PDA

View Full Version : How long until Terry says something to piss of Kidd?

batboy
02-23-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm guessing after a playoff exit.

Indazone
02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Where's the poll answer within the next two weeks? LOL

JamStone
02-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't think it will be anything he says. I think it will be something he does. He'll punch Kidds nuts in practice and then give praise to Jesus for TJ's forehead and then he'll do the airplane jet around the practice gym.

ancestron
02-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm an aero-plane LOL
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/jet.jpg

stretch
02-23-2008, 02:11 PM
This thread fails.

Findog
02-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I thought we fucked ourselves with the Kidd trade because Oscar Robertson and Bill Russell are now playing for the Nets? No?

monosylab1k
02-23-2008, 02:15 PM
We all know what a team cancer Jason Terry is. He's done nothing but get into trouble since he's been in Dallas.

monosylab1k
02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
I have no choice but to believe Spurs fans are actually scared of the Mavs after this trade. I haven't seen this much Mavs hate on this board since the Spurs got knocked the fuck out of the playoffs by Dallas in 06.

I keep reading "this is a great trade for SA!" but it's all followed by a lot of attempts to convince themselves that this trade is a failure. If you love the trade so much, why start retarded threads like this? I don't get the insecurity Spurs fans are displaying right now.

Spuradicator
02-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I have no choice but to believe Spurs fans are actually scared of the Mavs after this trade.

:lol :lol :lol

Whatever helps you get through the rest of the season.

batboy
02-23-2008, 02:33 PM
I have no choice but to believe Spurs fans are actually scared of the Mavs after this trade. I haven't seen this much Mavs hate on this board since the Spurs got knocked the fuck out of the playoffs by Dallas in 06.

I keep reading "this is a great trade for SA!" but it's all followed by a lot of attempts to convince themselves that this trade is a failure. If you love the trade so much, why start retarded threads like this? I don't get the insecurity Spurs fans are displaying right now.

I think it's a good trade for the Mavs. I am also pretty sure that your basketball team defeated our basketball team in 2006 in a best-of-seven series.

In other news, Jason Terry is an intolerable little fucking mouthpiece and he's already making day-to-day comments about Kidd's game (albeit probably when asked). ITT we have fun speculating about the chemistry. I don't see any predictions vis-a-vis Spurs-Mavs in this post, but feel free to read all the "insecurity" you want into it.

stretch
02-23-2008, 02:57 PM
In other news, Jason Terry is an intolerable little fucking mouthpiece and he's already making day-to-day comments about Kidd's game (albeit probably when asked).

:wtf

what the fuck are you talking about?

spursfan09
02-23-2008, 03:03 PM
I have no choice but to believe Spurs fans are actually scared of the Mavs after this trade. .

You might want to change that to "some Spurs fans" because this Spur fan is definitly not scared of that trade.

mavsfan1000
02-23-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't see any problems with Kidd and Terry. Especially since Terry is thriving the most with Kidd as point guard as it takes away most of Terry's weaknesses. Such as he can't guard 2's, isn't a point guard, and can't rebound well. Kidd covers all those up.

endrity
02-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Terry, more than Dirk, will be the one to really profit from Kidd.

Findog
02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Why would Terry have a problem with Kidd? Kidd is going to make his life easier, much easier.

Amarelooms
02-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Why would Terry have a problem with Kidd? Kidd is going to make his life easier, much easier.

Yes you are correct...this thread is a failure and the ass clown that created it only proves his lack of basketball knowledge. :elephant

Terry is a shooter...he wants as many shots he can get...Kidd will only make Terry's life easier...he gonna get wide open 3's and jumpers...all he gotta do is knock em down :elephant

Findog
02-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I couldn't believe how wide open Terry was on the three-pointer last night that proved to be the dagger. No Grizzly was within 10 feet of him. They all collapsed on Kidd when he drove to the basket.

dirk4mvp
02-23-2008, 04:51 PM

So true. I was at the game last night and Kidd makes every Mavs player's life so much easier. Terry doesn't have to dribble between his legs 5 times and then pull up a 3..he spots up in the corner and waits for a crisp pass from Kidd and shoots. Damn I love having Kidd at the point.

Findog
02-23-2008, 04:58 PM
So true. I was at the game last night and Kidd makes every Mavs player's life so much easier. Terry doesn't have to dribble between his legs 5 times and then pull up a 3..he spots up in the corner and waits for a crisp pass from Kidd and shoots. Damn I love having Kidd at the point.

I don't want to get carried away because it was the Grizzlies, but they ran the break a lot more last night than they did against New Orleans. I think Avery and the players understand that you have to play uptempo to get the full benefit of what it is that Kidd does.

sribb43
02-23-2008, 06:48 PM
ya JET hates Kidd bc Kidd passes him the ball when he is open....it looked like JET couldnt stand Kidd. i mean JET was smiling ear to ear of Kidd hit him for an open 3 last night.. also the mavs now have a PG that can play 35+ minutes and JET doesnt have to run the point that much

picnroll
02-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Of the big trades the only one that doesn't work for the Spurs is the Gasol rape.

SenorSpur
02-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Terry is a two-bit, crowd-sniffing, punk-ass, who hasn't won shit. When he's getting his ass handed to him, he gets frustrated and takes cheap-shots at players. He thinks he's all that, but dude has no nuts.

It took the Mavs damn near 3 seasons for figure out that he can't run the point. He's too busy jacking up shots himself.

There's no doubt that Kidd will get him some great looks, but he will be exposed (yet again) during the playoffs when paired up against bigger backcourt players.

pussyface
02-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Terry is a two-bit, crowd-sniffing, punk-ass, who hasn't won shit. When he's getting his ass handed to him, he gets frustrated and takes cheap-shots at players. He thinks he's all that, but dude has no nuts.

It took the Mavs damn near 3 seasons for figure out that he can't run the point. He's too busy jacking up shots himself.

There's no doubt that Kidd will get him some great looks, but he will be exposed (yet again) during the playoffs when paired up against bigger backcourt players.

...now we have the dumb opinion.

terry was never brought in as a distributor... he came to dallas to shoot and score and his stint has been an unqualified success by any reasonable measure.

...being public enemy #1 of spursnation only enforces this

SenorSpur
02-23-2008, 08:52 PM
...now we have the dumb opinion.

terry was never brought in as a distributor... he came to dallas to shoot and score and his stint has been an unqualified success by any reasonable measure.

...being public enemy #1 of spursnation only enforces this

OK smart ass. No one said he was brought in specifically to be the PG. The fact is he shared the PG position during the first 3 years of Devin Harris' tenure.

Being a card-carrying fan of the NBA's biggest "choke artist's" must affect your memory. Or maybe you're a fair-weather fan. You have to be if you didn't know that.

mavs>spurs2
02-23-2008, 09:15 PM

Seriously...gtfo. Terry is better than anyone on the Spurs not named Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili...and that includes that overrated little shit Tony Parker..

mavsfan1000
02-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Seriously...gtfo. Terry is better than anyone on the Spurs not named Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili...and that includes that overrated little shit Tony Parker..
Actually he isn't. Parker runs the point guard a hell lot better than Terry. Terry running the offense is painful to watch. Parker actually puts pressure on the defense. Terry always got a lot of help from Harris though and now even better with Kidd.

SenorSpur
02-23-2008, 09:43 PM

:lmao

Get a fucking clue or take your half-baked opinions back to the Mavs Fan Forum.

:lmao

SenorSpur
02-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Actually he isn't. Parker runs the point guard a hell lot better than Terry. Terry running the offense is painful to watch. Parker actually puts pressure on the defense. Terry always got a lot of help from Harris though and now even better with Kidd.

:toast

Toast to you sir. You're usually the most level-headed Mavs fan on this board.

BTW, what are your thoughts on the Kidd signing?

mavsfan1000
02-23-2008, 09:52 PM
:toast

Toast to you sir. You're usually the most level-headed Mavs fan on this board.

BTW, what are your thoughts on the Kidd signing?
Not sure yet. I don't like it against San Antonio but if we get a good backup Center, I think we got a good shot. Sucks though that Harris got traded as he was my second favorite mav. We matchup well to the teams that don't have a quick point guard now. New Orleans, San Antonio, Phoenix, and Golden State are the teams we want to avoid.

DubMcDub
02-23-2008, 10:21 PM

Must suck pretty hard that he singlehandedly beat your team in a playoff game, then.

After all, I guess that means the 4-time champs got handled by a "two-bit, crowd-sniffing punk ass who hasn't won shit."

td4mvp21
02-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Must suck pretty hard that he singlehandedly beat your team in a playoff game, then.

After all, I guess that means the 4-time champs got handled by a "two-bit, crowd-sniffing punk ass who hasn't won shit."

:rolleyes Don't even start with smack from 2006, it's not any better than us bringing up our championships.

mavs>spurs2
02-23-2008, 11:24 PM

Im not talking about who's the better point guard ass, i'm saying that Terry is better overall. Parker is good at one thing only, and that's dribble penetration.

SenorSpur
02-23-2008, 11:24 PM

It took an "ill-advised" Manu foul and subsequent 3-pt play for Dirk, in the late stages of Game 7, for the Spurs to lose that series. That was after overcoming a 3-1 series deficit. So any references to Terry's "greatness" are moot.

While we're at it, your team sucks so hard they choked away a 2-0 lead in the NBA Finals. Then stormed through the next regular season with 67 wins, only to get ousted in the first round by an 8th seed. But hey, I'm sure you already know the history lesson.

Face it. Until your team wins something, there's no use trying to scoreboard or talk shit to any Spurs fan. Come back in a few years - if you can and only if your team is able to put some skins on the wall - which they wont. :lol

td4mvp21
02-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Im not talking about who's the better point guard ass, i'm saying that Terry is better overall. Parker is good at one thing only, and that's dribble penetration.

You are stupid if you think Terry is better overall. Terry is the one-dimensional player-he can only shoot. He can't pass as good as Parker, he can't drive as good as Parker, he can't set up his teammates as good as Parker, and I'm pretty sure Parker is a better defender. Also, who is Finals MVP?

Thanks.

SenorSpur
02-23-2008, 11:32 PM

Put down the crack pipe, take off the blue-and-white colored glasses, and step away from the keyboard - PLEASE!

:lol

mavs>spurs2
02-23-2008, 11:40 PM
You are stupid if you think Terry is better overall. Terry is the one-dimensional player-he can only shoot. He can't pass as good as Parker, he can't drive as good as Parker, he can't set up his teammates as good as Parker, and I'm pretty sure Parker is a better defender. Also, who is Finals MVP?

Thanks.

Parker doesn't pass well or set up his teammates. He dribbles down the court and either A) looks to drive or B) passes it to a wing to set something up

td4mvp21
02-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Parker doesn't pass well or set up his teammates. He dribbles down the court and either A) looks to drive or B) passes it to a wing to set something up

You don't even fucking watch Spurs games. He averages 6.1 assists and he is usually the main focus of the offense! That means he's taking the most shots and still averaging 6 assists! He is an excellent passer. You don't know what you're talking about. Don't call Parker a one-dimensional player, and definitely don't place Terry above him. The only thing Terry has on Parker is shooting the three ball.

debo
02-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I have no choice but to believe Spurs fans are actually scared of the Mavs after this trade

nope, J Kidd is great and all but spurs have been pretty good at guarding him, however Harris was always a thorn in the spurs' side and Diop single handedly kept tony shy from attacking

debo
02-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Mavs > Spurs?

the spurs have 4 shiny things that say you they aren't

mavs>spurs2
02-23-2008, 11:49 PM
You don't even fucking watch Spurs games. He averages 6.1 assists and he is usually the main focus of the offense! That means he's taking the most shots and still averaging 6 assists! He is an excellent passer. You don't know what you're talking about. Don't call Parker a one-dimensional player, and definitely don't place Terry above him. The only thing Terry has on Parker is shooting the three ball.

Not hard to get a few assists when your only 2 jobs are to drive or bounce pass it to Duncan in the post and watch him do all the work.

Hemotivo
02-23-2008, 11:52 PM
End of reg. season.

td4mvp21
02-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Not hard to get a few assists when your only 2 jobs are to drive or bounce pass it to Duncan in the post and watch him do all the work.

:rolleyes Duncan isn't the only one he passes too.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue to argue with someone who has their head way too far up their ass.

mavsfan1000
02-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Sounds like you are the dumb ass if you actually believe what you're typing.

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 12:15 AM
:rolleyes Duncan isn't the only one he passes too.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue to argue with someone who has their head way too far up their ass.

Does my Terry sig make this troll job look more believable?

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 12:16 AM
All joking aside, Mavsfan1000 is the biggest douchebag/retard in the entire Mavericks fanbase.

td4mvp21
02-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Does my Terry sig make this troll job look more believable?

:lmao Don't act like it was some sort of troll job, you made your ignorant statement way before I responded.

mavsfan1000
02-24-2008, 12:19 AM
All joking aside, Mavsfan1000 is the biggest douchebag/retard in the entire Mavericks fanbase.
Yes anyone that is subjective rather than a complete homer is a douchbag/retard in your books. San Antonio has the best trio in the nba but I think the mavs got the better team this year if that makes you feel better. :toast

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 12:21 AM
:lmao Don't act like it was some sort of troll job, you made your ignorant statement way before I responded.

I do happen to like Terry, I was just trolling in response to all the Terry bashing in this thread. Unclench.

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Yes anyone that is subjective rather than a complete homer is a douchbag/retard in your books. San Antonio has the best trio in the nba but I think the mavs got the better team this year if that makes you feel better. :toast

Lmfao..do your research on me kid. I've never been a homer of any sort.

Weren't you the one arguing with Mono trying to downplay Finley's importance to the Mavs organization?

mavsfan1000
02-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Lmfao..do your research on me kid. I've never been a homer of any sort.

Weren't you the one arguing with Mono trying to downplay Finley's importance to the Mavs organization?
That was misunderstood. I never said anything negative about Finley not being important and he carried our team in the 90's. It was after 2003 that I considered Finley not to be counted as the big 3 as he was deteriorating quick which of course led to him getting waived. We got a big 4 now though so I'm excited to be a mavs fan.

sabar
02-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Terry better than Parker?
You'd have a much stronger argument comparing Parker and Harris.
Like 1000x stronger.

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Mono help me out here..

mattb_25
02-24-2008, 02:40 AM
Zach Thomas owns them allllllllllllll :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

monosylab1k
02-24-2008, 11:35 AM
That was misunderstood. I never said anything negative about Finley not being important and he carried our team in the 90's. It was after 2003 that I considered Finley not to be counted as the big 3 as he was deteriorating quick which of course led to him getting waived. We got a big 4 now though so I'm excited to be a mavs fan.
Oh bull-fucking-shit.

You constantly talked of how overrated he was, claimed he was nothing but a jump shooter his whole career, and said he wasn't as important to the Mavs organization as Nash.

Which tells me you didn't start following the Mavs till 2001 or so. Anybody who watched Michael Finley play during the bad years knows just how great he was, that he was one of the best slashing guards in the league, and how much it meant to the organization that he never gave up on the Mavericks. He gave his entire career to the Mavs, playing 40+ minutes a game four straight years. There was nobody more important to this franchise back in the 90's, when true Mavs fans existed.

It's a testament to some Spurs fans here that they think you're the "most reasonable" Mav fan here, as anybody without a "Spurs are the greatest ever!!!!1!! WOOHOO MY MAVS SUCK!!!" opinion is immediately regarded as an idiot. That's objectivity at it's finest there. It's also probably because you were rooting for the Spurs in 1999.