PDA

View Full Version : Why the Spurs are still the favorites....

xtremesteven33
02-22-2008, 12:24 PM
In the midst of all the trades and all the media darlings being promoted heavily(Boston,LA,Phoenix). Everyones is saying that LA and Boston are the HEAVY favorites to meet in the NBA Finals. While this Finals matchup would be very fun and entertaining to watch we Spurs fans know that San Antonio does not get half the respect and benefit of the doubt that we SOOO deserve. Here are my main reason why the San Antonio Spurs are the FAVORITES out of the West to be in the NBA Finals once again.......

- Experience- There is no team in the ENTIRE NBA that has the amount of experience and intestinal fortitude that the Spurs have. The Spurs have been in seemingly every kind of playoff situation in the past 7-8 years. They've swept teams, They've been swept, They've won game 7's, They've lost game 7's.They've been favorites in playoff series (with all the pressure) and won, Theyve been underdogs in playoff series and won(vs LAKERS in 03'). You get the picture.....No one even comes close.....

-TALENT- I know experience doesnt always win championships, so that initself will get the Spurs far but they also have an aray of talent. Everyone refers to them as the Old wise men of the NBA. How many times for the past 3 years have we heard "The Spurs are finally showing their age" and yet they still out run, out play, and out think thier opponents. Do the Spurs have old players? Well yea if you consider and average of 32 years of age old. To me thats prime. Thats at the peek of your career. Thats when your talent and experience are at its perfect combination. No one has better post moves and defends the paint better than Tim Duncan. No one has the slashing and driving style of Tony Parker. And no one, And i mean NO ONE.....comes close to the style of play and competitiveness that Manu Ginobili brings to every game.

-Role Players- You know some guys are just built for the Playoffs. Some players including All-Star players have great Regular Season stats and play but come playoff time they come up short..... (Nowitzki,Garnett,Gasol,Odom,Mcgrady)
When you have Role players who come ALIVE when its crunch time, that defineletly puts your team on Championship level. Robert FREAKIN Horry!!
Some people say hes slowed down, his age has finally got the best of him. But I GUARANTEE yall this...come playoff time, hell want his 8th ring more than his previous ones. And im promising everyone here well see another Horry moment. (whether its nailing a 3 at the close, or its hip checking nash to get everyone ejected) hell have an impact.

Dont lose hope Spurs fans. Dont be intimidated by the Lakers or Celtics.
WISH I COULD WRITE MORE BUT GOTTA GET BACK TO WORK....

CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE FOR LEGENDS

m33p0
02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
TITS with SPAM!