence: Show me a 20 foot fence and I'll show you a 21 foot ladder.

Yonivore
02-23-2008, 10:30 AM
I like what one comedian said about the fence: Show me a 20 foot fence and I'll show you a 21 foot ladder.
With a 20 foot fence, it would take more 21 foot ladders than exist for illegals to continue crossing the border in numbers we're now seeing.

So, at least they'd be slowed.

The fence in San Diego cut illegal crossing there by a huge amount (80%). I've yet to hear any stories about 21 foot ladder brigades.

Yonivore
02-23-2008, 10:31 AM
When we have illegal Canadian immigrants wreaking havoc on America, I'd be in favor of tougher border controls in the North.

Yonivore
02-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Apparently, Bill Clinton saw things differently when he was President:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060515/border_feature_060515/20060515/

Former president Bill Clinton launched the walled initiative, dubbed Operation Gatekeeper, on Oct. 1, 1994, to crack down on scores of immigrants crossing into the U.S. from Mexico illegally.

The fence stretches from the Pacific Ocean 70 kilometres inland, and the U.S. Border Patrol views the program as widely successful.
The federal U.S. Border Patrol claims Gatekeeper has reduced the number of illegal border crossings dramatically. Officials estimate apprehensions have decreased from 500,000 a year to 100,000 a year...
And, when's the last time you heard of an illegal Canadian immigrant involved in a story like this:

Woman, 23, likely to be charged in Cottonwood bus crash today (http://www.startribune.com/local/15848062.html)

Yeah, that's right, an illegal MEXICAN immigrant involved in a fatal school bus accident in a state bordering CANADA.

I find it curious that a school bus wreck where four students were killed and others injured, wasn't more widely reported. I guess the "illegal immigration" angle caused the story to be spiked because it contradicted the national media narrative that Mexican illegals are good for America.

Clandestino
02-23-2008, 12:57 PM
The 9-11 terrorists came over legally. A border fence would have done nthing. Without illegals our economy would suffer. Almost every single study says so.

Yonivore
02-23-2008, 01:40 PM
The 9-11 terrorists came over legally. A border fence would have done nthing. Without illegals our economy would suffer. Almost every single study says so.
Without illegals, those four school kids would be alive.

boutons_
02-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Without dubya illegally immigrating to Iraq, several 1000 Iraq children would be alive.

Iraqi children not your problem? of course not.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2008, 02:37 PM
I find it curious that a school bus wreck where four students were killed and others injured, wasn't more widely reported.You're kidding, right? It's a traffic accident.

Clandestino
02-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Without illegals, those four school kids would be alive.

:rolleyes

smeagol
02-25-2008, 12:34 PM

Looks like you are more Latino then Republican on this one.

Oh, Gee!!
02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
You're kidding, right? It's a traffic accident.

with international implications.........[cue scary music]

boutons_
02-25-2008, 01:14 PM
It was a terrorist traffic accident, BE VERY AFRAID.

Wild Cobra
02-25-2008, 04:10 PM
The 9-11 terrorists came over legally.
And stayed here illegally, making it in society with multiple pieces of ID that were easily obtained because of no enforcement of laws.

A border fence would have done nthing. Without illegals our economy would suffer. Almost every single study says so.
On the contrary, our economy suffers because of illegal immigration. Fences and enforcement work.

I have no problems with allowing migrant workers to help the farmers, but it goes well beyond that. It has become so easy for them to get other work, taking jobs away from us, and dropping wages for many jobs because of supply and demand economics.

Then there is the payouts in food stamps, medical care, etc. etc. that tax payers pay for. They take from our economy far more than they give. What we need to do is make people on the welfare rolls take these jobs that supposable other Americans don't want. Then we can reduce the tax burden. For the industries that cannot find workers, the reality is they cannot find workers for slave wages. They need to pay the workers more.

Control the borders. Enforce visitation visa's and allow temporary work visas. If they want to drive, they can drive on the Mexican drivers license if they buy insurance.

Illegal immigration can come to a halt if we enforce employment eligibility laws. Fences are still needed for some areas, but if we make it impossible for people to work who cannot show a legal status, they will go back home.

Wild Cobra
02-25-2008, 04:13 PM
A border fence would have done nthing.
You know, a fence alone will not do anything substantial. That's why it is one piece of several needed changes. You have to have the capacity to focus on more than one concept at a time to understand.

Clandestino
02-27-2008, 10:50 PM
You know, a fence alone will not do anything substantial. That's why it is one piece of several needed changes. You have to have the capacity to focus on more than one concept at a time to understand.

a fence will only waste money. do you think a fucking fence will stop people from crossing??? the only thing that would stop people from the best country in the world is a trillion border patrol agents.

also, are you proposing a fence around the entire united states? even on our shores and between canada? how about between canada and alaska?

Phenomanul
02-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Apparently, Bill Clinton saw things differently when he was President:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060515/border_feature_060515/20060515/

And, when's the last time you heard of an illegal Canadian immigrant involved in a story like this:

Woman, 23, likely to be charged in Cottonwood bus crash today (http://www.startribune.com/local/15848062.html)

Yeah, that's right, an illegal MEXICAN immigrant involved in a fatal school bus accident in a state bordering CANADA.

I find it curious that a school bus wreck where four students were killed and others injured, wasn't more widely reported. I guess the "illegal immigration" angle caused the story to be spiked because it contradicted the national media narrative that Mexican illegals are good for America.

Only a xenophobe would choose to see this event for something other than what it really was (1 of 10,000 traffic accidents that occur every day in the mainland US).

An accident.

Tragic? yes... Preventable? about as much as the other 9,999...

With that frequency I'm surprised that more illegal immigrants aren't involved in vehicular accidents.

Nbadan
02-28-2008, 02:40 AM
You know, a fence alone will not do anything substantial. That's why it is one piece of several needed changes. You have to have the capacity to focus on more than one concept at a time to understand

Yes, what we really need is a wall - A Great Wall!

smeagol
02-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Trying to stop illegal immigration by building a wall is like trying to stop drug smuggling by invading Colombia.

Stupid idea . . .