PDA

View Full Version : Beno or Parker. Who do you keep

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Since the Spurs will be facing this dilema in the near future, lets try this out and see where it goes. Gun to your head. You have to pick one now. Who do you take and why?

I take Beno because he shows better court vision and is the better shooter. PG's who shoot well bring defenders to the perimiter which would give Duncan more one-on-one opportunities. Better defense will come with more practice and he rarely turns the ball over to the other team.

Discuss.

exstatic
01-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Bury the hate.

Mr. Body
01-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Here's an idea: Keep BOTH.

In a couple years, THEN see what happens.

pjjrfan
01-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Ugh, I'll wait till 3 years for now when we have to cross that bridge, right now, I'm just going to enjoy having both of them on our team.

timvp
01-07-2005, 10:33 PM
IceColdBrewski hating on Parker? What a novel idea.

:shootme

violentkitten
01-07-2005, 10:33 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc13.jpg

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 10:40 PM
IceColdBrewski hating on Parker? What a novel idea.

:shootme

Hating on Parker? How do ya figure. Just because I'd choose him over Parker? I give Parker his props when he deserves it and I also call him out for bad play when he deserves it. If that makes me a hater then so be it.

If you don't have the guts to answer the question then go ahead and move on to another thread. I think this is worthy of discussion considering that the Spurs will be facing this problem soon. If I didn't think Parker was good, I wouldn't consider it a problem.

violentkitten
01-07-2005, 10:44 PM
beno is the new pup on the block, a draft surprise with a little flash so pedestrian fans will start to latch onto him. yet he does not rise to parker's level. it seems that beno's craftiness has suckered someone into thinking that translates into him being a superior player.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 10:48 PM
beno is the new pup on the block, a draft surprise with a little flash so pedestrian fans will start to latch onto him. yet he does not rise to parker's level. it seems that beno's craftiness has suckered someone into thinking that translates into him being a superior player.

I never said he was the superior player. It's people like you putting words in my mouth that make people think that I hate Parker. Parker is the superior player right now. But 2 seasons from now....

SequSpur
01-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Beno sucks.

violentkitten
01-07-2005, 10:51 PM
people like me? who the fuck are you, ross perot?

look, you posted a dumb take and you are rightly getting clowned for it. parkers game will continue to improve no matter how many toby keith albums you listen to and how many freedom fries you eat dumb fuck

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Beno sucks.

Even though I disagree, at least you're man enough to give us your opinion.

timvp
01-07-2005, 10:55 PM
The day IceColdBrewski starts a non Tony Parker related thread is the day after hell freezes over.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 11:01 PM
people like me? who the fuck are you, ross perot?

look, you posted a dumb take and you are rightly getting clowned for it. parkers game will continue to improve no matter how many toby keith albums you listen to and how many freedom fries you eat dumb fuck

Whatever you say sweetheart. Your opinion of my take means absolutely squat. Try to keep your emotions in check next time. If you can't handlel my takes, Don't read em.

p.s. between the two of us. You're the only one who knows who the hell Toby Keith is. I've listened to nothing but classic rock and sports radio since the 80's.

violentkitten
01-07-2005, 11:05 PM
you must drive a kick ass IROC and have a quality mullet to go along with that

youre right, i cant stand stupid fucking takes of unknowledgeable individuals like yourself

ALVAREZ6
01-07-2005, 11:06 PM
What's the point of these retarded threads Brewski????

Honostly dude, we need both of them, how bout we keep em both each for at least 8 years?

I don't see why not?

They're both young, and they both are showing their potential, in a few years they will be so damn good.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 11:08 PM
What's the point of these retarded threads Brewski????

Honostly dude, we need both of them, how bout we keep em both each for at least 8 years?

I don't see why not?

They're both young, and they both are showing their potential, in a few years they will be so damn good.

Do you really think we'll be able to keep both? C'mon now.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 11:10 PM
you must drive a kick ass IROC and have a quality mullet to go along with that

youre right, i cant stand stupid fucking takes of unknowledgeable individuals like yourself

You're a funny one. I'll give you that much. But like I said before, you don't have to read my takes. I think it's a very interesting subject since we have two good PG's. One of them is gonna have to go.

ALVAREZ6
01-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Do you really think we'll be able to keep both? C'mon now.

Umm, I don't see why not.

violentkitten
01-07-2005, 11:13 PM
the spurs have one very good point guard and one average one. too bad for you the average one is who you are trying to pimp

ALVAREZ6
01-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Don't tell me that Beno has a huge ass contract... we can afford them, and maybe they won't care about money.

Maybe championships might be more important to them.

ALVAREZ6
01-07-2005, 11:14 PM
the spurs have one very good point guard and one average one. too bad for you the average one is who you are trying to pimp

The average one is only a rookie.

keep that in mind.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 11:18 PM
The average one is only a rookie.

keep that in mind.

Good point. But I'd have to disagree with just "average". He hasn't commited a turnover for a while now and he's 3rd ( if memory serves me correctly) in 3 pt fg %. That's a little bit better than "average".

violentkitten
01-07-2005, 11:23 PM
uh he's an avg nba point guard

timvp
01-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Beno is locked up for four years.

Go start your 2007 taxes.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Beno is locked up for four years.

I wish I could live in you sugar coated world. Do you really think Beno's agent is going to let his client sit happily on the bench for that long? Aint gonna happen.

Spursman
01-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I see no sense in picking one or the other right now. You have both of them for what, the next 4 or 5 years? Just enjoy it while you can.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 11:39 PM
I see no sense in picking one or the other right now. You have both of them for what, the next 4 or 5 years? Just enjoy it while you can.

That would be nice if it were true. But if Beno continues his progression, there's no way he'll stick around that long if it means playing behind Parker.

Rick Von Braun
01-07-2005, 11:40 PM
I wish I could live in you sugar coated world. Do you really think Beno's agent is going to let his client sit happily on the bench for that long? Aint gonna happen.Well... he is under contract, so what is the agent going to do?

ALVAREZ6
01-07-2005, 11:41 PM
As long as we win a championship this season, then who cares, we did it , period.

When its time to decide, we will see who is better, and who is probably going to have a better future.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Well... he is under contract, so what is the agent going to do?

Um...demanding a trade comes to mind.

Rick Von Braun
01-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Um...demanding a trade comes to mind.He (or his agent) can demand whatever he wants, the Spurs are not forced to trade him when he is under contract. If he doesn't like it and starts being a cancer, Pop will put him in his doghouse. Wilkis will start chewing his minutes.

It is in his best interest to get as many minutes as possible on the floor to increase his value. Once he is a FA, he can leave if he so desires (4 years from now).

BTW, I don't think Beno will do anything like that. I am simply pointing out that his agent can't do shit about it.

IceColdBrewski
01-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Fine. Let's say he sticks it out for the entire 4 years despite improvement. You guys are still missing the point of the thread. You have to pick one or the other NOW based on what you've seen from both of them.

I don't know what is so hard about these kind of threads on this forum. They pop up in Message boards all over the net but people on this forum treat them like the plague. It's not like picking one over the other is going to make you any less of a fan. Just give us a pick. The debate that follows is sure to be better than talking about Karl Malone for the 100th time.

Rick Von Braun
01-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Chill out dude... I'll play with you.

I would pick TP now, no doubt. I reserve the right to change my mind in 2 years depending on the progression of each player.

IceColdBrewski
01-08-2005, 12:20 AM
I would pick TP now, no doubt.

Fair enough. Any particular reason why?

spursfaninla
01-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Parker can put up points in a way that Beno just can't. Beno is a great jump shooter and a decent slasher, but he is slow. Once teams start to focus the d on him, he is not going to be getting to the rim so easily.

Now, his passing is for real. But it just does not suit our team's needs as much as scoring. If Tony does not assist, we have Barry and Manu, and even Duncan to pass out dimes, but if Tony doesn't score we are hurting.

The reason; he is our 2nd scorer. He was last year, and he is this year. Manu is not going to average 20 over a season. He showed flashes earlier this season, but I think if Manu was going to become a second STAR for our team, he would have continued averaging 20 like he did for a week and a half.

Beno is not going to become our 2nd scorer. Not today, and not in 2 years. He might be a great assist man, but he will only be an average scorer, Avery-like in that regard. Parker is a decent passer but a good scorer, and for the Spurs, that is more valuable.

Moreover, Parker's quickness, which will be with him another 8 YEARS or so, is not replaceable; Beno's offensive contributions tend to come through jump shooting, and Barry, Devon and Manu can shoot for us, among others.

Rick Von Braun
01-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Parker can put up points in a way that Beno just can't. Beno is a great jump shooter and a decent slasher, but he is slow. Once teams start to focus the d on him, he is not going to be getting to the rim so easily.

Now, his passing is for real. But it just does not suit our team's needs as much as scoring. If Tony does not assist, we have Barry and Manu, and even Duncan to pass out dimes, but if Tony doesn't score we are hurting.I disagree. We are hurting when Tony holds to the ball and doesn't score. If he doesn't score but the ball is shared, the Spurs win anyway.

The reason; he is our 2nd scorer. He was last year, and he is this year. Manu is not going to average 20 over a season. He showed flashes earlier this season, but I think if Manu was going to become a second STAR for our team, he would have continued averaging 20 like he did for a week and a half.Oh, so Tony is averaging 20 pts per game? Tony just shoots more, that's all. Tony has almost 100 FGA more than Manu in the season and their ppg are practically the same. Go figure.

Manu is a much more efficient scorer than Tony... his 3pt% is much higher, and he gets to the FT line more often. Give Manu the extra 2.5 shot attempts per game that TP has and he would be averaging 18 pts/game.

Fair enough. Any particular reason why?Playoffs experience.

SequSpur
01-08-2005, 01:38 AM
IMO, this topic is kind of dumb.

Beno is a rookie with a jump shot playing with Tim Duncan.

The only players in history that couldn't get off a shot without defense were Pop's trio of Carter, Heal and Ward.

Beno is better than all of them. Parker would destroy Beno.

Dario
01-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Beno actually destroyed parker couple of times when playing against eachother...

whottt
01-08-2005, 05:06 AM
I'll take Tony Parker right now, for a variety of reasons...

#1.Parker is an awesome starting NBA PG, unguardable by anyone when he is on and being agressive. Also capable of starting for an NBA champion.

#2.Beno hasn't proven he is.

#3.Parker may not be Magic Johnson in the playoffs, but he has as many or more good games as he does bad ones...and he's only 22. I haven't got a clue how Beno will handle the playoffs.

#4.Nor has Beno proven he can hold up physically or mentally over the brutal 82 game schedule.

In short...Tony Parker is a proven NBA starting PG, while Beno isn't, actually Beno isn't even a proven back up PG yet(although he is proving it as we speak, and proving it well).

Elo
01-08-2005, 05:21 AM
^^^ What he said.

Beno actually destroyed parker couple of times when playing against eachother...
You guys have been saying that quite a few times. When did that happen? I don't recall any such thing.

whottt
01-08-2005, 05:27 AM
Brewski, I think you do Beno a disservice when you say he won't be willing to be a back up...You kind of gloss him as a malcontent when you say that, and frankly I think you are talking out of your butt and have nothing to back that up... The Euro guys do not typically have the ego problems that burden a lot of American players, most of them buy into the team concept 100%.

Players finish out their rookie contracts as backups all the time...besides, who says he'll stay a back up? For all you know he or Parker could wind up as starting guards like Deke and Dumars.

Parker and Beno are friends in case you didn't know it...Parker lobbied for the Spurs to draft Beno.

Frenchise player
01-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Even if Beno did destroy Parker (what I don't remember), that was before he got drafted by the Spurs, and he has improved a lot since then playng in the NBA.
Parker seems to be faster and better defender than Beno so he must beat him on one on one

boutons
01-08-2005, 09:34 AM
The only way Beno stays (a happy Spur) for 4 years is if he starts, period. He's starting his rookie contract at 22, not at 18 as Tony did, which is a huge difference. Start as a Spur, or elsewhere, he will start, and get paid appropriately, inside those 4 years.

The Spurs will have to offer him a starter's contract well before those 4 years are up, because other teams will be waving $M's in his face. He won't be a happy player imprisoned in a rookie peanuts contract at age 24 or 25.

T Park
02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Bump.

Very flattering thread for Parker no question Icecoldbrewski.

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Bump.

Very flattering thread for Parker no question Icecoldbrewski.

If I didn't think Parker was good, I wouldn't consider it a problem.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Keep em both.

TP can not play more than 32-35 mins, so we will always need a good backup PG.

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Since the Spurs will be facing this dilema in the near future, lets try this out and see where it goes. Gun to your head. You have to pick one now. Who do you take and why?

I take Beno because he shows better court vision and is the better shooter. PG's who shoot well bring defenders to the perimiter which would give Duncan more one-on-one opportunities. Better defense will come with more practice and he rarely turns the ball over to the other team.

Discuss.I'll wait until the time comes to make that decision. anyone who would make that decision now is a hater or a fool. Icecold has proven to be both in countless topics.

As for saying his agent can demand a trade, if you really believe that you truly are a fool. Spurs have his rights for next 3 years after this one. I doubt Beno wants a reputation as a malcontent. He is not some premadonna AMERICAN player. If you believe this icecold them once again you're proving that you're just a fool. icecold is the perfect name as your opinions are ICECOLD

By the way all my friends up here in New England extend a big THANK YOU to the choker eagle coaches and players.

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Also Beno can play the 2 with Parker, and Manu or Barry in the game at the 3.

SequSpur
02-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Beno was in the game for a few minutes in the fourth and basically roamed around the 3 line unguarded. Reminded me of the days when we had Anthony Carter.

WTF is wrong? White boys shoot it when open. Doesn't he know that?

Kori Ellis
02-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Umm.. he has an injured hand.

SequSpur
02-09-2005, 10:48 PM
So, why doesn't he put a bandaid on it and go on the ir? Wilks can shoot it.

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Umm.. he has an injured hand.

Did you see him undress the defense in that drive in the lane tonight?

That was with an injured hand????

That boy is special...he and Manu are the most exciting Spurs players to watch since Ice was playing.

Kori Ellis
02-09-2005, 10:52 PM
He supposedly has a badly sprained index finger.

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 10:53 PM
He supposedly has a badly sprained index finger.

Well, if he can do that witha sprained finger, then he is even better than I originally thought.

The guy had the best ball handling skills that I have seen in a long time.

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 10:53 PM
So, why doesn't he put a bandaid on it and go on the ir? Wilks can shoot it.once again proving your wisdom? Beno is shooting .403 from 3 pt while Wilks is shooting .250 from 3pt land. I guess Sequ always routes for the small guy.

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 10:55 PM
once again proving your wisdom? Beno is shooting .403 from 3 pt while Wilks is shooting .250 from 3pt land. I guess Sequ always routes for the small guy.

Sequ speaks before he thinks.....we have come to accept it....just go with it.

:)

SPARKY
02-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Beno or Parker. Who do you keep

Both. And I drop IceColdBlewski.

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Both. And I drop IceColdBlewski.

:spin

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 11:17 PM
icecold and eagles the same, both are confused when it comes to winning

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 11:17 PM
icecold and eagles the same, both are confused when it comes to winning. dont know what it takes to win it all

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 11:18 PM
icecold and eagles the same, both are confused when it comes to winning. dont know what it takes to win it all

Sorry. I've seen some funny ones but yours doesn't qualify.

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Sorry. I've seen some funny ones but yours doesn't qualify.I just doesnt matter what the FUCK you think

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 11:21 PM
I just doesnt matter what the FUCK you think

So why waste your time. :angel

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 11:35 PM
So why waste your time. :angelcause I'm buzzed in New England and enjoy pointing out fools when they make themselves known. Dam its nice to have a job where they pay you to go on the road and get buzzed. Too bad I cant see the games live.

How does it feel to back a team like the choking eagles?

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 11:40 PM
cause I'm buzzed in New England and enjoy pointing out fools when they make themselves known. Dam its nice to have a job where they pay you to go on the road and get buzzed. Too bad I cant see the games live.

How does it feel to back a team like the choking eagles?

Feels good to be a contender every year. Can't complain. As you can tell, I keep things in perspective. Thanx for askin. :spin

GoSpurs21
02-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Feels good to be a contender every year. Can't complain. As you can tell, I keep things in perspective. Thanx for askin. :spina contender actually wins the championship ever once and a while...thanks for playing Spurs poser fan

Mark in Austin
02-10-2005, 12:28 AM
I wish I could live in you sugar coated world. Do you really think Beno's agent is going to let his client sit happily on the bench for that long? Aint gonna happen.

The Spurs will have to offer him a starter's contract well before those 4 years are up, because other teams will be waving $M's in his face. He won't be a happy player imprisoned in a rookie peanuts contract at age 24 or 25.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

What you see here is proof that even the ignorant can be computer literate. Yikes.

Spurs_rock05
02-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Parker he has been our man all this time even though he is a playa with the girls but its better to him. and thank goodness the spurs kept him because jkidd would have given the spurs a bad name

pepito51
02-10-2005, 04:04 AM
TP is right now better than Beno.... Beno has shown great abilities to play seriously as he used to play in europe... but he also has played really badly lately... that's the problem of some people in the forum... they just notice when Tp sucks, and yes he had a bad beginning of season... but since 3 onth ( except ONE match) he's playing at a allstar level.... i dont say it cause i'm french, i just see it on the stats and the comments......... but that's right he had a bad debut........... but wat about Beno... how many games he just scored 2 point or 2 assists........ even if you come out of the bench to play 15 minutes................6 points and 1,9 assists per game is not tremendous anyway....
UDRIH
G GS MPG FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG TO PPG
48 0 14.2 99-220 .450 27-67 .403 45-56 .804 .20 .80 1.00 1.9 .60 .10 .88 5.6

PARKER
G GS MPG FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG TO PPG
49 49 33.6 317-642 .49 25-93 .26 118-180 .656 .40 3.30 3.80 6.2 1.12 .02 2.7 15.9

even if you double it's time, you dont reach his number....

but anyway, my view was that nobody notice when beno sucks.... but he does sometimes. right now he's a great second point guard. Probably in Three years he'll be really good... but right now tp is superior

glegi
02-10-2005, 05:39 AM
Pepito do not do the same mistake as all these guys and base your beliefs on stats...
I say, gun to head keep tp he is just better now in the future who knows anything is possible.....

tomati
02-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Keep em both.

TP can not play more than 32-35 mins, so we will always need a good backup PG.

TP can play more but pop doesn't want let him on court during 4th quarter there is a big difference in another team tp= 42 min/game :makemyday

Jimcs50
02-10-2005, 08:12 AM
TP can play more but pop doesn't want let him on court during 4th quarter there is a big difference in another team tp= 42 min/game :makemyday

We have yet to see this.
He is not strong enough, like say a Marbury or a Kidd to go for 40 mins, his body can not handle it...nothing to be ashamed of, it is just the truth.

boutons
02-10-2005, 08:27 AM
"pop doesn't want let him on court during 4th quarter"

huh? Tony is always on the court in the last 6 minutes of the game.

Useruser666
02-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Jason's kid > Parker

SpursChampsIII
02-10-2005, 11:18 AM

Discuss.

I can't believe I'm reading this. Beno will NEVER, I repeat NEVER be the basketball player TP is. There is nothing to discuss.

SpursChampsIII
02-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Jason's kid > Parker

Number of years Parker has left > Kidd's years left.

The stupid idiot had his chance and chose to stay in New Jersey...he can rot there.

bigzak25
02-10-2005, 11:29 AM
parkers speed is unmatched. when he is in attack mode he is one of the best PG in the nba.

i think we've all been pleasantly suprised with beno, but we still don't know if he can walk the walk with some quality minutes in the playoffs.

at the end of the day, TP goes nowhere unless some idiot GM is looking to unload a young superstar big...

i've been more than critical of TP's play in may/june as well but he's our PG now and for the forseeable future...embrace it man....he's the best we've had in a very long time, if not ever.

FromWayDowntown
02-10-2005, 12:45 PM
The only way Beno stays (a happy Spur) for 4 years is if he starts, period. He's starting his rookie contract at 22, not at 18 as Tony did, which is a huge difference. Start as a Spur, or elsewhere, he will start, and get paid appropriately, inside those 4 years.

This has to be my favorite take in this thread -- I didn't realize that the NBA had done away with the cap and had unilaterally rendered every contract voidable at the whim of the player.

No team can offer Beno any money until he becomes a free agent. He doesn't become a free agent until his current contract expires (assuming the Spurs don't extend him). Since he's locked up for 4 more years, it will be at least that long before anyone will come after Beno with any money -- if a team made such a run, they'd violate the CBA, but more than that, such efforts would be completely fruitless since Beno would be powerless to accept any such offers. Hell, even the Spurs can't offer Beno a new contract -- the best they could do would be to extend his current agreement by adding years and money onto the end. But only the Spurs can do that.

I don't see that Beno's age (22) is some big impediment to keeping him happy. 22 year old rookies are less and less common, but 22 is hardly old by NBA standards. There's nothing to suggest that Beno would be a malcontent. Who's to say that Beno wouldn't relish a Bobby Jackson-type role as the consummate 6th man, backing up a younger, more talented, all-star caliber PG? We don't know if Beno's down with that or not.

I would take Parker over Beno. I think Parker is easily the more complete player and substantially more talented. He's not the best pure PG on the Spurs roster, but Beno cannot penetrate like Tony can, and Beno hasn't shown the offensive explosiveness that Parker has. Beno might prove to be the better shooter, but you know, I'd generally take scorers over shooters (would you rather have Michael Finley or Fred Hoiberg?). I'd really take a scorer over a shooter when the scorer is the better defender of the two. Parker has shown leaps-and-bounds improvement on the defensive end as he learns to use his quickness and improves his strength. Beno will never have the same quickness and seems less inclined to become a stingy defender. Since Parker gets it done at both ends, and since his score-first mentality isn't really a problem in the Spurs offense, I'm sticking with Parker if I have to make a choice.

But I know I won't have to for several more years.

myhc
02-10-2005, 01:16 PM
I think we're all overlooking 2 important qualitys Tony has over Beno: experience and team chemistry. Tony knows the guys better than Beno because obviously he's been playing with them for much longer. Knowing where guys want the ball, their tendencies, when to shoot, when to find the hot guy, knowing the team's plays and what Pop wants on the floor-Tony has that advantage over Beno and will have it years down the road. Tony also knows how to play the other guards in this league while Beno is still learning guys names-and again, Tony will still have that advantage years down the road.

T Park
02-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Jouman < Eva

TAKE THAT USER!!! lol.

angel_luv
02-15-2005, 11:55 AM
BENO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No question about it. Tony is a good guy, but I can't do without my Beno Boy!

Extra Stout
02-15-2005, 12:23 PM
WGAF about this non-problem in 2005, except somebody with an irrational hatred of Tony Parker.

If Beno is so wonderful by 2008 that the Spurs decide it's not wise to pay big $$$ to two point guards, then they would be in the situation of having an excellent trade asset in whichever one they don't like as much.

Again, a non-problem.

ducks
02-15-2005, 12:28 PM
beno in past is proven he can not stay healthy

lets see what he does in the playoffs and the second half of the season after players see him and adjust to him
before sayign he is a top 5 backup poitn guard

Dario
02-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Rofl its fun to watch how you guys think. I'm a slovenian and i think beno sucked last few games, but still u guys compare him to tony, who is the best player in spurs lately right behind manu. Its funny how you pick on same guys constantly, but others can suck same or even worse and you still like them. I know most of you never played this game, but this lack of basketball knowledge is impressive. :)