PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons Gives Dallas Huge Vote Of Confidence

monosylab1k
02-22-2008, 10:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080223

completely trashes the Kidd deal. predicts Dallas doesn't even make the playoffs.

considering Bill Simmons has never been right about anything basketball-related in his life, I think it's great news for all Dallas fans to know he hates the deal.

Shank
02-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Blah blah blah...Celtics...blah blah blah...Patriots...blah blah blah...pop culture reference...blah blah blah repeat...

dallaskd
02-22-2008, 10:49 PM
what a dick.I love how no namers trash future hall of famers. Man oh man i would love to see Dallas with the trophy this june to make this guy look like a total jackass even though he already is a moron.

monosylab1k
02-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Blah blah blah...Celtics...blah blah blah...Patriots...blah blah blah...pop culture reference...blah blah blah repeat...
Actually he slobbers all over the Suns cock way more than the Celtics. He claimed last year's team was "historically good".

monosylab1k
02-22-2008, 10:52 PM
He also wrote an article calling the Patriots the greatest Boston team ever before the playoffs even started. He wrote that Dirk was the best forward since Larry Bird right before the 2006 Finals.

He's the ultimate human jinx. Having him on your team's side is the mother of all kisses of death.

baseline bum
02-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Fuck. He's going for 30/15/10 next game.

baseline bum
02-22-2008, 11:13 PM
He also wrote an article calling the Patriots the greatest Boston team ever before the playoffs even started. He wrote that Dirk was the best forward since Larry Bird right before the 2006 Finals.

He's the ultimate human jinx. Having him on your team's side is the mother of all kisses of death.

You forgot all the Phoenix jocking.

EDIT: Dammit... didn't read the post above the one I quoted

JMarkJohns
02-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Overall, I agree about Simmons, but I think the "historically good" was in relation to the Suns offense specifically, and also dependant upon the Suns acquiring Rashard Lewis or Mike Miller for Kurt Thomas, as Simmons proposed.

And Mono, you left out Shaun Livingston. When he moved to LA, he named him the next great PG. Now it's doubtful if he'll ever play again, let alone at a high level.

sribb43
02-22-2008, 11:46 PM
reading that youd think Kidd was JJ Barea

Findog
02-23-2008, 12:27 AM
He made some good points about how our interior d took a hit with Diop's departure, and how we don't have as many athletic guys who run the floor well as in NJ, and that is Kidd's strength, creating fast-break opportunities in the open court. But Terry doesn't come within 20 feet of the basket? Dirk is slow? Has he ever watched us play? It was too much of a knee-jerk reaction after the loss to the Hornets. Kidd and his new teammates were clearly not in sync with each other, and it was still anybody's game for 33 minutes.

I'm not going to get ahead of myself, we played the Grizz tonight...but it was heartening to see all of the running we did and some of the opportunities that come with having Kidd directing the attack in the open floor...the extra pass from Dampier to Dirk as the trailer on that one break...etc. Not to mention that when we let Memphis back into the game after getting a big lead, we didn't just hang on for the win, we turned it into a laugher again. That doesn't happen without Kidd.

It was a tradeoff, we're going to miss Diop whenever Damp gets into foul trouble, we're going to miss Harris' ability to keep the speedy guards in front of him, and he may ultimately be right that we're not going to win a title this year, but he's completely full of shit to say we're no better than 7th-best in the West.

Findog
02-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Other than Phoenix cruising to victory, it's been a good night to be a Mavs fan.

Findog
02-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Actually he slobbers all over the Suns cock way more than the Celtics. He claimed last year's team was "historically good".

If I was him, I'd scrub that article from the archives. He put them in the same category as the Showtime Lakers, and claimed they were approaching "hallowed ground." :lol

He definitely isn't a casual fan, but he's not nearly the expert he thinks he is.

"Have you seen Dallas play?"

Obviously you haven't, Masshole.