PDA

View Full Version : Ha, Ha not so fast Shaq that guy Duncan still around.

Rummpd
02-23-2008, 10:46 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/viewcast/2008/02/22/index.html?contestId=22357&vendorId=2008022221&vendorVisitTeam=2&vendorHomeTeam=21&pageType=recap

The big mouth in AZ said"

'' Amare Stoudemire is the best big man in the game right now - period, bar none,'' O'Neal said. ''I didn't know he was that good. But talking to him and watching him play, he's the best big man in the game at 25, and I mean that. I'm not just saying that to pump him up.''

Ah wait a second, Amare will get killed when Duncan takes him outside. Amare a fine player, but no way he is the league with Duncan. Howard and Bynum have also ate Amare's lunch and Gasol will also score on him with impunity.

BonnerDynasty
02-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Action talks, bullshit walks.

Amare is a really good player. But it takes a lot to be the best.

SenorSpur
02-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Only more reason for Amare's oversized ego to swell even more.

Frankly, I'm already sick of Shaq's mouth. Everything from his hollow compliments to his false bravado. Can't wait for these bitch-ass Suns to be "put to bed" come spring.

florige
02-23-2008, 11:00 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/viewcast/2008/02/22/index.html?contestId=22357&vendorId=2008022221&vendorVisitTeam=2&vendorHomeTeam=21&pageType=recap

'' Amare Stoudemire is the best big man in the game right now - period, bar none,'' O'Neal said. ''I didn't know he was that good. But talking to him and watching him play, he's the best big man in the game at 25, and I mean that. I'm not just saying that to pump him up.''

Ah wait a second, Amare will get killed when Duncan takes him outside. Amare a fine player, but no way he is the league with Duncan. Howard and Bynum have also ate Amare's lunch and Gasol will also score on him with impunity.
\
Coincidently as soon as Shaq starts playing for Phx Amare is all of the sudden the best big man in the NBA, period.... :rolleyes

I remember at one point him saying that "Flash" was the best player in the league. Shaq just likes to hear himself talk.

Matchman
02-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Shaq IS correct. Amare is the best big man AT THE AGE OF 25. Duncan, Yao, and Dwight are not 25

spurscenter
02-23-2008, 11:23 AM
http://style.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/christina-milian-bikini-pictures.jpg

DAMN GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that photo in itself makes shaq comments unimportant

jesus christ.

florige
02-23-2008, 11:30 AM
http://style.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/christina-milian-bikini-pictures.jpg

DAMN GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that photo in itself makes shaq comments unimportant

jesus christ.

:lol You should have seen the one I had up at first. It was too big though.

tp2021
02-23-2008, 11:37 AM
shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think.

Shaolin-Style
02-23-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd believe him if Amare could get a DPOY.

Til then hes only a great offensive big man who gets murdered and put onto the bench with foul trouble by TD.

Ronaldo McDonald
02-23-2008, 12:53 PM
anyone else have a hunch that duncan will have a big time game against the suns the next time they play us?

bdictjames
02-23-2008, 01:03 PM
After seeing the game last night, I was thinking of Amare 2005. That guy is better without Shawn. The Suns are better without Shawn, and even I've seen Nash being serious at defense.

Im starting to like the Suns

But Duncan is still the best big man though. The wins, the way he makes the game easier for his teammates, its just remarkable.

jag
02-23-2008, 01:38 PM
This is the same guy that said "flash" was the best SG in the league.

S_JeSyiwcGg&feature=related[/url]

timmy21_4rings
02-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Looks like stupid Shaq has to tell who the best player is after he has become the member of every NBA team. When he played Miami, Wade was best because he realized how good Wade was after becoming a Heat and now Amare is the best because he realized how good Amare is after becoming Sun. What an idiot statement.

Agloco
02-23-2008, 02:50 PM

This from the man who coined the name "The Big Fundamental"....

The only reason he said it was to give Aramre some emotional head. A good investment on Shaqs part since they're gonna be teammates.

Hillcrest
02-23-2008, 02:53 PM

he *totally* qualified the claim with the "at 25" remark.

he's not really even saying much with that qualifier.

Borosai
02-23-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't think that's what he meant. I'm pretty sure he meant to say that Amare, at only 25 years of age, is already the best big man in the league. Obviously, it can be interpreted either way - I'm not really sure.

And yes, he's just pumping him up like an overused cock pump - inflating at first, but a big letdown later (I'm not speaking from personal experience, of course).

mardigan
02-23-2008, 03:19 PM
People get butt hurt to easy. So what if he thinks his teamate is the best pf, Im sure Tim thinks he has the best point guard and shooting guard as well.. Its a good thing to have confidence in your teamates. And plus, Shaq isnt the end all be all of basketball opinions either.

Fabbs
02-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I think Wade was the best at the time Snac said it.

Beyond that, just the usual Shaq bullcrap. Bring it San Antonio in the playoffs, Bubba.

CaptainLate
02-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Amare is a really good player. But it takes a lot to be the best.

Hey, he showed himself to be a load against the Spurs in the playoffs when he averaged, what, 37ppg against us? But the guy doesn't play the "Dee-fence" :nope and that is why the sun will set again for the Suns in 2008. It would be nice if it is against us. :toast

ajh18
02-23-2008, 03:51 PM
I would take Jefferson or Howard before Amare as the best young bigs.

Duncans the man though.

DazedAndConfused
02-23-2008, 04:05 PM
People get butt hurt to easy. So what if he thinks his teamate is the best pf, Im sure Tim thinks he has the best point guard and shooting guard as well.. Its a good thing to have confidence in your teamates. And plus, Shaq isnt the end all be all of basketball opinions either.

it's called insecurity

mavsfan1000
02-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey, he showed himself to be a load against the Spurs in the playoffs when he averaged, what, 37ppg against us? But the guy doesn't play the "Dee-fence" :nope and that is why the sun will set again for the Suns in 2008. It would be nice if it is against us. :toast
He did a good job against Garnett last night. I suspect he will be a much improved defender now that he is at the 4 position a lot. He's also becoming a good help defender on the weak side.

JMarkJohns
02-23-2008, 04:19 PM
I would take Jefferson or Howard before Amare as the best young bigs.

Duncans the man though.

Both are centers this season.

Amare's issue was that he's been a PF with some SF skills playing C. I mean, you'd be a bit confused as well. He's not a true low post banger, and he's not a true wing. He's a great combination of both, probably with a 60-40 wing-to-banger ratio. As a PF he's no free to do a little more of the wing stuff that is more within his skill range and freed from the banger stuff that fell just outside. He's better outside and off the dribble than Boozer, Jefferson and Howard, and is better inside than Dirk and Bosh.

Now that he's playing more PF, his rebounding seems to improving, and now that he's not the main body muscling up the low-post banger, he's free to roam the paint to alter shots, his best defensive trait.

At PF, it would surprise me to see Amare post 26-to-30 ppg, 10-to-12 rpg, 2-to-2.5 bpg on equally good shooting. With Shaq alongside at center, some nights he'll only gor gor single-digit boards (like last night), but more often than not I expect 10+.

I wouldn't say he's better than Duncan. That said, he's probably playing closer to that level than most understand. However, I do think he lacks the mental ability to lead without becoming selfish that separates players like Duncan from the rest. I think leadership, not anything skills-wise on the court, is the biggest determining factor because Amare's rebounding and blocks have improved considerably over the past month or two.

hsxvvd
02-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Shaq's exact quote.
“Amare Stoudemire is the best big man in the game right now,” O’Neal said. “I didn’t know he was that good. But talking to him and watching him play … he’s the best big man in the game.”

I guess that means Amare telling Shaq "I'm the best big man in the game".

JamStone
02-23-2008, 07:50 PM

co-sign.

Why would anyone at this point take anything Shaq says to heart?

hsxvvd
02-23-2008, 07:56 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040613/040613_shaq_rest_vmed_9a.widec.jpg
DUMB

http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2003/06/19/magazine/22cover.386.jpg

AND DUMBER

genomefreak13
02-24-2008, 01:07 AM

'' Amare Stoudemire is the best big man in the game right now - period, bar none,'' O'Neal said. ''I didn't know he was that good. But talking to him and watching him play, he's the best big man in the game at 25, and I mean that. I'm not just saying that to pump him up.'

Why didn't he say that when he was in Miami. I think Shaq is talking a lot of shit these days. He's earning his $20 Million salary by kissing Stoudamire's ass. I remember him saying that Duncan is one greatest power forward in the league - and he said it while he was in his prime. Between the two, the latter , seems to be the most reliable.