PDA

View Full Version : Going to the UK - Need Tips & Advice!

Kumar
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
i'll be working most of the time unfortunately.

i'll be in ferndown, a lil town couple hours outside of London.

but i do plan to party like a rockstar on the weekends...

so give tips if you gottem, sightseeing etc!

by the way, any tips on how to smuggle an oz?

would you ass smuggle it?

surely airport security won't do ass checks.

i want to take enough to party, but not too much that a cross atlantic flight would be uncomfortable...

and if i toke out with some peeps over there, i'll just smile inside...and hope they don't ask questions...

I know some of you may be asking yourself if it's worth all the risk and trouble?

I ask you this...have you ever heard of ferndown? Me neither.

and if i'm gonna be in podunk uk for 3 weeks...you know i gots to blaze!

So, gimme a lil help if you can spurstalk! :smokin

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah, the food is fucking awful.

Louie Vega
02-21-2008, 11:02 PM
What's wrong with the food? Examples?

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-21-2008, 11:09 PM
hahaha " ill just smile inside" priceless

Marklar MM
02-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Anarchy

Heath Ledger
02-22-2008, 12:03 AM
i agree the food is crap even their mcdonalds and burger king beef tastes like total shit. but i do reccomend the black pudding if you can find it. before you come back change your money back in at a uk post office (no fees) otherwise you will get ass fucked exchanging it when you get back to the states. actually you should turn it into uk money when you get there at the post office as well, this will save you a ton of loot, trust me.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-22-2008, 12:14 AM

Bring some Veggies if you want to stay regular they seem to eat a ton of meat and fried foods and Beans. To the Brits veggies are mushy peas.
:oops

mrsmaalox
02-22-2008, 12:54 AM

i didn't have any problem with the food, but like everyone says, it's kept pretty simple. I liked the pub food best, they have an array of sandwiches, meat pasties, shepherd's pie, lasagna, and what ithought was best were the Ploughman's lunch of the day. The carving houses are mostly meat, but it is the best roast beef, turkey, leg of lamb, ham,prawns; but you'll see the most amzing dessert carts----try it all. Fish n' chips is everywhere,but major greasy; Also for breakfast you need to get a traditional English grill and scones!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Um, drug smuggling across international borders - what are you, a MORON? Don't do it. You get caught you'll go to jail and lose your job. Just go to a pub in Camden when you get there and you'll be able to score whatever you want. Hell, the dodgy pub in Ferndown (every village has a dodgy pub) will probably be able to sort you out.

I lived in the UK for a year and will post more later.

As for food, the Indian is generally very good, as are the kebabs.

Nbadan
02-22-2008, 01:35 AM
...Take all your cash on hand and buy Euros....

Heath Ledger
02-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Havent you seen the movie midnight express? It will teach you not to smuggle drugs through airports ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kumar
02-22-2008, 09:28 AM
so take some non-perishable food, do the money exchange at the post office, and hit up the dodgy pub for smoke...

this is all great stuff. i appreciate the help!

yeah, i was thinking about the smuggling. i figured if i broke it up, cleaned it up, real nice...in a baggie, inside a baggie...maybe with coffee grounds...(learned that from beverly hills cop) and inside another lil baggie. and right behind the ballsac...

and there is this chic at work. i like her alot. in a non-get-in-her-pants type of way. but she's peeved that the bossman told me to go instead of her...

this trip is a pain in the ass for me as it is, but now i got a guilt trip to go along with it...

that dodgy pub better be the shit...

and hopefully i don't kill anyone driving on the wrong side of the road on the weekends...

unless i say fuck it and just drive to the dodgy pub...

Heath Ledger
02-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Also make sure you bring a flashlight, there are lots of chicks with dicks in the pubs.

boutons_
02-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Stay away from all fast food and English food.

Eat out like the English, esp since you're on expense account, eat Greek, Indian, Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish.

Heath Ledger
02-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Don't forget to ask for the black pudding.

Nbadan
02-22-2008, 02:33 PM
The coffee grind trick is bogus...if there are dogs they can distinguish the different odors...in fact, if there are dogs, your fucked, there's really no way to throw them off, unless you have a sealed (airtight) plastic container that has had the oz in it for less than 1 or 2 hours, after that, the molecules permeate the container....most people get busted by not washing their hands....

Nbadan
02-22-2008, 02:40 PM
...my advice, don't carry anything...your going to one of the largest oz capitals in Europe...just ask around at the pubs...

SpursWoman
02-22-2008, 02:45 PM
If someone asks you if you'd like to smoke a fag ... eh, just say no. :spin

kingsfan
02-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm from England so here's my 2 cents. As far as the smuggling goes, don't do it.:nope Since the terrorist attacks there, they've got very strict and security is high, you're asking for trouble.
Spend as much time as you can in London, it's a great city with a lot to do. You don't need a car, public transport is excellent. Just get on the train and take the tube around London. You might need a car in ferndown though, I don't know anything about it.
As far as the food goes, well most of it is pretty crappy. You should try some of the local dishes though-pork pies, steak and kidney pie, spotted dick, toad in the hole, just to say you tried it. Yorkshire pudding is good, :hungry: don't even think about the mushy peas(gross!) If you like sweets, the pastries and chocolate are very good.
I don't know your interests but 1 tip is don't act like an obnoxious american, they don't like that, but if you meet some of the locals they can tell you some of the cool places to hang out. If you like history you should travel to Cambridge and Stratford on Avon.
If you want to do some shopping-Knightsbridge and kensington(London) are the best places.
I haven't been there in a long time and it's changed a lot but I still know some people there so if you want me to find out some cool places for you to go and let me know what you like to do, send me a pm and I'll try to help.

tlongII
02-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree with kingsfan. London is a great place to go. I was there in the summer of 2002 and had a blast.

01Snake
02-22-2008, 04:53 PM
I'd never been so excited to find a Hard Rock Cafe as i was while in London. After 4 days of horrible food we stumbled into HRC and didn't want to leave.

Heath Ledger
02-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Also cool thing is you dont have to tip for drinks, and only a bout 8-10 percent on food. Bartenders get offended if you try to tip them or they will just look at you like you are from outer space.