PDA

View Full Version : Manu is so f'ing good

E20
02-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Damn 30 and 12 so fucking good. LOL

He's telling the all star game to go fuck themselves.

Deimosfobos
02-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Manu is breaking all his records and playing better than ever... i want +49 pts now and a triple doble.

I'm getting greedy, tho i dout he will score thta much now that Parker is back, time to share the ball a litle more. :)

SequSpur
02-23-2008, 11:17 PM
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2852/churchsignla0.jpg

T Park
02-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Manu = Manure

smeagol
02-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Even sequ is rooting for the hot dog . . .

phyzik
02-23-2008, 11:21 PM
if we make the finals and win, it would be a travesty if Manu didnt get finals MVP. (assuming he continues to play at this level)

Cherry
02-23-2008, 11:25 PM
:lol :toast

bigfundamental21
02-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Manu was unstoppable tonight. Grabbing one handed rebounds, shooting threes in transition, and getting to the basket at will. He should be player of the week and player of the month.

TMTTRIO
02-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Manu's been absolutely amazing lately and this year he's been setting career highs in almost everything (rebounds, steals, assists). All we need now is for him to have a 50 point game :lol j/k. If there's someone who deserves player of the week Manu should get it.

WildcardManu
02-24-2008, 12:01 AM
if we make the finals and win, it would be a travesty if Manu didnt get finals MVP. (assuming he continues to play at this level)

Only fair for him to get it, now that Duncan and Parker have Finals MVP honors. Plus it will make a certain writer look like a moron for putting Manu in his "Declining Team" at the beginning of the season.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-24-2008, 12:04 AM
One game at a time, I still think Manu is JUST getting warmed up for the Playoffs. :lol

I dont' think we should be talking Finals MVP's until we hopefully make it to the finals.

ancestron
02-24-2008, 12:18 AM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/MANUmotivator.jpg

Fillmoe
02-24-2008, 12:19 AM
hes been playing good as of late

timvp
02-24-2008, 12:25 AM
If Manu is going to play like this in the playoffs, it might be time to gas up the riverboats.

:smokin

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-24-2008, 12:27 AM
:lol

Pop is running out of things to say, he sounds like a broken record

"Obviously, Manu has been on fire here for quite a while playing All-Star basketball," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.

Meanwhile, props from Robert Horry are always good (since he's played with so many great players :lol)

"Manu is one of the great players in the game," veteran Robert Horry said. "He definitely better be player of the month in my eyes. He's been playing fantastic. Without him, I think we would be losing five or six games in a row."

T Park
02-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Manu like this, Thomas, Duncan and Parker healthy?

Go ahead and start stitching up 2008 on a banner...

GrandeDavid
02-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Its 2:00 AM in Brazil and my wife and I just got home from a dinner with friends and I checked my laptop for the final score and stat sheet and when I saw not just a win but also that Manu canned 30 with 12 assists, I Bill Waltoned and told my wife that Manu is widely considered the best player in the world right now. She was like "really"? lol

Anyway, go Manu! You are the man!

GrandeDavid
02-24-2008, 12:32 AM
If Manu is going to play like this in the playoffs, it might be time to gas up the riverboats.

:smokin

:lmao

Am I the only one that saw the brilliance in this comment?

Seriously, I hope Manu saves some for the playoffs and doesn't spend all these gems getting fat back when we won't remember. But based on his track record, I seriously doubt that's the case. Go Effing Manu!

greens
02-24-2008, 12:44 AM

"Obviously, Manu has been on fire here for quite a while playing All-Star basketball," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.

Meanwhile, props from Robert Horry are always good (since he's played with so many great players :lol)

"Manu is one of the great players in the game," veteran Robert Horry said. "He definitely better be player of the month in my eyes. He's been playing fantastic. Without him, I think we would be losing five or six games in a row."

Awesome...Robert Horry also said just a few weeks ago that Manu is one of his favorite five players to watch in the NBA...And he has played with a ton of amazing players and teams...so I really like his perspective.

By the way, here is the longer version of Robert Horry's quote:

On Manu - “I love watching Manu and I think it’s a shame that he didn’t make the All-star game. When you have a player like Manu on your team it makes a huge difference. Manu is the player of the month in my eyes.”

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_080223.html

Sean Elliot also said that he was surprised that Manu was not chosen to be at the All Stars game...

jag
02-24-2008, 01:08 AM
hope he's got something left for the playoffs, his minutes have been up lately..with tony coming back he hopefully wont have to put up 40pg to get a win.

PhoenixSpursFan
02-24-2008, 01:17 AM
Manu didn't make the all star game cause he's not an all star.......HES AN ALL ESTRELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRHector
02-24-2008, 01:21 AM
that's a cool pic

NRHector
02-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Only fair for him to get it, now that Duncan and Parker have Finals MVP honors. Plus it will make a certain writer look like a moron for putting Manu in his "Declining Team" at the beginning of the season.
who is the fucking writer that made that comment about the team

lefty
02-24-2008, 01:30 AM
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/197/manustatsng7.jpg

ancestron
02-24-2008, 03:51 AM
26-44 3 pointers in the last 5 games is insane.

Martin R
02-24-2008, 06:04 AM
yeap, that almost 60% of threes having shot 44 times!!! amazing.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-24-2008, 06:11 AM
who is the fucking writer that made that comment about the team

It wasn't about the team. Hollinger suggested that Manu would decline this year because his statistical models told him so. Hollinger was clearly wrong.

Manu has become my favourite basketball player of all-time to watch - ahead of DRob and Timmy and MJ and Bird and a host of others. The combination of his unpredictability, courage and poise is unrivalled. Manu is a 'balla for the ages.

WalterBenitez
02-24-2008, 08:41 AM

I see a business there, making Manu's hoy water in bottles :drunk

G-Nob
02-24-2008, 09:08 AM
That stretch in the 4th where it was Manu against five, imo, is the precise reason Manu is the best player in the league. Very seldom does a player completely take over a game the way Manu does. Those who vote for the MVP award need to take that into consideration. Maybe instead of looking at stats you can call it BALLS OF STEEL.

I don't know if we're going to repeat. We'll have to see about that. But I certainly like my chances going to war with El Contusion on my side.

SAGambler
02-24-2008, 09:10 AM
It wasn't about the team. Hollinger suggested that Manu would decline this year because his statistical models told him so. Hollinger was clearly wrong.

Manu has become my favourite basketball player of all-time to watch - ahead of DRob and Timmy and MJ and Bird and a host of others. The combination of his unpredictability, courage and poise is unrivalled. Manu is a 'balla for the ages.

I knew Manu was going to be special the first time I saw him hit the floor in a Spurs uniform. Since that time, I wait for when he enters a game, knowing he is going to do something special.

I think he is on another level this year, because he didn't use so much energy playing last summer. I also think Manu is the type of guy that can say to himself, "Okay, so many are struggleing to score, I'll just put the team on my shoulders and carry them for awhile". He is such a damn competitor, it's unbelieveable.

I think the should be, hands down, selected as the Player of the Month in the West. If they give it to Kobe or anyone else, I, for one, am going to be pissed.

Kobulingam
02-24-2008, 09:13 AM
You guys realize that Manu played like this at the start of the year until his finger got really swollen. He then played relatively badly with the cast and right after cast was removed (while he was getting readjusted to different feel on the ball). Now he's healthy and playing like he did at the start.

It's not inconceivable that Manu would be in consideration for MVP if not for the finger injury.

Deimosfobos
02-24-2008, 11:23 AM
You guys realize that Manu played like this at the start of the year until his finger got really swollen. He then played relatively badly with the cast and right after cast was removed (while he was getting readjusted to different feel on the ball). Now he's healthy and playing like he did at the start.

It's not inconceivable that Manu would be in consideration for MVP if not for the finger injury.

He was 15th on the MVP race untill the finger incident, i'm sure Manu would be on the top 10 chart by now if it wasn't for that finger, his numbers at the begining of the season and the last couple of weeks are just amazing.

beirmeistr
02-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I think it's a message from manu that he wants to be a starter like in 2005.

WildcardManu
02-24-2008, 12:35 PM

I didn't want to mention hollinger, the fact of just mentioning his name ticks me off like the time i saw his article about Manu's decline this year. I hope he writes some sort of apology to Manu for being clearly wrong and not seeing this coming.

p.s. thanks for the link man, it was working

kuato
02-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Manu will make 60 points in a game this year !
:downspin:

Boulevard1
02-24-2008, 02:41 PM
He also posted career highs in rebounds and assists during the streak, and missed tying a career high in points by two.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-24-2008, 03:16 PM
ESPN threw up his last five games last night...

34.4 PPG
7.8 APG
64% FG
59% Threes

Sick.

WalterBenitez
02-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Manu like this, Thomas, Duncan and Parker healthy?

Go ahead and start stitching up 2008 on a banner...

Manu should keep some energy in his tank for Olympics! :D

Agloco
02-24-2008, 05:47 PM

LOL..... Pop hasn't had anything new to say since 2003......

Think about it, what else does he need to add? His teams kick ass every year and he's a lock for the HOF.

eNd oF LinE ............

smeagol
02-24-2008, 06:07 PM

Are you moving to Argentina? :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Are you moving to Argentina? :lol

Anything can happen! ;)

Most beautiful women in the world, BBQ, Manu... what more does a man need?

kuato
02-24-2008, 08:40 PM
I knew Manu was going to be special the first time I saw him hit the floor in a Spurs uniform. ------> Manu was special before NBA.

spurschick
02-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Manu has become my favourite basketball player of all-time to watch - ahead of DRob and Timmy and MJ and Bird and a host of others.

Welcome to the Church.

http://www.spurschick.com/church.jpg

LuvBones
02-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the Church.

:lol I love this thread! Manu is simply amazing... easily my all time favorite Spur!

Manu-of-steel
02-24-2008, 11:16 PM
it was john hollinger, from espn who included ginobili in the all-decline team, but i think he admitted his mistake earlier in the season.

Findog
02-24-2008, 11:17 PM
If Ginobili plays at this level in the playoffs, you'll finally have your repeat.

Manu-of-steel
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm out for words to describe how manu and all the spurs have been playing for the past 9 or 10 games. I even subscribed for a cable television just for me to watch nba games, and i think it's worth every penny. My concern is that tim and manu are getting more minutes in the regular season and this may not be the best for their post-season push. (although this could be due to the tight race in the western conference).i hope their minutes will be lessened now that tony is back in the helm.. Go spurs go!

remingtonbo2001
02-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Manu is so great that he deserves a thread at the top of this site.

But for some reason 30+ pts 12+ assists just doesn't cut it these days

OR 15 rebounds.

OR 6 for 6 from beyond the arc in a single quarter.

OR a game winning shot the next game.

Nope, that's just not good enough.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the Church.

Why thank you, darlin'... ;)

SpurOutofTownFan
02-25-2008, 12:28 PM
If he doesn't give us 50 pts, 15 rebounds, 10 assists, and 5 steals in the next couple games I will be really dissapointed and bordering suicidal.