PDA

View Full Version : Jacque Vaughn

E20
02-21-2008, 10:11 PM
With the return of Tony and the acquistion of DStoud, has Jacque Vaughn lost his backup role? He was limited to 6 min today.

J.T.
02-22-2008, 07:16 AM
SAN ANTONIO (AP)-- In the early morning hours of February 22, 2008, local paramedics found San Antonio Spurs backup point guard Jacque Vaughn lying face down in his toilet.

He was reported as being strung out on several types of narcotic drugs, and police found several publicity photographs of Spurs starting point guard Tony Parker with the eyes scratched out. One room in Vaughn's house had been locked off, and after Vaughn refused to hand over the key, authorities forced their way in only to find "WHY ME?" written all over the walls, presumably in blood. They also found the corpse of fellow backup point guard Damon Stoudamire in this room.

Vaughn and his team had just returned from defeating the Minnesota Timberwolves 100-99 in Minneapolis. During the game, Vaughn only played six minutes and upon returning to San Antonio, he was seen drinking heavily at several local night clubs. His wife, Laura Vaughn, said "I was shocked when I woke up and he wasn't in bed. I knew he was upset that his minutes had gone down, but I had no idea it was this serious."

Authorities tried to seek comment from Brent Barry, who was performing stand up comedy at one of the night clubs Vaughn was seen drinking at, but Barry refused comment, saying, "I'm not with the Spurs right now, so I have nothing to say." Team officials and other Spurs players were unavailable for comment.

Vaughn is an eleven-year NBA veteran. He won his first NBA title as part of the Spurs championship team last season. Vaughn currently holds an NBA record for most consecutive missed field goals at 22, set in 2001 when he was a member of the Atlanta Hawks.

Holt's Cat
02-22-2008, 08:47 AM
With the return of Tony and the acquistion of DStoud, has Jacque Vaughn lost his backup role? He was limited to 6 min today.

Probably so. Stoudamire looked solid last night for the most part. He definitely has a feel for the Spurs' offense and defense. Vaughn will probably be used in spot situations for his defense.

SAGambler
02-22-2008, 09:01 AM
I think unless Tony or Damon goes down to injury, or we have some blow outs, Vaughn has just about seen his final time on the court.

Thank the BB Gods that Damon is picking up the scheme so quickly.

m33p0
02-22-2008, 09:11 AM
vaughn is still a great insurance for the spurs for when damon is playing badly or when either tony or damon are out. not bad as 3rd point guards go.

VaSpursFan
02-22-2008, 09:17 AM
vaughn is a 3rd string point guard, at best, in this league. damon is a former starting point guard is in this league and more adept at facilitating the offense than vaughn. i appreciate JV's efforts but damon should be tony's backup.