PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to edit videos?

Thunder Dan
02-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Alright, I have no idea how to do this, but I know it can be done. Can someone tell me the software I need (if there is any freeware that would be best) to do this.

I have a very large divx .avi file (live concert) and I want to put it on my ipod. I know how to convert the .avi file to the format Ipod reads, but how can I cut sections of the dvd. For example, say I just want 3 songs of the concert, how can I just edit it and create just those 3 videos? I think I saw something where you can just tell the software to copy from 22min to 26min and it will do it.

Does anyone know what I'm even talking about this sounds kind of mumble jumble

E20
02-22-2008, 03:37 PM
If you have XP it comes with Windows Movie Maker. Or you could try the trial version(really good) of Ulead Video Editor, can get it off download.com

Thunder Dan
02-22-2008, 03:56 PM
If you have XP it comes with Windows Movie Maker. Or you could try the trial version(really good) of Ulead Video Editor, can get it off download.com

thanks! i'' check it out

Viva Las Espuelas
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
yes

mexicanjunior
02-22-2008, 06:02 PM
I've made AMV's and used Adobe Premiere 6.5. You can problem find a copy on various torrents or, as someone mentioned, just use Windows Movie Maker on XP. Here is some of my work btw...

http://au.youtube.com/user/mexicanjunior

or higher quality Xvid versions...

http://www.randomdestination.com/members/mj/

baseline bum
02-22-2008, 07:06 PM
You can rip the chapters you want with DVD Decrypter, and then if there's still any crap to get rid of, it can be sliced off with VirtualDubMod. Both programs are freeware.

J.T.
02-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Thunder Dan, if you want to send me the file I can do it for you, or just link me to where you downloaded it. It would only take a matter of seconds.

King
02-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Depending on its codec setting, you can open it in Quicktime, and use the 'trim to selection' tool in the edit menu.