PDA

View Full Version : Trades This Season

ALVAREZ6
02-21-2008, 05:58 PM
What the fuck is going on....the league is so different from last year, so many players have been moved it's rediculous...I have no idea who's on what team now.

The Spurs always keep their core though, but so many important players have been traded these past days it's crazy. This has to be one the most active periods of NBA history.

Matchman
02-21-2008, 06:16 PM
We are the only team that did NOT panic and stand pat.
Bad Idea to mess up the chemistry in a 9 game winning streak

ATX Spur
02-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Okay, I've only been following the NBA closely for about a decade. Is this not the busiest trade deadline in a while?

remingtonbo2001
02-21-2008, 06:25 PM

What are you talking about?!?

Kobayagi
02-21-2008, 06:26 PM

You're being sarcastic, right?

Matchman
02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
You're being sarcastic, right?

No, renting Ron Artest for half a year would be a panic move
I dont think trading for Gerald Green or Bobby Jackson are panic moves because both of them are salary-dump trades. It seems like our management have given up hope on competing for a championship this year. Our goal this year is to make the playoffs, get more playoff experiences and hopefully somehow make it to the second round.

We will have a lot of room to sign free agents this summer, tho. And if we really want to get Artest, this summer would be the right time to do so.

Allanon
02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Of the 9 competing Playoff teams in the West, all 9 of them made trades/Deals. That's gotta be a record.

I'm not even sure the count on the # of All-Stars that moved, this isn't exactly scrubs we're talking about.

lEastern teams 1-4 are pretty good but the rest....yawn....

Amazing trading season. 9 quality 50-win Western teams battling for 8 spots. Denver at 8/9 right now was seed #4 just a week ago. Home court advantage is everything this year and the only way to get it will be knocking out one of the 9 teams on a nightly basis.

That's why this year is probably going to be the NBA's best for quite some time.

Kobayagi
02-21-2008, 06:42 PM
No, renting Ron Artest for half a year would be a panic move
I dont think trading for Gerald Green or Bobby Jackson are panic moves because both of them are salary-dump trades.

Ok, I agree that's not panicking, but still...i wouldn't call getting rid of James & Wells and acquiring Green & Jackson standing pat.

Besides, you said you're the only team standing pat. The Spurs have done less trading during this trade season than the rockets have. I won't even mention the other teams.

Matchman
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Ok, I agree that's not panicking, but still...i wouldn't call getting rid of James & Wells and acquiring Green & Jackson standing pat.

Besides, you said you're the only team standing pat. The Spurs have done less trading during this trade season than the rockets have. I won't even mention the other teams.

its not abt the quantity of players traded its abt the quality.
Kurt Thomas >>>> BJax and Green
Green and Jackson Trade will be lateral move at best (for this season), although i do see the potential of a breakout season for Green because Houston is his dream team to play on AND this is his contract year.

remingtonbo2001
02-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Matchman...Even if you feel the moves were lateral, defining it as STANDING PAT would be incorrect. I think that's the point some of us are getting at.