PDA

View Full Version : Laker fans going nuts re Barry--

Man of Steel
02-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Accusing collusion between Pop and Brent--

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=56364

NASpurs
02-22-2008, 12:31 AM
I've taken shits with more basketball knowledge than that crap over there. Do they live in some kind of Laker bubble?

NASpurs
02-22-2008, 12:32 AM
I see dazedandconfused posts there. nvm, I got my question answered.

T Park
02-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Dazed and Confused is one of the better Laker fans there.

Thats how bad it is.

BonnerDynasty
02-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Personally, I think they'll make the adjustment. It's not a very hard one to make, especially when it comes to Barry, who isn't exactly the quickest shot in the league.

LMMFAO.

TwoHandJam
02-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Laker fans claiming collusion after the Gasol fiasco is like Pol Pot complaining that someone took his parking space.

Shaolin-Style
02-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Their stupidity is humorous.

They act like Kurt Thomas and Brent Barry are bigger travesties than getting Gasol for nothing.

They'll still lose to the "old, declined" Spurs(boy, we hear that every year and still we're the team to beat, I think its more of a compliment)

And then we can put all this collusion bs behind us and listen to them whine about David Stern fixing little old small market SA beating LA again for some inexplicable reason.

nkdlunch
02-22-2008, 01:05 AM
fuck 'em

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Who cares? Geezus, don't drag that trash here, just ignore them.

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Eh I don't think Laker fans care all that much. Barry is good but he is not going to make or break a series between us.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Yeah, they are posting for typing practice.

FvckMavs
02-22-2008, 01:22 AM
He might be the next Kerr.

Eh I don't think Laker fans care all that much. Barry is good but he is not going to make or break a series between us.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-22-2008, 01:27 AM
Well, that was predictable. What cheats we are! :lmao

And after they got Gasol for nothing. Fuck me, people are so BLIND and incapable of OBJECTIVITY.

My prediction - that rule will be changed to 3 months wait to return to your previous team in the offseason.

batboy
02-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Dazed and Confused is one of the better Laker fans there.

Thats how bad it is.

:lmao

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2008, 02:30 AM
Why do you even care what the Lakers think? We're 1st round fodder right? Kobe's a ballhog who can't lead a team and Phil Jackson can't win without HOF players.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Why are you here?

Dave McNulla
02-22-2008, 02:37 AM
i dont' go to lakerground since they banned me for nothing a few years ago. they're up there with suns fans in hiding from the truth.

z0sa
02-22-2008, 02:39 AM
Why do you even care what the Lakers think? We're 1st round fodder right? Kobe's a ballhog who can't lead a team and Phil Jackson can't win without HOF players.

:dramaquee :donkey

Purple & Gold
02-22-2008, 02:50 AM
:rolleyes Uhhhh nobody is going nuts. Nobody really cares. I did like how Seattle got 3 first rounders out of Kurt Thomas though.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2008, 02:51 AM
They're still posting about it! :lol

And their douchebag fans are posting about it here too! :lmao

MajicMan
02-22-2008, 02:52 AM
i dont' go to lakerground since they banned me for nothing a few years ago. they're up there with suns fans in hiding from the truth.
That place sucks. Nothing but Kobe groupies there.

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2008, 03:16 AM
They're still posting about it! :lol

And their douchebag fans are posting about it here too! :lmao

OMG I'm so funny I have to repeatedly laugh at my own jokes because nobody else is, HAHAHA.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2008, 03:17 AM
Now lakerfans can't stop posting about hawkfan.

On a Spurs board.

What is with you guys?

m33p0
02-22-2008, 03:19 AM
spurs just showing dallas and los angeles how its done, that's all.

Mister Sinister
02-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Well, that was predictable. What cheats we are! :lmao

And after they got Gasol for nothing. Fuck me, people are so BLIND and incapable of OBJECTIVITY.

My prediction - that rule will be changed to 3 months wait to return to your previous team in the offseason.
:lol What'd I tell ya?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-22-2008, 03:55 AM
Now lakerfans can't stop posting about hawkfan.

On a Spurs board.

What is with you guys?

Hey CD, whaddaya think about the Bibby deal? Disastrous first game for Bibby but that's to be expected. I think he might lead them to the 8th spot.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2008, 03:57 AM
Bibby just might get the Hawks to the playoffs. Of course he's overpriced, but the Hawks didn't really give up much of anything.

RonMexico
02-22-2008, 04:12 AM
If he comes back to the Spurs, that's lame because I want him to sign with the Suns and light up US Airways Center in the playoffs.

spursfan09
02-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Suns already have thier old sharp shootin guard who can get hurt at any time in Hill. The Spurs deserve to have Barry now. Stay away Suns!

pad300
02-22-2008, 10:18 AM
If he comes back to the Spurs, that's lame because I want him to sign with the Suns and light up US Airways Center in the playoffs.

Take what you can get. Think of it this way Ron, "Half a loaf ain't bad!"...

You'll get "light up the US Airways Center in the Playoffs"...

:elephant :p:

The Truth #6
02-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Laker fans claiming collusion after the Gasol fiasco is like Pol Pot complaining that someone took his parking space.

This is one of the funniest lines I've ever read on Spurstalk.

BonnerDynasty
02-22-2008, 10:33 AM

What makes you think he will try to actually make his shots against Spurs :smokin

YoMamaIsCallin
02-22-2008, 10:34 AM

Isn't that part of the CBA? Which runs through the 2010 season at least? So how could it be changed?

cash459
02-22-2008, 11:17 AM

Laker fans dont care all that much about Barry :rolleyes thats why they're talking about it on their teams post board AND on ours....

if thats not concern, then i must be drunk :drunk

Funny how lkaers fans saw nothing wron with the trade for pau, but now when the spurs make moves and have the potential to have obtained Thomas for next to nothing, then they start to cry foul..... :lol :lol

funny when the shoe is on the other foot, huh?

Medvedenko
02-22-2008, 12:07 PM
The only reason these guys are talking about it is because of Pop and his BS trade committee. Man, I've been posting here for 4 years and the elitism and arrogance of spur fans is unsurpassed. There was like a million pages of vitriol hate regarding the Pau trade and "collusion". Do I give a shit about you guys getting KT....actually I'm a fan of this trade. I wish the spurs good luck, their fans not so much.

daslicer
02-22-2008, 12:18 PM
The only reason these guys are talking about it is because of Pop and his BS trade committee. Man, I've been posting here for 4 years and the elitism and arrogance of spur fans is unsurpassed. There was like a million pages of vitriol hate regarding the Pau trade and "collusion". Do I give a shit about you guys getting KT....actually I'm a fan of this trade. I wish the spurs good luck, their fans not so much.

I feel exactly the same way about the Lakers. I actually have no hate for the current roster but I just hater their fans just like you hate spur fans. I have to say Lakerfans have to be the biggest group up of elitist fans I have ever seen. For you say spur fans are elitist is hypocriticaly considering all you have to do is look in your backyard and see all the elitist laker fan spew the typical crap "We're a storied franchise blah blah and its tradition and our right to win titles blah blah and anybody on any other team sucks!"

coopdogg3
02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Please don't put the Pau and the KT trade in the same category. The spurs gave up expiring contracts and a 1st-round pick. They gave value for KT. If Brent Barry wants to come back, that's just because San Antonio is a great place to play. We can't be faulted for that.

The Lakers gave crap for an elite player, an all-star. The Spurs trade happened just before the deadline, if Memphis had waited a couple weeks, I'm pretty sure they would have had a better offer on the table.

Guess we'll never know, but collusion seems to benefit the Lakers far more than the Spurs. Not that the Lakers need to apologize, they acquired a great player by giving up crap. Well done. But don't pretend like the Memphis-LA trade was fair and above-board.

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2008, 12:21 PM

I agree, the only reason we bring it up is because Pop made that silly little comment about trade committees. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. And if Barry does resign with the Spurs you KNOW they had some under the table deal going on the whole time.

coopdogg3
02-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I agree, the only reason we bring it up is because Pop made that silly little comment about trade committees. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. And if Barry does resign with the Spurs you KNOW they had some under the table deal going on the whole time.

Again, how are you comparing Pau with KT and Barry? We're talking about a completely different scale here. Like trying to weigh an 18-wheeler on a bathroom scale. It just won't work.

And the Spurs trade was only in response to the Lakers-Grizz debacle. So expect a few stones. Don't know why you're defensive. If the Spurs had made that Pau trade, I'd be celebrating it. And not giving a crap if it was collusion or not.

Fabbs
02-22-2008, 12:28 PM
People at this point in time ^^^ simply market some kind of sause to these cultists. Put some water, kool aid, gunk off the bottom of your shoe and whatever in a bottle. Put some shiny perple n golden label on it and call it Laker Winnin Juice. Say it is endorsed by Jack Nicholson. Charge 19.95 per bottle and watch the profits roll in as they roll off shelves everywhere Laker cultists are to be found.

Saying the injured Brent Barry trade is like Kwame for Gasol. :elephant :downspin:

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Did I say the two situations were comparable? Nope, you guys are pros at twisting words though to fit your agendas.

Budkin
02-22-2008, 12:33 PM

Nuff said, hypocrisy at its best.

Medvedenko
02-22-2008, 12:34 PM
You guys are missing the whole point. Of course the Pau trade was a raping beyond belief, however that's not the focus. The focus was "collusion" and claims brought down by spur fans lamenting the fact that Jerry West had something to do with it. Now that you guys got KT and possibly Barry back is great, but under the visage of "back door deals" it's pretty much the same. Player for player, not so much...

coopdogg3
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Did I say the two situations were comparable? Nope, you guys are pros at twisting words though to fit your agendas.

LOL :lol If you're not aware that your words implied such a comparison, than so be it. I can't help you. But when you give throwing stone talk with glass houses, you are certainly implying that we are both in the same boat (to further mix some metaphors). Which is patently not the case with these 2 trades.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I've taken shits with more basketball knowledge than that crap over there. Do they live in some kind of Laker bubble?

I think our 'stupid posters per capita' might be among the highest on the internets. We probably shouldn't be throwing stones.

coopdogg3
02-22-2008, 12:41 PM
You guys are missing the whole point. Of course the Pau trade was a raping beyond belief, however that's not the focus. The focus was "collusion" and claims brought down by spur fans lamenting the fact that Jerry West had something to do with it. Now that you guys got KT and possibly Barry back is great, but under the visage of "back door deals" it's pretty much the same. Player for player, not so much...

It is not "pretty much the same". In fact, there are a few Spurs posters here who did not like the trade. The spurs gave up value for KT. How many Lakers fans opposed the Gasol trade? I'm willing to bet, not one. There is a big difference between these two trades, ESPECIALLY if you factor in the players involved.

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2008, 12:41 PM
LOL :lol If you're not aware that your words implied such a comparison, than so be it. I can't help you. But when you give throwing stone talk with glass houses, you are certainly implying that we are both in the same boat (to further mix some metaphors). Which is patently not the case with these 2 trades.

In the same boat as far as making under the table deals, doesn't matter what players are involved. Are we really arguing over this? Great trade for SAS, let's leave it at that.

Medvedenko
02-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I think our 'stupid posters per capita' might be among the highest on the internets. We probably shouldn't be throwing stones.

Look I don't aim to be a bitch about this and can care less regarding petty fighting between fans....I love a good debate but somethings I can't tolerate.

cash459
02-22-2008, 12:58 PM

thats one of the bigegst ASSumptions all year.....NOBODY knows if there were behind the back deals, under the table, whatever the hell you wanna call it, so stop trying to imagine what happened or pretend that ANYONE knows what happened......

Yes, Pop made some comments, so what everyone is free to speak their minds, just like on here, both were good trades for both teams, no matter who/what got traded. The fact that the other teams didnt get more for their players is nobodys fault but their own.....

can we drop this, move on and just wait til april when they finally play each other...... :wtf

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2008, 01:05 PM
thats one of the bigegst ASSumptions all year.....NOBODY knows if there were behind the back deals, under the table, whatever the hell you wanna call it, so stop trying to imagine what happened or pretend that ANYONE knows what happened......

Yes, Pop made some comments, so what everyone is free to speak their minds, just like on here, both were good trades for both teams, no matter who/what got traded. The fact that the other teams didnt get more for their players is nobodys fault but their own.....

can we drop this, move on and just wait til april when they finally play each other...... :wtf

Then don't make any collusion comments about Jerry West and the Lakers. You don't have any shred of evidence to support that claim either.

FromWayDowntown
02-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Look I don't aim to be a bitch about this and can care less regarding petty fighting between fans....I love a good debate but somethings I can't tolerate.

I think he might have actually been sympathizing with your point -- at least to an extent.

whottt
02-22-2008, 01:17 PM
LakerFans...what part of Barry was waived and can be claimed by any team in the NBA don't you get?

That's not collusion...morons.

You guys can block him from coming to the Spurs.

Unlike the Gasol trade....where no one could stop it from happening.

Don't want Barry coming back to the Spurs? Claim him off waivers.

hater
02-22-2008, 01:18 PM

WTF r u talking about?? Spurs have not even signed barry yet. Can't u wait until then to start bitching??

U and the other laker fans are accussing Spurs of something that might never happen.

also use your brain,even if this happens:

#1 Barry is still injured and might not even make it back this season
#2 Even if he's 100% he is merely a role player. We will not win or lose the championship because of Barry.
#3 Udoka is getting most of Barry's minutes regardless
#4 it is perfectly legal for Spurs to resign him

How can u even compare that situation with lakers getting memphis' franchise player for Kwame Brown????

have laker fans completely lost their sense?

Medvedenko
02-22-2008, 01:21 PM
WTF r u talking about?? Spurs have not even signed barry yet. Can't u wait until then to start bitching??

U and the other laker fans are accussing Spurs of something that might never happen.

also use your brain,even if this happens:

#1 Barry is still injured and might not even make it back this season
#2 Even if he's 100% he is merely a role player. We will not win or lose the championship because of Barry.
#3 Udoka is getting most of Barry's minutes regardless
#4 it is perfectly legal for Spurs to resign him

How can u even compare that situation with lakers getting memphis' franchise player for Kwame Brown????

have laker fans completely lost their sense?

What part of I don't give a shit regarding this trade don't you get.

whottt
02-22-2008, 01:22 PM

The part where you are participating in a thread about those who do...

Medvedenko
02-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I think he might have actually been sympathizing with your point -- at least to an extent.

Look EHJ is good people...my statement wasn't directed to him.

hater
02-22-2008, 01:27 PM

You are comparing the Lakers trade to this trade. that is nuts for the reasons I stated

FromWayDowntown
02-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Look EHJ is good people...my statement wasn't directed to him.

Like I say, I think he was saying that your point about (some) Spurs fans is valid. I would agree with him (and you) on that -- though I'd dispute that it applies to all Spurs fans.

Medvedenko
02-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Of course it doesn't apply to all spur fans.

OH and Hater....please, reading comprehension is key. I'm not comparing the actual players traded, but the means surrounding them and the allegations that the Lakers somehow colluded with Jerry West (who has nothing to do with Memphis right now) with what the Spurs did with Presti and PJ.

leemajors
02-22-2008, 01:31 PM
doesn't west still act as a "consultant" with memphis?

Medvedenko
02-22-2008, 01:34 PM
A consultant...maybe, I'm not quite sure. Is he the GM or coach...no

remingtonbo2001
02-22-2008, 03:07 PM

The part where you said it was a "back-door deal", equal to the Pau Gasol trade. (I'm not getting on you MEV, but surely you see my point)

We need to push Kori for a required IQ minimum before granting membership.
People like D&C need to be filtered out.

I don't mind if people have a difference of opinion. I can even deal with arrogance, and the occasional ignorance. However stupidity has run rampent lately with the likes of Princess Pimp and D&C.

George Gervin's Afro
02-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I just wanted to add that the lakers suck and i hope we end thier season in the playoffs..

Xylus
02-22-2008, 03:11 PM
I just wanted to add that the lakers suck and i hope we end thier season in the playoffs..

Strike
02-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

The league of women voters called. They want their cliché back.

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2008, 03:17 PM
The part where you said it was a "back-door deal", equal to the Pau Gasol trade. (I'm not getting on you MEV, but surely you see my point)

We need to push Kori for a required IQ minimum before granting membership.
People like D&C need to be filtered out.

I don't mind if people have a difference of opinion. I can even deal with arrogance, and the occasional ignorance. However stupidity has run rampent lately with the likes of Princess Pimp and D&C.

Like you should talk man. Want me to go digging through the archives to find your little nuggets of "wisdom"?

It's "rampant", btw.

easjer
02-22-2008, 03:20 PM
LakerFans...what part of Barry was waived and can be claimed by any team in the NBA don't you get?

That's not collusion...morons.

You guys can block him from coming to the Spurs.

Unlike the Gasol trade....where no one could stop it from happening.

Don't want Barry coming back to the Spurs? Claim him off waivers.

This could not be repeated enough.

If it was collusion it was pretty high risk collusion for the Spurs, since Barry being waived means that he was completely up for grabs.

DazedAndConfused
02-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Barry is good but he ain't gonna make or break a series between us, especially if he's hobbled. You can have him back.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Those grapes are obviously sour.

Fabbs
02-22-2008, 04:00 PM

We need to push Kori for a required IQ minimum before granting membership.People like D&C need to be filtered out.

:lmao :lmao

Agloco
02-22-2008, 07:37 PM

The hypocrisy is nauseating.......

cash459
02-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Then don't make any collusion comments about Jerry West and the Lakers. You don't have any shred of evidence to support that claim either.

well, to be honest, I never said anything about that.......just how you dont like Spurs fans lumping the lakers all together in the way they act; dont do the same thing to us........treat how you wanna be treated........

TwoHandJam
02-22-2008, 08:52 PM

:toast

remingtonbo2001
02-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Like you should talk man. Want me to go digging through the archives to find your little nuggets of "wisdom"?

By all means, knock yourself out. You might actually learn something.

Oh, who am I kidding.