PDA

View Full Version : Jackson has 40-20 vision

LakeShow
02-22-2008, 12:49 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep22feb22,1,1468537.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Quote:

Mention the phrase "40 before 20" to Phil Jackson, and you can almost sense his mind flashing back to greatness.

The Lakers' coach believes that elite teams win 40 games before they lose 20, a mark achieved by the Lakers in all three of their championships earlier this decade and by the Chicago Bulls in all six of their championships with Jackson as coach in the 1990s.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Kobe to the lakers, "Know you can do it. Don't think you can. Know you can — because we're a good team."

Spoken like a true champion. FEAR NO ONE!

"He's the best player in the league; he really is," O'Neal said of Bryant. "I've been saying that since I was playing with him."

Shaq loves us again. I think he'll retire as a Los Angeles Lakers!

Vinnie_Johnson
02-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Phil is smart.

Signed

The sky is Blue
and Grass is green

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 01:02 AM
The Lakers' coach believes that elite teams win 40 games before they lose 20, a mark achieved by the Lakers in all three of their championships earlier this decade and by the Chicago Bulls in all six of their championships with Jackson as coach in the 1990s.[/

Ok Phil, there's your 40 before 20! I know what can you do with a team like that and I am very confident that you will do it again! Bring the Title back to LA, where titles belong!

:smokin

Medvedenko
02-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Good start...they do have troubles with athletic teams right now. They will need Bynum and Ariza when it's all said and done.

Purple & Gold
02-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Ok Phil, there's your 40 before 20! I know what can you do with a team like that and I am very confident that you will do it again! Bring the Title back to LA, where titles belong!

:smokin

:clap :clap :clap

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Good start...they do have troubles with athletic teams right now. They will need Bynum and Ariza when it's all said and done.

No doubt! We definitely need those guys to win it all. Tonight was tough and Lamar being in foul trouble all night didn't help but a win's a win!

I'm not hearing the media talking about the Lakers could Possibly win the title without those guys. I want to take possibly out the equation. With those guys we win without question! imo

Amuseddaysleeper
02-27-2008, 01:26 AM
I don't think you'll beat the Spurs

Findog
02-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Hmm, if the Mavs can beat the Spurs on Thursday, we'll hit that 40 before 20 mark. Otherwise, not.

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Hmm, if the Mavs can beat the Spurs on Thursday, we'll hit that 40 before 20 mark. Otherwise, not.

:lol Avery hasn't won 9 titles out of 9 tries after hitting 40 before 20. :p:

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 01:31 AM

I think the lakers have enough to offset the spurs. If healthy. It'll go down to the wire but I feared the Spurs experience earlier in the season but I think the Lakers athleticism would get them over the hump.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-27-2008, 01:32 AM
I think the lakers have enough to offset the spurs. If healthy. It'll go down to the wire but I feared the Spurs experience earlier in the season but I think the Lakers athleticism would get them over the hump.

That's a fair assessment.

The thing about you guys is that I think you can either push the tempo or play very well in a half-court offense.

It'll be one hell of a series for sure.

Bob Lanier
Whoa, whoa, it's logic!

DazedAndConfused
Man what a great win tonight in spite of the horrid reffing. I swear that 1st half was just brutal.

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 01:38 AM
That's a fair assessment.

The thing about you guys is that I think you can either push the tempo or play very well in a half-court offense.

It'll be one hell of a series for sure.

No doubt just like the good ole days! :toast

We still have to work with Gasol on D but he screwed up tonight and showed us he can play good D with a better effort. I'm sure Phil will get on him after the newness wears off. I just hope we can stop losing players to injuries so we can see the best of the best!

Findog
02-27-2008, 01:39 AM

He didn't coach MJ, Shaq and Kobe either. On a serious note, Dirk isn't the only one under the gun this spring. Avery has to prove himself too if he wants to keep his job.

Findog
02-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Damn, every West contender except Utah won tonight. What else is new?

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 01:45 AM
He didn't coach MJ, Shaq and Kobe either. On a serious note, Dirk isn't the only one under the gun this spring. Avery has to prove himself too if he wants to keep his job.

Avery Should be accountable as well. He was out coached in the Mavs last 2 playoff appearances.

Findog
02-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Avery Should be accountable as well. He was out coached in the Mavs last 2 playoff appearances.

Riley and Nellie would've won those series no matter which roster they had, that's how badly Avery was worked over. But people want to lay it all at Dirk's feet.

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Riley and Nellie would've won those series no matter which roster they had, that's how badly Avery was worked over. But people want to lay it all at Dirk's feet.

Well Dirk played a big part in it too but Avery didn't make any adjustments to help his team win. IMO

Amuseddaysleeper
02-27-2008, 01:53 AM
No doubt just like the good ole days! :toast

We still have to work with Gasol on D but he screwed up tonight and showed us he can play good D with a better effort. I'm sure Phil will get on him after the newness wears off. I just hope we can stop losing players to injuries so we can see the best of the best!

You know, the thing is, my biggest fear from the Lakers isn't Kobe (bowen won't shut him down, but he will make things tougher), or Pau, or Lamar, or the Lakers bench........it's actually Phil Jackson. If there ever was a coach who knew how to exploit any weakness from the opposition, it's PJ.

I think this series will come down to PJ vs. Pop

and sadly, Pop takes an entire game to make an adjustment whereas PJ seems to make them on the fly.

DazedAndConfused
02-27-2008, 02:12 AM
LOL Phil is the worst at in-game adjustments, Pop is one of the best at it. Funny that you think that way about our coach, his mentality is to let his players play through adversity.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-27-2008, 03:44 AM
LOL Phil is the worst at in-game adjustments, Pop is one of the best at it. Funny that you think that way about our coach, his mentality is to let his players play through adversity.

I know PJ is notorious for not calling timeouts and letting his players play "through it" but I think jackson also knows how to get the most out of his players, arguably moreso than anyone in the league. The lakers had no business pushing the suns to 7 games two years ago (even if they had no amare), but nearly stole the series in game 6.

I think Pop and PJ are gonna make for one hell of a chess match.

remingtonbo2001
02-27-2008, 08:33 AM

That's because Pop has the Simulation Crew.

stretch
02-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Well Dirk played a big part in it too but Avery didn't make any adjustments to help his team win. IMO
right...

It's Dirk's fault that him putting up 29 and 15 lost the final when you had guys like Howard shooting 5-16, or Terry going 7-25.

It's Dirk's fault that his team lost because he is unable to beat double and triple teams every time he touches the ball, just like every other player in the league, and when he would pass it out to guys like Howard and Terry, they would brick every shot, and that everyone on the team except for him was completely incapable of outrebounding a team of midgets.

But when Kobe purposely gives up on his team in an elimination game when his team is completely sucking ass, just to prove that it his the teams fault and not his, its not Kobe. :rolleyes

Fuck that. I'm sick of the stupid double standard that people have for Dirk, and it's just because he's foreign and white. If Dirk was black and american, people would be blaming the team, not Dirk. All you have to do is look at KG. Dude is the epitome of a choker and a poor leader (showing tons of emotion, screaming loudly after dunks and talking shit before games does not qualify a player as a good leader.) how can you be a good leader if you never take a big fucking shot? Dirk has taken and has made a LOT of big shots, game winners, etc... Garnett has almost no resume in that department. Fuck that shit.

monosylab1k
02-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Of course it's always tough to hit 40 before 20 when you have Michael Jordan or Shaq/Kobe on your team.

Extra Stout
02-27-2008, 10:39 AM
40 before 20 isn't exactly an earth-shaking observation. All it says is that championship-caliber teams usually are on pace to win 56 or more games by the two-thirds point of the season.

Heath Ledger
02-27-2008, 10:45 AM
You sure Phil Jackson wasn't reminiscing about 420?

JamStone
02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
I believe teams that win 16 playoff games before they lose 13 playoff games have a great chance at winning an NBA title. In fact, I'd say a 100% chance.

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 11:47 AM
You know, the thing is, my biggest fear from the Lakers isn't Kobe (bowen won't shut him down, but he will make things tougher), or Pau, or Lamar, or the Lakers bench........it's actually Phil Jackson. If there ever was a coach who knew how to exploit any weakness from the opposition, it's PJ.

I think this series will come down to PJ vs. Pop

and sadly, Pop takes an entire game to make an adjustment whereas PJ seems to make them on the fly.

You may very well be correct. Phil is good at making adjustments. He appears to have a team that listens and the Lakers have so many players to make adjustments with, I'm hoping that it will be his finest coaching job yet but Pop is no slouch and it seems like Pop brings out the best in Phil.

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 11:48 AM

Who are you????? :lol

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 11:51 AM
40 before 20 isn't exactly an earth-shaking observation. All it says is that championship-caliber teams usually are on pace to win 56 or more games by the two-thirds point of the season.

No it's not but for Phil Jackson it means a title. His record when he reaches that milestone speaks for itself. He has won a title every time his team has accomplished 40 before 20.

BonnerDynasty
02-27-2008, 11:54 AM
With all that shit-talking Phil has done towards the Spurs ever since 99'...don't expect the Spurs to just bow down to the Flakers.

td4mvp21
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't think anyone thought the Lakers would be the first team to 40 wins in the West this year. Crazy stuff. Didn't they win 42 last year? I thought they would maybe win over 45 if they were lucky.

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 12:22 PM
With all that shit-talking Phil has done towards the Spurs ever since 99'...don't expect the Spurs to just bow down to the Flakers.

I don't think anyone expects that.

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't think anyone thought the Lakers would be the first team to 40 wins in the West this year. Crazy stuff. Didn't they win 42 last year? I thought they would maybe win over 45 if they were lucky.

Yeah but I felt pretty good about this team once they signed Fisher. The lakers biggest weakness was at the point and veteran leadership was sorely missing. The whole attitude of the lakers has changed for the better. They are a close knit unit and I love to see them pulling for each other.

I will say that I never expected this though.

1Parker1
02-27-2008, 12:52 PM
"He's the best player in the league; he really is," O'Neal said of Bryant. "I've been saying that since I was playing with him."

Did Shaq really say that? I somehow doubt that....

LakeShow
02-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Did Shaq really say that? I somehow doubt that....

Yep he said it!

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Fuck that. I'm sick of the stupid double standard that people have for Dirk, and it's just because he's foreign and white. If Dirk was black and american, people would be blaming the team, not Dirk. All you have to do is look at KG. Dude is the epitome of a choker and a poor leader (showing tons of emotion, screaming loudly after dunks and talking shit before games does not qualify a player as a good leader.) how can you be a good leader if you never take a big fucking shot? Dirk has taken and has made a LOT of big shots, game winners, etc... Garnett has almost no resume in that department. Fuck that shit.

Everyone in the West is just really pissed that the Mavs lost to the Heat in the Finals (there was a good bit of collective choking on the Mavs part) - and Dirk is the scapegoat - I think most of us non-Mavs fans were rooting for the Mavs to win and were pretty disappointed when they didn't.

In game 3 of the finals, how the f**k did Dallas blow a 13 point lead with 6 1/2 minutes to play that would have put them up 3-0 in the series?

Dirks #s in the last 6 1/2 minutes of that game:

1 turnover
3 fouls
0-1 shooting
3-4 free throws (including missing the one that would have tied the game with 3 seconds left)
No matter what way you look at it, that is one of the most monumental chokes in NBA Finals history - that's why people are pissed at Dirk.

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 01:04 PM
P.S. From the 6 1/2 minute mark in game 3 through the rest of the series, Dirk shot 20-56 (35.7%) - you can rationalize this any way you want, but that is just a poor performance.

monosylab1k
02-27-2008, 01:07 PM
P.S. From the 6 1/2 minute mark in game 3 through the rest of the series, Dirk shot 20-56 (35.7%) - you can rationalize this any way you want, but that is just a poor performance.
How did Magic perform in the 91 Finals? Poor enough to lose in 5!

ApolloCreed
02-27-2008, 01:10 PM

What a dumbass. How does that fact that Magic lost to the Bulls in 91 mitigate Dirk's choke job?

ApolloCreed
02-27-2008, 01:14 PM
I can't believe people are actually comparing Dirks choke job to anyone else.

None of these performances metioned (Magic in 91, Bryant in 04) come close to the collosal nose dive Dirk took in 2006.

ApolloCreed
02-27-2008, 01:14 PM
The only thing that comes close is Dirk's perfomance in 2007.

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 01:15 PM
The Bulls beat up the Lakers pretty good in 1991 - but Magic already had 5 championship rings (and 8 finals appearances) before those finals. Please don't try to compare Dirk to Magic until Dirk has at least 2 or 3 championship rings.

monosylab1k
02-27-2008, 01:16 PM
The Bulls beat up the Lakers pretty good in 1991 - but Magic already had 5 championship rings (and 8 finals appearances) before those finals. Please don't try to compare Dirk to Magic until Dirk has at least 2 or 3 championship rings.
I don't care about Dirk. I care about the fact that the Bulls own the Lakers!

stretch
02-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Everyone in the West is just really pissed that the Mavs lost to the Heat in the Finals (there was a good bit of collective choking on the Mavs part) - and Dirk is the scapegoat - I think most of us non-Mavs fans were rooting for the Mavs to win and were pretty disappointed when they didn't.

In game 3 of the finals, how the f**k did Dallas blow a 13 point lead with 6 1/2 minutes to play that would have put them up 3-0 in the series?

Dirks #s in the last 6 1/2 minutes of that game:

1 turnover
3 fouls
0-1 shooting
3-4 free throws (including missing the one that would have tied the game with 3 seconds left)
No matter what way you look at it, that is one of the most monumental chokes in NBA Finals history - that's why people are pissed at Dirk.
That was one game. There were plenty of amazing games and huge plays that Dirk had in that series, especially in the final two games. He carried his team in both of those games, only to have stupid plays, and Wade punch him in the stomach to get FT's to send it to OT.

I don't like to complain about the officiating in that series, but that one call right there stole the fucking game away. I don't know how the fuck you can punch your defender in the stomach and go to the free throw line. If that is the case, why dont we see more fights and black eyes, since punching gets you FTs? That is the absolute worst and most influential foul call in NBA history.

stretch
02-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Yep he said it!
You seem to like to put a lot of stock in what Shaq says. Remember that he also said that Dirk Nowtizki is the second best player in the league.

DazedAndConfused
02-27-2008, 01:28 PM
At the end of the day results are the only thing that matters. Kobe has 3 rings, Magic has 5, Dirk has 0. Until he finally wins one he will forever be known in sports as a choker, much like Peyton Manning was before he finally won a superbowl. Is it fair? No, but that's just how it goes with sports.

monosylab1k
02-27-2008, 01:34 PM
At the end of the day results are the only thing that matters. Kobe has 3 rings, Magic has 5, Dirk has 0.
And Jordan has six :elephant

DazedAndConfused
02-27-2008, 01:37 PM

And? How does that change the fact that Dirk has 0 and is widely considered a choker by sports fans and analysts around the world?

monosylab1k
02-27-2008, 01:40 PM
And? How does that change the fact that Dirk has 0 and is widely considered a choker by sports fans and analysts around the world?
:ban:

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 01:56 PM
That was one game. There were plenty of amazing games and huge plays that Dirk had in that series, especially in the final two games. He carried his team in both of those games, only to have stupid plays, and Wade punch him in the stomach to get FT's to send it to OT.

I don't like to complain about the officiating in that series, but that one call right there stole the fucking game away. I don't know how the fuck you can punch your defender in the stomach and go to the free throw line. If that is the case, why dont we see more fights and black eyes, since punching gets you FTs? That is the absolute worst and most influential foul call in NBA history.

I guess you didnt see my next post right after that one:

"P.S. From the 6 1/2 minute mark in game 3 through the rest of the series, Dirk shot 20-56 (35.7%) - you can rationalize this any way you want, but that is just a poor performance."

He might have had a number of huge plays in the next games, but 35.7% is 35.7% - you can blame the refs, etc. but team leaders/champions don't need excuses - that's why they are champions - they perform well under any conditions - chokers need excuses.

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 01:59 PM

and Jordan (and Magic) retired a long time ago - stop living in the past and get ready to watch the playoffs with some good teams (the Bulls might not even make the playoffs)

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 02:56 PM
And Kobe shot 19-59 in the last 3 games against the Pistons in 2004 that is a whopping 32%. What is the point? Dirk still was the only one that showed up that entire series so get off his case!

P.S. name another player that Dirk had on Dallas that was equivolent to Kobe having Shaq?

The point is that Kobe has 3 rings, Dirk has none. Kobe always played better in the road games than Shaq in the playoffs - Shaq in 2002 was already starting to get fat & lazy (he was in great shape in '01 & '00), and Kobe carried the Lakers through the finals. The other Laker players were pretty marginal most of the time, except were always a better defensive team (whole team, not just Shaq & Kobe) than Dallas.

Dirk had 43% shooting % for the whole series - I guess this is showing up (barely) but he took so many stupid shots the name "choker" is appropriate.

Jason Terry shot 48% for the series, so I guess at least someone else showed up (and out shot Dirk - you better check for myopia).

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 02:58 PM
he is being facetious!

I know - just smackin' back

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 03:00 PM
I know - just smackin' back

P.S. Aren't these boards mostly just smack anyway - about 10% serious discussion /analysis and 90% "rah rah for my team"

stretch
02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Dirk had 43% shooting % for the whole series - I guess this is showing up (barely) but he took so many stupid shots the name "choker" is appropriate.

Jason Terry shot 48% for the series, so I guess at least someone else showed up (and out shot Dirk - you better check for myopia).
You obviously don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Shut the fuck up already.

DazedAndConfused
02-27-2008, 03:33 PM
You obviously don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Shut the fuck up already.

Wow you really showed him.

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 03:38 PM

If you really don't think I know what I am talking about - back up your statement with #s.

Your just a whining loser that has wet dreams about Dallas greatness - go spank your monkey and get it out of your system.

I present stats, you use the f word.

ElNono
02-27-2008, 03:48 PM

Hi Jeff.

stretch
02-27-2008, 03:50 PM
If you really don't think I know what I am talking about - back up your statement with #s.

For starters, how the hell is 7-25 and 2-11 on 3's in game 6 outshooting Dirk, who scored 29 points on 10-22 shooting, was 8-8 at the line, 1-2 on 3's, and then also had 2 blocks and 15 rebounds? Dirk played his ass of in that game especially, only to have Terry and Howard totally suck balls, and throw a perfect pass for a wide open dunk to Dampier with very little time left on the clock, only to have him fumble it out of bounds. Nothing Dirk can do about that stuff. Dirk can't do anything if he hits a game winning shot in game 5, as well as making a number of other HUGE plays down the stretch in that game, only to have the refs bail out Wade by whisting Dirk for being in the way of Dwayne Wade's punch.

Your just a whining loser that has wet dreams about Dallas greatness - go spank your monkey and get it out of your system.

Wow, what a comeback, only to follow it up with this hypocritical statement...

I present stats, you use the f word.

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

stretch
02-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey Jeff.

z0sa
02-27-2008, 03:53 PM

typical mavs fan response.

both losses should be shovelled equally on avery's and dirk's head.

but dirk's out there playing. Great players get their teams past the first round regardless of the coach.

stretch
02-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Great players get their teams past the first round regardless of the coach.
Wrong. Great players that have another great player at their side gets their teams past the first round regardless of the coach. It's a bit hard to do when you are the only star.

DazedAndConfused
02-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Wrong. Great players that have another great player at their side gets their teams past the first round regardless of the coach. It's a bit hard to do when you are the only star.

Now that is a "stretch". You don't win 67 fucking games in a regular season with a garbage team. Dallas choked, plain and simple.

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 04:01 PM
For starters, how the hell is 7-25 and 2-11 on 3's in game 6 outshooting Dirk, who scored 29 points on 10-22 shooting, was 8-8 at the line, 1-2 on 3's, and then also had 2 blocks and 15 rebounds? Dirk played his ass of in that game especially, only to have Terry and Howard totally suck balls, and throw a perfect pass for a wide open dunk to Dampier with very little time left on the clock, only to have him fumble it out of bounds. Nothing Dirk can do about that stuff. Dirk can't do anything if he hits a game winning shot in game 5, as well as making a number of other HUGE plays down the stretch in that game, only to have the refs bail out Wade by whisting Dirk for being in the way of Dwayne Wade's punch.

Wow, what a comeback, only to follow it up with this hypocritical statement...

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

That is one game - Dallas had almost lost the series by that time.

Actually, Dallas (and Dirk) lost the series in game 3

Remember - Dirks "astronomical" #s in the last 6 1/2 minutes of game 3 (when they had a 13 point lead, and would have gone up 3-0):

1 turnover
3 fouls
0-1 shooting
No matter what way you look at it, that is the most monumental choke in NBA Finals history.

I was rooting for Dallas all the way - they (and Dirk) just fucking choked (now I'm using the f word :) )

stretch
02-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Now that is a "stretch". You don't win 67 fucking games in a regular season with a garbage team. Dallas choked, plain and simple.
I never said they were a garbage team. I just said that the Mavs don't have another legitimate star, and its hard to win in the playoffs without another star.

stretch
02-27-2008, 04:11 PM
That is one game

Lol, you said that, then you proceed to say this...

Actually, Dallas (and Dirk) lost the series in game 3... blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit...

Uhm, all of that was ONE game you fucking moron.

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Lol, you said that, then you proceed to say this...

Uhm, all of that was ONE game you fucking moron.

In the previous posts, you were quoting shooting statistics from one game (game 6, when Dallas was already down 3-2), when I was quoting shooting statics from the whole series (Terry 48% vs Dirk 43%).

So if you want to look at just one game, you better look at the pivotal game (game 3 - the one game they lost the series.).

Since you are still pissed off, you must have not spanked your monkey yet to get it out of your system. Go choke your chicken and calm down - your team is never going to win a championship - if you live in Texas, why don't you root for a team that is a champion (the Spurs) instead of a team that chokes (the Mavs).

Findog
02-27-2008, 04:29 PM
typical mavs fan response.

both losses should be shovelled equally on avery's and dirk's head.

but dirk's out there playing. Great players get their teams past the first round regardless of the coach.

Did I say anything about excusing Dirk from the blame? That post did not contain what you think it did. Are you denying Avery was outcoached in those series?

Lakafan23
02-27-2008, 04:35 PM

That statement is very wrong IMO Phil is great at in-game adjustments and so is Pop

Lakafan23
02-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Stop The Mindless Violence

The Past Is The Past Lets Focus On This Year And How Great Of A Year Its Been.

DazedAndConfused
02-27-2008, 04:45 PM
That statement is very wrong IMO Phil is great at in-game adjustments and so is Pop

Not in the regular season. How many games have we lost because he left in subpar lineups for far too long blowing away double digit leads and refusing to call timeouts?

stretch
02-27-2008, 04:52 PM
In the previous posts, you were quoting shooting statistics from one game (game 6, when Dallas was already down 3-2), when I was quoting shooting statics from the whole series (Terry 48% vs Dirk 43%).

Actually, if you truly read my post, I also talked about game 5. But you obviously didn't read it, did you?

Wanna go more into detail? A lot of Terry's stats came from a couple monster games he had, but when they needed shots from him the most, he did not deliver, especially in game 6. Even though Dirk had a couple games where he didn't shoot well, he still would drive and get to the line and get his points that way, which is what true stars do.

So if you want to look at just one game, you better look at the pivotal game (game 3 - the one game they lost the series.)

Actually they lost the series in game 6. They still had another 3 games to play after game 3, so it is actually impossible to lose the series in game 3 no matter what the circumstances are.

Since you are still pissed off, you must have not spanked your monkey yet to get it out of your system. Go choke your chicken and calm down - your team is never going to win a championship - if you live in Texas, why don't you root for a team that is a champion (the Spurs) instead of a team that chokes (the Mavs).

Weak sauce.

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Actually they lost the series in game 6. They still had another 3 games to play after game 3, so it is actually impossible to lose the series in game 3 no matter what the circumstances are.

If they would have won game 3, they would have won the series - but you are technically correct, so lets look at Dirk's 4th quarter offense in game 6:

Shooting: 0-4 from the floor - 2 points total (free throws).

There is a reason that Dirk is labeled a choker (I didn't make it up):
Dirk's 2006 finals shooting stats in the last 4 games:
1. Game 3 - last 6 1/2 minutes 4th quarter meltdown (wen Dallas was up by 13) - 0-1 shooting in last 6 1/2 minutes.
2. Game 4 - 4th quarter - 0-1 shooting
3. Game 5 - Overtime - 1-3 shooting
2. Game 6 - 4th quarter - 0-4 shooting

So I guess Dirk "deer in the headlights" Nowitzki "showed up" in the finals, just not offensively in the end of the last 4 games - this is the worst "crunch time" performance of any "star" in NBA history - choke, choke, choke

Amarelooms
02-27-2008, 06:44 PM
If they would have won game 3, they would have won the series - but you are technically correct, so lets look at Dirk's 4th quarter offense in game 6:

1. Game 3 - last 6 1/2 minutes 4th quarter meltdown (wen Dallas was up by 13) - 0-1 shooting in last 6 1/2 minutes.

So I guess Dirk "deer in the headlights" Nowitzki "showed up" in the finals, just not offensively in the end of the last 4 games - this is the worst "crunch time" performance of any "star" in NBA history - choke, choke, choke

You are a moron....bet you never played basketball before. Dirk is not a super athelete like other stars....he does everything that expected. If you watched the finals you'd know that the Heat were not gonna let him beat them.....sometimes shots dont fall big shit.

He's far from a choker....he's made plenty of big shots but douche bags such as yourself over-look it. Only one choking is you when you suck off Kobe :elephant

gmartin02
02-27-2008, 07:40 PM
You are a moron....bet you never played basketball before. Dirk is not a super athelete like other stars....he does everything that expected. If you watched the finals you'd know that the Heat were not gonna let him beat them.....sometimes shots dont fall big shit.

He's far from a choker....he's made plenty of big shots but douche bags such as yourself over-look it. Only one choking is you when you suck off Kobe :elephant

lol - Big shots in playoff games are the end of game shots (4th quarter or overtime).

In my "tell all" stats above, Dirk was a combined 1-9.

Since when is 1-9 "some of the time"? - thats almost all of the time (when it counted the most). Is that what is expected?

Unfortunately I did watch the finals (rooting for the Mavs) - too bad the Mavs and Dirk didn't have the "not gonna let them beat beat us" attitude like Miami did (especially at the end of games). I watched Dirk make shots earlier in the games, and disappear offensively at the end of the games.

I really like Dirk as a player - he just choked - why do you guys keep defending this guys performance in the 2006 finals? The losses and the end of game performances speak for themselves.

P.S. I have played basketball, and shooting j's when being guarded is really difficult (that's why I played point guard - I was always better at passing and defending than shooting.)

P.P.S - I have to get back to making another bag of money today (I am a database analyst) so no more posts from me (you'll have to throw insults at someone else).

stretch
02-28-2008, 12:04 AM

The fact that you even listed Game 4 shows what a fuckin idiot you are, when that game was never close to begin with. Also, winning game 3 would not have won the series. Winning 4 games does. All you have to do is look at the Boston Red Sox. Oh, and you had two #2's in your shitty ass list.

In game 5, he had all kinds of huge plays at the end of the 4th, only to have it stolen away with the most bullshit call in NBA history.

In game six, he didn't shoot well. Not denying that, but he found other ways to contribute, such as rebounding, and drawing the double/triple teams and passing out. Don't forget that terrible turnover that Damp had when Dirk found him for a wide open dunk.

I can understand why people may say that Dirk is a choker, but thats only for people that don't look deeper into the whole picture. How many superstars EVER have won a championship without a legit superstar or a couple all-stars playing alongside them?

MJ/Pippen
Shaq/Kobe
Duncan/Robinson/Manu and Parker
Bird/McHale/Parish
Magic/Kareem/Worth

The list goes on...

Dirk never had another star to help take heat off of him, so teams were able to double and triple team him more consistently. No NBA player ever (not even Jordan) could win an entire playoff series when being doubled and tripled every fucking play.

stretch
02-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Unfortunately I did watch the finals (rooting for the Mavs) - too bad the Mavs and Dirk didn't have the "not gonna let them beat beat us" attitude like Miami did (especially at the end of games). I watched Dirk make shots earlier in the games, and disappear offensively at the end of the games.

If you were truly watching the finals and truly rooting for the Mavs, you would have realized and admitted that there was some fishy ass shit going on with Miami and the zebras as well...

honestfool84_
TIm duncan is better than Dirk

-David

honestfool84_
Tim Duncan is greater than MJ

-David

stretch
02-28-2008, 12:07 AM
god almighty, does that stupid fat fuck already have a troll for him as well? or did he already get banned for stupidity and have to return with a new name?

honestfool84_
02-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Stop picking on my little boy....Hes not fat he has large bones

-Davids mom

stretch
02-28-2008, 12:10 AM
:lol

ElNono
02-28-2008, 12:15 AM
MJ/Pippen
Shaq/Kobe
Duncan/Robinson/Manu and Parker
Bird/McHale/Parish
Magic/Kareem/Worth

Wade/Shaq

stretch
02-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Wade/Shaq
Wilt/West

Isaiah/Dumars/Aguirre

Erving/Malone/Toney

Robertson/Kareem

Olajuwon/Drexler/Jordan Retiring

Bill Russell/luxury of playing against 8 teams of midgets

johngateswhiteley
02-28-2008, 09:41 AM
I believe teams that win 16 playoff games before they lose 13 playoff games have a great chance at winning an NBA title. In fact, I'd say a 100% chance.

...this thread is idiotic.

stretch
02-28-2008, 09:52 AM

i didn't notice this until JGW quoted it.

LakeShow
02-28-2008, 11:35 AM
...this thread is idiotic.

Only to simple people such as yourself that can not distingish Fact from Fiction! That quote was lame and had no bearing on the discussion at hand! So bring something or STFU!

stretch
02-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Only to simple people such as yourself that can not distingish Fact from Fictions! That quote was lame and had no bearing on the discussion at hand!
So bring something or STFU!
got damn... lol

monosylab1k
02-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Fact from Fictions!
fictions...

johngateswhiteley
02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Only to simple people such as yourself that can not distingish Fact from Fiction! That quote was lame and had no bearing on the discussion at hand! So bring something or STFU!

...i love it when people make assumptions and then get irritated by them. you're acting like an idiot, so this thread fits you nicely.

the origination of this thread is fucking stupid, is that better? there's my 2 cents.

21_Blessings
02-29-2008, 08:28 AM

Oh course you don't. You're in denial.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Oh course you don't. You're in denial.

see you in april

LakeShow
02-29-2008, 12:03 PM
...i love it when people make assumptions and then get irritated by them. you're acting like an idiot, so this thread fits you nicely.

the origination of this thread is fucking stupid, is that better? there's my 2 cents.

What are you, Stupid, Simple or Slow? You don't have to make assumptions on "this thread is idiotic", it's self explanatory, Bitch! Why you found it necessary to post on a thread that you consider idiotic amazes me. Hit the stroll button and move on next time. Just because you're "Special" doesn't mean you have to post in threads you believe to be Idiotic.

If you perceive an article taken from the LA Times idiotic as a topic, get your bitch ass to work. You can say that about 99% of all threads on this fucking forum.

As for your 2 cents? Fuck You very much and have a great day!

LakeShow
02-29-2008, 12:20 PM
why do you write like you think your tough or something? "Bitch" "of all the threads on this fucking forum? "Fuck you" relax this is the internet buddy.

I write like I write. An insult is an insult, Idiot, bitch, dumbass, stupid, its all the same. Why sugarcoat insults. I use none of those terms when speaking to those who use none of those terms.

johngateswhiteley
02-29-2008, 08:47 PM
What are you, Stupid, Simple or Slow? You don't have to make assumptions on "this thread is idiotic", it's self explanatory, Bitch! Why you found it necessary to post on a thread that you consider idiotic amazes me. Hit the stroll button and move on next time. Just because you're "Special" doesn't mean you have to post in threads you believe to be Idiotic.

If you perceive an article taken from the LA Times idiotic as a topic, get your bitch ass to work. You can say that about 99% of all threads on this fucking forum.

As for your 2 cents? Fuck You very much and have a great day!

really? ...i clicked on this thread b/c i thought it might be insightful, it wasn't. now you can go on pretending you know anything about me, but that doesn't change the nature of this thread. the thread is worthless and your current behavior is fitting...after all, you did post it.

LakeShow
02-29-2008, 08:49 PM
really? ...i clicked on this thread b/c i thought it might be insightful, it wasn't. now you can go on pretending you know anything about me, but that doesn't change the nature of this thread. the thread is worthless and your current behavior is fitting...after all, you did post it.

Ok, but WGAF what you think? I certainly don't.

johngateswhiteley
03-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Ok, but WGAF what you think? I certainly don't.

...these 2 sentences don't make any sense, if you think about it.