View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL HENDO>SILVA (UFC 82) Fight Thread***
dallaskd
02-21-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.mmahq.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ufc82.jpg
On Saturday, March 1, one of the biggest questions in all of mixed martial arts will be answered - who is the greatest middleweight fighter in the world? UFC® Middleweight Champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva will take on PRIDE 185 lb. champion Dan Henderson in a pivotal battle to determine the undisputed king of the middleweights.
UFC® 82: PRIDE OF A CHAMPION -
Saturday, March 1
live on Pay-Per-View from Columbus, OH.
Doors open at 7:30pm ET
First bout starts 8:00pm ET
Pay-per-view (main card) starts 10pm ET
Main Card
Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson
Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring
Evan Tanner vs Yushin Okami
Jon Fitch vs Chris Wilson
Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkheden
Undercard
Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O’Brien
Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett
Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson
A very solid fight card filled with some big name fighters; when that happens, some guys get knocked to the non-televised portion of the Pay-Per-View event. In this case, both Josh Koscheck and Andrei Arlovski suffer this fate. Arlovski is on the last fight of his current contract and most likely is on his way out of the organization, so the reason for his demotion is obvious.
-----
UFC® 82 Countdown: Silva vs. Henderson
02/25/2008 11:00pm ET/PT
Event Type: Spike TV - Show
Brazil's Anderson Sliva prepares to defend his middleweight title against PRIDE® titleholder Dan Henderson. See how they train, what they eat and what they are doing to prepare in their homes in Brazil and California.
Premiere: Monday 2/25, at 11:00pm
Re-airs: Wednesday 2/27, at 11:00pm and Saturday 3/1 at 6pm
-----
Silva-Henderson Breakdown:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BQJMOHA7S-8
-----
Herring-Kongo:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pxYnEZG4Uc4
-----
Official Trailer:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=adSaYErKG3w&feature=related
dbreiden83080
02-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Just another victim on the Silva list, he will win this one for sure. The man is an animal.
Soul_Patch
02-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Silva is in my top 3 favorite fighters of all time.
I think this will be a pretty decisive Silva win.
Not the type of fight I wanted for Tanner. This is wayyyyyyyyyyy toooooo much for him. Okami will over power him and I can't see how it is possible for Tanner to hang with him more than 1 round. If Tanner doesn't somehow KO Okami early he has zero chance.
I am such a huge fan of both of them…this fight is so deflating for me. Either way I lose. Lol
Here is an awesome write up from Sherdog. Tony Loiseleur rarely writes for sherdog.com but he is insanely talented.
How can you not be a fan of Yushin after you read this?
************************************************** *****
Not many are very familiar with UFC middleweight Yushin Okami (Pictures), let alone that his nickname is "Thunder." As a reference to Japanese pro-wrestler Jyushin Thunder Liger, the homage is perhaps lost on most of the Western audience.
Keeping it within the realm of pro wrestling, when asked what kind of nickname he would like to have besides a Jyushin Thunder Liger reference, the 6-foot-2 Japanese middleweight leans back in his chair, thoughtful.
"El Samurai?" he proposes. "That might please Western fans to call me that, but … no. Tiger is kind of neat, but no … Delfin? Hmm. Oh wait, Ultimo. Ultimo Okami sounds kind of cool."
Then, after a few more moments of thought, Okami asks, "Actually, how about Phoenix?"
There's a story here.
"My mother once spoke to a fortuneteller to get my reading," he says. "She only gave the fortuneteller my name and date of birth, and the fortuneteller told my mother that I was born under the sign of the phoenix, and under the star of the god of fighting. It was really interesting because I was already a professional fighter then, and my mom hadn't told her anything about that. I liked that idea though, so I figure if I fight, I should probably use that as a name."
Trying out the title, Okami murmurs to himself, "Hmm … Yushin ‘Phoenix' Okami."
He says it again, this time in a quiet impression of Bruce Buffer, before he nods in approval, saying, "Yeah, that sounds rad."
With a wry but satisfied smile, Okami leans forward. "Please get the word out," he says. "I want people to start calling me that from now on. I want to be known as ‘Phoenix Okami.'"
Okami has done most of his talking in the cage. Most MMA fans in the West are familiar with "Phoenix Okami" only as "the Japanese fighter that other middleweights say is really strong."
Given his performances in the UFC, it's easy to see why. Okami has out-muscled and bullied some of the most recognizable faces in today's Octagon. He holds dominant wins over TUF alumni Mike Swick (Pictures), Rory Singer (Pictures) and Kalib Starnes (Pictures), two of whom made particular mention of Okami's overwhelming strength -- usually between rounds as they expressed frustration and doubt in their corners.
In the UFC's Ireland debut, Okami forced former middleweight champion Rich Franklin (Pictures) to fight for every point on the judges' scorecards before dropping a competitive unanimous decision. Despite not being televised, Okami's latest exploits at UFC 77 had him controlling and pounding out a dominant decision win against the tough and ground-savvy Jason MacDonald (Pictures).
Be that as it may, he is surprised to hear that his peers in the cage have dubbed him -- in the words of Kalib Starnes (Pictures) -- "too strong."
"Really?" Okami asks with mild surprise. "I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me."
It does not take long for him to accept the revelation; Okami is apparently used to the idea of being a top-ranked middleweight.
Since quietly infiltrating the ranks of the UFC's 185-pound division in August 2006 when he defeated Alan Belcher (Pictures), Okami's stock has risen as one of the division's top prospects, if not Japan's best export to date. It is a status that has earned him a respectable hardcore following as one of the few contenders to the UFC middleweight title currently held by Andersen Silva.
Despite not always being featured on UFC telecasts, Okami's popularity has grown.
"Compared to when I first started in the UFC, I've noticed an increase in demand from the fans," he says. "I hear their voices saying they want to see me fight. It's something I appreciate very much. Even though [my fights are not often telecast], I enjoy and want to fight for the fans. That said, I promise that I will continue to do my best on their behalf.
"As for being a top-10 middleweight, I think that I am. There are a lot of fighters in the UFC at middleweight, and from fighting many of them and doing well, I've gained confidence that I am a top fighter in the weight class. It is a confidence that I still hold today."
Of all the qualities that he exhibits inside of the ring or cage, it is his calm and collected approach to taking apart his opponents that MMA fans are perhaps most familiar with. Often beginning cautiously, it is not until the second or third round that the Japanese fighter begins to shine. It is a characteristic that has earned him another descriptor from fans and fellow fighters alike -- that of a "slow starter."
"Well, I suppose that I am," admits Okami. "I don't like to just jump into the fray and start swinging. I like to know who I'm fighting, and I measure my opponent in that moment, while I'm fighting them.
"It's like in ‘Dragon Ball,' you know? I like to ‘scout' my opponent," Okami says with a smile, jokingly referencing the nigh-legendary Japanese comic. "I use my ‘scouter' to see their power level, their strengths and weaknesses, and if there's anything I can exploit.
Once I know for sure, once I ‘get' him, then bam -- that's when I jump in and take him apart."
Despite the not-so-charitable title he has inadvertently picked up along the way, Okami does indeed realize the importance of finishing and putting on exciting fights.
"I admit that I haven't had the most exciting fights during my time in the UFC," he says. "From this point forward, I want to try making them more exciting, but not at the expense of winning. To do that, I've stepped up my training in standup in particular, learning how to push forward and effect more damage.
"I'm looking to incorporate both excitement and winning from this point on. As a professional fighter at this high a level, I am supposed to be able to do both, so it's become a very important thing for me to achieve. There's still an infinite amount of potential in me that no one has seen yet. Since I'm focusing on my standup and submissions now, they are always improving, as is my overall game. Two years from now, I see myself becoming the middleweight champion in the UFC, and defending that title as the champ."
The Journey West
With an overall record of 21-4-0 and a 5-1 ledger in the UFC, Okami is arguably the most successful Japanese fighter to have stepped into the Octagon.
Despite the numbers, Okami has a different opinion on what constitutes "most successful."
"I don't really know that I've got to that level yet," he says. "As a top-10 middleweight, yes, but I'm not the most successful Japanese fighter in the UFC. I haven't really fought for anything substantial yet, like a belt. My senior [in Wajyutsu Keisyukai], Caol Uno (Pictures), fought B.J. Penn (Pictures) for the lightweight title when he was in the UFC, and while it ended in a draw, he still fought for a title. Until I get to do the same with Silva and take that belt, I wouldn't say that I'm the most successful Japanese fighter in the UFC."
Uno, who spends much of his time between K-1 HERO'S and helping direct Cage Force, is perhaps one of Japan's most influential pioneers in the sport. He is also one of the most internationally recognized bridges between Japanese and American MMA.
After winning and relinquishing his Shooto title on the same night, Uno was the first to do what many young Japanese fighters at the time believed was the next logical step in their careers: head to the United States to compete in the UFC.
Okami recalls his interest in the sport as stemming from that seminal bout, when Uno beat Rumina Sato (Pictures) for the second time, only to give up his belt moments later in order to ply his craft in an eight-sided cage across the Pacific. When the itch to fight took over, acquaintances introduced Okami to Mr. Kubo, president of GCM as well as Japan's largest network of MMA gyms, Wajyutsu Keisyukai, where the young middleweight has trained for the past six years.
"I liked MMA because it allowed you to do so many different things that you can't do in other sports," Okami says. "Judo had their throws and kickboxing had their kicks, but only MMA had ground-and-pound. It's rather iconic of MMA, and it's something that I enjoy particularly."
After approximately one year of training, Okami began his professional career in earnest, fighting and accruing victories in PRIDE's "The Best" series, Pancrase and various GCM-promoted Demolition and D.O.G. shows. Despite mixed results in his few trips abroad, Okami won all of his fights in Japan. At the time, Japan's MMA scene had begun to boom, but Okami's sights were still set on competing in the States, and in particular, the UFC.
Like most English-speaking MMA fans, Okami's interest in the UFC stemmed from a fascination with its first champion, Royce Gracie (Pictures).
"Ever since I saw a video of Royce Gracie (Pictures), I was interested in the UFC," he recalls. "I started watching more and more of their events, and eventually, as the shows went on, I became more interested in it. I fell in love with the UFC's image and mystique. There was an appeal there. Things like the Octagon and such really had an impression on me. I thought, ‘Truly, these are the major leagues. I want to fight there.'
"I wanted to fight there because not many Japanese fighters have been able to do well in the Octagon. I wanted to represent both my gym, Wajyutsu Keisyukai, as well as Japan by doing my best in the UFC. I want to change Western fans' perceptions regarding Japanese fighters. As a Japanese fighter, this is very important to me."
With such a heavy commitment on his shoulders, Okami appears, for all intents and purposes, to be doing pretty well with it. In fact, despite rumors that he was bound for K-1 HERO'S after his UFC contracted had expired, Okami says he always wanted to re-sign with the American promotion because his eyes are still set on the belt.
"At the [end of my contract], I felt that I had unfinished business there, so my experience in the UFC up to that point was still somewhat shy of being perfect," he says. "In the end, I want to be the first Japanese fighter to win a title in the UFC."
The ‘Away' Team
Okami's stateside debut occurred in Hawaii, where he dropped controversial decisions to hometown favorite Falaniko Vitale (Pictures) in Superbrawl and then to the always-game Jake Shields (Pictures) in Rumble on the Rock's 175-pound tournament.
Although controversial decisions tend to only be discouraging and frustrating experiences for most fighters, for Okami they were not only expected but in a way appreciated.
"I understand why decisions like those happen," he says. "It still sucks to lose, yes, but in the U.S., it's like I'm part of the away team. So to me, it's a part of the whole overseas experience. Actually, these experiences have taught me a lot and really helped me prepare for competing in the UFC.
"For example, my loss to Rich Franklin (Pictures). I understood that losing the decision might have been the outcome, and I accepted it beforehand. I needed to finish him. I needed to get a submission, a KO, or a TKO to win -- anything less than that wouldn't bring me anything."
Nevertheless, Okami's luck abroad has changed since competing in the UFC. Despite dropping three fights outside of Japan before his UFC debut, the loss to Franklin has been his only defeat in his last six fights on foreign soil.
Interestingly, Okami also stands as the last person to hold a win over the man who beat Franklin for the title, current UFC middleweight champion Andersen Silva. However, there's not too much to brag about; the win came after the dangerous Brazilian illegally up-kicked Okami in the quarterfinals of the Rumble on the Rock tourney, which led to a disqualification.
"Silva and I have unfinished business," Okami says. "I want that rematch because it feels like our first fight didn't end definitively. I want to finish him, once and for all."
On the topic of how he would approach a rematch with Silva, Okami was brief but direct.
"I'd like to knock him out, certainly, but I also really want to submit him. I want to take him down and force him to submit," says Okami, miming the tap on his arm. "I want to make him tap out."
Before he will face the champion, he has at least one more fight to get through. Silva also has to get past Dan Henderson (Pictures) in March.
"I think their fight will be a standup war before Dan will close in and try to get a takedown, which is where he will look to get in some ground-and-pound," Okami predicts. "As for whom I think will win … I think Silva will maybe win by decision."
When asked which of the two he would rather face, Okami pointed to Silva: "Henderson is a great fighter with great wrestling and an amazing right hand. He's quite famous in Japan from his time in PRIDE, so I'd love to fight him sometime in the future. Still, I'd rather that Silva win, just because I have business I need to finish with him."
Given the way that the Japanese middleweight has handled himself in the Octagon, it could be just a matter of time until he gets the opportunity to see his goals to their end. Despite a few setbacks in the past and an uphill battle for popular awareness since debuting at UFC 64, Yushin "Phoenix" Okami is becoming the UFC's No. 1 contender at middleweight.
A title shot could come soon, giving Okami the chance to prove what his namesake implies: He may be the rebirth of the champion-caliber fighter that Japan has waited so long for.
LEONARD
02-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Hendo is going to take this one by decision... :fro
He's +120 on Bodog right now...see if that line moves closer to even by fight time.
Tracy Lee's trip to Big Bear (awesome pics of Hendo's training camp)
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/words/gdetail.php?id=33
Just another victim on the Silva list, he will win this one for sure. The man is an animal.
I think this will be a pretty decisive Silva win.
Have either of you heard of Hendo?? :dizzy
"just another victim" ??
I'm a huge Silva fan, but I just can't see him walking thru Hendo. He's going to be fighting off his back if that's where Dan wants to take it. Hendo has yet to be KO'd in his long career, even fighting HW's like Nog (twice). The list of guys he's fought is as good as anybody's. . Wanderlei, Rampage, Belfort, Ninja, Arona, Yvel, Newton, Renzo, Bustamante, Babalu. 22-6 and his only loss in his weightclass is to Misaki. 2 submission losses to the Nogs (who he has no business fighting, especially Big Nog)...Wandy, Arona, and Rampage (all decision losses above his natural weightclass). Hendo is a warrior.... :ihit
I can't predict that one.
Although I am confused. I thought this was Hendo's last fight…has he re-signed?
oligarchy
02-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Tanner looks small, I think he's definitely going to have problems with 'Phoenix' ;)
The only problem Hendo could have is if he decides he's going to slug it out with Silva. I think Silva has the advantage standing. I think Hendo will get the decision by doing the GnP.
LEONARD
02-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Tanner looks small, I think he's definitely going to have problems with 'Phoenix' ;)
The only problem Hendo could have is if he decides he's going to slug it out with Silva. I think Silva has the advantage standing. I think Hendo will get the decision by doing the GnP.
I think he's just saying that...I figure they'll trade some punches and then it'll go to the ground.
Hendo has dangerous 1 punch power, but Silva is way better overall with punches, knees, kicks...Hendo knows this. He'll throw some big overhand rights and work for the takedown.
tlongII
02-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Silva will knock Henderson out. Knee to the forehead.
LEONARD
02-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Silva will knock Henderson out. Knee to the forehead.
That's pretty bold considering he's NEVER been KO'd. Possible yes, but a huge reach...
to the forehead huh? :lol
If anyone can KO Hendo...he can.
But yeah..the dude has NEVER been Ko'd which is astonishing considering some of the beating he has taken.
tlongII
02-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Hendo is going down by KO. Knee to the forehead. Book it.
dallaskd
02-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Look at the Franca-Sherk fight....3 or 4 clean knees to the forehead and nothing. I could see a knee to the nose i.e the Rich Franklin-Anderson Silva I. I cant see dan getting KO'd. I think he will use his greco and go Travis Lutter on his ass, mount Silva, but unlike Lutter finish him off with a TKO in the 3rd round.
dallaskd
02-22-2008, 05:26 PM
But if you think Silva will run through Hendo easily...you probably have seen none or little of Henderson. I thought Wandy would run through him...
LEONARD
02-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Hendo is going down by KO. Knee to the forehead. Book it.
Forehead specifically huh?? Odd choice...
Look at the Franca-Sherk fight....3 or 4 clean knees to the forehead and nothing.
lol...the rednecks sitting behind us at HDNet Fights in Dec were yelling "Punch him in the forehead!" :lol
dallaskd
02-22-2008, 08:54 PM
The forehead is probably the best place to be hit. a punch to the jaw, side or back of the head, even in the neck can knock you out in one punch. Havnt seen too mant KOs to the forehead, but we will see. Maybe tlongII has some inside scoop on Silva's gameplan.
polandprzem
02-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Can't wait to see this fight.
never saw Silva fighting, so It's about time. I will see him against Franklin before the Dan bout.
IMO it was mistake to challange rampage so early in the octagon.
dallaskd
02-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Technically, Dan had fought in the UFC before he fought Rampage but it hadnt been in a long time.
dallaskd
02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Kori is going to hook us up with some vbookies.
LEONARD
02-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Hendo vs UFC HW Champ, and training partner of Anderson Silva, Minotoro Noguiera...
1st fight in Rings (1999)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q4MM7EMU
2nd fight at Pride 24 (2004)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9AT8O2RC
Their 2nd fight shows how hard Dan is to submit...
Technically, Dan had fought in the UFC before he fought Rampage but it hadnt been in a long time.
For some reason if you fought in the UFC before PRIDE you're a PRIDE fighter but also if you fought in PRIDE before UFC you're a PRIDE fighter. :rolleyes
Spider is not a PRIDE fighter even though some publications refer to him as such for name's sake.
/looks at LEONARD for that second part
LEONARD
02-25-2008, 04:27 PM
For some reason if you fought in the UFC before PRIDE you're a PRIDE fighter but also if you fought in PRIDE before UFC you're a PRIDE fighter. :rolleyes
Spider is not a PRIDE fighter even though some publications refer to him as such for name's sake.
/looks at LEONARD for that second part
I consider Silva a Pride fighter because:
a. The UFC promoted him that way when he came to the UFC to fight Leben, even though his last few fights prior to that were in Cage Rage. Nobody cared that he was in Cage Rage, ROTR, etc...they just cared that he had fought in Pride.
b. Silva himself considers himself a Pride fighter.
c. If Leben would've beaten Silva, the UFC would've boasted "UFC beat Pride" so it should work both ways...it's only fair right? After he had beaten Rich, and Crocop was making his debut, Dana was asked if he was worried about Pride guys taking all the belts. Dana said "they're UFC guys now." That only appears to be the case when they win though... :lol
Hendo is Pride without question...he had a cup of coffee in the UFC (2 fights on the same night at UFC 17) before going to Pride (17 fights over 7+ years).
Same situation as Wanderlei...a fews fights in the UFC and 28 in Pride.
My only issue is with Spider.
As I said I only think he was marketed as such was for name recognition.
LEONARD
02-25-2008, 04:49 PM
but you know if Leben would've knocked his head off he would've been an example of Pride guys being over-rated...that's the main reason I consider him Pride. The UFC wanted him to be considered Pride when they thought Leben might beat him...
When you look at his body of work he's fought all over the place and he hasn't fought significantly more in one than any other...about 5 times in Pride...4 times in CR...and now 5 times in the UFC. I don't really have a problem calling him nothing...
LEONARD
02-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Countdown to UFC 82 debuts tonight...
http://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/25/countdown-to-ufc-82-debuts-tonight-on-spike-tv/
but you know if Leben would've knocked his head off he would've been an example of Pride guys being over-rated...that's the main reason I consider him Pride....
I get that but still...he was simply called that because PRIDE is the biggest name org he fought in. If such a short span is all it takes to be labeled as a name fighter then UFC has every right to claim several PRIDE fighters.
I say no matter what...reason says you are labeled with whoever you found your stride with. Where did you get your biggest fights...where did people learn your name...title...
To say he is a PRIDE fighter just because of a hypothetical label should he have lost (which I am not saying you're wrong) when he debuted is rather silly.
PRIDE thought so much of him he fought elsewhere in between for a few fights if I am not mistaken.
LEONARD
02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
There is no question that he had limited success in Pride (3-2)...
He had fought in Pride more times than any other org when he came to the UFC though... ;)
unless you count the Vale Tudo stuff, which was 5 times also...
dallaskd
02-25-2008, 06:00 PM
I think the PRIDE-UFC war has been laid to rest and it has been pretty much dead even.
Diaz>Gomi
Jackson>Liddell
Liddell>Wandy
Machida>Sokoudjou
UFC WWs>Any PRIDE welter
Gonzaga/Kongo>Cro Cop
Silva>Franklin
Not many PRIDE LWs in the UFC but they own that division outside BJ.
I would say its a dead heat.... but the big one Couture>Fedor just by the fact that fedor would rather fight in the circus than in a cage.
LEONARD
02-25-2008, 06:14 PM
I think the PRIDE-UFC war has been laid to rest and it has been pretty much dead even.
It's not dead really...Dana, Liddell, and others still talk about it for some reason...
Meltzer has a good breakdown...
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-ufcsider020808
Pride has a slight edge so far, and has 2 or 3 belts (depending on whether you consider Silva as Pride or not). They haven't signed any of the top LW's and Pride didn't have a WW division and has only sent over a couple to fight in that division so far, so that's pretty solid IMO. If Hendo wins, that's 3 for 3 on belts they've had a shot at so far...
Not bad for a group of joke fighters that were all on roids... :ihit :fro
dallaskd
02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Technically Gono, Sakurai and some others are natural WWs. hey and sakurai fought in the UFC before PRIDE! :lol
There is no question that he had limited success in Pride (3-2)...
He had fought in Pride more times than any other org when he came to the UFC though... ;)
unless you count the Vale Tudo stuff, which was 5 times also...
But that doesn't matter....He became a sensation ONCE he went to the UFC and knocked down their poster boy.
By you're argument the UFC can claim Josh also. Right?
I think the PRIDE-UFC war has been laid to rest and it has been pretty much dead even.
We're not really debating UFC vs PRIDE though.
We're arguing a stupid semantical (is that a word?) point on Anderson.
This is how we pass our day... :wakeup
If we published our emails it would be the same stupid crap we post here. :downspin:
dallaskd
02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Nakamura, Mishima, Shogun, Chonan, Aurelio, Cro Cop have all been pwnd in the UFC while Werdum and Filho(in WEC) have looked like crap. If you forget the titles i would say the UFC has won. I think Griffin-Jackson will be the end. If a TUF show cast member can beat 2 PRIDE superstars(Rampage+Shogun) I think it will put everything to rest.
dallaskd
02-25-2008, 07:36 PM
To be a PRIDE fighter do you have to be a superstar there? Anderson Silva was below average in PRIDE but has kicked ass in the UFC so he is a Pride fighter. What if Tito Ortiz started out 3-2 in the UFC and then went on to dominate PRIDE. You wouldnt consider him a UFC fighter BUT if Ortiz dominated the UFC for a period of time and got his ass kicked in Pride like Cro Cop has done in the UFC is he suddenly a UFC fighter?
Im so confused. :dizzy
In the end they are all Mixed Martial Artists.
But don't forget his cage rage gap between PRIDE and UFC.
dallaskd
02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
I dont think anyone will ever be advertised in a UFC promo as being a "Cage Rage fighter." :lol
I dont think anyone will ever be advertised in a UFC promo as being a "Cage Rage fighter." :lol
Which perfectly illustrates my point. :toast
In regards to Anderson...his labeling by Dana was simply for namesake as recognizable.
dallaskd
02-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Well Dana advertised Marquardt as a Pancrase Champion.
dallaskd
02-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Also Dana made it seem like Brock Lesnar being a WWE superstar was significant. :lol
dallaskd
02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
How will promote Kimbo if he ever signs? "he kicked ni**as asses on the street?"
Well Dana advertised Marquardt as a Pancrase Champion.
Ah but they will never compete with the UFC.
Until MMA levels off and people are still stealing the UFC's name..."UFC veteran".... he won't say a name for awhile. Eventually the UFC will mention other competing orgs...but not now while everything is growing so fast.
Also Dana made it seem like Brock Lesnar being a WWE superstar was significant. :lol
Was it WWE or wrestling in general?
How will promote Kimbo if he ever signs? "he kicked ni**as asses on the street?"
He is a master at such things. You don't take a 2 million dollar company and turn it into a billion dollar one with no skills at such things.
Dana is an ass but half of his job is a "circus crier" so that explains some of it.
polandprzem
02-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Pride champion is for promotion more than anything.
I mean, how can you be a champion of the organization that is not exsisting right?
Still this PRIDE got imagination power.
btw. ring and octagon are realy making a diference
As for Silva. I saw some of his fights in Cage rage some "hi lites" as well. Damn he can hit you with so many angles it's ridiculous. Well you know him better then me but I'm amazed, so many weapons he has you can't realy prepare a fight plan against him (esp. defense).
I like MMA more and more. Damn I need to go and kick some bag. !
Why Emelianenko didn't sign with UFC? I'm doomed by that.
LEONARD
02-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Nakamura, Mishima, Shogun, Chonan, Aurelio, Cro Cop have all been pwnd in the UFC while Werdum and Filho(in WEC) have looked like crap. If you forget the titles i would say the UFC has won. I think Griffin-Jackson will be the end. If a TUF show cast member can beat 2 PRIDE superstars(Rampage+Shogun) I think it will put everything to rest.
Huh? Werdum is 1-1 in the UFC and just KO'd one of the up and coming "stars" if you listen to the hype. He's with a new team now and certainly not in the "owned" category...
Filho is 2-0 regardless. He's not in the UFC so he shouldn't be included anyway. He has looked pretty bad though.
Crocop flamed out for whatever reason...he's the biggest flop so far.
Shogun came in requiring knee surgery and had no cardio because of it. Don't write him off yet, although I think he should fight at 185 lbs and Chuck will most likely beat him.
Mishima was a spare part in Pride...not even worth mentioning.
Nakamura was avg in Pride, and he lost to Machida...who also took-out Sokoudjou (why didn't you mention him? :p ) No shame in losing to Machida...at least he didn't get finished like Sokoudjou did.
Chonan was very avg in Pride (despite beating Silva) and lost to Karo after dropping to 170. No shame in losing to Karo.
Aurelio is 1-1 having lost to Guida.
Rampage vs Forrest won't put everything to rest IMO...certainly not if "everything" = did Pride or UFC have the better fighters? The answer is somewhere in between, and right now the Pride guys are doing fairly well overall.
I just wish the UFC had brought in some of the top LW's...instead we'll just have to watch them fight in Japan in badass LW tourny's :fro
Shogun came in requiring knee surgery and had no cardio because of it. Don't write him off yet, although I think he should fight at 185 lbs and Chuck will most likely beat him.
I won't write him off but nobody makes excuses like Chute Boxe guys...just sayen.
And I think he will be fine honestly. The dude is a stud and needs to adjust.
Crocop flamed out for whatever reason...he's the biggest flop so far.
You know....from what I am reading it seems the poor guy suffers from some serious depression.
LEONARD
02-26-2008, 02:00 PM
But that doesn't matter....He became a sensation ONCE he went to the UFC and knocked down their poster boy.
By you're argument the UFC can claim Josh also. Right?
Wait, what was my argument? :lol
Josh fought 5 times in the UFC and 9 times in Pride. He's well established in both but the whole roid thing kinda tainted anything he did in the UFC.
I won't write him off but nobody makes excuses like Chute Boxe guys...just sayen. And I think he will be fine honestly. The dude is a stud and needs to adjust.
I don't care for excuses either, but knee surgery is knee surgery. If you're too hurt to train and fight you should say so. He didn't for whatever reason. He probably thought he could get by Forrest regardless. Maybe now he'll get healthy and train, AND move to 185 lbs eventually. He's just not that big...he's not the typical 205 lb UFC bodytype.
Wait, what was my argument? :lol.
f-ck I dunno know anymore...such tired head...
let's just say I win and move on... :p:
I don't care for excuses either, but knee surgery is knee surgery. If you're too hurt to train and fight you should say so. He didn't for whatever reason. He probably thought he could get by Forrest regardless. Maybe now he'll get healthy and train, AND move to 185 lbs eventually. He's just not that big...he's not the typical 205 lb UFC bodytype.
gaggree
I saw we go for these three
Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson
Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring
Evan Tanner vs Yushin Okami
Somebody post the line and I will PM Kori
LEONARD
02-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Tanner +170
Okami -220
Herring +145
Kongo -175
Henderson +130
Silva -170
Henderson +130
Silva -170
wow
LEONARD
02-26-2008, 03:49 PM
It was +120 and -150, so people are betting heavier on Silva so far...
LEONARD
02-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Dustin Hazelett at +300 is the money bet...
Hazelett via 2nd rd guillotine on Koscheck :fro
Dustin Hazelett at +300 is the money bet...
vBookie Cash: $25
This means I am going on KOS........ :p:
Honestly though...can we get 4 fights on a vbookie? Me likem them odds against KOS.
LEONARD
02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
vBookie Cash: $25
This means I am going on KOS........ :p:
bastard!!
4 is probably pushing our luck... :lol
tlongII
02-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Okay, Okay. It won't be a knee to the forehead, but Silva will knock Henderson out. GuaranSheed!
dallaskd
02-26-2008, 09:59 PM
so we getting vbookie?
Kori said she will do them tonight. :tu
ATRAIN
02-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Finally Arlovski fights again!! Going to be a good card.
ATRAIN
02-27-2008, 08:13 AM
bastard!!
4 is probably pushing our luck... :lol
we got 3 of them
LEONARD
02-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Finally Arlovski fights again!!
...on the undercard... :lol
LEONARD
02-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Sam Caplan preview (audio) on Jarry Park
http://www.jarrypark.com/2008/02/27/the-park-previews-ufc-82/
Preview and betting tips from Desert Dog
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/27/ufc-82-odds-and-free-betting-tips-for-pride-of-a-champion/
Hendo interview (4 parts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A37yeXPD9WM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie0vmxfmZ9Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFcEpraCclE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxc8ZPflAk
Hendo on with Rome
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/02/25/dan-henderson-on-jim-rome-is-burning-video/
Hendo on with Josh Gross on Sherdog Radio
http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?id=507
Tracy Lee's trip to Big Bear (awesome pics of Hendo's training camp)
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/words/gdetail.php?id=33
Trigg says Hendo is sluggish at 185 lbs
http://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/23/frank-trigg%e2%80%99s-fight-breakdown-anderson-silva-vs-dan-henderson-part-i/
Herring interview (video)
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/26/heath-herring-on-ufc-82-cheick-kongo-fight-and-more-video/
Fitch interview
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/24/knocking-on-the-door-mmamaniacom-exclusive-sit-down-with-ufc-fighter-jon-fitch/
Chris Wilson preps for Fitch
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/18/ufc-82-chris-wilson-details-his-preparation-for-jon-fitch-fight/
Koscheck interview
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/02/22/josh-koscheck-talks-dustin-hazelett-ufc-82-matt-hughes-thoughts-on-swicks-debut-at-170-and-more-in-this-new-5-oz-interview/
Hazelett interview
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5763
Tanner interview
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/2008/02/24/ddn022508inside.html
Leben says that Sakara doesn’t deserve to be in the UFC…I don’t disagree, but he should probably slow down some. He said as much about Anderson Silva…lol
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/12/chris-leben-alessio-sakara-doesnt-deserve-to-be-in-the-ufc/
Jake O’Brien interview (video)
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/25/jake-obrien-as-long-as-i-keep-andrei-arlovski-on-his-back-i-think-itll-be-fine-during-ufc-82-fight-video/
LEONARD
02-27-2008, 02:04 PM
I’m going with 4 underdogs:
Hendo (ud)
Kongo
Fitch
Okami
Leben
Arlovski
Hazelett (ud)
Bielkheden (ud)
Cummo
Halverson (ud)
cornbread
02-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson
Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring
Evan Tanner vs Yushin Okami
Jon Fitch vs Chris Wilson
Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkheden
Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O’Brien
Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett
Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson
Evan Tanner is going to be back. He's gonna give Okami some knees from the clinch, a little gnp, and eventually slap the triangle on him. It will be a glorious return.
LEONARD
02-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Tanner vs Herring from 11 yrs ago...
http://bloodyelbow.com/story/2008/2/28/124838/662
sa_butta
02-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson
Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring
Evan Tanner vs Yushin Okami
Jon Fitch vs Chris Wilson
Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkheden
Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O’Brien
Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett
Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson
Silva and Hendo I beleive will go the distance with Silva winning the decision.
I think Kongo will knock out Herring. And I really would like to believe that the Pit Bull gives us something to get excited about again.
dallaskd
02-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Finally Arlovski fights again!!
Not that it matters, its his last fight in the UFC so you wont see him. I got O'Brien winning by a LnP. Just what Dana is hoping for. Expect Arlovski to be tentative and it will be just like O'Brien-Herring.
dallaskd
02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
And I really would like to believe that the Pit Bull gives us something to get excited about again.
No way Dana is going to let that fight air.
dallaskd
02-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson
Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring
Evan Tanner vs Yushin Okami
Jon Fitch vs Chris Wilson
Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkheden
Andrei Arlovski vs.Jake O’Brien
Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett
Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson
Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson
Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring (Might change this)
Evan Tanner vs Yushin Okami (Huge fan of both)
Jon Fitch vs Chris Wilson
Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkheden
Andrei Arlovski vs.Jake O’Brien (Andrei will have to be very aggressive to win and he hasn't been aggressive in a very long time)
Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett (Love KOS being buried)
Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson
Jorge's new nickname needs to be Mr. Undercard.
dallaskd
02-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Cummo creeps me out. Does he still drink his pee pee?
Cummo creeps me out. Does he still drink his pee pee?
Only it's first run through. Drinking the same tinkle twice is bad for you. :toast :p:
dallaskd
02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
I like Gurgel but I think he has used some roids...because(in the most hetero way) the guy's pecks look like women's tits. like muscular ones...
http://mmaplayground.com/i/fighters/196.jpg
Id like to find a better pic but if you cover up the head...that looks like a muscular woman...
dallaskd
02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
sorry i have random thoughts..
sorry i have random thoughts..
That doesn't look like gyno from roids.
dallaskd
02-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Sam Caplan preview (audio) on Jarry Park
http://www.jarrypark.com/2008/02/27/the-park-previews-ufc-82/
Preview and betting tips from Desert Dog
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/27/ufc-82-odds-and-free-betting-tips-for-pride-of-a-champion/
Hendo interview (4 parts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A37yeXPD9WM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie0vmxfmZ9Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFcEpraCclE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxc8ZPflAk
Hendo on with Rome
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/02/25/dan-henderson-on-jim-rome-is-burning-video/
Hendo on with Josh Gross on Sherdog Radio
http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?id=507
Tracy Lee's trip to Big Bear (awesome pics of Hendo's training camp)
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/words/gdetail.php?id=33
Trigg says Hendo is sluggish at 185 lbs
http://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/23/frank-trigg%e2%80%99s-fight-breakdown-anderson-silva-vs-dan-henderson-part-i/
Herring interview (video)
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/26/heath-herring-on-ufc-82-cheick-kongo-fight-and-more-video/
Fitch interview
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/24/knocking-on-the-door-mmamaniacom-exclusive-sit-down-with-ufc-fighter-jon-fitch/
Chris Wilson preps for Fitch
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/18/ufc-82-chris-wilson-details-his-preparation-for-jon-fitch-fight/
Koscheck interview
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/02/22/josh-koscheck-talks-dustin-hazelett-ufc-82-matt-hughes-thoughts-on-swicks-debut-at-170-and-more-in-this-new-5-oz-interview/
Hazelett interview
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5763
Tanner interview
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/2008/02/24/ddn022508inside.html
Leben says that Sakara doesn’t deserve to be in the UFC…I don’t disagree, but he should probably slow down some. He said as much about Anderson Silva…lol
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/12/chris-leben-alessio-sakara-doesnt-deserve-to-be-in-the-ufc/
Jake O’Brien interview (video)
http://mmamania.com/2008/02/25/jake-obrien-as-long-as-i-keep-andrei-arlovski-on-his-back-i-think-itll-be-fine-during-ufc-82-fight-video/
woo thanks leonard. always keeping spurstalk up-to-date.
sa_butta
02-29-2008, 08:55 AM
No way Dana is going to let that fight air.We might see it if one or more fights ends early. I just cant understand how he was so dominant and now he has just lost the fire.
polandprzem
02-29-2008, 09:36 AM
sorry i have random thoughts..
:lol
roids does not cause such effect.
dallaskd
02-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Dude, roids will give you boobs. i have a brother who is a former user.
djohn14
02-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson///Anderson-KO-round 2
Cheick Kongo vs Heath Herring////Kongo-KO-round 1
Evan Tanner vs Yushin Okami////Okami-Tapout-round 2---Go Tanner
Jon Fitch vs Chris Wilson////Fitch-Complete Domination-whatever round he wants!
Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkheden-Sanchez-KO-round 2
Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O’Brien///Arlovski-Tapout-round 1
Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti///Luigi-Ko-round 2
Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett///Koscheck-KO-round 2
Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson///OOOOOO I dont care, but Gurgel should win
MAIN CARD
* Anderson Silva (185) vs. Dan Henderson (184.5)
* Heath Herring (248) vs. Cheick Kongo (233.5)
* Chris Leben (185) vs. Alessio Sakara (185)
* Yushin Okami (184.5) vs. Evan Tanner (185)
* Jon Fitch (170) vs. Chris Wilson (169.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD
* Andrei Arlovski (241) vs. Jake O’Brien (231.5)
* Luke Cummo (170) vs. Luigi Fioravanti (170.5)
* Dustin Hazelett (170) vs. Josh Koscheck (169.5)
* David Bielkheden (170) vs. Diego Sanchez (169.5)
* Jorge Gurgel (154.5) vs. John Halverson (155)
dallaskd
02-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Changing my pick to Leben.
dallaskd
03-01-2008, 01:05 AM
anyone ever seen this??
http://www.mmapunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/dan-henderson-and-son.jpg
haha i love this pic.
polandprzem
03-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Damn!
I had a chance to watch that fight but I got to go to job before six!
And the main even will probably starts at 7am :depressed
And pissed :bang
:pctoss
Sorry just wanted to let it go
cornbread
03-01-2008, 06:05 PM
anyone ever seen this??
http://www.mmapunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/dan-henderson-and-son.jpg
haha i love this pic.
I thought Henderson's came out of the womb with cauliflower ear.
I thought Henderson's came out of the womb with cauliflower ear.
:clap
HighLowLobForBig-50
03-01-2008, 11:39 PM
can i get a M F'n update here
dbreiden83080
03-01-2008, 11:55 PM
can i get a M F'n update here
This is your best bet for an update as it happens.
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=739735
polandprzem
03-02-2008, 12:04 AM
It starting and I must go
They are entering the octagon I'm leaving the house :(
HighLowLobForBig-50
03-02-2008, 12:14 AM
this late, damn
dbreiden83080
03-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Silva won by Submission, choke in RD 2.
HighLowLobForBig-50
03-02-2008, 12:42 AM
weak
weak
What?!!?!?! WHY!??!!?
OK I am posting results on the next post. Don't scroll down further if you don't want to know.
..............................
.................................
.......................
LAST WARNING
QUICK RESULTS:
-Anderson Silva def. Dan Henderson by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:52, R2
-Heath Herring def. Cheick Kongo by Split Decision, R3
-Chris Leben def. Alessio Sakara by TKO (Strikes) at 3:16, R1
-Yushin Okami def. Evan Tanner by KO (Knee) at 3:00, R2
-Jon Fitch def. Chris Wilson by Unanimous Decision, R3
-Andrei Arlovski def. Jake O'Brien by TKO (Strikes) at 4:17, R2
-Luigi Fioravanti def. Luke Cummo by Unanimous Decision
-Josh Koscheck def. Dustin Hazelett by TKO (Strikes) at 1:24, R2
-Diego Sanchez def. David Bielkheden by Submission (Punches from Mount) at 4:43, R1
-Jorge Gurgel def. John Halverson by Unanimous Decision
polandprzem
03-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Okay guys
I was able to watch only two rounds (thanks to my co-worker) and it ended at round 2.
Now I'm at work and I was being pissed all the way going to my job.
10 seconds to survive 10 seconds!
Damn I hate Silva
Why Dan made a mistake like that?
I mean the choke is a hard to get escape with, so prevent it as much as you can.
On the ground Henderson should ... ahhh shieyit I must cool down
dbreiden83080
03-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Silva is the baddest man on the planet right now. If he moved up to 205 i am telling ya Rampage would lose to him.
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Goldy and Rogan over-exaggerated on that Silva "dominated" Hendo. Dan completely ran through Silva in the first round and if he can hold on for 8 more seconds I think we might have seen a different outcome. Herring looked sharp as well as Kongo. Good call though. I would give the slight nod to Herring. I would love to see that fight again. Okami and Fitch are beasts:end of story. I would like to see Tanner get in the picture again though. I like Chris Leben more and more every time I see him. Dustin Hazelett was VERY VERY impressive. I though he had Kos on the ropes early. I cant wait to see him fight agian.
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Silva is at the top of his game right now much like Liddell, Fedor, Hughes, Wandy, Gomi all once dominated for a long string of time.
Silva is not unbeatable. Heres my opinion on some possible threats to him..even though some are not currently at 185 or in the UFC...
Top Dogs:
Okami
Wandy
Lindland
Filho
Middle Guys:
Franklin
Kang
Misaki
Marquardt
Some Day?
Bisping
Trigg
Lawler
Shamrock
Akiyama
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Mayhem Miller? you can throw some many names out there but when someone is that on top of their game then your just guessing.
That's one hell of a list dallaskd! :toast
Miller is interesting but he would really have to work on his striking. I have been saying for awhile that is he learns how to KO he would be one of the most fan favorite MMA fighter out there.
I know I know I know Franklin was over hyped but IMO he has a good as a chance as anyone on that list physically but I would have to think Silva is in his head big time. Rich probably needs 3 or 4 more fights distance to shake away that nightmare.
I love Okami but I am not sure he is ready. Next year?
Filho is interesting. I cannot see him staying in the WEC much longer.
If Lindland hadn't spent the last few years trash talking the UFC and had gotten fully released from his Bodog contract he would have been a fascinating match-up this year.
Wandy...The UFC needs to be very careful with him. As long as he doesn't get a title shot soon I have zero problem with the UFC feeding him some semi-cans. Just take him out of the title loop and let him get his game back. Feed him some prospect who he will deliver a massive KO to as he makes his first UFC fight then perhaps let him send Stephan Bonnar packing into obscurity.
I dunno...what the hell do you do with the guy?
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Silva is the baddest man on the planet right now. If he moved up to 205 i am telling ya Rampage would lose to him.
Slow down there. I dont know about that. Rampage is alot physically stonger and is alot better gorund fighter. In striking Silva would have an advantage, but in the clinch and on the ground Jackson would overpower Silva IMO. Plus i dont think Silva ever will move from 185 in his career.
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 02:05 PM
That's one hell of a list dallaskd! :toast
Miller is interesting but he would really have to work on his striking. I have been saying for awhile that is he learns how to KO he would be one of the most fan favorite MMA fighter out there.
I know I know I know Franklin was over hyped but IMO he has a good as a chance as anyone on that list physically but I would have to think Silva is in his head big time. Rich probably needs 3 or 4 more fights distance to shake away that nightmare.
I love Okami but I am not sure he is ready. Next year?
Filho is interesting. I cannot see him staying in the WEC much longer.
If Lindland hadn't spent the last few years trash talking the UFC and had gotten fully released from his Bodog contract he would have been a fascinating match-up this year.
Wandy...The UFC needs to be very careful with him. As long as he doesn't get a title shot soon I have zero problem with the UFC feeding him some semi-cans. Just take him out of the title loop and let him get his game back. Feed him some prospect who he will deliver a massive KO to as he makes his first UFC fight then perhaps let him send Stephan Bonnar packing into obscurity.
I dunno...what the hell do you do with the guy?
I agree. I think Franklin has the best shot IMO if he can get Silva out of his nightmares and go balls out. Filho has the best shot as of today, but i dont think he will want to fight Anderson but he eventually will if this keeps up. Honestly, I think Wandy would handle Anderson fairly easily which is a long stretch. But I dont think he will drop after he beats Jardine. Okami could power him to the ground but would he do once the fight gets there? Im sure Lindland would have no problem considered hes fought Fedor and some other world class fighters at higher weight classes. Chael Sonnen looked good vs Filho...but im not sure how you beat Anderson. No one has ever gone out and flat out beat him. He got DQ'd vs Okami and lost by a (i dont like to say fluke but) a fluke flying scissor heel hook to Ryo Chonan. I never saw his first submission loss in Pride but that would be interesting to see even though it was about 4 or 5 years ago. something like that.
I think the biggest question is...How do you beat him? I was about 90% sure Hendo could take silva down and get him on his back. And Hendo did a great job GnP him for an entire round. He is just so hard to KO and few guys have better BJJ in the division. Its as if you need Franklins body, Filho's BJJ, Okami's wrestling/GnP, and the heart of a Dan Henderson. If Filho or someone like Jeremy Horn could get him on the ground that would be an amazing JJ war but both would get KO'd on the feet. As of right now the only guy I am confident would beat Silva is Wandy and I dont see him Going to MW unless he has a tough win or loss to Jardine. I just hope if that is true..he moves down weight and doesnt leave the org like Cro Cop. Should be an interesting year in the UFC and very interesting in the next 4 or 5 months.
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Just imagine Wanderlei and Anderson in the clinch kneeing each other to death... :fro
polandprzem
03-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Now what's with Dan?
he will probably be back in 205, but than again, he will have to fight his way back into a championship bout.
To me it was to early to challange the champions (the best of 3 - GSP) in his first fights (in a long time) in the octagon.
Ohh well, I'm not pleased. And I need to find some fighters I will cheer for.
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 03:47 PM
i thought dan did a really good job. he dominated the first round and did a decent job in the second. Hendo will stay at 185. its his natural weight class. Let him win 3 in a row and then he will challenge again.
polandprzem
03-02-2008, 04:05 PM
i thought dan did a really good job. he dominated the first round and did a decent job in the second. Hendo will stay at 185. its his natural weight class. Let him win 3 in a row and then he will challenge again.
I don't know if it's his natural weight class. He is older and it's not easy to keep the weight. He is natuarly over 190 as I remember.
He could do a better job. IMO he was not agresive as he could have been , but against silva it would possibly be death (well great risk).
I don't know if to dowload whole card or only Dan vs Silva fight.
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't know if to dowload whole card or only Dan vs Silva fight.
Kos vs Hazelett was fight of the night IMO. Leben-Sakara was good so was Herring-Kongo. I would buy those and Tanner-Okami.
djohn14
03-02-2008, 04:10 PM
What was that last sentence polandprzem? Anderson Silva cant be stopped!!!
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Havnt see the Sanchez, Cummo, or Arlovski fights yet.
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 04:14 PM
What was that last sentence polandprzem? Anderson Silva cant be stopped!!!
I disagree. Its hard to see him being stopped with the current situation the UFC is in. They have no choice but to give Okami next. Outside the UFC he has a lot of stiff competition in Kang, Lindland, Filho, ect. No one is unbeatable. I didnt think Diaz would beat Gomi either. If Wandy were too move down(as i said before) I think he could handle Anderson Silva. It would definately be a war though.
dallaskd
03-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Havnt see the Sanchez, Cummo, or Arlovski fights yet.
or gurgel
polandprzem
03-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Kos vs Hazelett was fight of the night IMO. Leben-Sakara was good so was Herring-Kongo. I would buy those and Tanner-Okami.
Well I was watching those fights, but it was 5-6am before going to job, so I had to prepare myself and watch and the quality was not perfect.
So I must say I do not remember the details of the fights :)
I always look for top level fights.
I need some more material to burn teh dvd's.
btw.
Still learning this sport and the fighters
djohn14
03-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I disagree. Its hard to see him being stopped with the current situation the UFC is in. They have no choice but to give Okami next. Outside the UFC he has a lot of stiff competition in Kang, Lindland, Filho, ect. No one is unbeatable. I didnt think Diaz would beat Gomi either. If Wandy were too move down(as i said before) I think he could handle Anderson Silva. It would definately be a war though.
Yeah, No one is unbeatable, I got a little carried away. The dude is a beast though. I'd love to see him and Filho, but he said they train togather and are like brothers and that will never happen. By the way, your right about KOS and Hazelett was fight of the night. Great non-stop action!
LEONARD
03-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Hendo should've worked harder for the takedown...he played around standing way too long. I was afraid he might do that because he does hit hard and hard a good chin. Silva is a beast though...no idea what's next for him. He'll probably request Okami to avenge that "loss." Although he did call-out Roy Jones Jr in some kind of match :lol
Very impressed with Heath...
Fitch continues to roll, although it wasn't the most exciting fight...
Poor Tanner...I didn't want him or Okami to lose. I figure Okami is next for Silva since that's Silva's last loss (DQ)...
Maybe we finally won't have to see Sakara in the UFC...seriously, how does he keep getting on cards?
Arlovski is GONE...if there was any hope of him re-signing with the UFC they would've showed his fight instead of Koscheck. Koscheck was also on the last fight of his contract...
All .nsv files except for intro (.asf). Need Winamp for nsv.
Show intro
http://www.mediafire.com/?yhe3ynynnvl
Main Card Bouts:
-Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson
http://www.mediafire.com/?bbzhvu2d1bf
-Cheick Kongo vs. Heath Herring
http://www.mediafire.com/?mt0whmzsy4o
-Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson
http://www.mediafire.com/?mo4n4risdlt
-Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmundgh9y17
-Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara
http://www.mediafire.com/?ywkqar0ouzy
Preliminary Bouts:
-Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett (aired)
http://www.mediafire.com/?r9ghm9nrxyg
un-aired prelims (wmv files)...high quality
Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O'Brien (un-aired)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3q1x7i
Diego Sanchez vs. David Bielkheden (un-aired)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h590uk
I don't know if it's his natural weight class. He is older and it's not easy to keep the weight. He is natuarly over 190 as I remember.
Having met a few fighters including Dan, he's certainly no LHW...he's very small. I was surprised...
Poor Tanner...I didn't want him or Okami to lose. I figure Okami is next for Silva since that's Silva's last loss (DQ)...
Just stunned that he was matched to Okami. Like I have said before...I am certain Okami specifically asked for him.
Okami may be one of the coolest fighters in MMA but unless he learns English it will never become known. Read an interview with the guy and you will walk away impressed.
I hate that he will have to be go through the Silva grinder.
LEONARD
03-03-2008, 02:12 PM
No idea why he took Okami as his return fight...
I love Tanner but he is not the brightest guy...
LEONARD
03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
:lol Arlovski made most (ignoring $60k bonus')...
Herring did well for himself...
Hendo had potential to make the most...
Hazelett's base was more than Koscheck's...
MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS
-Anderson Silva: $140,000 (defeated Dan Henderson; win bonus was $70,000)
-Dan Henderson: $100,000 (lost to Anderson Silva; win bonus would have been $150,000)
MAIN CARD FIGHTERS
-Heath Herring: $140,000 (defeated Cheick Kongo; win bonus was $70,000)
-Jon Fitch: $60,000 (defeated Chris Wilson; win bonus was $30,000)
-Chris Leben: $50,000 (defeated Alessio Sakara; win bonus was $25,000)
-Cheick Kongo: $30,000 (lost to Heath Herring; win bonus would have been $30,000)
-Yushin Okami: $28,000 (defeated Evan Tanner; win bonus was $14,000)
-Evan Tanner: $25,000 (lost to Yushin Okami; win bonus would have been $25,000)
-Alessio Sakara: $17,000 (lost to Chris Leben; win bonus would have been $17,000)
-Chris Wilson: $12,000 (lost to Jon Fitch; win bonus would have been $12,000)
PRELIMINARY MATCH FIGHTERS
-Andrei Arlovski: $170,000 (defeated Jake O’Brien; win bonus was $65,000)
-Diego Sanchez: $60,000 (defeated David Bielkheden; win bonus was $30,000)
-Josh Koscheck: $20,000 (defeated Dustin Hazelett; win bonus was $10,000)
-Luigi Fioravanti: $16,000 (defeated Luke Cummo; win bonus was $8,000)
-Luke Cummo: $16,000 (lost to Luigi Fioravanti; win bonus would have been $16,000)
-Jorge Gurgel: $14,000 (defeated John Halverson; win bonus was $7,000)
-Dustin Hazelett: $12,000 (lost to Josh Koscheck; win bonus would have been $12,000)
-Jake O’Brien: $11,000 (lost to Andrei Arlovski; win bonus would have been $11,000)
-David Bielkheden: $8,000 (lost to Diego Sanchez; win bonus would have been $8,000)
-John Halverson: $3,000 (lost to Jorge Gurgel; win bonus would have been $3,000)
LEONARD
03-03-2008, 04:27 PM
How did this not f Dan up bigtime??
http://i31.tinypic.com/6926th.jpg
I guess it was just the ball of the heel and the bridge of the foot never touched his throat?
tlongII
03-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Although I didn't see the fight, my understanding is that Silva caught Hendo with a knee in the 2nd round and that was Hendo's downfall. If true I had the fight pretty much called. :smokin
I haven't seen anybody defend well against Silva's Muary Thai clinches yet.
When that happened I was thinking about this thread....lol...
LEONARD
03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Although I didn't see the fight, my understanding is that Silva caught Hendo with a knee in the 2nd round and that was Hendo's downfall. If true I had the fight pretty much called. :smokin
I haven't seen anybody defend well against Silva's Muary Thai clinches yet.
LOL...every squirrel finds a nut on occasion...but predicting that Silva's MT knees will be effective is like saying that Tim Duncan will give the refs a bug eyed look and raise his palms to the sky after every foul called on him... :D
It was actually an attempted kick to the body that Dan kinda ducked into that started his big problems...
Predicting a KO with a knee to the forehead is still very odd, since that's probably the best place on your head to take a big shot...
The only people that predicted that Silva would walk thru Hendo (which he didn't do IMO since Hendo won rd 1) didn't have a clue who Hendo is...
and you still haven't seen the fight? Are you sure you're an mma fan? :dizzy
Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (avi) :fro
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nncc7r
gotta admit...pretty funny stuff...
http://mm.ticketmaster.com/tmbrowseimages/zuffa%20llc/email//UFC82_RESULTS_EMAIL_01A.JPG
tlongII
03-04-2008, 03:31 PM
LOL...every squirrel finds a nut on occasion...but predicting that Silva's MT knees will be effective is like saying that Tim Duncan will give the refs a bug eyed look and raise his palms to the sky after every foul called on him... :D
It was actually an attempted kick to the body that Dan kinda ducked into that started his big problems...
Predicting a KO with a knee to the forehead is still very odd, since that's probably the best place on your head to take a big shot...
The only people that predicted that Silva would walk thru Hendo (which he didn't do IMO since Hendo won rd 1) didn't have a clue who Hendo is...
and you still haven't seen the fight? Are you sure you're an mma fan? :dizzy
Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (avi) :fro
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nncc7r
Dude, I ain't watching it unless it's free. LOL!
tlongII
03-04-2008, 03:34 PM
LOL...every squirrel finds a nut on occasion...but predicting that Silva's MT knees will be effective is like saying that Tim Duncan will give the refs a bug eyed look and raise his palms to the sky after every foul called on him... :D
It was actually an attempted kick to the body that Dan kinda ducked into that started his big problems...
Predicting a KO with a knee to the forehead is still very odd, since that's probably the best place on your head to take a big shot...
The only people that predicted that Silva would walk thru Hendo (which he didn't do IMO since Hendo won rd 1) didn't have a clue who Hendo is...
and you still haven't seen the fight? Are you sure you're an mma fan? :dizzy
Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (avi) :fro
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nncc7r
True, but why is that? Most other Muay Thai fighters I've seen in the UFC can be defended, but Silva still locks in the clinch and bombs away with the knees. Is he just deceptively strong or something? I find it rather surprising.
LEONARD
03-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Dude, I ain't watching it unless it's free. LOL!
The link I just provided is free :dizzy
tlongII
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
The link I just provided is free :dizzy
Not what came up on my screen. It said I had to subscribe.
LEONARD
03-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Not what came up on my screen. It said I had to subscribe.
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/226045.jpg
tlongII
03-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Okay, I'm downloading it now. I just hope I can play AVI files. I don't think I've ever used that format before.
LEONARD
03-04-2008, 05:48 PM
You'll be ok...I promise... :lol
tlongII
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Bummer. The download didn't work. All I get is a black screen when I try to play it.
tlongII
03-04-2008, 09:20 PM
do you have real player?
Not sure. I have a few different players.
tlongII
03-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Actually it looks like I use QuickTime to play videos. However I get a message that I need to load additional components from QuickTime in order to show this video. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me exactly what additional components I need to load.
dallaskd
03-04-2008, 10:55 PM
dear god tlong...:lol
Arlovski-Obrien Pt I
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ufc%2B82/video/x4kwb7_ufc-82-prelim-arlovski-vs-obrien1_sport
Arlovski-Obrien Pt II
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ufc%2B82/video/x4kwq1_ufc-82-prelim-arlovski-vs-obrien2_sport
Sanchez-Beikheden
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ufc%2B82/video/x4kvd8_ufc-82-prelim-sanchez-vs-biekheden_sport
Im looking for more...
dallaskd
03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Found a great website for all your PPV needs Tlong
You can watch the entire broadcast of UFC 75-82 on here....
http://watchtvsitcoms.com/fighting.php
You can also stream tv shows, boxing fights(pavlik-taylor II), and UFC events
Also watch movies like Rambo and get music!
Sure sounds illegal to me!
website:
http://www.watchtvsitcoms.com/index.html
dallaskd
03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Make a donation while your there.
dallaskd
03-04-2008, 11:43 PM
I was thinking about possible Silva oppenents and it made me think...where the hell is Martin Kampmann??? He hasnt be seen after he pulled out of the Franklin fight at 72.
LEONARD
03-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Good grief tlong :lol
I was thinking about possible Silva oppenents and it made me think...where the hell is Martin Kampmann??? He hasnt be seen after he pulled out of the Franklin fight at 72.
Recovering from multiple knee surgeries...he'll be back at UFC 85...
http://mmajunkie.com/news/3872/martin-kampmann-vs-jorge-rivera-at-ufc-85.mma
LEONARD
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Dana says that Fedor is only ranked like he is out of hate for him…wtf? Still says he's not a top 5 HW. (part 2 at the 14 min mark)
http://mrsunshinevegas.wordpress.com/2008/03/02/ufc-82-post-fight-press-conference-part-a/
and Steve Seivert of the Houston Chronicle points out his contradiction regarding Coleman…hehe. So I guess he's feeding Lesnar a can??
http://mrsunshinevegas.wordpress.com/2008/03/05/dana-with-axe-to-grind-about-pound-for-pound/
Goldie and the “switch kick”…hahaha
http://fightlinker.com/blog/?p=1706
LEONARD
03-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Full event streaming
http://mmafightvideos.blogspot.com/2008/03/ufc-82-pride-of-champion-full-event.html
ahhhhhhhhh Dana... :lol
Full event streaming
http://mmafightvideos.blogspot.com/2008/03/ufc-82-pride-of-champion-full-event.html
How is that site still open......
polandprzem
03-05-2008, 04:43 PM
That was not Hi quality of the dan-silva fight :)
I've downloaded the whole 82 already, quality is perfect. :tu
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.